General Discussion Iron Distance Race Groups » Ironman Lake Placid : Official Thread Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 148

2011-11-15 1:44 PM
in reply to: #3901571

Extreme Veteran
Vermont
Subject: RE: Ironman Lake Placid : Official Thread
tri_sbr - 2011-11-14 2:54 PM

It seems I am pretty late in making my stay arrangements for the IMLP2012. I couldn't find anything for a reasonable price in the Lake Placid area and so I ended up making a reservation in  Plattsburgh (~50 miles from Mirror Lake). I have never been to the area and so was wondering if anyone knows whether it could be challenge to get to the race start on the race morning? Any street closings or parking issues that could affect and I should be aware of? 

Has anyone had experience camping the night before and racing an IM the next morning?Just thinking, if Plattsburg is not a good option, I can camp close to the race start.

Thanks!

Plattsburg is probably manageable, but if you are racing, you might want to be a bit closer. As was mentioned already, driving back and forth three times will likely get old. However, I have to say that on race morning, I would not want to drive for an hour. Further, there is no way I would want to travel far after the race. There are places much closer to LP that you should try. You will find something and be happier in the end.

2011-11-15 8:02 PM
in reply to: #3637183

User image

Master
Kingston Ontario
Agreed that you might want to stay closer.  LP is so small that parking can be difficult.  Going down Old Military Road to Station Road is good advice...they have shuttle buses at parking lots on Old Military Rd as well that run all the time to the Olympic Oval.  You could walk to the swim start from there
2011-11-15 9:16 PM

Thanks all for the advice!

Yes, I will be racing the IMLP-2012. Quite excited since it will be my first.

Yesterday and today I called a couple of places in Lake Placid and Wilmington but either the places were booked or exorbitantly priced with mandatory stay for at least 4 nights.

Any leads that I should try? I am looking for a room just for myself preferably within $100/night. Am I expecting too much this late?  I don't have any particular preferance for the place. Anything rustic will do for me.

Thanks again!

2011-11-16 7:01 AM
in reply to: #3903139

User image

gatjr33 - 2011-11-15 2:44 PM
tri_sbr - 2011-11-14 2:54 PM

It seems I am pretty late in making my stay arrangements for the IMLP2012. I couldn't find anything for a reasonable price in the Lake Placid area and so I ended up making a reservation in  Plattsburgh (~50 miles from Mirror Lake). I have never been to the area and so was wondering if anyone knows whether it could be challenge to get to the race start on the race morning? Any street closings or parking issues that could affect and I should be aware of? 

Has anyone had experience camping the night before and racing an IM the next morning?Just thinking, if Plattsburg is not a good option, I can camp close to the race start.

Thanks!

Plattsburg is probably manageable, but if you are racing, you might want to be a bit closer. As was mentioned already, driving back and forth three times will likely get old. However, I have to say that on race morning, I would not want to drive for an hour. Further, there is no way I would want to travel far after the race. There are places much closer to LP that you should try. You will find something and be happier in the end.

X 1000.  George is just really being nice.  Staying in Plattsburgh the week of the race is doable.  But the night before is a really crazy-silly idea.  YOU ARE DOING AN IRONMAN!!!  You want to make the logistics of getting up that morning as easy and stress-free as possible.  There are LOTS of smaller economy motels all over Lake Placid, that are within a few miles of the Oval Center and Mirror Lake.  Google Lake Placid lodging and start dialing.

You can also ask to bet put on waiting lists for motels.  Right around two months out, which I believe is the last time in which you can get a partial refund from WTC, a bunch of reservations get cancelled and rooms open up.  Every year rooms do become available as the the event gets closer. 

2011-11-16 7:09 AM
in reply to: #3903645

User image

Champion
MA
tri_sbr - 2011-11-15 10:16 PM

Thanks all for the advice!

Yes, I will be racing the IMLP-2012. Quite excited since it will be my first.

Yesterday and today I called a couple of places in Lake Placid and Wilmington but either the places were booked or exorbitantly priced with mandatory stay for at least 4 nights.

Any leads that I should try? I am looking for a room just for myself preferably within $100/night. Am I expecting too much this late?  I don't have any particular preferance for the place. Anything rustic will do for me.

Thanks again!

I think the sports institute or community college offers dorm rooms in LP for reasonable price. Call the Lake Placid Chamber and see if they can direct you.

LP is great venue with super community support and gorgeous course, down side is finding lodging is challenging and expensive.

2011-11-16 7:35 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Lake Placid, NY

Yes, seriously - the drive to and from Plattsburgh is a PITA, a good hour , not to mention mostly over two-lane country roads (i.e. One moron driving 30 in a 55  can back up everyone.  We call it an "Adirondack Traffic Jam.")

I know it's easy to for me to say since I live a two-minute walk from the Oval, but PLEASE try to find something closer, at least for the night before.  Have you checked Saranac Lake?  Even Tupper would be a bit closer.

2011-11-16 9:56 AM
in reply to: #3903871

User image

PinkPrincess - 2011-11-16 8:35 AM

Yes, seriously - the drive to and from Plattsburgh is a PITA, a good hour , not to mention mostly over two-lane country roads (i.e. One moron driving 30 in a 55  can back up everyone.  We call it an "Adirondack Traffic Jam.")

I know it's easy to for me to say since I live a two-minute walk from the Oval, but PLEASE try to find something closer, at least for the night before.  Have you checked Saranac Lake?  Even Tupper would be a bit closer.

I stayed in Saranac Lake last year when I volunteered and the prices were the lowest I could find and it is only a 10 minute drive into LP with none of the main roads on that side of town being closed for the race either. I plan on doing this again this year for when I race and I figure I will have no problem getting in on the morning of.

2011-11-16 4:29 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Rochester, NY
I'm staying in Saranac as well. It's right off of 86 so it should be an easy drive in.  This past year I volunteered and stayed in Au Sable so it was about 25 minute drive.  I could see it would be a crazy drive the morning of since it goes right through the bike course, There was even traffic at 5AM and since there is only the one lane you can only go so fast.  Coming from Saranac I hear there is not as much of a traffic issue. 
2011-11-17 12:32 PM
in reply to: #3899575

User image

Extreme Veteran
Sea Isle City, NJ
triguy1043 - 2011-11-12 1:53 PM

Question about realistic goals.

I would like to run under 4:00 at LP 

I train everything on 8:00 or under Is running 9:00mm for a IM a realistic goal

I just ran a 1:43 1/2 marathon 2 weeks ago?

Please offer your thoughts or ideas

I think realistically you are setting your expectations a little high there, but only you can truly answer this question. Is it possible, absolutely, is it probable..not totally sure. I think you could be in the ballpark but extrapolating your ironman marathon time from your 1/2 standalone is hard to do....do you have a full marathon time to compare?
2011-11-17 1:05 PM
in reply to: #3905920

User image

Monty - 2011-11-17 1:32 PM
triguy1043 - 2011-11-12 1:53 PM

Question about realistic goals.

I would like to run under 4:00 at LP 

I train everything on 8:00 or under Is running 9:00mm for a IM a realistic goal

I just ran a 1:43 1/2 marathon 2 weeks ago?

Please offer your thoughts or ideas

I think realistically you are setting your expectations a little high there, but only you can truly answer this question. Is it possible, absolutely, is it probable..not totally sure. I think you could be in the ballpark but extrapolating your ironman marathon time from your 1/2 standalone is hard to do....do you have a full marathon time to compare?

X2.  Monty is wise

I ran a 1:29:07  half marathon stand-alone time on May 2nd, 3 months prior to Lake Placid.  My marathon stand-alone time was 3:15 nine-months prior.  My IMLP marathon time was a 4:27    I was well trained for LP.  Had a solid 1:12 swim; I even split the bike with a 3:01 first lap and 3:04 second lap, for 6:05.  I felt great for the first 10 miles of the marathon, averaging a 7:50 pace (which I run all the time in training) and then I got a wicked side stitch around mile 11 and was walking and nauseous at mile 12, and walked another 10 miles before gutting it out and running the final 4 miles.  

So, yeah, up until MILE 124, around 9 hours deep, I was having the perfect first Ironman Race.  I was well trained, nailed all my paces and did't over exert myself, perhaps ate a little too much on the bike (dunno) but I focused on my nutrition, and I still bonked.  Why?  Cause it was unchartered terroritory for me, really.  But I think I've learned from it.  We'll see this July. 

This is a 140.6 mile, anything can happen.  If you put the training in, then sure, plan to start at a 9:00 pace for the Run.  Hopefully it will feel easy and your heartrate will be in an aerobic zone.  And hopefully you won't bonk like I did!!   

2011-11-17 1:49 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Rome, NY

Monthy & Dream Chaser thanks for your thoughts and ideas.

I was not sure if I was setting my self up for failure or being realistic??

All I know is I want that 4:00 marathon but I do know how difficult Placid is. Its not my main goal it is a with in the race goal that may have to be adjusted.

Thanks

Jeremy

Edited by triguy1043 2011-11-17 1:52 PM

2011-11-17 3:16 PM
in reply to: #3904681

Extreme Veteran
Vermont
JMoney - 2011-11-16 5:29 PM

I'm staying in Saranac as well. It's right off of 86 so it should be an easy drive in.  This past year I volunteered and stayed in Au Sable so it was about 25 minute drive.  I could see it would be a crazy drive the morning of since it goes right through the bike course, There was even traffic at 5AM and since there is only the one lane you can only go so fast.  Coming from Saranac I hear there is not as much of a traffic issue. 

You will not have any issues coming in from Saranac Lake on race morning. It is truly only 10 minutes away (tops), traffic is light and you can either get dropped off close to the oval or find parking relatively close. It has worked for me for years. Keeps things pretty relaxed because you will feel enough pressure on race morning.
2011-11-17 6:56 PM
in reply to: #3906201

User image

Extreme Veteran
Rochester, NY

gatjr33 - 2011-11-17 3:16 PM
JMoney - 2011-11-16 5:29 PM I'm staying in Saranac as well. It's right off of 86 so it should be an easy drive in.  This past year I volunteered and stayed in Au Sable so it was about 25 minute drive.  I could see it would be a crazy drive the morning of since it goes right through the bike course, There was even traffic at 5AM and since there is only the one lane you can only go so fast.  Coming from Saranac I hear there is not as much of a traffic issue. 
You will not have any issues coming in from Saranac Lake on race morning. It is truly only 10 minutes away (tops), traffic is light and you can either get dropped off close to the oval or find parking relatively close. It has worked for me for years. Keeps things pretty relaxed because you will feel enough pressure on race morning.

Thanks for the info, I'm feeling a little relieved now with the decision.  So now I only have 637 more things to worry about until race day.

2011-11-18 10:13 AM
in reply to: #3906475

Extreme Veteran
Vermont
JMoney - 2011-11-17 7:56 PM

gatjr33 - 2011-11-17 3:16 PM
JMoney - 2011-11-16 5:29 PM I'm staying in Saranac as well. It's right off of 86 so it should be an easy drive in.  This past year I volunteered and stayed in Au Sable so it was about 25 minute drive.  I could see it would be a crazy drive the morning of since it goes right through the bike course, There was even traffic at 5AM and since there is only the one lane you can only go so fast.  Coming from Saranac I hear there is not as much of a traffic issue. 

Thanks for the info, I'm feeling a little relieved now with the decision.  So now I only have 637 more things to worry about until race day.

No worries. You are going to have a great time on race day. You will never forget it.
2011-11-18 1:26 PM

User image

Master
...at home in The ATL

247 days to go.

1/3 of the IMLP training year done!

2011-11-18 1:27 PM

User image

Master
NJ

A little late to the party here - another Saranac Lake person for IMLP weekend - thanks to my brothers' in laws letting us stay in their house.   Heard LP is on the mend after Irene took out many roads along the river.  Anyone else following Jorge's plan this winter? Hoping it'll help me up those hills! Im also trying to maintain/lose weight over the winter - I don't need to haul any extra lbs. around come July.   It's far to early for me to even think about goals for the race yet - a given would be faster bike split than run split. I did IMFL 2 years ago and it was close. 

It may seem like a long time away but Im heading up for a training weekend the weekend of June 8-10th w/ Start-Tri, a coaching company I work with.  It's our 5th season doing the camp and many years host 2 weekends of camps.   You can find us on Facebook - or PM me for more info! It's a great training weekend right on course.  Hope to meet some more BT'ers before race day!

2011-11-18 2:08 PM
in reply to: #3907482

User image

Extreme Veteran
Lake Placid, NY
kristinc0916 - 2011-11-18 2:27 PM

A little late to the party here - another Saranac Lake person for IMLP weekend - thanks to my brothers' in laws letting us stay in their house.   Heard LP is on the mend after Irene took out many roads along the river.  Anyone else following Jorge's plan this winter? Hoping it'll help me up those hills! Im also trying to maintain/lose weight over the winter - I don't need to haul any extra lbs. around come July.   It's far to early for me to even think about goals for the race yet - a given would be faster bike split than run split. I did IMFL 2 years ago and it was close. 

It may seem like a long time away but Im heading up for a training weekend the weekend of June 8-10th w/ Start-Tri, a coaching company I work with.  It's our 5th season doing the camp and many years host 2 weekends of camps.   You can find us on Facebook - or PM me for more info! It's a great training weekend right on course.  Hope to meet some more BT'ers before race day!

Same here - hoping to drop another 5 pounds before race day. (I'm 4'10, so that's like 10 pounds on most other people.) I also just got a wicked deal on a carbon-frame Madone.  (I have an aluminum frame tri bike but I really don't like her for hilly courses. I just climb better on a roadie.)

And cool - I run and bike by the Start-Tri house on River Road all the time. Might be fun to train in a group - I always go it alone.  No tri clubs up here, believe it or not!

2011-11-18 3:07 PM

Friday brought in some good news for me.

I called several places in the LP area this week as was suggested on this forum and finally, this afternoon, confirmed a room reservation at the North Community College dorms in Saranac Lake region. Many thanks KathyG and others!  

If anyone is still looking for an accommodation, here is the link to the dorm room reservation system specifically for the IMLP event :

https://reservations.meetingslakeplacid.com/start.php?i=19

(I have provided the above link with permissions from the Visitor Services, Regional Office Of Sustainable Tourism, Lake Placid)

Thanks again all!

2011-11-18 9:33 PM
in reply to: #3907482

User image

Extreme Veteran
North Shore, MA.

That's the weekend I'll be there for my first marathon! I figured since my plan is to volunteer this (2012) year so I can sign up for next year, it would be a great place to do my first Mary. The course is almost the same as IM. They also have a half marathon that day that would make a great training run
2011-11-19 7:46 AM
in reply to: #3905920

User image

New user

Moscow,
Hey there -

I ran a 1:42 1/2 in my year training for my first Ironman. I ran walked 9 and 1's the whole race, and was faster than many people who "ran" the whole marathon around me that day - and my marathon time was 4:04 - you can totally run a 4:00 marathon - train consistently, get your nutrition nailed and love the moment -!
2011-11-19 7:58 AM

User image

New user

Moscow,
Wow! I just posted this race on my blog and see that there are so many of you signed up and already talking race details - super exciting!

I haven't really trained for 3 years and I'm pretty stoked to be back in this - and feel so far away - any news or posts you got would rock... I miss the Van' Island training atmosphere.

I was wondering a few questions...

1. accommodation: I found a really nice B and B in Keene Valley - would this be awkward location if I'm alone race day to get myself to the start?

2. marathon - how is the marathon - I couldn't find an elevation chart and I wondered about the kind of hills we may encounter on the run?

3. training on site in June 20th - 25th: Hope to train for a week on locatoin in the 2nd last week of June - any one else going to be around and want to ride the course or swim? okay okay - that is in forever and a day. But already we're nearing the end of November: eeek!

sweetness - thanks for getting in touch : )

2011-11-19 1:26 PM
in reply to: #3907947

User image

Master
NJ
cheekymonkeys1 - 2011-11-18 10:33 PM

That's the weekend I'll be there for my first marathon! I figured since my plan is to volunteer this (2012) year so I can sign up for next year, it would be a great place to do my first Mary. The course is almost the same as IM. They also have a half marathon that day that would make a great training run

Great idea! Im looking forward to cheering for all the mary runners that weekend.  Good luck

Pink Princess - that's funny that you know the Start Tri house.  The owners live about a mile away from us in NJ and we're good friends and coaching partners. So far, it's an all girls weekend. Only girls have signed up!

2011-11-20 2:51 PM
in reply to: #3908092

User image

Master
...at home in The ATL

aynsley_oh - 2011-11-19 8:58 AM Wow! I just posted this race on my blog and see that there are so many of you signed up and already talking race details - super exciting! I haven't really trained for 3 years and I'm pretty stoked to be back in this - and feel so far away - any news or posts you got would rock... I miss the Van' Island training atmosphere. I was wondering a few questions... 1. accommodation: I found a really nice B and B in Keene Valley - would this be awkward location if I'm alone race day to get myself to the start? 2. marathon - how is the marathon - I couldn't find an elevation chart and I wondered about the kind of hills we may encounter on the run? 3. training on site in June 20th - 25th: Hope to train for a week on locatoin in the 2nd last week of June - any one else going to be around and want to ride the course or swim? okay okay - that is in forever and a day. But already we're nearing the end of November: eeek! sweetness - thanks for getting in touch : )

Hi aynsley_oh - can't help you with number 1 & 3, but I can try with #2: the marathon course. It was something I really wondered about last year myself. Here is a link to my 310xt file from last year:

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/129923086

Here is what I can remember.

1) Immediately coming out of T2 there is a pretty sharp downhill for the first couple of 400 meters or so. I imagine that this part of the course smokes a lot of quads if you are not ready.

2) There is a little up after that, but then it is mostly flat (maybe gently downhill?) to the horse park at about 1.75 miles.

3) From there you have a steeper downhill (maybe 500~600 meters) to Riverside Drive. You can stretch the legs out a bit here, but don't go crazy! Take a left on Riverside Drive.

4) Riverside Drive is a mostly flat out and back, but there is one little bump at about 3.5 miles. it is gradual going out, but on your way back it is short but will feel a little sharp.

5) The route follows right along the river, so it stays pretty flat, and the furthest bit out is fairly shaded. The turnaround is further out than it seems on the first go round, I think around the 5.5 mile mark. The Inspiration Zone is just a little bit before the turn around (maybe a half mile?) So be ready for dancing, and cheering - just when you need it.

6) At about 7ish miles, you go back up the little bump, and I would take it easy here at least on the first go-round. Even though this thing is short, it can really get your HR jacked, and right when you don't need it, because you are about to make a long pull back into town. It looked like there were quite a few dreams crushed on this little bump in the road. The good thing about getting to the top of this little hill is that you get to see the ski jumps which is a good reference point to remember on the second loop - it lets you know right where you are on the course.

7) From there you cruise on to the end of Riverside Drive (mile 8.75), where you take a right and IMMEDIATELY start the long pull back up toward town. The Hill is not steep, but it does go and go. If you managed your HR well while on the out-and-back, you can cruise up with no problem.

8) You top out at about 9.5 miles, and then you have a long, relatively flat pull to about 10.5 miles where you hit a short down hill, then back up at 10.75.

9) When you turn the corner at 10.75, be ready to climb the ladder - it is VERY steep for the next 100 meters, then  steep for another 300, but you also run into a huge crowd to cheer you on in town.

10) at 11.25 miles, you turn right for the out and back on Lake Placid Club drive, which is absolutely flat as a tabletop. Both bike and run special needs are just a 100 meters ahead, but honestly I cannot remember if you grab your run bag as you go out or when you come back in as I did not use bike or run SN bags. The turn around is about a mile out, then back to to the start line.

11) If you are on the first loop you take a left to head out and do it again; if you are on the second you will hang a right and go down the hill and into the oval. There will be tons of people here as well, soak it in, and zip up for your finishers photo.

12) You will run about 1/2 a lap around the oval, but the transition tents and stuff will keep you from seeing the finish line until you have less than 100 meters to go. If you are not racing for a Kona slot, take your time and get some space around you so you can really enjoy that last 60 meters.  Look up at the clock when you hit the straight away. Listen closely for Mike Reilly. Don't even touch your watch until you are well through the finish chute.

Hope this helps, and like I said - I have only run the course once and it is from memory. If anyone else has anything to add (or if I have gotten something wrong) fee free to chime in!

2011-11-21 9:05 AM
in reply to: #3907477

Extreme Veteran
Vermont
TankBoy - 2011-11-18 2:26 PM

247 days to go.

1/3 of the IMLP training year done!

Seems so far away until you put it this way. It goes by so fast though. Every year the race arrives and I am shocked it came so quickly. So for everyone racing, get busy, because you do not have as much time as you think. Just sayin'
2011-11-21 10:06 AM
in reply to: #3909088

Extreme Veteran
Vermont
TankBoy - 2011-11-20 3:51 PM

aynsley_oh - 2011-11-19 8:58 AM Wow! I just posted this race on my blog and see that there are so many of you signed up and already talking race details - super exciting! I haven't really trained for 3 years and I'm pretty stoked to be back in this - and feel so far away - any news or posts you got would rock... I miss the Van' Island training atmosphere. I was wondering a few questions... 1. accommodation: I found a really nice B and B in Keene Valley - would this be awkward location if I'm alone race day to get myself to the start? 2. marathon - how is the marathon - I couldn't find an elevation chart and I wondered about the kind of hills we may encounter on the run? 3. training on site in June 20th - 25th: Hope to train for a week on locatoin in the 2nd last week of June - any one else going to be around and want to ride the course or swim? okay okay - that is in forever and a day. But already we're nearing the end of November: eeek! sweetness - thanks for getting in touch : )

Hi aynsley_oh - can't help you with number 1 & 3, but I can try with #2: the marathon course. It was something I really wondered about last year myself. Here is a link to my 310xt file from last year:

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/129923086

Here is what I can remember.

1) Immediately coming out of T2 there is a pretty sharp downhill for the first couple of 400 meters or so. I imagine that this part of the course smokes a lot of quads if you are not ready.

2) There is a little up after that, but then it is mostly flat (maybe gently downhill?) to the horse park at about 1.75 miles.

3) From there you have a steeper downhill (maybe 500~600 meters) to Riverside Drive. You can stretch the legs out a bit here, but don't go crazy! Take a left on Riverside Drive.

4) Riverside Drive is a mostly flat out and back, but there is one little bump at about 3.5 miles. it is gradual going out, but on your way back it is short but will feel a little sharp.

5) The route follows right along the river, so it stays pretty flat, and the furthest bit out is fairly shaded. The turnaround is further out than it seems on the first go round, I think around the 5.5 mile mark. The Inspiration Zone is just a little bit before the turn around (maybe a half mile?) So be ready for dancing, and cheering - just when you need it.

6) At about 7ish miles, you go back up the little bump, and I would take it easy here at least on the first go-round. Even though this thing is short, it can really get your HR jacked, and right when you don't need it, because you are about to make a long pull back into town. It looked like there were quite a few dreams crushed on this little bump in the road. The good thing about getting to the top of this little hill is that you get to see the ski jumps which is a good reference point to remember on the second loop - it lets you know right where you are on the course.

7) From there you cruise on to the end of Riverside Drive (mile 8.75), where you take a right and IMMEDIATELY start the long pull back up toward town. The Hill is not steep, but it does go and go. If you managed your HR well while on the out-and-back, you can cruise up with no problem.

8) You top out at about 9.5 miles, and then you have a long, relatively flat pull to about 10.5 miles where you hit a short down hill, then back up at 10.75.

9) When you turn the corner at 10.75, be ready to climb the ladder - it is VERY steep for the next 100 meters, then  steep for another 300, but you also run into a huge crowd to cheer you on in town.

10) at 11.25 miles, you turn right for the out and back on Lake Placid Club drive, which is absolutely flat as a tabletop. Both bike and run special needs are just a 100 meters ahead, but honestly I cannot remember if you grab your run bag as you go out or when you come back in as I did not use bike or run SN bags. The turn around is about a mile out, then back to to the start line.

11) If you are on the first loop you take a left to head out and do it again; if you are on the second you will hang a right and go down the hill and into the oval. There will be tons of people here as well, soak it in, and zip up for your finishers photo.

12) You will run about 1/2 a lap around the oval, but the transition tents and stuff will keep you from seeing the finish line until you have less than 100 meters to go. If you are not racing for a Kona slot, take your time and get some space around you so you can really enjoy that last 60 meters.  Look up at the clock when you hit the straight away. Listen closely for Mike Reilly. Don't even touch your watch until you are well through the finish chute.

Hope this helps, and like I said - I have only run the course once and it is from memory. If anyone else has anything to add (or if I have gotten something wrong) fee free to chime in!

Hmmmm...you sure you have only done this once. This is a very accurate description of the run course. So accurate my legs starting hurting as I read the part about climbing the hill up to main street. Overall, I think the course is pretty fair and what you would expect to find in LP.
New Thread
General Discussion Iron Distance Race Groups » Ironman Lake Placid : Official Thread Rss Feed  

of 148