BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Trishie's Tri Chicks - CLOSED! Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 12

2010-01-22 8:54 AM
in reply to: #2576738

User image

Veteran
Subject: RE: Trishie's Tri Chicks - CLOSED!
Maria, What do you do on campus? I am the Director of Residence Life. I have my hands full. LOL

I forgot to post about my upcoming races. Here is the upcoming schedule
1/31- Ocala Half Marathon
2/13- Sweetheat 12K
2/27- Cantrell 5K
3/6- Snickers Half Marathon
6/27- Irongirl Sprint TRI

LOL Yes it is true, I have nothing planned between march 6th and June 27th. I will most likely pick up some short distance road races in that time (5-10K). During that time I will also be doing a lot of open water swims with my group of tri friends. Just tons of prep time for the upcoming tri season. I have until Sept to train for the Half Iron so these early months will be a lot of skill work and base building.

2010-01-23 9:07 PM

User image

Pro
Burbs

Tania: that's very cool. I pity the guy who ever gets in your way If you have a chance to practice swimming in open water before your race (some races have practice swims), TAKE ADVANTAGE OF IT ! Your first OWS can be a little nerve wracking and if you can get in some practice first you'll be better off... and if you can't, well... you'll be okay. Sounds like the swimming is going better -- just keep getting in that pool and practicing !

Stef: OH!MY!GOD! I love that bike. She is a hottie and I love that you went with hot pink tape ! Just a heads up: it will get dirty ... but oh well, new tape is like $8. I went with white tape because it looked so good... until the second time I rode with it. ha! And a race in a couple of weeks --- how are you feeling? Is this your first HM?

Pamela: happy weekend You've got some big races coming up !

If you guys feel comfortable doing so, please PM me your mailing address (you can give me your work or home --- whichever you feel more comfortable w/) ...

2010-01-24 6:09 AM

User image

Expert
, North Carolina
Steph - I work in Human Resources as an analyst.

I "accidentally" got in a 57.5 mile HILLY bike loop yesterday!  It was supposed to be a 48 mile loop but my training partner took a wrong turn and I was just following along on auto pilot so that added more distance.  The hills were merciless.  I am SO thankful for a day of rest.

Trishie - I noticed your race log goes back to May of 2008. Is that when you started racing or just when you started logging?  I wondered how long you were training and racing prior to your IM.  What IM plan did you use and how long was the specific IM training.  I'm hoping to work towards IMFL in 2011.
2010-01-24 1:21 PM
in reply to: #2627931

User image

Regular
Santa Barbara, CA

STEF: My new bike is a 9.8 Trek Equinox WSD.

Woah...Stef...that is one beautiful bike!

Pamela Cool

Edited by sbtrichick 2010-01-24 1:30 PM
2010-01-24 1:41 PM
in reply to: #2627737

User image

Regular
Santa Barbara, CA
TRISHIE: What is everyone's first race of the season?

Have four sprints scheduled:

Race #1: VENTURA BREATH OF LIFE TRIATHLON
Importance: A Race B Race C Race
Date: JUN 27, 2010  Distance: SPRINT Overall Goal Time: 1:20
Have you done this race before? YES Year? 2009 Time? 1:33:39

Race #2: STRAWBERRY FIELDS SPRINT TRIATHLON IN OXNARD CA
Date: JUL 18, 2010 Distance: SPRINT Overall Goal Time: 1:30
Have you done this race before? YES Year? 2009 Time? 1:37:32

Race #3: SANTA BARBARA TRIATHLON, HOMETOWN RACE!
Date: AUG 29, 2010 Overall Goal Time: 59:00 MINS!
Have you done this race before? YES Year? 2009 Time? 1:03:44

Race #4: CARPINTERIA TRIATHLON
Date: SEP 27, 2010 Distance: SPRINT Overall Goal Time: 1:30
Have you done this race before? NO! Year? N/A Time? N/A

Pamela Cool
2010-01-24 6:24 PM
in reply to: #2631287

User image

Pro
Burbs
maria40nc - 2010-01-24 7:09 AM

Trishie - I noticed your race log goes back to May of 2008. Is that when you started racing or just when you started logging?  I wondered how long you were training and racing prior to your IM.  What IM plan did you use and how long was the specific IM training.  I'm hoping to work towards IMFL in 2011.

I started training for tris in May 2008 but I've been running marathons since 2005. .. so I was doing distance running for 4 years prior to IMCOZ and tris for 2 years prior to IMCOZ.

I used the BT Intermediate training program. It was a 20 week program and it was the perfect amount of training. Prior to that I trained for a HIM, took about a week off, and then started IM training. I know some people do 36 week training programs, but that would just burn me out. Toward the end of training I was so ready to just RACE !

2010-01-25 7:27 AM

Good morning everyone!!!! Been away for way to long.... going to try to make more time to get on here because reading through all of your messages is very inspirational and motivating.  I hope you all had a good weekend.  I tried to get as much training into this past weekend as I could which is typical for what I try to do every weekend.  I struggle more with the biking as I am on a bike indoors at our local YMCA and I am looking forward to the day when this OHIO weather breaks and I can finally be outdoors.  I haven't been on a bike outdoors in years.... not sure when it even was so of course I'm excited yet apprehensive.  As far as my first race I'm not sure yet... need to sit down and get my calendar out and see what other races I can do before Iron Girl in Atlanta in June.  Not sure how many there will be around here until maybe March.  There a several 5Ks I'd like to do again this year as last year as my first year participating in those and I enjoyed them.  Wondering if I could pull off a 10K with all this other training but just not sure about that!  Hope everyone has an awesome week!!!! Take care.
Tara
2010-01-25 8:36 AM

User image

Veteran
Trish- This will be my 9th Half Marathon. It was supposed to have been my 10th but I missed one two weeks ago because of the Funeral. SO I guess that will make Sinckers my 10th Half.

(Well actually it is 8th Half. I did one race that was longer than a half but shorter than a marathon so I just call it a half. it was actually a 16 mile "Fun Run" as part of  Marathon and 50K race series. LOL)

Well the guaranteed ship date for my bike is this Friday. I am hoping that it will get shipped by Wednesday because then that mean I get to help build it on Friday before I head out for the race. If not I will help build it some time next week.  Happy Dance here

Last week training went well. It is the first full week of Training I have had since mid November. Feels nice to be back to a full week of training. Totall last week I ran just under 19 miles, Biked 33 miles, 1 Spin Class, 2 swim workouts and some abs.

Goal of this week is to take it easy for this weekends race. Numbers wise:
- 3 Swims (Mon, Wed, Fri)
- 3 Easy Runs (Mon, Tues, Thurs- Likely all less than 1.5 - 2 miles each)
- Maybe 1 spinning class (That is a big maybe but most likely not in order to save the legs)
- 2 Abs sessions
- Half Marathon on Sunday
- Possible 5K on Saturday (Not racing it, Just running it super easy with my Stepmom and Mom who are run/walking it. Think 14-15min pace)

Wow that sounds like a lot more than it really is.
2010-01-25 9:00 AM

Stefanie.... Good luck with your race this weekend..... Did you end up getting signed up for the Iron Girl in Atlanta.... I recently found out it is sold out but am thankful we did get signed up for it!  So excited and nervous all at the same time.  Considering a few races to do beforehand to see how it goes.  Have a great week!
Tara
2010-01-25 10:41 AM
in reply to: #2632894

User image

Pro
Burbs
ohiotrigirl - 2010-01-25 10:00 AM Stefanie.... Good luck with your race this weekend..... Did you end up getting signed up for the Iron Girl in Atlanta.... I recently found out it is sold out but am thankful we did get signed up for it!  So excited and nervous all at the same time.  Considering a few races to do beforehand to see how it goes.  Have a great week!
Tara

Hey Tara --- good to see you !! You will love the IG - it's a great race
2010-01-25 2:10 PM

User image

Veteran
Tara, I did get registered! One of my girlfriend's and I registered on the evening of New Years eve before the festivities began. it sold out in 15 days. How incredible is that. Last year it didn't sell out until April!

2010-01-25 2:40 PM

Stephanie.... so thankful my friends and I will be able to participate at the IRON GIRL ... I'm sure it will create alot of memories for us!  Very happy today too because I completed a 15 mile bike ride!  Have a great day everyone!!!!
Tara
2010-01-26 6:15 PM

ugh, long time no post. but i've been enjoying reading what everyone else has to say!

my current, very up-in-the-air race calendar:

march 21: nyc half marathon

april: another half, i hope? or perhaps a du, if there's anything going on near me.

may 16: im 70.3 orlando. how i feel after my first 70.3 will greatly greatly influence the rest of my calendar.

june: probably an oly late in the month.

july: maybe musselman in geneva ny, or maybe i'll do barb's race (half) in my hometown of santa rosa (yay visits to family in cali!!!)...but there are some great oly options near me as well.

august: too many options. totally depends on how i feel at this point in my race season.

sept: hopefully either toughman half in westchester ny, or im 70.3 syracuse

oct: maybe mightyman half in montauk, ny. i also have a friend who is very into cyclocross races, and he's been bugging me to give one a try, so i might zero in on cycling late in the season and try out a couple cross races, just for kicks.

i think i'm being a bit ambitious, but i'd really like to do 2-3 halfs this season, barring injury/fatigue. and throw in a couple oly's, for training purposes (and just to see if i can better my times a wee bit), but not as A-races. but again, it all really depends on how i feel in may. thankfully there are a ton of fun options on the eastern seaboard. hooray!

training is going well, so far. i spent quite a bit of cash and picked up some quality winter cycling gear, and went on my first winter ride last weekend. it was a little cold, but felt sooooo goooood to not be in spin class. and i can't wait to get outside again this weekend!!!

i'm already burning the candle at both ends a little bit, with regard to incorporating training into my (already busy) life. i haven't been getting enough sleep, and i can feel it when i hit the gym. not sure exactly what i can cut back on to get those needed hours of rest, but...i'm working on it. BALANCE is the name of my 2010 game.

keep up all the good work, ladies! these are the tough months...soon the season will be upon us, we'll have more daylight hours, and the motivation to train will be abundant! (at least, that's what i keep telling myself.)

erika

ps. stef: HOTTTTT BIKE!!!
2010-01-26 8:00 PM

User image

Veteran
Many many thanks for the lovely comments on the new bike. I can't wait to see it!

Well it is Tuesday and I have already abridged my goals for the week LOL. I decided to drop a swim and a run. I just really wanted to make sure I was ok for Sunday. So in place of today's run I did Abs and I dropped yesterdays swim because it would have been the second workout of the day.

Do any of you watch The Biggest Loser? This season is crazy
2010-01-28 9:34 AM

User image

Pro
Burbs
Tara - so cool that you and your friends are doing this together. will definitely make for a very memorable race

Erika - wow, that is quite a race sked ! but: if you can afford it and you enjoy it, why not ?? your first 70.3 is coming up ! may will be here before we know it make sure you get plenty of sleep... it really helps with recovery and injury prevention. take care of yourself !

Stef - I think it's totally fine you dropped some workouts -- gotta rest up for your race this weekend !!
2010-01-28 5:31 PM

User image

Pro
Burbs
Just some housekeeping --- these are the fabulous tri ladies that are still 'active' in the group:

Maria - maria40nc
Erika - IronDiva
Tania - waltontl
Tara - ohiotrigirl
Pamela - sbtrichick
Stef - Stefanier

Am I missing anyone?

and I'm missing mailing addresses from Erika and Tania (sorry, Tania - I accidently deleted your PM - d'oh!)

2010-01-28 7:22 PM

User image

Veteran
What do each of you for fitness nutrition? (IE what are you using for calories and nutrition while you exercise? Infinit, Hammer, Gels, Shot Bloks, Food)
2010-01-28 11:27 PM
in reply to: #2641306

User image

Regular
Santa Barbara, CA
Hey gang,

Been running the corporate race in SFO this week, flat out from breakfast meetings starting at 7:30 AM to dog and pony rah rah rallies until 10 PM. Hmmm...doesn't sound like I love my job right now, but I really do.

Home, tired, squeezed in one measly two mile run on the hotel treadmill Tuesday...need SLEEP! Then back on track. Maybe I can get up at 5 AM tomorow for a run...we'll see

(yawn)

Pamela
2010-01-29 8:14 AM

User image

Expert
, North Carolina

Thought I better check in!

Steph - For nutrition, I eat FOOD!  You've seen my training logs and as they are, I still do not feel I'm working out hard enough to justify engineered nutrition, except for maybe halfway through a bike ride of 3 or more hours.  Then I might have a Gu gel with lots of water.  I like all natural Lara Bars!  Otherwise I eat mainly meat, eggs, green veggies, and add fruit on my heaviest workout days.  I've been known to use Jay Robb's protein powder in a pinch.  I have a lot of fat in my diet, i.e walnuts, avocadoes, homemade mayo.  I imagine I am in the minority of eating low carb/high fat, but this is what works for me.  I lost over 20 lbs last year and am easily maintaining 112 lbs while eating TONS of food.

Pamela - Mercy... get some sleep!  You make me tired just reading your endeavors!

Erika - You too! 

I'm very protective of my sleep schedule, although I do admit it is a mad rush to get everything done and get to bed on time.  But it is SO important to SLEEP!  A lot of people comment on my very early morning workouts (I'm up at 4 a.m.); BUT I go to bed at 8:30 p.m. so it's all relative.

I've had a good training week thus far, but we are getting hit with ice pellets tomorrow!  I'm going to have to use my traininer for long bike and try my new Tough Love Spinerval DVD.  Hope I can hang...

Edited by maria40nc 2010-01-29 8:15 AM
2010-01-29 9:26 AM

User image

Pro
Burbs

Maria: I don't know how excited I'd be to do a "Tough Love" spinervals It's awesome that you get to bed so early. It's something I've been working on but I putz around too much at night (playing on BT, facebook) that I don't get to bed until 10-10:30. Maybe I'll try pushing it back 15 minutes for a few days to ease into it.

Pamela: get some sleep, girlie ! What do you do for a living? It sounds like you have a crazy busy job..

Stef: For my IM this is what I did -- GU 10 minutes before swim, Infinit sip every 10 minutes on the bike (at 220 cals/hour), run -- whatever I could handle, mix of crackers and coke. For marathons I do GU every 5-6 miles and alternate water and gatorade at aid stations (it depends on the heat).
Infinit is AWESOME stuff --- it's a little pricey but I absolutely love it.

2010-01-29 12:48 PM

User image

Veteran
Typically I try to stay away from engineered nutirtion but I know that is going to be next to impossible with the Half Iron training.

Previously we have used HEED, Hammer Gels and I also use a product called Monkey Shake for recovery. (Protein mix used in smoothies)

However we just bought some Infint and I am eager to try it. We chose both their Iron Distance blend and their Recovery blend.

2010-01-29 2:23 PM

User image

Expert
, North Carolina
Is Infinit a protein powder?
2010-01-29 7:58 PM

Hello Ladies.... Hope everyone has had a great week! I've been crazy busy organizing a career day for our high school students.... all 500 of them and 32 speakers offering 4 sessions each! So been rather preoccupied with that and trying to keep up with my own kid's activities! It was nice to get a run and swim in with one of my iron girl pals.... so nice when you have someone going along with you. Waiting for my first tri bottoms and top to arrive in the mail.... I'm hoping they will fit well as I'm 6 foot tall and usually don't order things online because it's hard to find things long enough... but we'll see! Well hope you all have a great weekend.... Keep up the fantastic workouts! You all amaze me!!!!Tara
2010-01-30 11:15 AM
in reply to: #2643130

User image

Pro
Burbs
maria40nc - 2010-01-29 3:23 PM Is Infinit a protein powder?

It usually has protein in it, but what's awesome about it is that its fully customized. You take a little "quiz" about your weight, how much you sweat, length of training sessions, cramping, etc. and they make the mix thats right for you.... it makes a lot of sense since we all have different nutritional needs. I used Infinit exclusivly on the bike for IM (I had PayDay bars for fun/ diff. taste but I couldn't choke them down on race day!)

Great company, too - highly reccomend !!
2010-01-30 11:16 AM
in reply to: #2643817

User image

Pro
Burbs
ohiotrigirl - 2010-01-29 8:58 PM Hello Ladies.... Hope everyone has had a great week! I've been crazy busy organizing a career day for our high school students.... all 500 of them and 32 speakers offering 4 sessions each! So been rather preoccupied with that and trying to keep up with my own kid's activities! It was nice to get a run and swim in with one of my iron girl pals.... so nice when you have someone going along with you. Waiting for my first tri bottoms and top to arrive in the mail.... I'm hoping they will fit well as I'm 6 foot tall and usually don't order things online because it's hard to find things long enough... but we'll see! Well hope you all have a great weekend.... Keep up the fantastic workouts! You all amaze me!!!!Tara

hey crazy busy girl ! hope the tri shorts/ tri top fit well where did you order them from?
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Trishie's Tri Chicks - CLOSED! Rss Feed  

of 12