BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Manatee Mentors 2014 v.2 thread2 CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes?) Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply
CLOSED

of 103

2014-08-01 2:33 PM
in reply to: rrrunner

User image

Melon Presser
Subject: RE: Manatee Mentors 2 CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes?)

Originally posted by rrrunner

Originally posted by IndoIronYanti

Originally posted by laffinrock

Originally posted by cdban66

In Yanti's log today is the term "Bless her heart".  I nearly shot water out of my nose.

Love that phrase.  It always seems like it's used in the context of "S/he does the best s/he can but utterly fails, bless her/his heart."

I'm still posting at 2am because Bless-Her-Heart decided it was time to get up and dressed and start clamoring around the kitchen for breakfast.

Of course, I start thinking about breakfast already around dinner time ...

She got a cookie and some sugary milky decaf tea and got sent back to bed.

I fully admit that while I'm on Mutti-watch (I posted this on FB) I'm pretty much letting us, errr I mean her eat whatever she wants, off disposable plates and cutlery. Seriously, that lady can get in a heap of trouble if you turn your back for ONE MINUTE to do the dishes.

Hm. Now who does this remind me of ...

I'm glad you are there to take care of her with such patience and love

I dunno about the patience part, but there is always a lotta love and laughter!

2014-08-01 2:35 PM
in reply to: Asalzwed

User image

Master

Originally posted by Asalzwed

Oh and here I am on the mild, planned slide...just imagine the unplanned HAHA! 

Nice! Now that's a play spot to remember

There's a state park near Sedona with a section of slick called Slide Rock. Sadly, people contaminate it so badly that they close it quite often to clear it out. E. Coli levels get pretty high, so we haven't even tried to take the kids

2014-08-01 2:39 PM

User image

Master

GO NYNY!!!
GO TEEJ!!!
GO FOXAY!!!
GO RANDEETEE!!!

Disabled List: sigh. Get off this lawn

AGREED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In addition to the TT on Sunday with DS2 I am doing a race simulation with my training group tomorrow. We will do a swim, shortened bike and shortened run, twice. Then go to Coach's house for pancakes

Yummy!!  Real maple syrup is a great supplement to those, and be sure to eat some bacon!

I signed up to bring fruit, maybe I should've said syrup because I'm a bit of a syrup snob. No fake stuff at my house! Also, Coach said he doesn't drink coffee and to bring our own. Which, of course, means a SBux stop, but I'm not sure I can continue to work with this man

This does not compute.

Sounds like a great morning, though!

2014-08-01 2:40 PM
in reply to: ponderingfox

User image

Master
Subject: RE: Manatee Mentors 2014 v.2 thread2 CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes?)

Originally posted by ponderingfox

This will be my first Olympic, so I'm really looking forward to it.  I'd love to break the 2:30 mark, but we'll see how it goes.  The bike course is pretty hilly.  The 10k is pretty flat and is a double out and back.

Oooooooooh! Good luck

Neon, right?

2014-08-01 2:48 PM
in reply to: IndoIronYanti

User image

Denver, CO

Originally posted by cdban66

In Yanti's log today is the term "Bless her heart".  I nearly shot water out of my nose.

Love that phrase.  It always seems like it's used in the context of "S/he does the best s/he can but utterly fails, bless her/his heart."

I'm still posting at 2am because Bless-Her-Heart decided it was time to get up and dressed and start clamoring around the kitchen for breakfast.

Of course, I start thinking about breakfast already around dinner time ...

She got a cookie and some sugary milky decaf tea and got sent back to bed.

I fully admit that while I'm on Mutti-watch (I posted this on FB) I'm pretty much letting us, errr I mean her eat whatever she wants, off disposable plates and cutlery. Seriously, that lady can get in a heap of trouble if you turn your back for ONE MINUTE to do the dishes.

Hm. Now who does this remind me of ...

I'm glad you are there to take care of her with such patience and love

I dunno about the patience part, but there is always a lotta love and laughter!

Awww, bless your heart.  Seriously, she's lucky to have such a wonderful, caring daughter.  At least she's eating and the disposables make total sense.  It's a hard enough job as it is, so there's no point in making it harder if you can avoid it.

2014-08-01 2:53 PM
in reply to: 4agoodlife

User image

Master

Poor Jason got home late last night, and we had to do catching up on the week. So the alarm went off at 5 for our ride...and after 13min I dragged myself out of bed. Then he endured me while I stood there with my hands on hips "discussing" if we were going (sitter scheduled for 5:30 lol) Finally got out of the house at 6. Was sprinkling when we left, but just kept a nice cloud cover all morning. Ended up doing 27mi all over Tempe instead of Beeline, but we just didn't trust weekday traffic or rain holding out.

On way home we stopped at Performance "for tubes". Riiiiight. I left with LG bike shorts, a sleeveless bike jersey, and a pair of Tifosis. All on sale! Woooot

2014-08-01 2:55 PM

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Originally posted by 4agoodlife

GO NYNY!!!
GO TEEJ!!!
GO FOXAY!!!
GO RANDEETEE!!!

AGREED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In addition to the TT on Sunday with DS2 I am doing a race simulation with my training group tomorrow. We will do a swim, shortened bike and shortened run, twice. Then go to Coach's house for pancakes

Yummy!!  Real maple syrup is a great supplement to those, and be sure to eat some bacon!

I signed up to bring fruit, maybe I should've said syrup because I'm a bit of a syrup snob. No fake stuff at my house! Also, Coach said he doesn't drink coffee and to bring our own. Which, of course, means a SBux stop, but I'm not sure I can continue to work with this man

This does not compute.

Yeahhhhh...  he's also a Cowboys fan. Not sure I can work with him if we don't see eye to eye on the importants stuff

2014-08-01 3:06 PM
in reply to: jmkizer

User image

Master

Originally posted by jmkizer

Racing Manatees!

A listing of Manatee Races, Rides and Runs and other events
====

August 2-3
Janyne - Lake Logan Half on Saturday
TJ - Algodones Time Trial Series #3 on Sunday
Tom - HFP Armco Park Olympic on Sunday
Randee - Greenfield Lightlife Triathlon - International Course on Sunday
Kate - Tri For Real Triathlon on Synday

Disabled List
Monica - knee 
Ann-Marie - hip (improving)
Chris - hamstring (improving)

GooooooooooManatees!

(it was meant to be...check out his helmet)

And for the DLers-

2014-08-01 3:09 PM

User image

Master

GO NYNY!!!
GO TEEJ!!!
GO FOXAY!!!
GO RANDEETEE!!!

AGREED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This does not compute.

Yeahhhhh...  he's also a Cowboys fan. Not sure I can work with him if we don't see eye to eye on the importants stuff

Ooooooooh no, no, no! Are you done before the season starts?

2014-08-01 3:20 PM

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

GO NYNY!!!
GO TEEJ!!!
GO FOXAY!!!
GO RANDEETEE!!!

AGREED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This does not compute.

Cutting it close... September. Buuuut he's talking about another group and mentioned having company for his long rides for IMAZ.

2014-08-01 3:23 PM

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Poor Jason got home late last night, and we had to do catching up on the week. So the alarm went off at 5 for our ride...and after 13min I dragged myself out of bed. Then he endured me while I stood there with my hands on hips "discussing" if we were going (sitter scheduled for 5:30 lol) Finally got out of the house at 6. Was sprinkling when we left, but just kept a nice cloud cover all morning. Ended up doing 27mi all over Tempe instead of Beeline, but we just didn't trust weekday traffic or rain holding out.

On way home we stopped at Performance "for tubes". Riiiiight. I left with LG bike shorts, a sleeveless bike jersey, and a pair of Tifosis. All on sale! Woooot

Yay for you getting up and going on the ride. The goodies from the bike store are your reward! I couldn't get up this morning so I'm hoping for a cool afternoon run.

2014-08-01 4:01 PM

User image

Denver, CO

Kudos to you for your morning ride and nice haul!! I am SO not a morning exerciser.  I always make quite the production of getting out the door on weekends if I'm going to do anything.  I'm sure it takes me at least an hour!!  I'd much rather go late at night than early in the morning, hence the 10 p.m. run last Friday night.  Granted, I just have fur kids so I don't have to deal with babysitter logistics.

2014-08-01 8:01 PM
in reply to: laffinrock

User image

Veteran
Western Australia

Granted, I just have fur kids so I don't have to deal with babysitter logistics.

Sometimes I think my fur kids need a sitter more than some human kids do. With the amount of stuff that gets "relocated" when they are home alone.
2014-08-01 9:25 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Master

GO NYNY!!!
GO TEEJ!!!
GO FOXAY!!!
GO RANDEETEE!!!

AGREED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This does not compute.

Cutting it close... September. Buuuut he's talking about another group and mentioned having company for his long rides for IMAZ.

And I was thinking you're toughest decision would be whether or not IMAZ next year.

Did you get in that cool run?

Edited by 4agoodlife 2014-08-01 9:26 PM
2014-08-01 9:34 PM

User image

Master

Kudos to you for your morning ride and nice haul!! I am SO not a morning exerciser.  I always make quite the production of getting out the door on weekends if I'm going to do anything.  I'm sure it takes me at least an hour!!  I'd much rather go late at night than early in the morning, hence the 10 p.m. run last Friday night.  Granted, I just have fur kids so I don't have to deal with babysitter logistics.

Thanks! Yeah, not much of a morning person either...except for weekend rides/runs. Those seem so much more worth getting up to do. Might have something to do with spending time with J and coffee

Speaking of fur kids...I came home after the ride to dirt covering the back patio from one side to the other and a very muddy, guilty looking 100lb pooch. The other three just tracked it into the house when I opened the door. grrrrr...

2014-08-02 11:58 AM

User image

Veteran
Austin, Texas

Yikes - one small move and I'm not just pages BUT A WHOLE THREAD behind!

Just unpacked computer and using work puck for connectivity - Time Warner will be coming NEXT Saturday (so speedy).    I have some catching up to do, but I'm still around (if barely).

First day of work at new gig yesterday - I think I'm going to LOVE it!  And the people here are.. what's it that they call it?  Ummmm… Oh yeah, nice.    

We even went toobing (yep, that's how it's spelled!) down the Guadalupe River with the kids - was awesome!

OK - going for my first, quick run as a Texan, then back to unpacking boxes.  Dogs arrive Monday, too!!  WOOT!

Race well!  Heal up!  Be awesome!!

Matt

2014-08-02 1:16 PM

User image

Veteran
Cleveland, Tennessee

Just figured out some fun dates for me. About 6 weeks from leaving Afghanistan, 12 weeks from B2B, and 20 weeks from my 50 miler.

My feet are doing better. The plantar faciatis is doing better, only some minor pain when in work boots, otherwise good. My other foot pain is largely subsiding, I have not had any issues this week from biking.

Added 2 more races to the schedule over the next 6 weeks. Both are "5k's" actual 3.5 miles. August 8th CSM Griffin Remembrance 5k and August 27 "Never Quit" 5k.

I hope everyone had a great weekend.

2014-08-02 2:24 PM
in reply to: StaceyK

User image

Denver, CO

Originally posted by StaceyK

Granted, I just have fur kids so I don't have to deal with babysitter logistics.

Sometimes I think my fur kids need a sitter more than some human kids do. With the amount of stuff that gets "relocated" when they are home alone.

Well, there is that.  We have a pet gate that keeps the noise factor down because the barky one can't see the backyard squirrels and she can't pull the clean towels off the bathroom shelf.  She likes to drag a towel into the hallway and roll on it, darn dog.  Unfortunately, the other dog fits through the cat door (don't imagine you have that problem...) so it doesn't slow him down.  He "helps take out the trash."  Too bad it never makes it into a bag or to the actual outdoor trashcan until we take it there.  They also both like to speed up the recycling.  Last week, we forgot to close the door to the room with the recycling bin and came home to find it strewn all over - 4 times.  Evidently, we're a little slower to learn than they are.  There's now a post-it note by the front door with a reminder to close that door!!

2014-08-02 2:29 PM

User image

Denver, CO

Matt and Jonathan TN, so much good news from both of you!

Matt, aside from the cable thing, Austin seems to be treating you much better than it's been treating Monica.  Maybe you could send her some of your "this move was the right thing" vibe.  Toobing - the best!

Jonathan, what a relief that your feet are feeling better.  It sure makes all the difference to be able to walk with little or no pain, doesn't it?  How exciting that you'll be coming home soon and have all those races to look forward to!!

2014-08-02 4:20 PM

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM
Back to Chris' retirement plan... I just talked to a guy at the LBS who'd ridden (driven?) this to the LBS. It weighs 150# and has engine assist.

(image.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
image.jpg (2782KB - 6 downloads)
2014-08-03 7:07 AM

User image

Regular
Caerphilly, Wales, uk.
Anyone else having difficulties uploading to Strava today?

2014-08-03 8:27 AM
in reply to: Richardsdrr

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by Richardsdrr Anyone else having difficulties uploading to Strava today?

yes.  it looks like it uploads, but it isn't .

2014-08-03 9:18 AM
in reply to: Asalzwed

Master
Northern IL

Originally posted by Asalzwed

Oh and here I am on the mild, planned slide...just imagine the unplanned HAHA! 

Very cool Adrienne! Reminds me of chaperoning kids on an outdoor trip we used to take to southern Missouri. A place called Johnson's Shut-Ins had slides like this, but nowhere near as long as what you're seeing!

2014-08-03 11:36 AM

User image

Veteran
Dayton

This will be my first Olympic, so I'm really looking forward to it.  I'd love to break the 2:30 mark, but we'll see how it goes.  The bike course is pretty hilly.  The 10k is pretty flat and is a double out and back.

Oooooooooh! Good luck

Neon, right?

You know it.

The race went well for it being my first Olympic.  I don't have AG and OA breakdowns yet, but the swim was decent (I haven't swum much in six weeks, need to get back on that), the bike was OK, and the run was kinda tough.  Definitely had to grind through the run (it got shortened to 8K for some reason.  But I did it in 2:28:49!  I'll take my shortened run sub-2:30.  Looks like I was 22 OA (not sure of how many yet).

By the way, I love meeting people at races.  Shooting the breeze in transition, or before the swim, and then looking for them on the race course.  The double out and back run was very conducive to talking to people multiple times.  Gotta love it.

Now I'm left with strange cravings for... pickles and green olives.

2014-08-03 11:48 AM
in reply to: ponderingfox

User image

Melon Presser

Oooooooooh! Good luck

Neon, right?

You know it.

The race went well for it being my first Olympic.  I don't have AG and OA breakdowns yet, but the swim was decent (I haven't swum much in six weeks, need to get back on that), the bike was OK, and the run was kinda tough.  Definitely had to grind through the run (it got shortened to 8K for some reason.  But I did it in 2:28:49!  I'll take my shortened run sub-2:30.  Looks like I was 22 OA (not sure of how many yet).

By the way, I love meeting people at races.  Shooting the breeze in transition, or before the swim, and then looking for them on the race course.  The double out and back run was very conducive to talking to people multiple times.  Gotta love it.

Now I'm left with strange cravings for... pickles and green olives.

Congratulations! When's the due date?

Super job, OLY TRIATHLETE

New Thread
CLOSED
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Manatee Mentors 2014 v.2 thread2 CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes?) Rss Feed  

of 103

RELATED POSTS

Funked Up Triathletes - Season 2 - Olympic/Sprint Focus - Closed Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27

Started by funkj25
Views: 44499 Posts: 669

2018-01-16 11:34 PM aviatrix802

Baowolf's Fun In the Sun Mentor Group (OPEN) Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30

Started by Baowolf
Views: 38695 Posts: 743

2015-03-16 2:42 AM scubabrad02

Manatee Monkey Mentors SHUT (Poptart or pet pic bribes considered) Pages: 1 ... 97 98 99 100

Started by IndoIronYanti
Views: 74167 Posts: 2488

2014-07-30 9:43 AM IndoIronYanti

Slornow and Wannabefaster's Summer Group-CLOSED Pages: 1 ... 51 52 53 54

Started by slornow
Views: 51632 Posts: 1331

2014-12-18 10:15 PM wannabefaster

Todd's Tri Turtles 3 (Beginner, Sprint, 5K, 10K) Basically Closed Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23

Started by Hunting Triathlete
Views: 26854 Posts: 569

2014-12-14 7:18 PM cassowary
RELATED ARTICLES
date : January 29, 2013
author : Scott Tinley
comments : 0
There are races to prepare for and health to be found and a lot of adventure and release to be sought in the oceans of the world.

date : February 6, 2010
author : EndurancePlanet
Coming off of a tibial stress fracture in 2000, stevebradley made his way into triathlon. Now he has over 60 triathlons completed and is one of the most active mentor groups on BT.
date : July 15, 2009
author : EndurancePlanet
Not only is he a great athlete, he is a great mentor. I have been in his mentor group for the last two rounds and he inspires and encourages our entire group daily.

date : April 23, 2009
author : Team BT
comments : 1
The closed fist drill will ensure that you are pulling with your entire hand and forearm.
date : February 19, 2007
author : Terese Luikens
Find a mentor. Make a list of at least three people that you could approach for help, list your specific needs and then be courageous enough to begin asking.