Canadian Triathlon Forum Ontario » Guelph Lake Weekend : Official Thread Rss Feed  
Moderators: Silver_wlf, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2009-06-19 10:07 AM
in reply to: #2218476

User image

Master
Toronto
Bronze member
Subject: RE: Guelph Lake Weekend : Official Thread
Looks like hot weather for the oly but those of us going tomorrow ... could be a mixed bag!

Oh well, should be fun anyway!  I am in the first wave in the Try a Tri! wooo!!

2009-06-19 10:37 AM

User image

Regular
Drayton
Just got in another short OWS at Lake Conestogo. I have nerves about the swim...havn't quite mastered it yet. I swim way way better in a pool.

I haven't biked in the rain really before, so i'm not too worried. What you don't know...right.

Good luck to everyone tomorrow.
2009-06-19 9:14 PM

Regular

OK I guess all the praying isn't going to work for a dry event.  But they are saying lighter rain in the afternoon just in time for the sprint.  Hopefully.  Safe travels everyone and enjoy the adventure it will be! 

2009-06-20 1:24 PM

User image

Regular
Drayton
Hey Guys

Well the rain hit. But the race went on...funny how it's starting to clear up now

Hope everyone that raced today had a good race. I had a challenging swim again, but it was better than my last event. My bike was really strong, and my run was ok. I finished in 55 minutes. A bit disappointed, but I'm really motivated to work on my swimming all summer, and see what kind of improvement I can have for sept.
2009-06-20 8:19 PM
in reply to: #2230776

User image

Master
Toronto
Bronze member
hexbinary - 2009-06-20 2:24 PM Hey Guys

Well the rain hit. But the race went on...funny how it's starting to clear up now

Hope everyone that raced today had a good race. I had a challenging swim again, but it was better than my last event. My bike was really strong, and my run was ok. I finished in 55 minutes. A bit disappointed, but I'm really motivated to work on my swimming all summer, and see what kind of improvement I can have for sept.

Way to go!!

Oh man, i think the sprint had it worse than use try a tri-ers. It was getting muddy in transition and then we went to lunch in Guelph and it was pouring!! Anyone do it that can chime in?

Anyway, I freaked out on the swim. It was just awful. Somehow i finished it and had a strong bike and run. Definitely can tell that i come from a running background! I am officially a triathlete today! :D though, i feel a bit of a fraud for the panicked splashing around I did in the water.
I was in the first wave and there were some really nice girls around - asked me if i was okay and pointed me in the right direction when I was starting to veer off!

Like you I am really determined to get this swimming thing. Next stop - more open water swimming.

Good luck to those doing the oly tomorrow!

2009-06-20 10:10 PM

User image

Regular
Drayton
Congrats Jen. Don't worry..the SAME thing happened to me 2 weeks ago. All we can do is work on our weeknesses.

Great job. You finished.

2009-06-20 10:45 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Guelph

Congrats to a successful day.

My hats off to anyone racing today in this weather. I waited too long and registration was closed. I've never seen an event sold out in years at Guelph. I usually wait till the day before I register and was surprised to see it sold out.

Don't worry about swim freak out. I freaked out in my first try a try and end up swimming so fast to get out of the water that I hurled once I was on dry land.

Hope to see some of you out at Belwood.

2009-06-21 9:03 AM
in reply to: #2231212

User image

I did the sprint - thankfully there was no pouring rain, but the transition was muddy as heck. (Especially the "in" from the swim, and the "out" for the run.)

Definitely could have done without the rain though - very "not summer".
2009-06-22 11:32 AM

Regular

I did the sprint too and it was very very wet and muddy.  I got stuck in the parking field and had to be pushed out.  Others were having a hard time on the slippery grass and muddy field.  Yes out of transition in one area was very muddy and they were telling us to be careful going out to do the run.  Race went well.....biking in the drizzling rain was better than I thought.  Another race to record and time to think about the next one - Belwood Lake!   Great job to everyone who raced Guelph Lake this weekend!!! 

New Thread
Canadian Triathlon Forum Ontario » Guelph Lake Weekend : Official Thread Rss Feed  

of 2