View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Littleton, Colorado
United States
Total Time = 45m 21s
Overall Rank = 89/282
Age Group = 50-59 Female
Age Group Rank = 3/8
Pre-race routine:

Regular stuff. Showered to wake myself up. Oatmeal minus the banana for breakfast (since I never made it to the store yesterday). Packed all kinds of "layers" because I didn't know what the weather would be like at the reservoir. Also took an extra pair of shoes and my Yak Trax. Felt like I was leaving for a week but wanted to be prepared for any and every thing.
Run
  • 45m 21s
  • 5 miles
  • 09m 04s  min/mile
Comments:

I did a little warm-up out to the speed limit sign and a few pickups on the way back. It ended up being chilly and a bit breezy but the sun was out and that made it feel warmer. I settled on just a warm long sleeve top. I should have kept my gloves on though because my hands were freezing the first half. Also ditched the Yak Trax.

My goal was to run this in 45 minutes. Almost but not quite. It was still a 5 mile PR for me. I took the first two miles at an easy pace and then picked it up. We were on the road going out and it was mainly dry. Coming back we were on the bike path and it was mostly snow packed and icy which slowed me down. That's part of dealing with what the good Lord gives you on race day. It's time he and I had a little chat because I'm sick and tired of running on snow and ice. Otherwise it was all good.

I heart my coach. She knows how to pull stuff out of me that I never knew I had. She was on the side lines cheering and was happy about my PR. She said I did awesome. Then she said she thinks there's more speed in me which translates into "enjoy today cuz we're back at it tomorrow!"
Post race
Warm down:

Does a sprint for the white chocolate macadamia nut cookies count as a warm down? It was between that and a stale bagel so enough said.

Event comments:

Several BTer's were doing the 10 mile course (I get to do that next month) but I kept with my usual string of luck and didn't see any of them. Honest guys ... I was lookin' for ya but ya'll must of been a blur of speed and grace cuz I never caught a glimpse.

Don't have the "official" results yet but I got a Frosty's Frozen Five drinking glass for placing 3rd in my age group. Although, when I looked at the results, I swear I came in 4th. Hmmmm ... someone might come knocking on my door demanding their drinking glass and I'm gonna have to fight them for it!

NOTE: Official results are now in. I get to keep my glass.

Last updated: 2007-10-25 12:00 AM
Running
00:45:21 | 05 miles | 09m 04s  min/mile
Age Group: 3/8
Overall: 89/282
Performance:
Course: Started at the Swim Beach parking lot then headed south on the main park road. At 2.5 miles turned onto the bike path and headed back to the finish.
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge
Organized?
Events on-time?
Lots of volunteers?
Plenty of drinks?
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5]

{postbutton}
2008-01-20 6:08 PM

User image

, North Carolina
Subject: Frosty's Frozen 5 Mile

2008-01-20 6:18 PM
in reply to: #1166723

User image

Elite
Evergreen, CO
Subject: RE: Frosty's Frozen 5 Mile

Congrats on placing!!  The final results will probably show you in 3rd.

We were all looking for you and Beka, but no luck.  We'll have to figure out a really good plan for the last race to make sure we meet.  Maybe a huge BT flag

2008-01-20 6:25 PM

User image

Expert
Wellington, North Island
Great job Mom. A PR always feels awesome AND you did it on snow and ice. You'll definitely get a sub-45 very soon.
2008-01-21 10:37 AM

User image

Pro
Broomfield, Colorado

LOL, that beer glass is cool!  I never saw you either, you probably left before I finished!  I will make a concerted effort to find you at the next one (I'm doing the 20).  Of course, if it's cold, it is just so hard to find anyone! 

Congrats on an awesome race Miss Speedy!

General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Frosty's Frozen 5 Mile Rss Feed