of 60

2014-06-20 6:32 PM
in reply to: cgregg

User image

Champion
Williamston, Michigan
Subject: RE: NewTAN's Third Law of Motion

Originally posted by cgregg

Wallet stolen out of my locker at the gym today while I was swimming.

The bastages cut my lock, stole my wallet... and then put a new freaking lock on the locker just to mess with me!  They hit at least five of us this way within less than an hour.

Weekend disrupted.

SUCKAGE!!!  dirtballs Sorry that happened to you.  Leave my wallet in the car

2014-06-20 7:36 PM

User image

Elite

The bastages cut my lock, stole my wallet... and then put a new freaking lock on the locker just to mess with me!  They hit at least five of us this way within less than an hour.

Weekend disrupted.

On TV, the cops would search all the hardware store purchases of five or more padlocks in the area and nab the bastages red handed. I hope you have a list of all your credit card numbers stored somewhere. I just checked my list and updated one that was recently replaced. Thank you, Chris, for the reminder. TW
2014-06-21 7:40 AM

User image

Champion
the alamo city, Texas

Weekend disrupted.

that's super messed up.  i always leave valuables locked in my car - mainly cause i don't bother to lock my locker - but apparently that doesn't help anyway!

2014-06-21 1:53 PM

That's awful that your wallet was stolen! Sorry to hear of that. I only take my phone, keys, and ipod into the gym with me...but then I guess I need to worry about my wallet and such being stolen out of the car! Crazy world we live in.

Hope everyone's weekends are going ok. Just a drive by hello
2014-06-21 1:59 PM
in reply to: tech_geezer

User image

New user
Austin, Texas

I hope you have a list of all your credit card numbers stored somewhere. 

Just curious, why do you keep the card numbers? Is it to verify who you are to your credit card companies? I've been robbed before and was smart enough to keep the phone numbers of my banks handy and was able to cancel them quickly enough, but I never thought to actually keep my card numbers on record.

2014-06-22 11:57 AM
in reply to: trijamie

User image

Elite

Originally posted by trijamie

Just curious, why do you keep the card numbers? Is it to verify who you are to your credit card companies? I've been robbed before and was smart enough to keep the phone numbers of my banks handy and was able to cancel them quickly enough, but I never thought to actually keep my card numbers on record.

I have always been asked for the card number when I call.  They also ask for other identifying information like address and phone number to verify identity.   I have a number of cards issued by retail stores that work like regular credit cards. So counting those, I have 7 credit cards.  It helps to remember all the cards when I need to cancel.  I have the card number and telephone number to call written down in my passwords book.  Maybe it is unnecessary.  I haven't had to cancel all the cards in a number of years.

TW

2014-06-22 7:19 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Alpharetta, Georgia
Bronze member

Originally posted by tech_geezer

I have always been asked for the card number when I call.  They also ask for other identifying information like address and phone number to verify identity.   I have a number of cards issued by retail stores that work like regular credit cards. So counting those, I have 7 credit cards.  It helps to remember all the cards when I need to cancel.  I have the card number and telephone number to call written down in my passwords book.  Maybe it is unnecessary.  I haven't had to cancel all the cards in a number of years.

TW

Having the card numbers is not necessary at all - don't even have to have the institution's phone number, just look up the fraud # on their web site. They'll figure out you are who you are and cancel right away. The more important thing is remembering all of the answers to your security questions in a high-stress situation.

Edited by lisac957 2014-06-22 7:20 PM
2014-06-22 7:59 PM
in reply to: lisac957

User image

Pro

We work a ton of credit card fraud, and I've been a victim of it.  You don't need your numbers, Lisa has it right.  And any fraudulent charges will be removed. 

If you don't think the fraud divisions of your credit card companies don't know which charges on your card are fraudulent then you are naïve about how much they know about you and your spending/travel habits.  Believe it.

In my case, MasterCard called me and told me my card was cloned. LOL

2014-06-22 10:02 PM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

New user
Austin, Texas

Originally posted by Left Brain

We work a ton of credit card fraud, and I've been a victim of it.  You don't need your numbers, Lisa has it right.  And any fraudulent charges will be removed. 

If you don't think the fraud divisions of your credit card companies don't know which charges on your card are fraudulent then you are naïve about how much they know about you and your spending/travel habits.  Believe it.

So in your experience, what are the easiest ways criminals are able to do this? Is it from shopping online? If I have to get something from an online store, should I call and order it over the phone instead?

2014-06-23 1:25 AM

User image

Pro

So in your experience, what are the easiest ways criminals are able to do this? Is it from shopping online? If I have to get something from an online store, should I call and order it over the phone instead?

They hack systems, they use card readers at ATM's, they get numbers from friends, waiters write them down.....and on and on and on.  It is estimated that every credit card number has already been compromised, but just hasn't been used yet by criminals.  If you haven't been the victim of credit card fraud your time is coming.   I use my credit and debit cards to buy everything, in any manner.  I don't  worry because I know that I'm not going to be responsible for anything I didn't buy.

Edited by Left Brain 2014-06-23 1:27 AM
2014-06-23 6:16 AM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Pro

I've had the credit card company call me. They knew there was a fraudulent charge immediately. They know everything about your spending habits, where you shop, where you travel, etc. In my case the trigger for the fraud detection was that I had two in-store purchases hundreds of miles apart within the space of an hour. 

2014-06-23 7:08 AM
in reply to: BrianRunsPhilly

User image

Champion
the alamo city, Texas

sup batches.  work sucks!

2014-06-23 8:45 AM
in reply to: mehaner

User image

Regular
Madrid
Originally posted by mehaner

yes.
2014-06-23 10:24 AM
in reply to: gr33n

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

Originally posted by gr33n

yes.

Agreed.  

Highlight of today will be heading to the car dealership after work to hopefully pick up our new car!!  WOOOOOT!  

2014-06-23 11:54 AM
in reply to: lisac957

User image

Elite
Cleveland

Originally posted by lisac957

Originally posted by tech_geezer

TW

Having the card numbers is not necessary at all - don't even have to have the institution's phone number, just look up the fraud # on their web site. They'll figure out you are who you are and cancel right away. The more important thing is remembering all of the answers to your security questions in a high-stress situation.

Two of the four cards I had to call to cancel did ask me for my card number... fortunately, the other two were smart enough to realize that if I'm reporting the cards as stolen, I don't have them to look at and give them the number.  It took a bit of time on the phone, but I was able to get everything canceled.  US Bank and Chase were very quick and responsive.  My replacement Chase card has already arrived at home, in fact - sent by UPS with Signature Required.  This is doubly awesome in that this was the card that was used, and Chase marked all charges as fraud and cleared me of them.  In short.. they've been freaking spectacular with this whole thing.

If I had written the numbers down, they wouldn't have been nearby when this happened, so the list wouldn't have been valuable in a time-sensitive way.  Had I kept the list in my wallet so that it was with me... it'd be gone with the cards.  I suppose I could keep the list in my car, but credit card numbers is the sort of thing that I don't like having duplicate copies of lying around... that is information that needs to be protected.

2014-06-23 11:56 AM
in reply to: blueyedbikergirl

User image

Elite
Cleveland

Originally posted by blueyedbikergirl

yes.

Agreed.  

Highlight of today will be heading to the car dealership after work to hopefully pick up our new car!!  WOOOOOT!  

Noice!  Whatcha gettin'?

In other news, I just finished eating my lunch, and I'm still starving... and I can't go buy more food, lol.    

An 11 mile run before work might be the culprit.

2014-06-23 2:46 PM

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

yes.

Agreed.  

Noice!  Whatcha gettin'?

In other news, I just finished eating my lunch, and I'm still starving... and I can't go buy more food, lol.    

An 11 mile run before work might be the culprit.

2013 Mini Countryman, never titled, manual transmission, sunroof, all the bells & whistles...  hopefully it all comes together!!  

Have you reached the point of stealing food?  

2014-06-23 3:09 PM
in reply to: blueyedbikergirl

User image

Elite
Cleveland

2013 Mini Countryman, never titled, manual transmission, sunroof, all the bells & whistles...  hopefully it all comes together!!  

Have you reached the point of stealing food?  

Ooooh, fancy!  

Nope, no stealing needed.  The beauty of working in my office is there are always people having meetings and conferences where they order in some really incredible stuff - and always way too much for the number of people.  There's almost always food set out for everyone

And a coworker just dropped off a half dozen cupcakes for Eliza & I.  Bonus!

2014-06-23 7:25 PM

User image

Champion
Williamston, Michigan

yes.

You want to talk about work sucks? After working all weekend and getting little sleep in the process and dealing with some fairly ridiculous pts including
1-drunk a$$hole who was behaving so baldy in the ER one ER nurse said :I hope he gets a fat embolism" which is usually fatal and a second ER nurse said "I feel sorry for his room mate"
2-Pt thought I was a waitress today. SO GLAD I went to school for 20 years so I could take your breakfast order
3-My computerized office............could not get into my computer.
4-Could not look at xrays
5-PT I am seeing in consult..."Can you call my PCP of the last 28 years and discuss this with him?" You mean the PCP who can't be bothered to take care of you in the hospital? SURE I Have ALL FRIGGIN DAY to chase him down for his opinion
6-Didn't get to start my 12:30 surgery until after 4pm
7-HAVE to go to jury duty no exceptions for work....like they are going to take me anyway. They don't want a smart person they want someone who can barely read who can be led
8-An the coup de gras.........................getting covered in blood from the a$$hole from the ER fixing him.  It was DISGUSTING.  Nothing like having someones blood running down your leg into your shoe to finish the day off right.

2014-06-24 12:45 AM

User image

Elite
Reno
Originally posted by Socks

yes.

You want to talk about work sucks? After working all weekend and getting little sleep in the process and dealing with some fairly ridiculous pts including
1-drunk a$$hole who was behaving so baldy in the ER one ER nurse said :I hope he gets a fat embolism" which is usually fatal and a second ER nurse said "I feel sorry for his room mate"
2-Pt thought I was a waitress today. SO GLAD I went to school for 20 years so I could take your breakfast order
3-My computerized office............could not get into my computer.
4-Could not look at xrays
5-PT I am seeing in consult..."Can you call my PCP of the last 28 years and discuss this with him?" You mean the PCP who can't be bothered to take care of you in the hospital? SURE I Have ALL FRIGGIN DAY to chase him down for his opinion
6-Didn't get to start my 12:30 surgery until after 4pm
7-HAVE to go to jury duty no exceptions for work....like they are going to take me anyway. They don't want a smart person they want someone who can barely read who can be led
8-An the coup de gras.........................getting covered in blood from the a$$hole from the ER fixing him.  It was DISGUSTING.  Nothing like having someones blood running down your leg into your shoe to finish the day off right.

I was going to complain about work. I still will, but not without saying that I can't touch this.

. I found out today that my 10 years of service to this company, weathering multiple storms, mean nothing. I go to my annual review and find out that because all of the other managers are newer because of said storms, my salary has been redlined until parity has been achieved. Every new person on the team relies on my experience and judgement (explicit in said review) I won't even get COLA rise. Nothing like an annual review to make one want to look for new work.

Edited by bootygirl 2014-06-24 12:47 AM

2014-06-24 3:05 AM
in reply to: #5004399

User image

Elite
Reno
I just received emails that so outline the lack of parity in skills.... WTF should there be parity in pay?

2014-06-24 7:02 AM

User image

Champion
the alamo city, Texas

Originally posted by bootygirl 

I was going to complain about work. I still will, but not without saying that I can't touch this.

. I found out today that my 10 years of service to this company, weathering multiple storms, mean nothing. I go to my annual review and find out that because all of the other managers are newer because of said storms, my salary has been redlined until parity has been achieved. Every new person on the team relies on my experience and judgement (explicit in said review) I won't even get COLA rise. Nothing like an annual review to make one want to look for new work.

the last time i worked for a company that did that, i quit and got a new job that paid about $10k per year more.  they were in the middle of restructuring to emerge from bankruptcy and it was one of their plans to look more attractive to a buyer, but that was the WRONG place to cut corners.  i have absolutely zero regrets about that decision.  maybe if i were a high level exec with compensation besides salary I would settle for no raise, but they don't pay me enough to get away with me not asking for more ;-)

Edited by mehaner 2014-06-24 7:05 AM
2014-06-24 7:24 AM

User image

Regular
Madrid
Speaking of job disatisfaction and alternatives, I received this in my inbox this morning-

Hello,

How would you like to make money by simply driving your car ? Red Bull Energy Drink Company is asking all cars and truck owners with a valid USA driver's license, who are above 18 years of age to advertise with there cars and trucks. Its a good pay of $650 weekly for allowing Red Bull Energy Drink wrapped your car, if interested kindly respond for more details.
2014-06-24 7:38 AM

User image

Champion
the alamo city, Texas

Originally posted by gr33n Speaking of job disatisfaction and alternatives, I received this in my inbox this morning- Hello, How would you like to make money by simply driving your car ? Red Bull Energy Drink Company is asking all cars and truck owners with a valid USA driver's license, who are above 18 years of age to advertise with there cars and trucks. Its a good pay of $650 weekly for allowing Red Bull Energy Drink wrapped your car, if interested kindly respond for more details.

haha, i know companies do pay for this, but there's no way they pay THAT MUCH.  i would gladly sign up, quit my job, and drive to the beach every day for that take home.  it's a pay cut, but WAY worth it.

2014-06-24 7:57 AM

User image

Regular
Madrid

Originally posted by gr33n Speaking of job disatisfaction and alternatives, I received this in my inbox this morning- Hello, How would you like to make money by simply driving your car ? Red Bull Energy Drink Company is asking all cars and truck owners with a valid USA driver's license, who are above 18 years of age to advertise with there cars and trucks. Its a good pay of $650 weekly for allowing Red Bull Energy Drink wrapped your car, if interested kindly respond for more details.

haha, i know companies do pay for this, but there's no way they pay THAT MUCH.  i would gladly sign up, quit my job, and drive to the beach every day for that take home.  it's a pay cut, but WAY worth it.

It came into my work inbox. I sent it to my personal mail just in case. You never know.

On a related note I lost all my house keys yesterday. I thought I was having a bad day until I read about the guy bleeding all over and into Sock's shoes. Anyhow I digress- I was thinking maybe I should keep a set hidden someplace, but the question is where ? In the car not a good idea, as I've had my car broken into already a couple times. I could leave a set in the office but thats less than perfect as the commute from office to home is like an hour. I could hide a set somewhere around outside the house but wonder if this just looking for trouble as well. Anyone have any ideas ?
New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » NewTAN's Third Law of Motion Rss Feed  

of 60

RELATED POSTS

Wii help needed: Want to kill, but get motion sickness

Started by AcesFull
Views: 1677 Posts: 10

2009-01-05 10:42 AM TriRSquared

I'll make a motion...

Started by Sharkie
Views: 2179 Posts: 20

2008-12-11 10:50 AM JoshKaptur

Motion Sickness

Started by soloryder
Views: 1899 Posts: 13

2008-06-20 1:15 PM erin116

Motion Sensors?

Started by steveseer
Views: 2221 Posts: 14

2008-06-03 10:26 PM tech_geezer

can you pass the third grade? Pages: 1 2

Started by gabejd09
Views: 3912 Posts: 33

2004-10-04 2:23 PM Whit
RELATED ARTICLES
date : February 6, 2012
author : AMSSM
comments : 0
How to regain enough range of motion to swim freestyle after a shoulder injury or surgery

date : May 11, 2009
author : FitWerx
Motion capture technology with 2D and 3D analysis offers some powerful benefits compared to just a standard bike fit.
date : May 20, 2008
author : Tri Swim Coach
So tell me why I want to bother swimming the other strokes? I'm IM training, and plan to swim freestyle for the entire race, is there an advantage to working on the other strokes?

date : March 6, 2007
author : AMSSM
If one muscle has restrictions it can limit the range of motion on the connecting joint and have a domino effect as that tension and restriction is carried down the chain.
date : July 4, 2006
author : KevinKonczak
While most do not think about the actual vector breakdown involved in the cycling stroke and where the power is applied in detail, when you finally do think about it, things become clearer.

date : September 4, 2004
author : Gareth
Flexibility, muscle imbalances relating to range of motion and how it affects your swimming technique.
date : September 2, 2004
author : Michael
I was able to spend one Saturday morning in the store conducting this interview and I learned a good bit of information about shoes and proper fitting.

date : September 2, 2004
author : chrisandniki
To avoid a myriad of injuries (joint pain to your knees, ankles, hips, shin splints, foot pain, bruises), it’s invaluable to find the right running shoes.