BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Trishie's Tri Chicks - CLOSED! Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 12

2009-12-24 9:44 AM

User image

Pro
Burbs
Subject: Trishie's Tri Chicks - CLOSED!

NAME: Trishie/ Trish/ Tricia

STORY: On January 01, 2005 I made the decision to do my first marathon. I needed a break from the constant stress of law school and a way to lose some of the weight put on by pizza during late night study sessions [and beer.. and wine.]. I signed up for the Baltimore Marathon as a "one and done" -- a bucket list item to do, cross off, and move on.

Little did I know that my first marathon would pave the way for four more 26.2 races, dozens of half marathons and other road races, several triathlons, and my first Ironman. I thoroughly enjoy training and racing and could not imagine life any other way !

FAMILY STATUS: Married to my wonderful husband of four (and a half!) years. He doesn't s/b/r but he is one helluva IronSherpa

CURRENT TRAINING: I'm a schedule person. I don't just like a plan -- I need one and I thrive off of one! The off season is a little tough mentally but I'm doing "100 runs in 100 days" to keep some form of sanity. When I'm training for a big race I like the BT training programs.. I've used a few

2009 RACES:

03.22 National Marathon 3h 50m 43s
05.17Columbia Triathlon [Oly]3h 09m 10s
07.12Ironman 70.3 Rhode Island6h 15m 24s
08.16NorthEast Triathlon [Oly]2h 52m 35s
09.13 Diamondman Triathlon [HIM]6h 00m 25s
09.19General Smallwood Tri [Oly relay - swim 1500M]29m 15s swim, 2nd overall!
09.26 CM Ultra AquaVelo [IM swim/bike] 8h 27m 41s
11.29 Ironman Cozumel!14h 12m 29s

2010 RACES:  National Half Marathon [march] -- with my girlfriend who is getting married in May. This is her "last race as a single girl!" ... not sure what else yet.

WEIGHTLOSS: I started running about 9 months before my wedding and went from 140 lbs to 120 lbs. [I'm 5'1... annoying how just five pounds make a difference when you're short!]. I'm currently at 130 but I've put on quite a bit of muscle during tri training. I'd like to lose about 5 lbs ... but I need to give up Reese's first and I'm not sure if I'm ready to make that commitment...

WHAT WILL MAKE ME A GOOD MENTOR: I may not be the speediest person out there but I love the sport and enjoy the people. I mean, where else can you have a discussion on how / where / when to pee ? And who else understands why you get up at 6:00 to swim? And why you PAY to do this !? And the feelings of accomplishment after your first non stop mile swim/ your first 20 mi bike ride/ your first 5 mile (non stop) run/ the finish line at the end of your first tri !

I'm looking for a small group - 5-8 - of lovely ladies who are getting into triathlon. I plan on being the best damn mentor I can by: keeping discussions going through the forum, stopping by your training blogs to say hi, inspire, etc., answer your questions, and comment on your Facebook and personal blogs [if you are so inclined].

My blog is
http://irontrish.blogspot if you'd like to know more about me.

Hope you join me !

if you are interested in joining this group, please copy + paste the above and fill it in so I can get to know you.

Edited by trishie 2009-12-28 10:10 AM

2009-12-26 8:57 AM
in reply to: #2576738

User image

Expert
, North Carolina
Subject: RE: Trishie's Tri Chicks - OPEN !

Cool... a girl group!  Would love to join you!

NAME: Maria

STORY:  I've never been athletic in my life, not even in HS.  I started Couch to 5K in Jan of 2009, followed by three 5Ks.  I continued with the 3 mile distance over the summer.  On June 9, my chiropractor was talking about doing triathlons, and I decided to give it a go (he was drumming up more business I suppose!). I continued running, dusted off my old mountain bike, and started swim lessons at the YMCA on July 7.  One month later, I did my first triathlon on August 9, and here I am thousands of dollars poorer and ready for a second season!

FAMILY STATUS:  43 yr-old divorced empty nester.  Son is a junior at NC State University, mechanical engineering.

CURRENT TRAINING:  Started Beginner HIM plan on Dec 21 with May 8 as race date.

2009 RACES: I completed 11 various races this year: four 5Ks, two 10Ks (one was 2nd pl AG), three sprints, one duathlon (1st place AG), and finished off with a <2 half mary.

2010 RACES: ATT Half Mary, Beaver Dam Oly, White Lake Half, Kure Double Sprint (swim, run, bike, run swim!), White Lake Oly, Beach to Battleship Half and wish I could fit a full mary.

WEIGHTLOSS: Lost 20+ lbs last year and maintaining.  Goal is to lower body fat percentage at this point.

That's all for now!!!

2009-12-27 4:15 PM

Regular
I would love to join your group!  I am in desparate need of a mentor for my first tri.  I have registered for the Danskin Tri in August - .5m swim, 15.5m bike ride, and 3.1m run.  I also love to plan and it's the details about the race that scare me - especially the transitions.  I am already running a 5K (very slowly) and don't expect the bike to be too tough, but the swim scares me to death!  I am unconventionally athletic (through krav maga) and don't really lift weights at all.

I'm looking very forward to my tri, but it scares me, too.

Thanks,  Tania
2009-12-27 5:05 PM

User image

Expert
Glen Burnie, Maryland
Hi Ladies,

I'm just dropping in to give some props to your mentor.

You will not find anyone more passionate about the sport and the people she meets.

I met Trishie this year through BT and have enjoyed training, racing and sometimes socializing with her.

With Trishie as your mentor you will have a very successful season!!
2009-12-27 5:10 PM

Yay for all-girl groups! I would love to be a part of this one!

NAME: IronDiva/Erika

STORY: My mom used to swim IM relays in my hometown of Santa Rosa, CA (Vineman!) so tri has been in my life since a very young age. I was an artistic little kid who eventually grew up to become an opera singer living in NYC. Hence the "diva" in my handle. However, I've always been an active person, and loved swimming, taking spin classes, etc. It's a nice change from my musical life, but also complements the physical aspects of performing quite nicely.
Anyway. In 2008 I decided to let go of a lot my perfectionist tendencies/fears of failure and train for a half-marathon. My goal was just to finish, and I ended up coming in at 2:02, which I thought was pretty great for my first race ever. Now that I knew I could handle the run, I was sure I was ready for tri, and in 2009 I finished 4 Olys (best time 2:52) and another half marathon (1:58).So this season is the year of HIM. And bettering my Oly time, of course.

FAMILY STATUS: Single in the big city.

CURRENT TRAINING: Base training for IM Orlando in May. 2-3 bikes, 2-3 runs, 2-3 swims, 2 weight workouts, yoga whenever I can squeeze it in. I can't lie, I am STRESSED about getting all of my training in, while working a day job, performing, and maintaining some semblance of a social life. Oh, and sleeping and feeding myself.

2009 RACES: NYC Tri, Mossman Tri, Diamond Girl Tri (Olympic-plus distance), Mighty Hamptons Tri, Queens Half-Marathon

2010 RACES: NYC Half-Marathon (I hope...it's a lottery) in March, IM 70.3 Orlando in May. More to come, once my singing schedule gets nailed down.

WEIGHTLOSS: Not a priority, but I know I'd be faster if I lost 10-15... I also went veggie last year, and am finding whole food nutrition + busy schedule to be a particularly challenging combo.I'm excited to meet the group and have a great race season together!!!
2009-12-27 5:37 PM

Hey Trish,

Your forum was awesome!! haah you sound really cool.  My name is Jennifer Miller and I am a 28 year old nurse from Rochester, NY.  I have run my whole life, through College, which consisted of running DI for  three years.  I have since then just "run for fun," but am now looking for something more exciting and vigerous.

I am married to my wonderful, handsome husband for a year and a half, ahah you have a couple on me, and he actually wants to train with me in the spring, but i dont want to wait..i can get alot done between now and then!!

I too, like you, like a schedule, but am ok just flying by the seat of my pants as well.  With my nursing schedule, I will work better on some type of schedule, which at times will probably have to be switched around to work around my nights.

I am not run any races in the past 2 years or so.  My goals for 2010 would be to at least complete a sprint tri, if not an olympic.  I have done a team tri, where I just ran, but feel  and know I am strong enough to do all three.

Hope you have room for one more!!!!

Jenn Miller

2009-12-27 6:01 PM

Hi Trishie's is there still room in your all-girls tri group? I would love to join!

NAME: LadyBanks / Princess (My real name)

STORY: I was an athlete (track & Field) all my life until I got married 15yrs ago. After having my kids I became sedentary, although I always longed to be active again. So of course I packed on the pounds and being 5ft and overweight is not especially sexy (at least to me). I have been wanting to do a tri for a few years now but I just could not wrap my mind about the training schedule. I even bought tri books about training and surviving the first Tri. I am hoping that this will truly help me.

FAMILY STATUS: Divorced (soon to reconcile) w/ 2 teenage boys

CURRENT TRAINING: I am planning to start my training Jan. 4, 2010. I figure that I should be able to complete most of my training in the gym setting until I am able to get a bike.

2009 RACES: Never completed any races

2010 RACES: Not sure which races that I want to do yet.

WEIGHTLOSS: My goal is to lose 50lbs while maintaining the underlying muscle that I still have I am hoping that by training for a tri I am able to regain my activeness and become the sexy diva I once was! I also want the privilege and accomplishment of finishing a Tri!!
2009-12-27 6:22 PM

User image

Regular
Montreal, Quebec
I'd love to join your group if there is still room

NAME: Patricia

STORY: I've always been into sports : figure skating from 4-18, then weight training and dancing and back to figure skating at 30. I did adut syncho skating for a few years until I started running in order to be able do to the 3.5 minute routines without dying. Of course being an internet geek, I started reading everything I could about running online and stumbled upon triathlons throughout my research. Hum I can do that I said...... So I joined a club (needs structure) and last year I did 4 sprint tris and a duathlon. I still consider myself a newbie though because I feel I just scratched the surface of the sport (I came in last or second to last in every race I did LOL)

FAMILY STATUS: 44 year old mother of a teenager (god help me lol) I've been with my bf for 10 years and no he's not into tris but he's very supportive of all my hobbies

CURRENT TRAINING: Right now, I'm just running every second day. I have problems with my back which makes swimming a challenge so I'm concentrating on running and indoor biking (I live in Canada - It's winter here).

2009 RACES: Like I said, I did 4 sprint triathlons and a duathlon.

2010 RACES: For sure the Ottawa half marathon in May. I'll be training for that starting January. I'll also be biking and swimming just once a week. I want to do an Oly in 2010. I also want to do more duathlons, I liked that. So I'll be doing a mix of sprints, dus and an Oly.

WEIGHTLOSS: I'm 5'1 also and I weight 130. I'm not looking to lose any weight but I started weight training so I can become stronger and add a bit of muscle to my frame (especially the upper body, I get injured easily)

I'm a member of an all girl bike club so I like the idea of an all girl support group

That's all for now

Patricia

Edited by mekira 2009-12-27 7:12 PM
2009-12-27 7:02 PM

New user

San Marcos
Hi Trish.
My name is Katrina and I would love to join this group.  I am so excited to have found this site to help me get to my goal of doing a few sprint tri's this year.  I am a former competitive kickboxer.  I had knee surgery last year and just started running again last month.  I have already signed up to do two tri's and Muddy Buddy in 2010!!

I look forward to hearing all your great advice!!

All the Best!!

Kat 
2009-12-27 7:24 PM

Hi Trish....  My name is Tara and I sure hope there is still room open in your mentoring group!  I am signing up Dec 31 for the Iron Girl Atlanta that is exactly 6 months from today!  Never have done a triathon before however began running in March of 2009 and completed 4 5Ks during the course of the summer/early fall.  I ended up with h1n1 and pneumonia in October so I had to take a break from running and am ready to begin again.  Two of my best friends are joining me for the Iron Girl and it is there first tri also!  Quite a bit intimidating!!! I also will be running more 5K's and possibly 10 K's in 2010 and hopefully doing tri races closer to where I live.  We decided Iron Girl Atlanta as our big race of the year and want to do one BIG race a year for motivation and time for just us girls!  Love how training makes me feel... and excited about having a mentor. 
I am 38 years old, married for 15 years, and have 2 children (ages 13 and 10) that I want to be a healthy, active role model for.  I hope we get to work together. 

Edited by ohiotrigirl 2009-12-27 7:25 PM
2009-12-27 7:33 PM

User image

Veteran
Trish, I follow your blog on blogspot and would be honored to be a mentee!!!

NAME: Stefanie

STORY: IN January 2005 I worked the finish line of the Disney Marathon handing out medals. It was extremely motivating especially in the 5th, 6th and 7th hours. It was then that I made the decision that at some point I would take up running. I finially starting running in March 2006 and to date have finished 2 marathons, 8 half marathons and a multitude of other smaller distance races.

In January of this year I took at Triathlon training class and I am hooked. I managed to squeeze in 4 triathlons this year and have already signed up for my first HIM. I might be one of the slower kids out there but I am having a ton of fun.

FAMILY STATUS: I am married and am very lucky that my excitement for running and triathlons has rubbed off on the husband. We are training for the HIM together even though he is tons faster than I am and has only been running/doing anything triathlon since January 2009.

CURRENT TRAINING:
I typically schedule out my training a month at a time because I have nice calendar that hangs on the wall reminding me what the work out of the day is. I try to get in 3 workouts a week in each discipline. However right now I am coming off of a 3 week long rest period and will be working on skill work for about the next month or so.

2009 RACES:

January 11Disney Marathon6:47:48
June 28Aflac Irongirl Atlanta (Sprint)2:10:56
July 25Make It By Midnight Half Marathon3:11:00
August 22TriPTC (Sprint)1:36:26
September 19Vidalia Onion Sprint Triathlon1:27:38
October 25TriCooter (Sprint)1:25:03
November 14Chickamauga Battlefield Half Marathon2:39:17 (PR!!!)
November 28Bartram Forest Trail Marathon6:32:00 (PR)

2010 RACES:  (These are on the calendar thus far)

January 16Museum of Aviation Half Marathon
January 31Ocala Half Marathon
March 6Snickers Energy Bar Half Marathon
June 27Irongirl Atlanta (Sprint)
August 21Tri PTC (Sprint)
September 26Ironman August 70.3

WEIGHTLOSS: Well 7 years ago I weighed in at over 200lbs (College days). I lost a bit of weight before my wedding and then gained a tiny bit back. But overall I am down 50lbs from my heaviest. My goal is 135 which means I have 15 lbs to lose this year.

WHAT WILL MAKE ME A GOOD MENTEE:
Because I am super awesome. JK I update my logs daily and I have a very active blog on Blogspot.
http://theprincessrunner.blogspot.com/
I promise to participate and I am great at motivating people. I need the accountability of a mentor!

Edited by stefanier 2009-12-28 7:37 AM

2009-12-27 7:39 PM

New user

Hello ladies (: I'm a total newbie, but I'd love to get some help with my first olympic tri up north in Canada (:

NAME: Jiyoon

STORY: I've been quite active during the summer to lose weight...but since school started, I've let myself down and gain a lot of the weight back ): I've done one half marathon, and I'm doing this triathlon to raise awareness for neglected tropical diseases (: Really excited to lose weight this time and keep it down for good! And help out the kids along the way as well!

FAMILY STATUS:  21 year old single, junior at University of British Columbia in Vancouver, BC, CANADA!

CURRENT TRAINING:  Started 20 week olympic plan (swim focused) with May 16th as race day

2009 RACES: Umm...none

2010 RACES: The UBC Triathlon Race Series! (:

WEIGHTLOSS: Goal is to lose 30 lbs, and get a six pack!!! (:

Thank you! I really don't know anything about triathlons, (or what triathletes are like...but I hear they're crazier than the runners) so I hope I can get some help (;

2009-12-27 7:39 PM

User image

Master
Metro NY Area
I'm already in a few mentor groups but this looks like a real good one! I've got lots of BT energy! Can I join?
I'm Lisa.

Edited by losta 2009-12-27 7:42 PM
2009-12-27 8:19 PM

I'd love to join your group if there is room, looks like you have had a bunch of responses.

I did my first tri this past summer and am looking to improve my times, esp. in the swim.  I plan on doing 2 sprints, maybe 3 this summer.

I'm 29 years old, married with no kids from Denver, CO

You sound like a great mentor and the ladies that have already posted seem like they will make an awesome group.  Let me know if I'm in!

Jessica

2009-12-27 8:48 PM

User image

Master
Metro NY Area
Name: Lisa

Family Status:  Domestic Partner and a cute little dog named Cooper.

Story: I was on a swim team when I was 9-11 and swam the longer distances in High School which were probably 100-400M. I used to run in my early 20's I ran 10Ks, Half Marathons, and one Marathon. I used to run about 50 miles a week in that period. I got injured with some calf and shin issues, started cycling for a few years after but eventually found myself on the couch.

I'm 51 now and in the years between mid 20's to 50 life got in the way, I would sometimes bike, swim  walk, run a bit but never really got going. I ended up gaining over 100 lbs from where I was in my early 20s. In May of 2009 I signed up for a sprint for August. Got on the bike, joined the Y for the pool, started running a bit, just kept going and adding on to the point where I now usually do at least 2 workouts a day and usually workout 10-12 hours a week.

I have arthritis in my left knee, I am seeing a sports med Dr. about it and have had gel injections in that knee. Losing weight has made it better but it is the one thing that worries me and I have to be careful with running as I can easily injure the knee and that can be painful and interfere with my training.

Current Training: I swim at least 2x a week and have just started winter swim training with a local tri team, run 3-5x a week and cycle 3-5x a week. I have a bike on the trainer for the winter and have been doing spinervals. I also take pilates, aqua aerobics and a bootcamp training class and just started CrossFit. I am going to have a tri coach starting in January.

2009 Races: All sprints -Danskin SheRox Triathlon Philadelphia 8/2/09 (due to weather changed to a duathlon), Trek Women's Tri Mt Snow, VT 8/9/09, Trek Women's Tri Metro NY 9/13/09, Tri Fitness Tri 9/21/09 plus Greenwich Point 1 Miles OWS 7/18/09

2010 Races/Goals:  I'm moving up this year to Olympic and Half Ironman. First I'll travel to Florida for St. Anthony's Oly in late April, a possible sprint in late May, Rev 3 Oly in CT June 6th, and Timberman N.H. 70.3 August 22nd. I am also considering Mussleman Aquabike in July (HIM distance) and Tri Columbia Skipjack (1.2 Mile Swim , 64 Mile Bike, 10 Mile Run) in September and a half marathon sometime late winter-early spring.

Weightloss: I lost 50 lbs. since March 2009 and hope to lose 50 more by sometime in 2010.

Why I'll make a good mentee: I love BT and love learning and sharing my knowledge with others.
I log all my workouts on BT and stay pretty peachy.

2009-12-27 9:07 PM

New user

Hi Trish
I would love to join the girls if there is still space available.  I am 42 years young!  I have always been active mostly running.  I have had a hard time staying consistent with dieting and training in the last few (several) years.

I have been married for 13 years.  We have four great children ages 12, 10, 8 and 5.  Lots of noise and lots of fun!

I work out with weights twice a week, cardio 3-4 times a week.  Keeping consistent with my diet has been difficult.  I love sweets and have a hard time saying no.  I also enjoy wine.  I am 130lbs and would like to lose 10lbs and lower my body fat by about 10%.

I competed in my first sprint tri last summer.  It was a great time.  I am looking for some help from a mentor this year to tune up my training schedule and help me stay on track.  The swim was the
biggest challenge for me. 

I am looking forward to joining a group of great women!

Best,
Sue

2009-12-27 11:06 PM

Name: Nicki

Family Status:  Common law and bad pooches

Story: Ive been active all trough publicschool highchool and all the way trough.28 now. But not much in endurance sports. Until I was 15 I was into gymnastics. Then when I entered highschool i played any sport i was allowed to play. Soccer,swimming badminton I did it all. This continued in in colleged but then after that it took a bit of a slump. Last year I started running triathlons well give it a tri. My first race i finished second to last in my age group, but the experience must have been a possitive one cause I went for another, and was the first girl out of the water (I'm a fish) and finshed 24 out of 44 entrants making me proud.

This year my goal is to complete a sprint triathlon and maybe if this goes really well an oly

Weightloss: I have no weight to lose I'm one of those people other women get mad at and offer there meat. Id like to gain a little weigfht so give me your meat lol

Why I'll make a good mentee: I still consider myself a beginner and still have lots to learn. I love to share what Im doing and i think we can learn from one another.

So please if there is still space available in your group, let another crazy canadian join.

2009-12-28 3:20 AM

I would also like to join this group if there is still room.  I'm new to tri.  I did my first sprint last September and had a great time.  I would like to do at least one Oly and a half Mary this year in addition to a repeat to the sprint I did last year with friends.  I'm a new runner, but I'm having the most fun with that which is a GIANT surprise. 
  My main focus this fall  was supposed to be weight loss, but I haven't done anything.  I need some  organizational help and a better plan to stay on track. 

Christine
2009-12-28 6:10 AM

User image

Expert
Troy, MI

Please, please, please let me join in too. 

NAME: Jo/Joanne/Jogo

STORY: I started running when I was 30, after my divorce, because I couldn't afford any other sport and I had a pair of running shoes from high school in my closet.  I did my 1st event in 2006, a 26.2, because I wanted to prove to myself that I could accomplish that distance, and thought, why not.  My neighbor did her first sprint tri that first year and I thought, hmm, that looks interesting but I don't own a bike and I can't breathe with my head in the water.  I had met nelg (glen from BT) and he and sushigirl convinced me to join a new team called the RACING GREYHOUNDS.  No experience needed but I would have to do 5 triathlons a year.  HOLY CRAP.  I did my first tri 6/1/08.  It was my best ever and I have gone downhill since.  Last year was a lost season (I did 2) because of work, stress, and injury. 

FAMILY STATUS: I am a 45 year old mom of 5 happily blended kids (3 of mine, 2 of his).  My husband's oldest is going to make me a grandma in July.  (yeah, I love to spoil).  I am married to a former category 2 cyclist who was robbed of his athleticism by a drunk driver 26 years ago.  He is the very best sherpa and bike slave ever.  Someday I'll have to learn how to work on my own bike but not yet. 

CURRENT TRAINING: I am following a sprint plan and then a sprint to oly bridge.  I like to have a plan.  I just started working with a personal trainer 2x/week. 

WEIGHTLOSS:  I have gained 10lbs in the past month and had 20 to lose before that.  I am more focused on clean and healthy eating.  I am very frustrated with my weight and have tried lots of diets in the past.  I am a firm believer that stress makes you hold on to weight so I am focusing on restarting my yoga practice and hopefully between that and the new non-toxic me, I will get to a healthier weight.

Please, Please, Please, let me join.  I promise to be a good mentor group member.  I look forward to learning from 2009, and renewing my love for the sport in 2010. 

Edited by jogo 2009-12-28 6:18 AM
2009-12-28 7:48 AM
in reply to: #2579345

Hi Stephanie... I noticed you were planning on running the Iron Girl Atlanta this year and I am too!  Have you run it before???? I am very excited!  Take Care,
Tara
2009-12-28 8:41 AM

User image

Master
Loveland, Ohio
Hey, Trish. So glad to see you mentoring! You ladies are in great hands!

2009-12-28 9:03 AM

User image

New user

I really hope you still have room in your group!! I think a mentor is definitely what I need to answer my questions and help me on my way to be coming a triathlete!

NAME: Tracy

STORY: I recently became engaged to the most wonderful man in the world. He is super athletic and so is his family. He came in 9th overall in his first triathlon - kinda made me feel ill! (His parents are both in their 60s and take part in triathlons regularly and usually win their age group with ease.) I have always been active in some way. I danced for 18 years and then started regular exercise routines, but nothing too trying. So, I decided to make my future husband proud (and myself!) and try my hardest to complete a triathlon. (Plus I figured the training couldn't hurt with reaching my wedding day weight goals!)

FAMILY STATUS: Engaged.

CURRENT TRAINING: Spin class a couple times a week, running a few days a week, aerobics classes. I actually have a really bad relationship with running. It defeats me completely and is probably my biggest fear going into this!

2009 RACES: A couple of 5ks and the swim leg of a triathlon relay team.

2010 RACES:  Jetton Triathlon - May 8, 2010. (Maybe a another one, if I can get past my running fear!)

I am really excited to be a part of something like this. Being a part of a team last year made me feel like I am missing out on a wonderful community that is full of people who love to be outdoors and active. I want to be a member of that community! (And I will try my hardest to remember that when silly tv shows are calling me to the couch when I should be training! I guess that is what DVR is for!)

2009-12-28 9:50 AM

User image

Veteran
Arvada
I too would love to join your group! Please let me know if there is still room. You said 5-8 and I think you may have many more then that.

I am a 45 YO from Denver. Divorced and have been doing sprint tri's for 2 years. I am slow, very slow and most definitely an Athena. But I love it! Love it! My first year I did only on tri Tri for the Cure and all women's tri my second year I joined CWW an all women's training group here in Denver and did many practice tri's Colfax 1/2 Marathon, Tri for the Cure and Crescent Moon Sprint Tri. I would really like to try an Olympic distance. I'm a little scared of the swim though.
2009-12-28 10:10 AM

User image

Veteran
Gainesville
Trishie,
I'm looking for a group, too, but it looks like you have a whole bunch already.  I would love to join, but will wait to post my info until I hear from you.  Last year was my first year of triathlon.  I joined a mentor group last year, but it died very quickly.  I would love to be able to ask questions and share experiences with you guys.
Let me know.  Thanks!
Karla
2009-12-28 10:11 AM

User image

Pro
Burbs
Subject: RE: Trishie's Tri Chicks - CLOSED!

I would love to take all of you but 17 is too many !!

The following are my mentees (in order of sign up)

maria40nc
waltontl
IronDiva
jlmiller2
LadyBanks
mekira
trigrl92596
ohiotrigirl
stefanier
funkytwinkie

Edited by trishie 2009-12-28 10:20 AM
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Trishie's Tri Chicks - CLOSED! Rss Feed  

of 12