BT Development Mentor Program Archives » LaurenSU02's group - CLOSED! Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 66

2008-08-06 1:50 PM
in reply to: #1585754

User image

Sensei
Sin City
Subject: RE: LaurenSU02's group - CLOSED!

Yo - I forgot, who just got the new P2C in our group?

I'M SOOO close to getting one.  I'm just scared to drop the money (like signing the dotted line for a house or car).  Guess I need to get over that!

2008-08-06 2:42 PM
in reply to: #1585794

User image

Austin, Texas or Jupiter, Florida

Aikidoman, I'm your Huckleberry with the new P2C.  I don't have another tri bike to measure it against, but I went from struggling on my roady to keep-up with my buddy to flying away from him on my Cervelo not even in the aeros.  Look at the website Lisa pointed out a while ago with the Michigan Bikesport review of the P2C and then look at the review of the $2500 range.  Pretty good articles. 

It was definitely an easy decision for me since I was going to buy a bike, my wife said o.k for that price-range, so I went with what I think was the best for the money.  It's really sweet and I get a ton of comments about it as I'm riding which is always important for cyclists to have a ride that is coveted right?  I think it makes a big difference off the bike as well.  Maybe it's the carbon or the geometry, but I run a lot better off that bike than after riding the road bike. 

Lauren, Tracy, Sorry for the "Bonking" Comment.  I guess I had a different definition of "Bonk" to mean when you just don't have the fuel to burn so you move at a very sluggish pace.  Not where you go into what sounds like some form of stroke or hypoglycemia which are never good things... 

2008-08-06 3:05 PM
in reply to: #1585794

Champion
South Jersey
Aikidoman - 2008-08-06 2:50 PM

Yo - I forgot, who just got the new P2C in our group?

I'M SOOO close to getting one.  I'm just scared to drop the money (like signing the dotted line for a house or car).  Guess I need to get over that!

LOL - I am the same way! GOOD LUCK!

2008-08-06 3:33 PM
in reply to: #1586057

User image

Aikidoman,

Another consideration for you since you have so many of the accoutrements from your existing bike, just get the frameset and install everything else.  I'm sure you have thought about that though.

I'll try to break away after I put Jacob to bed and take some pictures of mine and my setup.  I've had to jimmy some things to get them in the right spots (bottle cages, headlight, garmin).

2008-08-06 5:25 PM
in reply to: #1586171

User image

Sensei
Sin City
GomesBolt - 2008-08-06 1:33 PM

Aikidoman,

Another consideration for you since you have so many of the accoutrements from your existing bike, just get the frameset and install everything else.  I'm sure you have thought about that though.

I'll try to break away after I put Jacob to bed and take some pictures of mine and my setup.  I've had to jimmy some things to get them in the right spots (bottle cages, headlight, garmin).

Just was wondering if you got the DA or the Ultegra.....  Ultegra I guess if you spent $2500.

ANYWAY - did think about the frame edea but I got something else in mind for that!  I want the tri bike perfect with all new stuff, but I'm planning to strip down my current bike and buy a road frame to build a rodie up as a "side ride"....

Not sure if I'll do anything with the current frame.  Maybe turn it into some kind of fixed gear frank-n-bike....

2008-08-07 8:45 AM
in reply to: #1586495

User image

FRANK-N-BIKE!!! That, I would like to see.  The guy who owns the LBS that I bought my P2C from has a fixed-gear bike by the door that looks pretty sweet.  He rides it in the velodrome down in Ft Lauderdale.  I'd like to go check-out those guys sometime.  He says it's really good for sprint work.

I did get the Ultegra.  It's such a step-up from my Bianchi with OLD Champys so I have no complaints.  The color scheme didn't appeal to me as much as the DA version initially, but now, I like it a lot.  We put red bar-tape and a red elec tape on the seatpost to mark the height and now it looks like a different bike strangely.  The DA version is a sweet color scheme though.  And DAs really are nicer than Ultegras.  Someday maybe...

2008-08-07 1:04 PM
in reply to: #1354013

User image

Extreme Veteran
Toledo, Ohio

Hey guys, have a great weekend and good luck with your training and racing! I'm heading out to meet up with some of my family for a busy long weekend. Last summer trip before I get chained down with my teaching schedule

Looking forward to talking olympics next week!

2008-08-07 1:19 PM
in reply to: #1588110

Champion
South Jersey
shiggy - 2008-08-07 2:04 PM

Hey guys, have a great weekend and good luck with your training and racing! I'm heading out to meet up with some of my family for a busy long weekend. Last summer trip before I get chained down with my teaching schedule

Looking forward to talking olympics next week!

I didn't know you are a teacher. Have a great weekend !

2008-08-07 3:31 PM
in reply to: #1588131

User image

She's a college teacher.  Not a full professor, whatever's just below I think.

I answered for her since she's gone on her merry way.

Quite a light day on the board today.  Guess it'll pick-up with the rousing discussions about rythmic gymnastics and handball next week.

2008-08-08 7:23 AM
in reply to: #1588484

Champion
South Jersey
GomesBolt - 2008-08-07 4:31 PM

Quite a light day on the board today.  Guess it'll pick-up with the rousing discussions about rythmic gymnastics and handball next week.

Yeah. I've been half asleep all week, so my contributions to any discussions on BT have been rather lame. I'm feeling a little better today; hopefully, I'll be back to normal by Monday.

2008-08-08 8:18 AM
in reply to: #1589412

User image

LaurenSU02 - 2008-08-08 8:23 AM
GomesBolt - 2008-08-07 4:31 PM

Yeah. I've been half asleep all week, so my contributions to any discussions on BT have been rather lame. I'm feeling a little better today; hopefully, I'll be back to normal by Monday.

I hope you feel better too.  I'm sorry you're hurting.  But even more sorry that your dentist is a jerkus and doesn't realize that if you can finish an Ironman, you know pain and you aren't just being sensitive.  What a jerkus.  I hope he gets a really nasty toe infection and some podiatrist gives him antibiotics...

2008-08-08 8:24 AM

User image

Master
Olney, MD

Good morning guys!

Ugh.... sorry you're still hurting Lauren   Hopefully the meds they gave you will help!

Matt -- how is the hair situation??  Almost ready for mohawking??

2008-08-08 9:24 AM
in reply to: #1589501

User image

It ain't going to be like a full-on spiked mohawk, but it is funny how just growing my hair for a week and then shaving the mohawk gets a good chuckle out of people.

There's a pre-race briefing tonight that is "mandatory" for all first time Loggerhead Triathletes.  I guess it's geared for first timer, first timers, but my swim coach is running it so he asked if I could come and he planted some questions for me to ask.  "Do I really have to wear a swimcap? Why can't I draft? Can I toss my bottle off the course during the bike like they do in the Tour de France?"  Pretty funny.

2008-08-08 9:54 AM
in reply to: #1589655

Champion
South Jersey
GomesBolt - 2008-08-08 10:24 AM

It ain't going to be like a full-on spiked mohawk, but it is funny how just growing my hair for a week and then shaving the mohawk gets a good chuckle out of people.

There's a pre-race briefing tonight that is "mandatory" for all first time Loggerhead Triathletes.  I guess it's geared for first timer, first timers, but my swim coach is running it so he asked if I could come and he planted some questions for me to ask.  "Do I really have to wear a swimcap? Why can't I draft? Can I toss my bottle off the course during the bike like they do in the Tour de France?"  Pretty funny.

Haha. It's like when politicians plant people in the crowd at town-hall meetings. Enjoy!

2008-08-08 2:30 PM
in reply to: #1589767

User image

Well, I'm going to try to escape from the office right now.  I hope you guys have a great weekend! Enjoy watching the olympics.  I will get some pics of myself, my bike, probably my kids as well all to post on Monday.

Badminton starts tomorrow!!!

2008-08-08 3:23 PM
in reply to: #1590777

Champion
South Jersey

I know! I'm going out of town for the day tomorrow and was bummed I'll be missing the first day of badminton action .

Have a great weekend !

2008-08-09 9:26 PM

User image

Expert
WA

so what did everyone thing of the opening ceremonies?  i thought it was INSANE.  but very cool.

i just watched phelps do his thang.  it was awesome!!!   

2008-08-10 9:28 AM
in reply to: #1592499

Champion
South Jersey

Yeah, the Opening Ceremony was absolutely crazy! I thought it was awesome. Really over the top, but the stuff they did was awesome. I don't know how the choreographed all those drummers to do that, simply amazing. And when they had those blocks moving up and down and it looked mechanical, and then at the end all the people underneath popped out and started cheering. So cool. And, the people with the costumes that lit up and they made that bird and then the birds nest. It was soooo cool. Unfortunately, I fell asleep before the USA came out in the parade of nations.

I also fell asleep last night during beach volleyball, but managed to wake up just as Michael Phelps' race started. Not sure how that happened. So great to see him capture gold medal #1.

2008-08-10 6:55 PM

User image

Regular
Columbus , OH
Hey everyone.  I'm quite exhausted so I'm not going to do a "race" report yet.  I tried uploading my garmin info, but I guess it was too much for BT to take.  I put the general info in for now so go ahead and check it out.  I put it on just Thursdays since that was the "race" day.  The actual days were 77 miles, 100 miles, 65 miles, 85 miles.  I'll let you know when I get around to writing up about it.
2008-08-11 9:51 AM
in reply to: #1593115

Champion
South Jersey

dlswimmer - 2008-08-10 7:55 PM Hey everyone.  I'm quite exhausted so I'm not going to do a "race" report yet.  I tried uploading my garmin info, but I guess it was too much for BT to take.  I put the general info in for now so go ahead and check it out.  I put it on just Thursdays since that was the "race" day.  The actual days were 77 miles, 100 miles, 65 miles, 85 miles.  I'll let you know when I get around to writing up about it.

WOW!! That's a crazy amount of riding!!! GREAT WORK for finishing !

2008-08-11 9:54 AM

User image

Expert
WA

congrats david, that is QUITE an accomplishment!!!!  very impressive!!!!

did anyone else catch the men's 4x100 free final last night?  that was INSANE!!!!!  so much for the french claiming that they are going to "smash" the Americans.  i'm not a french-hater like some people are, but i am still feeling a sense of schadenfreude towards them...if you are going to trash talk like that you have to back it up baby!  USA!!!  

2008-08-11 10:46 AM
in reply to: #1594011

Champion
South Jersey
lisazapato - 2008-08-11 10:54 AM

did anyone else catch the men's 4x100 free final last night?  that was INSANE!!!!!  so much for the french claiming that they are going to "smash" the Americans.  i'm not a french-hater like some people are, but i am still feeling a sense of schadenfreude towards them...if you are going to trash talk like that you have to back it up baby!  USA!!!  

I fell asleep and missed it ! Grr.

2008-08-11 11:31 AM
in reply to: #1592670

User image

Sensei
Sin City
LaurenSU02 - 2008-08-10 7:28 AM

Yeah, the Opening Ceremony was absolutely crazy! I thought it was awesome. Really over the top, but the stuff they did was awesome. I don't know how the choreographed all those drummers to do that, simply amazing. And when they had those blocks moving up and down and it looked mechanical, and then at the end all the people underneath popped out and started cheering. So cool. And, the people with the costumes that lit up and they made that bird and then the birds nest. It was soooo cool. Unfortunately, I fell asleep before the USA came out in the parade of nations.

I also fell asleep last night during beach volleyball, but managed to wake up just as Michael Phelps' race started. Not sure how that happened. So great to see him capture gold medal #1.

I DVRed it....  Spectacular... 

2008-08-11 11:33 AM
in reply to: #1594011

User image

Sensei
Sin City
lisazapato - 2008-08-11 7:54 AM

congrats david, that is QUITE an accomplishment!!!!  very impressive!!!!

I should have it saved...  There is so much coverage on, I'm running out of space quicly!  I almost missed the cycling on day one.  (I LOVE watching cycling).  Caught some of the beach volleyball, the men's opening round of gymnastics, and lots of swimming...

2008-08-11 11:34 AM

User image

Sensei
Sin City

dlswimmer - 2008-08-10 4:55 PM Hey everyone.  I'm quite exhausted so I'm not going to do a "race" report yet.  I tried uploading my garmin info, but I guess it was too much for BT to take.  I put the general info in for now so go ahead and check it out.  I put it on just Thursdays since that was the "race" day.  The actual days were 77 miles, 100 miles, 65 miles, 85 miles.  I'll let you know when I get around to writing up about it.

Nice work!  I guess I'm not going to complain about my recent bike overload anymore....

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » LaurenSU02's group - CLOSED! Rss Feed  

of 66