BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Manatee Mentors 2015.2 CLOSED (Poptarts? Pet pics?) Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply
CLOSED

of 107

2015-05-05 12:41 PM
in reply to: laffinrock

User image

Denver, CO
Subject: RE: Manatee Mentors 2015.2 CLOSED (Poptarts? Pet pics?)

I was just on TT and found this funny story.  Hope it lightens your day like it did mine.

2015-05-05 1:30 PM

User image

Pro
Bellingham, WA

From the upcoming Star Wars movie.

2015-05-05 1:37 PM
in reply to: popsracer

User image

Denver, CO

Originally posted by popsracer

The picture didn't come through.   And I'm totally shocked that *nobody* noted yesterday as Star Wars Day!!

2015-05-05 1:40 PM

User image

Pro
Bellingham, WA

While my problems are pretty trivial compared to some of these other events I did have an interesting conversation with my wife last night.

I was finalizng hotels, registrations, etc. for Boise and asked her about her preferred room type and I got  "Do you HAVE to do this race?". And I'm like, "oh, you mean the one I've been training everyday for the last four months for?"  Not quite sure what to do with this.  I try to keep peace and it is a 10 hour drive and four days away so I kind of see her point though I feel she is a little late as she has been fully aware of what I've been training for.

So, suck it up and look for a closer race or drag them along begrudgingly?? Going by myself isn't really an option.

2015-05-05 1:41 PM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by laffinrock

The picture didn't come through.   And I'm totally shocked that *nobody* noted yesterday as Star Wars Day!!

You must not be on "the twitter!"

2015-05-05 1:42 PM

User image

Pro
Bellingham, WA

Rats.  I'm at work and sometimes images don't work.  Sorry. 

2015-05-05 1:45 PM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

While my problems are pretty trivial compared to some of these other events I did have an interesting conversation with my wife last night.

I was finalizng hotels, registrations, etc. for Boise and asked her about her preferred room type and I got  "Do you HAVE to do this race?". And I'm like, "oh, you mean the one I've been training everyday for the last four months for?"  Not quite sure what to do with this.  I try to keep peace and it is a 10 hour drive and four days away so I kind of see her point though I feel she is a little late as she has been fully aware of what I've been training for.

So, suck it up and look for a closer race or drag them along begrudgingly?? Going by myself isn't really an option.

Maybe she was just having "a day."  I don't know what your normal race planning process is.  What happens at my house is I ask Kevin, get his confirmation and register.  His veto power then expires. Once I register, that ship has sailed.  

It works both ways though.  Kevin is going to a mountain biking camp in Bend in the fall.  He asked, I said yes, he made reservations.  Now I'd better be happy about it!

2015-05-05 1:48 PM
in reply to: jmkizer

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by jmkizer

Maybe she was just having "a day."  I don't know what your normal race planning process is.  What happens at my house is I ask Kevin, get his confirmation and register.  His veto power then expires. Once I register, that ship has sailed.  

It works both ways though.  Kevin is going to a mountain biking camp in Bend in the fall.  He asked, I said yes, he made reservations.  Now I'd better be happy about it!

Victoria 70.3 would be closer?  Manatee Meet Up?

2015-05-05 2:03 PM

User image

Denver, CO

How frustrating!!  Victoria could solve 2 problems:  closer to home and less likelihood of the windy hills you're dreading (I think), or if she doesn't want to go to that either, at least you'd have Manatee company.  On the other hand, if you want to stick with Boise, is it possible to ride share with somebody else from your area who's doing it?

2015-05-05 2:07 PM

User image

Pro
Bellingham, WA

I certainly considered it.  I have some friends that are doing it.  It is an amazing venue and you will love it.  I assume you have seen the elevation profile (3,400+ ft. gain) for the bike course which did not appeal to me as I am not a strong cyclist.  Boise is about 1,800.

I generally dont race on Sunday so this probably wouldn't happen for me.

I guess I'll revisit the issue tonight.

2015-05-05 2:08 PM

User image

Denver, CO

No, not lately.  Haven't been on FB lately either.  My home computer has gotten annoyingly slow and I don't check that stuff while at work.  I stick to about 6 or 7 websites to "limit" my non-work work time.  Like that works!

2015-05-05 2:55 PM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

No, not lately.  Haven't been on FB lately either.  My home computer has gotten annoyingly slow and I don't check that stuff while at work.  I stick to about 6 or 7 websites to "limit" my non-work work time.  Like that works!

I've just found FB annoying lately.

I use Twitter at work.  FWIW, both Kirsten and I "May the Fourthed" yesterday ;-)

2015-05-05 3:26 PM

User image

Pro
Bellingham, WA

Popped home for lunch so we'll try this again.

2015-05-05 3:30 PM

User image

Denver, CO

rrrrrrrrRRRROOOOOOWWWWWwwwwww (as they zoom past).  Love it!  Do they make spitting sounds when they fire?

2015-05-05 4:47 PM

User image

Veteran
Dayton

I use Twitter at work.  FWIW, both Kirsten and I "May the Fourthed" yesterday ;-)

I'm finding I use FB less and less as time goes by. Why get on and be annoyed by lots of buzzfeed stuff, or people doing annoying stuff?  Twitter is good because I do a better job of keeping my feed nice and trimmed to only the stuff I want.

2015-05-05 4:49 PM
in reply to: ponderingfox

User image

Veteran
Dayton

Anyone else on Athlinks? Maybe we can add that to the list of Manatee things that we do.  This is the place of truth for the races I've done and my finishing times. I do keep the links to race results, but sometimes those break.

Hit me up. http://www.athlinks.com/athletes/178070150

2015-05-05 5:39 PM

User image

Denver, CO

Originally posted by ponderingfox

Anyone else on Athlinks? Maybe we can add that to the list of Manatee things that we do.  This is the place of truth for the races I've done and my finishing times. I do keep the links to race results, but sometimes those break.

I use my race reports to do the same thing.  I just look at "My Races" and can also see your race log if I click on your user name.  Is there something additional on Athlinks I'm not seeing, other than that it's available to the broader public?

2015-05-05 7:13 PM

Master
Northern IL

There you go!

2015-05-05 8:16 PM

User image

Veteran
Dayton

I use my race reports to do the same thing.  I just look at "My Races" and can also see your race log if I click on your user name.  Is there something additional on Athlinks I'm not seeing, other than that it's available to the broader public?

It keeps track of the race results for the entire race.  If you click on the race name, you see the finishing spots and times for everyone.  You can use it to keep track of your races, and to evaluate competition across their races, and encourage friends.

2015-05-05 8:18 PM

User image

Veteran
Dayton

Hrmm, swam with my 310xt the last couple times in the pool, and I'm noticing that moisture is starting to get trapped underneath the screen.  That's unfortunate.

2015-05-05 10:26 PM

User image

Thanks for all the well wishes, thoughts, and support. John is doing better and may be released in a few days. He looks horrible, though.

Tom, sending thoughts for your aunt. Mary, sending thoughts as well.

2015-05-05 10:39 PM
in reply to: fortissimo

User image

Master

Robin, I'll just echo what others have said.  You couldn't have stopped what happened even if you were there, so don't do that to yourself.  Glad to hear he is doing better, I'll keep him in my thoughts, and you.

Tom, thoughts for your great aunt.  It's devastating to think about what it might have been like for both her and John to be waiting to be found. 

Mary, thoughts to you as well.  Man, so often we don't want to be a "bother" to others, "I'm fine", etc.  I'd rather be "bothered" and have you survive.  Thoughts to those testifying, what a terrible ordeal.

2015-05-05 10:41 PM

User image

Master

How frustrating!!  Victoria could solve 2 problems:  closer to home and less likelihood of the windy hills you're dreading (I think), or if she doesn't want to go to that either, at least you'd have Manatee company.  On the other hand, if you want to stick with Boise, is it possible to ride share with somebody else from your area who's doing it?

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but the Victoria course is either going up, or going down.  The only flat part, by the airport, is windy .  That being said a Manatee Meet up would be sweet!

2015-05-06 6:22 AM
in reply to: fortissimo

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by fortissimo Thanks for all the well wishes, thoughts, and support. John is doing better and may be released in a few days. He looks horrible, though. Tom, sending thoughts for your aunt. Mary, sending thoughts as well.

I'm so glad to hear that John is being released from the hospital soon.  I'll continue to keep thinking of him. 

2015-05-06 8:24 AM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

I'm finding I use FB less and less as time goes by. Why get on and be annoyed by lots of buzzfeed stuff, or people doing annoying stuff?  Twitter is good because I do a better job of keeping my feed nice and trimmed to only the stuff I want.

Tom, I think I missed the issue with your Aunt, but please know that you and yours have my thoughts and prayers.

I find the FB/Twitter conversation interesting. I was talking with TW and we are both of the opinion that social media in general has plateued. I use Twitter and FB, but not too much, since it can become overwhelming if you let it. And I really don't have much interest in many things I see on there anyway. Combine that with the time that I'd rather spend with friends, family, myself, etc, and it just becomes a hassle to manage it all.  So, I'll post a bit here and there, and not really take it beyond that.

But I find it is great to keep me reminded about people's Birthdays!

New Thread
CLOSED
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Manatee Mentors 2015.2 CLOSED (Poptarts? Pet pics?) Rss Feed  

of 107

RELATED POSTS

Ben's Mentor Group w/ Google Hangouts! ***CLOSED*** Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8

Started by bcagle25
Views: 16026 Posts: 182

2015-03-13 3:55 PM wannabefaster

Ryan Mac’s HIM Focus Group - CLOSED Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26

Started by Ryan Mac
Views: 29495 Posts: 639

2015-06-15 3:22 PM Ryan Mac

TZCoaching tri getting started group! - CLOSED Pages: 1 2 3 4

Started by tzcoaching
Views: 12409 Posts: 98

2015-03-01 12:25 PM tzcoaching

Mad Manatee Mentors CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes?) Pages: 1 ... 97 98 99 100

Started by IndoIronYanti
Views: 69156 Posts: 2498

2015-02-23 11:27 AM IndoIronYanti

Gray Guys/Girls Master's Focus Triathlon Mentor Group--CLOSED Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 52

Started by lutzman
Views: 57538 Posts: 1284

2016-01-02 4:01 PM lutzman
RELATED ARTICLES
date : January 1, 2015
author : Team BT
comments : 2
Are you new? Are you starting to train for your first race in 2015? Join a mentor group to get all of your questions answered.

date : January 29, 2013
author : Scott Tinley
comments : 0
There are races to prepare for and health to be found and a lot of adventure and release to be sought in the oceans of the world.
date : February 6, 2010
author : EndurancePlanet
Coming off of a tibial stress fracture in 2000, stevebradley made his way into triathlon. Now he has over 60 triathlons completed and is one of the most active mentor groups on BT.

date : July 15, 2009
author : EndurancePlanet
Not only is he a great athlete, he is a great mentor. I have been in his mentor group for the last two rounds and he inspires and encourages our entire group daily.
date : April 23, 2009
author : Team BT
comments : 1
The closed fist drill will ensure that you are pulling with your entire hand and forearm.

date : February 19, 2007
author : Terese Luikens
Find a mentor. Make a list of at least three people that you could approach for help, list your specific needs and then be courageous enough to begin asking.