User image

Champion
Charlottesville, Virginia
Subject: RE: Miami Man International

How is the area where the tri is.  We are staying

Hotel Indigo - Miami-Dadeland
7600 N Kendall Dr
Miami, FL 33156

And were debating on getting another hotel for sunday night to go out in South Beach while there but if there is plenty to do in the area we might just stay there.

2008-10-23 11:09 AM
in reply to: #1525855

User image

Master
Boynton Beach, FL
velorider62 - 2008-07-13 1:27 PM

AngeloS - 2008-07-13 9:50 AMĀ  hey velorider....you doing the orientation rides? I'm hoping my work schedule allows me to ride one of them....not sure if I can keep up with you but maybe we can start together =)

Angelo...remember I live in the Redlands area...the bike course is my back yard...and...for that I have never done the Orientacion Bike Ride...but...I know the person in charge of that (Paul Kvedara)..but...if you want...when the race date is approching....during the month of October you can ride with us (My Buddy and me) we do the long Bike Rides on Sundays...and we can give you the tour...

Any link to when orientation rides are? I am doign HIM and would love to ride course prior. I am about an hour+ away, but worth it to have a glimpse. Also wouldn't mind a trail run in the lake with new wetsuite I just bought...

Thanks for any advice.
2008-10-23 11:16 AM
in reply to: #1502374

User image

Master
The Redlands, FL

I just sent an e-mail to Robert Childers (www.MultiRace.com) to see if Paul Kvedara is organizing the Miami Man Orientation Bike Ride like every year...

Opssss!!!  I just received answer from Robert....and he said that Paul will do the Orientation Bike Ride this weekend and the next one too.....Yahoooooo!!!

I'm sure Robert will send a notification to everybody from MultiRace....Stay tune!!!

Velo....

Edited by velorider62 2008-10-23 11:17 AM
2008-10-23 11:44 AM
in reply to: #1760910

User image

Master
The Redlands, FL
dalessit - 2008-10-23 8:40 AM

7600 N Kendall Dr
Miami, FL 33156

And were debating on getting another hotel for sunday night to go out in South Beach while there but if there is plenty to do in the area we might just stay there.

Hi Tony!!!

First....Your hotel looks like is in a good area....if it's Kendal...

Second...The area of the Race: The Transition Area/lake are located in the Larry& Penny T. Park next to the Metro Zoo Miami...nice area...the swim is in a crystal lake...if you are doing 1/2 Iron....You will have to do 2 laps...you go out of water and round a pole a go again to the water to do your 2nd lap.....then the Bike Course will be in the nursery/farm area of The Redlands....it's flat...the traffic will be controled for the Miami-Dade Police and MultiRace Staff....the roads are Ok....many smooth section and other ones rough....it's usually very windy...usually winds coming from NE...that means that you will have all kind of winds (tail/head/crosswinds) during your Bike Course....but....save your energy for the end cuz you will have the headwinds/crosswinds in your way back to Transition Area....Yahooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!! I hate the winds but I have learned to deal with them....this is my backyard....The winds last year were brutal.....Uffffffff!!! and if the weather continue like now...I think we will have strong winds this year....LOL Good Luck!!!
Third...The run starts in the Larry&Penny T. Park...first paved trail...then dirty trail to the Metro Zoo Miami....then inside the MetroZoo you will run on paved trail along the animal shows...it's really fun...you will enjoy the view of all the animals....then again you run on dirty trail to pass again to the Larry&Penny T. Park...exactly to the Campsite area...there you will start to run again in paved trail till the finish line....now if you are doing 1/2 Iron you will have to do 2 laps....Yahooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!
2008-10-23 1:32 PM
in reply to: #1761523

User image

Champion
Charlottesville, Virginia
velorider62 - 2008-10-23 12:44 PM

7600 N Kendall Dr
Miami, FL 33156

Hi Tony!!!

Second...The area of the Race: The Transition Area/lake are located in the Larry& Penny T. Park next to the Metro Zoo Miami...nice area...the swim is in a crystal lake...if you are doing 1/2 Iron....You will have to do 2 laps...you go out of water and round a pole a go again to the water to do your 2nd lap.....then the Bike Course will be in the nursery/farm area of The Redlands....it's flat...the traffic will be controled for the Miami-Dade Police and MultiRace Staff....the roads are Ok....many smooth section and other ones rough....it's usually very windy...usually winds coming from NE...that means that you will have all kind of winds (tail/head/crosswinds) during your Bike Course....but....save your energy for the end cuz you will have the headwinds/crosswinds in your way back to Transition Area....Yahooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!! I hate the winds but I have learned to deal with them....this is my backyard....The winds last year were brutal.....Uffffffff!!! and if the weather continue like now...I think we will have strong winds this year....LOL Good Luck!!!
Third...The run starts in the Larry&Penny T. Park...first paved trail...then dirty trail to the Metro Zoo Miami....then inside the MetroZoo you will run on paved trail along the animal shows...it's really fun...you will enjoy the view of all the animals....then again you run on dirty trail to pass again to the Larry&Penny T. Park...exactly to the Campsite area...there you will start to run again in paved trail till the finish line....now if you are doing 1/2 Iron you will have to do 2 laps....Yahooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

Thanks, wife ended up putting up a cheap price on priceline and we are staying in a nice hotel in South Beach on Sunday night to go out before heading back home.

2008-10-23 1:38 PM
in reply to: #1761833

User image

Master
The Redlands, FL
dalessit - 2008-10-23 2:32 PM
velorider62 - 2008-10-23 12:44 PM

7600 N Kendall Dr
Miami, FL 33156

Hi Tony!!!

Thanks, wife ended up putting up a cheap price on priceline and we are staying in a nice hotel in South Beach on Sunday night to go out before heading back home.

Cool!!! For you guys if you have never been in South Beach....will be an unique experince...Enjoy and Have Fun in South Beach....LOL

2008-10-24 10:34 AM
in reply to: #1761407

User image

Master
The Redlands, FL
cardenas1 - 2008-10-23 12:09 PM
velorider62 - 2008-07-13 1:27 PM

AngeloS - 2008-07-13 9:50 AM  hey velorider....you doing the orientation rides? I'm hoping my work schedule allows me to ride one of them....not sure if I can keep up with you but maybe we can start together =)

Angelo...remember I live in the Redlands area...the bike course is my back yard...and...for that I have never done the Orientacion Bike Ride...but...I know the person in charge of that (Paul Kvedara)..but...if you want...when the race date is approching....during the month of October you can ride with us (My Buddy and me) we do the long Bike Rides on Sundays...and we can give you the tour...

Any link to when orientation rides are? I am doign HIM and would love to ride course prior. I am about an hour+ away, but worth it to have a glimpse. Also wouldn't mind a trail run in the lake with new wetsuite I just bought... Thanks for any advice.

Hey Cardenas...

Robert form MultiRace sent the Weekly e-mail....and...MiamiMan Orientation Bike Ride this Sunday and next one too...

We will start on Larry&Penny T. Park...meeting at 7:00 am there...

See ya there Velo

Edited by velorider62 2008-10-24 10:35 AM
2008-10-25 8:34 AM

User image

Master
The Redlands, FL

Here is the Information about the Miami Man Orientation Bike Ride:

Sunday's at 7:00 a.m. at the Race Site
A big thanks goes out to Paul Kvedaras, President of the South Florida Triathletes for leading these Miami Man Orientations.  If you are racing and have a chance, this is a great thing to attend and learn all about the race.  Here's the scoop:
Miami Man 1/2 and International Distance Orientations:
Place: Larry and Penny Thompson Park
           Site # 2
Dates: Sunday October 26, 2008 & Sunday November 2, 2008
Time: 7:00am (Ride begins at 7:30 sharp for both distances)
Courses: Handouts will be given to everyone for the swim, bike and run portions of both courses
7:15am: We'll walk to the lake and I'll give everyone an idea of the swim portion
7:30am: Instructions on riding together will be given and group ride will start. Both the International and the 1/2 IM will be riden. Pace will be around 17 miles an hour. This is an orientation ride not a training ride. All cyclist will need to bring all their drinks, food and tire repair kits. There will be one stop at Fruit and Spice Park for 5 minutes after about 30 miles (End of first loop).
11:00-11:15am: - Arrival back at Larry and Penny Thompson Park.
11:15am: - Short 2 or 3 mile run.
All are welcome but if you ride please make sure you're capable of keeping up. No one will be left behind. This is a great way to learn the course and get comfortable with the area. 
2008-10-27 12:18 PM
in reply to: #1765522

User image

Master
Boynton Beach, FL
Thanks, got the email shortly after my post. Plan on being out there this Sunday for the orientation ride... Also will try to get pre-swim in if I can right after...
2008-10-27 12:36 PM

User image

Master
The Redlands, FL

Hey...

There is other Miami Man Bike Ride next Sunday....

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Miami Man International Rss Feed  

of 2