BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Yanti & Salty MAD MANATEES Mentor Group - FULL POD Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 81

2012-04-30 10:39 PM
in reply to: #4180790

User image

Master
Central Kansas
Subject: RE: Yanti & Salty MAD MANATEES Mentor Group - FULL POD
Tripopo - 2012-04-30 9:24 AM

Great Race Kate!!

I think Yanti has nailed it on the swim video, although I can criteque the cannonball form if he needs some pointers on maximum splashitude Cool

Had to take it easier than I wanted this weekend since I strained my back putting an 80lb dog who is scared of cars in the back of a jeep wrangler, talk about a square peg in a round hole...  and decided to double down with doing yard work.  I went for a short, was going to say quick but it wasn't, run and am going to go for another round of bridge repeats later today hopefully the wind wont be as bad as last week

lol Jayson is worried about his cannonball and wants to get big splash.

I'm sorry about your back; I hope it begins feeling better very soon.

2012-04-30 10:42 PM
in reply to: #4181175

User image

Master
Central Kansas
Artemis - 2012-04-30 11:49 AM

I'm hoping to be around more this week.   Updates on my life:

1) Baby E is doing a lot better.  Antibiotics are amazing.  She has two more days and then we go back next week to make sure that it is gone.

2) Went for a run yesterday with the baby.  My calf/achilles is REALLY sore.  Like, I had to walk the 1/2 mile back home sore.  No idea what's going on.  It's not low in the ankle like I would expect if I twisted it, but about 4" above the ankle.  I've never had anything like this before.  I'm trying to stretch my calves out - they are definitely tight - but it's really strange.

3) I'm trying to cut back on refined/processed carbs.  Had an asthma attack after eating a bunch of sugar last week, so now I'm wondering if it could be related.  From the research I've done, it looks possible, so we're going to try to eat more brown rice and whole wheat pasta instead of the white stuff.  That's going to be much harder for my husband than me because he loves white rice.  I've already mostly cut out soda (I've had 2 20 oz bottles in the past 3 weeks) and I'm trying to cut out candy.  The candy is going to be a lot harder.

1) Hooray! I love antibiotics. I know we need to be careful, but those are nasty bugs.

2) I hope your calf/Achilles heals quickly. I had minor Achilles issues last spring, and it wasn't fun. I used RICE to nurse it along.

3) I am with you on the food. I need to be more diligent about what we eat. I've noticed a big difference when I try to do workouts on garbage food.

2012-04-30 10:45 PM
in reply to: #4181256

User image

Master
Central Kansas
jmkizer - 2012-04-30 12:16 PM

Is having weird health issues a requirement for this group?  If so, I want out!

Late last week a weird circular rash appeared in my upper arm.  I think that I first noticed it after swimming on Friday morning.  No biggie, I thought.  But it was still there on Saturday.  And Sunday. It does not itch.  It is not warm to the touch or swollen.  It's just there and it looks weird.

Kevin was out of town on a kayaking trip and I showed it to him last night.  He said that it was weird.  Go see a doctor.

First thing this morning I go to the doctor and he said -- let's treat it as Lyme disease.   (there is no test)

Last week the weather was icky.  I was in long sleeves on my runs.  I wore short sleeved jerseys on my bike rides.  No hikes in the woods or anything like that.

Hmmm. Interesting about the rash thing. I also have a spot near where my bra snaps together in the back. I've assumed it's something rubbing, but it itches and is kind of scaly. The next time I'm in to see the doctor, I was planning to ask her about it. I wasn't really sure what to put on it.

I hope your spot isn't Lyme disease. :-(

2012-04-30 10:47 PM
in reply to: #4181345

User image

Master
Central Kansas
Asalzwed - 2012-04-30 12:46 PM

Speaking of, I was playing with fire this weekend.

I have been  busy so I hadn't been grocery shopping so my pre-long run meal options were limited. I made a VERY risky decision to go with some Fiber One cereal (and two eggs and sausage.

After 20 miles I still felt great! While it seemed to have worked just fine, I think I just got lucky and will probably not be using this fueling method again. Wink

Congrats on the long run and even better to feel good at the end. But, yeah. I wouldn't want to tempt fate again with that pre-race meal. :-)

2012-04-30 10:50 PM
in reply to: #4182281

User image

Master
Central Kansas
jogo - 2012-04-30 6:57 PM

Just got home.

CONQUERED!!  They said that this year was the worst wind conditions ever 35-50mph.  Wind + hills + weird and stressful training cyle = PR!!!!! 5:40:23 (5:41 as my previous PR on a flat Detroit course in 2006)

Great job! That is some nasty wind. Congrats on the PR.

2012-04-30 10:51 PM
in reply to: #4181647

User image

Master
Central Kansas
jobaxas - 2012-04-30 2:28 PM

Love all the swim stroke advice - awesome.  I did swim squad last night and a new error occured for Coach Johnny to critique (personally I think he likes to make it all about me!)  He said my hand and elbow are entering the water at the same time...this is new from him so I'm wondering if it's just because I was tired...will ask him to check on Wednesday again...anyway tough session below - hopped out early it's recovery week!

warm up with fins

600m broken up - 100m free, 100m back, 100m breast x2
50m front scull
50m mid scull
50m hip scull
50m fists

Main set no fins

4x250m broken up:
200m free
2x25m underwater off 60sec cycle.  Basically take a breath go deep and swim to the end without coming up. 

I am very proud to say of the 6 in my lane I was the only one who could get to the end.  I did it every time!  Thought my head would explode but just reminded myself if I waqs in the pool messing around with my 7 year old daughter I would be doing this for fun and racing her to the end - made it easy.

The other guys stayed and did 2 more sets plus another set of 2x250 of Left Arm, Right Arm so I was glad I hopped out.

That's 2km done and it felt good to throw the arms over after a big weekend of training and emotion.

Had toast before squad and a huge bowl of pasta after, I am officially all carbed up!

I'm glad you are carbed up and feeling like yourself again.

2012-04-30 10:53 PM
in reply to: #4182496

User image

Master
Central Kansas
ArielLIlB - 2012-04-30 8:28 PM

Today I had exactly 30 minutes between the end of the work day and an appointment. I could have gone home and shoveled some food in my face, or I could bang out a quick run.  I remembered Salty's advice, and I put on my sneakers to see what I would get.  What I got was a quick 2 mile run at an average 9:10 pace! The air was nice and crisp and I felt great! So happy I hit the pavement

I was scheduled for a bike ride tomorrow, but I"ve been foiled by rain again! And no trainer at my house, so....just an a.m. swim. Trying out a new master group, I"ll let you know how it goes!

Way to get it done! Someone here said "I've never regretted doing a workout, but I've regretted missing one." That saying has gotten me up out of bed on many mornings, including this one. I say it to myself whenever I'm debating about working out or not. And it's true. I've never regretted a workout, even if it ended up being a quick one, like the one you did.

2012-04-30 11:10 PM
in reply to: #4181214

User image

Master
Central Kansas

Did a 30 minute swim workout this morning (before reading these posts). I did some pulling work and kicking drills. My legs were toast, but they are feeling great now. I'm excited to try the one armed drills tomorrow -- I've been watching video to get it down before trying it out myself. I've done a little of it before, but not for any length of time.

I was exhausted today. I came home from work at about 2:45, read a little, and then slept until 5:00. I wanted to try to get a short run in this evening, but I decided I was too tired. By the time I felt I had some energy, a thunderstorm was upon us -- it just let up about 20 minutes ago.

I need a bit of a rest, right? :-)

Thanks again to everyone who commented on my video. I have a week left with the indoor pool, then I hope by Memorial Day, the outside city pool will be open. They usually have scheduled lap swimming from noon to one, so I am going to have to adjust my training schedule a bit. But I'm also looking forward to being outside. But it means I'll probably have to go two or three weeks without swimming. Fortunately, my May 20th race is a duathlon.

Iditaprob update. No one ended up doing the Iditaprob on Friday. They started out, got a couple miles, and then the weather turned very nasty. Since my son finished his report on Friday, his teacher stopped us at church on Sunday, pulled him aside, and told him that if he turned it into her first thing this morning, she would let him ride the make-up bike ride.

He spent all Sunday evening telling me he didn't want to ride anyway, then just before bed, he confessed that he really did want to. So I got his bike ready, took him to school, and held my breath. He did turn in his paper, and was allowed to go on the ride -- he said they ended up going about 7 miles, and he had a blast.

Tuesday they are scheduled to go to the Salt Museum (underground, in a mine; it's super cool), if they are "eligible." He's already started in on me about how he doesn't want to go to the museum (which is true; he's afraid of going that far down into the ground -- I think it's 600 feet, and you have to carry one of those emergency oxygen packs that miners wear). I told him that was fine, but I didn't want him to sabotage his opportunity by purposefully missing an assignment. I wanted him to turn everything in, and if he doesn't want to go, just tell them that he doesn't want to go.

We'll see how it goes.

2012-05-01 5:57 AM
in reply to: #4126290

User image

Melon Presser

Howdy Manatees! Very sorry to hear about Janyne's rash, and happy to hear about other Manatee training and triumphs--will try to post to as many individually as I can.

I'm kinda up shiznit creek without a paddle, healthwise ... will post more about that later too. Need to get something actually more important posted first.

2012-05-01 6:14 AM

User image

Melon Presser

***IMPORTANT POST REGARDING SWIM BREATH-CONTROL DRILLS***

Like other things I've posted frequently about in the main forum and can't remember why I haven't posted here, this is one of them. (Except that this is the most important.) Therefore, it is definitely NOT about any particular Manatee or group of people on the forums. I see it all the time, which is one of the reasons I'm posting here. And I'm pointing it out particularly because of the very serious ramifications I've personally seen, and others have tragically experienced. This is, literally, a life and death issue.

This is a collation of things I've posted in Tri Talk as well as quoted from others. Please follow the links if you want to read or understand more about why.
---
Breath control drills are to be used with great caution, and in my opinion, with newer swimmers, not at all.

I see these in a lot of swim workouts, and a lot of people are doing them and asking questions about them.

Breath control is an important swim skill. Advanced swimmers can easily breathe every 3, 4, 5 whatever strokes.

I think actually breathing every 4 or more strokes is a TERRIBLE and DANGEROUS way to teach or practice breath control in novice to intermediate swimmers, and I am leery if allowing of its (minimal) use with advanced swimmers. Breathing 4+ for novice/intermediate is also a really good way to screw up your stroke form. (I also see that in advanced swimmers, btw).

Open water swimming is an ENDURANCE, primarily AEROBIC endeavour. You need air. Get it.

Link to the most recent thread I posted about this: http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=436621&start=1

---
From Suzanne (AdventureBear), a leading coach for Total Immersion as well as a triathlon coach: "People have died doing these drills. There is no physiologic benefit from doing them ... If you want to swim uninterupted without worrying about breathing, use a snorkel ...

A far, far better solution is to have someone work with you to learn how to breath properly. The number of strokes you take per breath is irrelevant. There is no right number. YOU need what you need. The body's need for oxygen consumption and getting rid of carbon dioxide is dependent upon how much energy you are using and in what form you are using it (aerobic/anaerbic, etc). When I start my swim warmup, I will frequently swim 7 to 9 strokes without breathing only because I am swimming smoothly, I have not gotten my oxygen consumption up by working hard, I am not generating a lot of waste products due to the low effort. When I have the urge to breath, I breath. When I am doing long endurance sprints, I may breath every 2 strokes. When I am rested and doing a single 25 yard sprint, yes, I can do it with no breaths. But not because I am forcing myself to do it. It is because 15-20 seconds of maximum effort requires little oxygen.

A novice swimmmer who uses all the energy they have just to stay on the surface of the water will need to breath every stroke because of the amount of energy they are using."

Link to the thread she started about this:

http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=64082&start=1

2012-05-01 6:39 AM
in reply to: #4182762

User image

Melon Presser
KansasMom - 2012-05-01 12:10 PM

Did a 30 minute swim workout this morning (before reading these posts). I did some pulling work and kicking drills. My legs were toast, but they are feeling great now. I'm excited to try the one armed drills tomorrow -- I've been watching video to get it down before trying it out myself. I've done a little of it before, but not for any length of time.

I was exhausted today. I came home from work at about 2:45, read a little, and then slept until 5:00. I wanted to try to get a short run in this evening, but I decided I was too tired. By the time I felt I had some energy, a thunderstorm was upon us -- it just let up about 20 minutes ago.

I need a bit of a rest, right? :-)

Thanks again to everyone who commented on my video. I have a week left with the indoor pool, then I hope by Memorial Day, the outside city pool will be open. They usually have scheduled lap swimming from noon to one, so I am going to have to adjust my training schedule a bit. But I'm also looking forward to being outside. But it means I'll probably have to go two or three weeks without swimming. Fortunately, my May 20th race is a duathlon.

Iditaprob update. No one ended up doing the Iditaprob on Friday. They started out, got a couple miles, and then the weather turned very nasty. Since my son finished his report on Friday, his teacher stopped us at church on Sunday, pulled him aside, and told him that if he turned it into her first thing this morning, she would let him ride the make-up bike ride.

He spent all Sunday evening telling me he didn't want to ride anyway, then just before bed, he confessed that he really did want to. So I got his bike ready, took him to school, and held my breath. He did turn in his paper, and was allowed to go on the ride -- he said they ended up going about 7 miles, and he had a blast.

Tuesday they are scheduled to go to the Salt Museum (underground, in a mine; it's super cool), if they are "eligible." He's already started in on me about how he doesn't want to go to the museum (which is true; he's afraid of going that far down into the ground -- I think it's 600 feet, and you have to carry one of those emergency oxygen packs that miners wear). I told him that was fine, but I didn't want him to sabotage his opportunity by purposefully missing an assignment. I wanted him to turn everything in, and if he doesn't want to go, just tell them that he doesn't want to go.

We'll see how it goes.

Sounds to me like you need and deserve a LOT of rest life does have a way of giving it to us when we ought to have it!

Very happy to hear about your son and that at least a bit of Iditaprob got done. I really get how you FELT terrible beforehand ... but feeling it doesn't make you terrible ... (but you know that, now, especially in hindsight) just proof positive of what an involved, caring mother you are!

Your kids sound a lot like siblings and me ... my folks held my bro back in school as much as humanly possible, but he still went to college at 16 (having already earned a bunch of college credit) ... 16 in a foreign country (U.S.) by himself, late '70s = lots of trouble. So my folks made sure my sis and I skipped NO grades (which was a good decision), but it did have the effect that we were very bored, refused to do any of what was to us very rudimentary schoolwork, and created busyness for ourselves by getting into LOTS of trouble ... we were both (all three, really) total juvenile delinquents. And I mean the booze and fighting kind ... lying was just breakfast and warmup

I can put a smiley there now ... truth is that even in college we were seriously underchallenged (and by that time made ourselves quite maladjusted as well) and all of us got kicked out of at least one college. However, once we found a challenging and interesting path ... all of us wound up graduating with honors, in honor societies (my brother was valedictorian at his university) and all of us went on to graduate study at prestigious universities as well. And, best of all ... people like us. Most of the time

2012-05-01 6:42 AM
in reply to: #4182916

User image

Master
Orlando
TriAya - 2012-05-01 6:14 AM

Like other things I've posted frequently about in the main forum and can't remember why I haven't posted here, this is one of them. (Except that this is the most important.) Therefore, it is definitely NOT about any particular Manatee or group of people on the forums. I see it all the time, which is one of the reasons I'm posting here. And I'm pointing it out particularly because of the very serious ramifications I've personally seen, and others have tragically experienced. This is, literally, a life and death issue.

This is a collation of things I've posted in Tri Talk as well as quoted from others. Please follow the links if you want to read or understand more about why.
---
Breath control drills are to be used with great caution, and in my opinion, with newer swimmers, not at all.

I see these in a lot of swim workouts, and a lot of people are doing them and asking questions about them.

Breath control is an important swim skill. Advanced swimmers can easily breathe every 3, 4, 5 whatever strokes.

I think actually breathing every 4 or more strokes is a TERRIBLE and DANGEROUS way to teach or practice breath control in novice to intermediate swimmers, and I am leery if allowing of its (minimal) use with advanced swimmers. Breathing 4+ for novice/intermediate is also a really good way to screw up your stroke form. (I also see that in advanced swimmers, btw).

Open water swimming is an ENDURANCE, primarily AEROBIC endeavour. You need air. Get it.

Link to the most recent thread I posted about this: http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=436621&start=1

---
From Suzanne (AdventureBear), a leading coach for Total Immersion as well as a triathlon coach: "People have died doing these drills. There is no physiologic benefit from doing them ... If you want to swim uninterupted without worrying about breathing, use a snorkel ...

A far, far better solution is to have someone work with you to learn how to breath properly. The number of strokes you take per breath is irrelevant. There is no right number. YOU need what you need. The body's need for oxygen consumption and getting rid of carbon dioxide is dependent upon how much energy you are using and in what form you are using it (aerobic/anaerbic, etc). When I start my swim warmup, I will frequently swim 7 to 9 strokes without breathing only because I am swimming smoothly, I have not gotten my oxygen consumption up by working hard, I am not generating a lot of waste products due to the low effort. When I have the urge to breath, I breath. When I am doing long endurance sprints, I may breath every 2 strokes. When I am rested and doing a single 25 yard sprint, yes, I can do it with no breaths. But not because I am forcing myself to do it. It is because 15-20 seconds of maximum effort requires little oxygen.

A novice swimmmer who uses all the energy they have just to stay on the surface of the water will need to breath every stroke because of the amount of energy they are using."

http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=64082&start=1

Thanks for this information.  My coach has us do breath control drills on a fairly regular basis; usually 3,5,7 with the occasional 9 thrown in for good measure.  I never do the 9 and during the 7s I sometimes make it to 7 sometimes i stop at 5.  Basically, I breath as I feel I need to.  Even on the 5s I often don't make it to that number before breathing.  This post makes me feel better about my behavior   To be fair, the coach doesn't give me a hard time about my shorting the bc.

On a different swim note, last night I worked on getting my elbows high as outlined in Sheila T's book.  OMG!  I felt a difference immediately.  I also felt that I was way out of shape - even on sets where I was just cruising my heart was beating like crazy.  However, I really, for the first time felt the water and believe I was faster even with the lack of fitness in those newly used muscles.  I can't wait to see what happens when those muscles get fit.  I'm very encouraged by this, but also a little angry with myself because the coach has told me about getting my elbows high etc., but for some reason his explanation didn't click for me and I didn't process how important doing it is to fast swimming.  My lats are a bit tired today, but what a good tired!

Finally, Yanti stop messing around and get proper treatment! 

2012-05-01 7:15 AM
in reply to: #4182762

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida
KansasMom - 2012-05-01 12:10 AM

...Iditaprob update. No one ended up doing the Iditaprob on Friday. They started out, got a couple miles, and then the weather turned very nasty. Since my son finished his report on Friday, his teacher stopped us at church on Sunday, pulled him aside, and told him that if he turned it into her first thing this morning, she would let him ride the make-up bike ride.

We'll see how it goes.

Felicia, it sounds like he may be conflicted, between what he wants to do and what scares him. The "sabotage" discussion should help him a bunch. The Salt Museum sounds cool, I hope he can face his fear.
2012-05-01 7:25 AM
in reply to: #4182964

User image

Melon Presser
amd723 - 2012-05-01 7:42 PM
TriAya - 2012-05-01 6:14 AM

---

---

Thanks for this information.  My coach has us do breath control drills on a fairly regular basis; usually 3,5,7 with the occasional 9 thrown in for good measure.  I never do the 9 and during the 7s I sometimes make it to 7 sometimes i stop at 5.  Basically, I breath as I feel I need to.  Even on the 5s I often don't make it to that number before breathing.  This post makes me feel better about my behavior   To be fair, the coach doesn't give me a hard time about my shorting the bc.

On a different swim note, last night I worked on getting my elbows high as outlined in Sheila T's book.  OMG!  I felt a difference immediately.  I also felt that I was way out of shape - even on sets where I was just cruising my heart was beating like crazy.  However, I really, for the first time felt the water and believe I was faster even with the lack of fitness in those newly used muscles.  I can't wait to see what happens when those muscles get fit.  I'm very encouraged by this, but also a little angry with myself because the coach has told me about getting my elbows high etc., but for some reason his explanation didn't click for me and I didn't process how important doing it is to fast swimming.  My lats are a bit tired today, but what a good tired!

Finally, Yanti stop messing around and get proper treatment! 

Ha, tell him you have a lung condition which requires oxygen ... it's true

If it makes you feel any better, the day after working with Sheila (admittedly it was several hours, but still, just DRILLS and dryland swim cords) I was curled up in a ball from sore lats and abs ...

And this from someone who had been swimming every day, regular long swims of 11-12K and up to 15K ...

So yeah, good on you for doing it, and yes, it is tough but OH SO REWARDING to find, use, and build that strength you never knew existed.

What I like about Sheila, and most of all her book, is that she makes it easy to focus on ONE THING and that thing being what is likely to make you stronger and fastest the fastest way.

2012-05-01 7:26 AM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida
Today is a bike day, a short one at that. And then pool time this evening, I may give one arm drills a try, although I am a bit trepidatious about them.

I just have to say, again, that I am grateful for the support and kindness shown here by everyone and for everyone. And not just in this group, but across BT in general. It has really helped me in my personal transition to a more active lifestyle.

Enjoy whatever your day may have in store for you
2012-05-01 7:37 AM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area
jogo - 2012-04-30 7:57 PM

Just got home.

CONQUERED!!  They said that this year was the worst wind conditions ever 35-50mph.  Wind + hills + weird and stressful training cyle = PR!!!!! 5:40:23 (5:41 as my previous PR on a flat Detroit course in 2006)

Woo hoo!  Great job!  Smile

Happy dance!

2012-05-01 7:57 AM

User image

Melon Presser

Ah, Janyne ... very sorry to hear about your rash. Any ring-shaped weirdness tends to get suspected as Lyme's, better to than not ... did it also have the classic red target in the middle?

I am really hoping it turns out to be ringworm or something else ...

2012-05-01 8:13 AM

User image

Melon Presser
jogo - 2012-05-01 7:57 AM

Just got home.

You. Are. INCREDIBLE!!!! Such a tough course, such tough conditions, so much stress going in and suboptimal training ... but YOU WERE TOUGHER!!!! SUUUUUUPER PR! Very envious, that one has been on my bucket list for a long time.

CONGRATULATIONS JO!

2012-05-01 8:32 AM
in reply to: #4183126

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area
TriAya - 2012-05-01 8:57 AM

Ah, Janyne ... very sorry to hear about your rash. Any ring-shaped weirdness tends to get suspected as Lyme's, better to than not ... did it also have the classic red target in the middle?

Well, there is no good test for Lyme disease (apparently it takes forever to grow in a dish and you don't get the antibodies in your blood until late in the progression).   That means antibiotics for me. 

No itching or scaling.  Does not look like ringworm.

2012-05-01 8:38 AM
in reply to: #4183051

User image

Extreme Veteran

cdban66 - 2012-05-01 8:26 AM Today is a bike day, a short one at that. And then pool time this evening, I may give one arm drills a try, although I am a bit trepidatious about them. I just have to say, again, that I am grateful for the support and kindness shown here by everyone and for everyone. And not just in this group, but across BT in general. It has really helped me in my personal transition to a more active lifestyle. Enjoy whatever your day may have in store for you

The best part about doing these drills (and most anything else in the sport of triathlon) is that you can do it at your own pace Smile When I first started with singe arm drills, I had soooo much trouble staying afloat when stroking only with my left arm, and every time I took a breath I would sink down into the water and, from time to time, take half the pool up my nose!  But I can tell my stroke is improving because I can generally manage a left arm for the whole 25m without inhaling any water.  If you can only do half a lap with the singles, then so be it.  Eventually you will go the whole way.  And you will really get to feel your catch and focus on your technique for each arm.  Good luck!!

2012-05-01 8:41 AM
in reply to: #4183221

User image

Extreme Veteran
jmkizer - 2012-05-01 9:32 AM

Well, there is no good test for Lyme disease (apparently it takes forever to grow in a dish and you don't get the antibodies in your blood until late in the progression).   That means antibiotics for me. 

Is it just a pink blotch? Are there more than one blotch? If the antibiotics don't work, request a fungus cream! (ew, skin fungus. It still sounds so gross to me, and I have it!)

2012-05-01 8:45 AM

User image

England
ArielLIlB - 2012-05-01 2:28 AM

Today I had exactly 30 minutes between the end of the work day and an appointment. I could have gone home and shoveled some food in my face, or I could bang out a quick run.  I remembered Salty's advice, and I put on my sneakers to see what I would get.  What I got was a quick 2 mile run at an average 9:10 pace! The air was nice and crisp and I felt great! So happy I hit the pavement

I was scheduled for a bike ride tomorrow, but I"ve been foiled by rain again! And no trainer at my house, so....just an a.m. swim. Trying out a new master group, I"ll let you know how it goes!

Sweet

2012-05-01 8:47 AM
in reply to: #4183221

User image

Melon Presser
jmkizer - 2012-05-01 9:32 PM

Yep. That's why, sadly it's better to suspect Lyme's than not. Good luck with the antibiotics ... I really do feel for you, as you know.

2012-05-01 10:56 AM

User image

Pennsylvania
jogo - 2012-04-30 7:57 PM

Just got home.

GREAT job, wooooo hooooooooooooo!!!!

2012-05-01 10:57 AM

User image

Pennsylvania
ArielLIlB - 2012-04-30 9:28 PM

Nicely done, nothing quite like the feeling of doing a workout you weren't sure you were going to do and then nail it.

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Yanti & Salty MAD MANATEES Mentor Group - FULL POD Rss Feed  

of 81