General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Take on the Heat Triathlon : Official Thread Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 6

2009-08-25 1:42 PM
in reply to: #2369643

User image

Veteran
Subject: RE: Take on the Heat Triathlon : Official Thread
Oh man, a new bar is set.  I am so going to get that deal, haha.  They should just go ahead and raise the white flag now and just hand it to me.  They really don't want to go through what they will be going through with me.

JBrashear - 2009-08-25 12:57 PM
Big_D - 2009-08-25 12:25 PM Yes, would love a new target for next year when I go bend work them over.  When I first signed up I got 4 of us for 3 years each at $69/year and the year to year after that period was $99/year.

Gary is right.

JBrashear - 2009-08-25 10:41 AM
jeffwhite - 2009-08-24 10:28 PM

First off...how the hell did you get $99 for one year at 24 hour?  We pay just over $50 per month for the wife and I.  We get multiple clubs, but damn...you get 10 months free!!! 

Should I tell you how much I pay a year for my 24-hour membership?

$20/year. I paid 1 year upfront, got 2 more for free, and renewals are $20/year until the end of time. They hate me.

2009-08-25 1:52 PM
in reply to: #2369813

User image

Pro
Texas
Big_D - 2009-08-25 1:42 PM

Oh man, a new bar is set.  I am so going to get that deal, haha.  They should just go ahead and raise the white flag now and just hand it to me.  They really don't want to go through what they will be going through with me.

JBrashear - 2009-08-25 12:57 PM
Big_D - 2009-08-25 12:25 PM Yes, would love a new target for next year when I go bend work them over.  When I first signed up I got 4 of us for 3 years each at $69/year and the year to year after that period was $99/year.

Gary is right.

JBrashear - 2009-08-25 10:41 AM
jeffwhite - 2009-08-24 10:28 PM

First off...how the hell did you get $99 for one year at 24 hour?  We pay just over $50 per month for the wife and I.  We get multiple clubs, but damn...you get 10 months free!!! 

Should I tell you how much I pay a year for my 24-hour membership?

$20/year. I paid 1 year upfront, got 2 more for free, and renewals are $20/year until the end of time. They hate me.

Yea, every time I come in to renew they look at me like an albino alligator just crawled through the door. Most of them haven't been working there long enough to remember that offer.
2009-08-25 2:21 PM
in reply to: #2369805

New user
Big_D - 2009-08-25 1:40 PM For pool swims, TTT has it hands down.  Go to a couple workouts for both teams and then join the one you like the most or join both, they are both very reasonably priced.  I am a member of Frisco and really enjoy everything from the workouts, to the socials, to the camaraderie, to having a group of people to hang out with after the race.  I think you will get that with either of the clubs.  

jeffwhite - 2009-08-25 12:51 PM I just got off the phone with 24 hour, and they are no longer offering a promotion like you have.  My price is "less than $1 per day and I get to work out at over 400 clubs world wide".  I told him I liked his marketing pitch, but that all of "my firends" got such great deals.  He said that there was nothing that he could do for me right now...I would switch gyms, but my wife loves the fact that it is 90 seconds from home. 

As far as the TTT fee...what does the $75 cover if you have to pay $45 per month to swim?  So I pay $75 to ride on Sunday mornings?  I think I know the route now...I'll just start down the street from them nad save the $$$...I was looking to join a club, and really liked them and FTC, but was leaning to TTT becasue of the free swim/bike group stuff...

Frisco Tri is really close to me, and a lot cheaper...is there any real difference?

your thoughts? 

Oh, and Andy...YES...plenty of BEER!!!

I can join both?  That's not a conflict of interest?  Maybe this should be like college recruiting trips, and the groups should try to get me to join!!!  Bring me out for a weekend, good parties, good people...make it hard to say no. Or maybe they could offer me a scholarship!!!

And if I join both, what do I wear at the races? 
2009-08-25 2:36 PM
in reply to: #2365258

User image

I liked the cannon ball! You were a few in front of me in line for the swim, I was so nervous (I always choke on the swim) and it made me laugh. Calmed my nerves a bit.
2009-08-25 2:39 PM
in reply to: #2369924

User image

Veteran
jeffwhite - 2009-08-25 2:21 PM
Big_D - 2009-08-25 1:40 PM For pool swims, TTT has it hands down.  Go to a couple workouts for both teams and then join the one you like the most or join both, they are both very reasonably priced.  I am a member of Frisco and really enjoy everything from the workouts, to the socials, to the camaraderie, to having a group of people to hang out with after the race.  I think you will get that with either of the clubs.  

jeffwhite - 2009-08-25 12:51 PM I just got off the phone with 24 hour, and they are no longer offering a promotion like you have.  My price is "less than $1 per day and I get to work out at over 400 clubs world wide".  I told him I liked his marketing pitch, but that all of "my firends" got such great deals.  He said that there was nothing that he could do for me right now...I would switch gyms, but my wife loves the fact that it is 90 seconds from home. 

As far as the TTT fee...what does the $75 cover if you have to pay $45 per month to swim?  So I pay $75 to ride on Sunday mornings?  I think I know the route now...I'll just start down the street from them nad save the $$$...I was looking to join a club, and really liked them and FTC, but was leaning to TTT becasue of the free swim/bike group stuff...

Frisco Tri is really close to me, and a lot cheaper...is there any real difference?

your thoughts? 

I can join both?  That's not a conflict of interest?  Maybe this should be like college recruiting trips, and the groups should try to get me to join!!!  Bring me out for a weekend, good parties, good people...make it hard to say no. Or maybe they could offer me a scholarship!!!

And if I join both, what do I wear at the races? 

No problem joining both on the Frisco end, can't see why not.  Up to you on what you want to wear on race day, you don't have to buy the uniform unless you want to.  It will be an easy decision for you because they are completely different looking and you will like one or the other.  Here are some pictures from the race this weekend (kind of our coming out party, first race with the uniforms and had about 25 athletes racing) http://picasaweb.google.com/friscotriathlonclub/TakeOnTheHeat#/>
2009-08-25 3:04 PM
in reply to: #2312461

User image

My race did not go exactly as planned, wiped out on the bike course do to a pothole in the road. I was returning my water bottle to the cage and only had one hand on the bike so the accident was completely my fault. This was my first crash on the bike and I have been beating myself up for being so careless. After reading some of your posts I am glad to know I was not the only one who struggled with the holes in the road. Proud to say I still finished the race dripping blood and all. Not my best time but feels good to know I finished. Congrats to all of you for a good race!

2009-08-25 5:30 PM
in reply to: #2370067

User image

Champion
Dallas, TX
1sttrigirl - 2009-08-25 3:04 PM

My race did not go exactly as planned, wiped out on the bike course do to a pothole in the road. I was returning my water bottle to the cage and only had one hand on the bike so the accident was completely my fault. This was my first crash on the bike and I have been beating myself up for being so careless. After reading some of your posts I am glad to know I was not the only one who struggled with the holes in the road. Proud to say I still finished the race dripping blood and all. Not my best time but feels good to know I finished. Congrats to all of you for a good race!

Dang, that's horrible! I'm really sorry to hear it!

There were some NASTY potholes and cracks on that course. You had to watch carefully to avoid them. I worried what it would be like once the course got crowded. It's hard to dodge left if someone is sitting over there passing you.

Thank goodness nothing was broken, but those roads were really bad in some spots.

2009-08-25 6:52 PM
in reply to: #2370404

User image

Champion
Frisco, TX

1sttrigirl - 2009-08-25 3:04 PM

Sorry to hear about your wreck - way to suck it up and finish!

2009-08-25 7:01 PM

User image

Champion
Frisco, TX

Karen, you do not want to swim at LA Fitness - the water is always "cool" - a bit bracing at first, but after 100 yds, I don't notice.  Then again, I am somewhat well insulated

2009-08-25 8:04 PM

User image

Expert
Frisco
the 24 in addison is twice as hot as the one off preston. its to the point where I am calling them now to see about raising the temp.
2009-08-25 8:29 PM
in reply to: #2370514

User image

Pro
Texas
Karen hates any water that's below 80.

ashort33 - 2009-08-25 7:01 PM

Karen, you do not want to swim at LA Fitness - the water is always "cool" - a bit bracing at first, but after 100 yds, I don't notice.  Then again, I am somewhat well insulated

2009-08-25 8:33 PM
in reply to: #2370667

User image

Champion
Frisco, TX

JBrashear - 2009-08-25 8:29 PM Karen hates any water that's below 80.
ashort33 - 2009-08-25 7:01 PM

Then there would be a lot of hatin' at LA!  I think the temp is usually 72-75...  Wet suit legal though...

Edited by ashort33 2009-08-25 8:33 PM
2009-08-25 10:10 PM
in reply to: #2369770

New user
Big_D - 2009-08-25 1:31 PM Costco even has it posted online.

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?whse=BC&topnav=&prodid=11295243&ec=BC-EC877-CatHome&pos=13&lang=en-US

If I ever feel like I can wake up early morning to work out, I would be all over the TTT deal.  $75 for two workouts a week at a nice facility with a coach on deck, no brainer (besides the time of day).

Gaarryy - 2009-08-25 1:17 PM

your thoughts? 

next time I go into costco,, I'll check to see if they are still selling the 2yr for 299 package....

This is for NEW members only...can you believe that they told me that it would not be accepted if I purchased it...I have to NOT be a member for 30 days.  They are willing to let me walk out the door with the hopes that I will come back in a month...what kind of business plan is that?
2009-08-26 1:28 AM
in reply to: #2370820

User image

Veteran
jeffwhite - 2009-08-25 10:10 PM
Big_D - 2009-08-25 1:31 PM Costco even has it posted online.

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?whse=BC&topnav=&prodid=11295243&ec=BC-EC877-CatHome&pos=13&lang=en-US

If I ever feel like I can wake up early morning to work out, I would be all over the TTT deal.  $75 for two workouts a week at a nice facility with a coach on deck, no brainer (besides the time of day).

Gaarryy - 2009-08-25 1:17 PM

your thoughts? 

next time I go into costco,, I'll check to see if they are still selling the 2yr for 299 package....

This is for NEW members only...can you believe that they told me that it would not be accepted if I purchased it...I have to NOT be a member for 30 days.  They are willing to let me walk out the door with the hopes that I will come back in a month...what kind of business plan is that?
I spoke to one of the managers when I renewed and told him my friend was going to quit and join another gym and he said he would offer her the same deal I had and that he would rather keep someone at a lower rate than loose them. I forgot his name, Brandon or something at the Frisco location. Talk to a manager instead of a salesperson. He said any of the managers would do it. If I remember right, he had just moved to town from Utah. Might be a way to figure out who he is and ask for him. Then pull the old, my friend said to talk to you and you would do this....
2009-08-26 12:28 PM
in reply to: #2369649

User image

Extreme Veteran
Dallas, TX

I can only speak of TTT. I've only been a member since April but $75 is the annual fee and can participate in ALL TTT group work-outs. Wed, Fri: Swim, Sunday OWS & Group ride from pier 121. So no, you do not have to pay an additional $45 for the swim. The $45 is for a membership to lifetime fitness, I believe. Plus you can drop in the other group workouts hosted by the other teams in the tri community. Check out the website and Coach Kristen's email will be on just about every page. She would know alot more than I. She and all the other coaches are very friendly and helpful.
http://www.texastriplethreat.com/

But go with the team that is going to fit your needs best and you're the most comfortable with.

that's really the big perk...when you join either Texas Triple Threat, Negative Split, or Gorilla Multisport...you are able to participate in any of the three team's group workouts.  That means at least 3 supported open water swims per month and at least 9 group workout options per week for an annual fee of $75.  Essentially it's like joining three teams for the price of one.

Edited by bmcgee 2009-08-26 12:29 PM
2009-08-27 11:35 AM
in reply to: #2372003

User image

Veteran
Plano, TX

bmcgee - 2009-08-26 12:28 PM

I can only speak of TTT. I've only been a member since April but $75 is the annual fee and can participate in ALL TTT group work-outs. Wed, Fri: Swim, Sunday OWS & Group ride from pier 121. So no, you do not have to pay an additional $45 for the swim. The $45 is for a membership to lifetime fitness, I believe. Plus you can drop in the other group workouts hosted by the other teams in the tri community. Check out the website and Coach Kristen's email will be on just about every page. She would know alot more than I. She and all the other coaches are very friendly and helpful.

But go with the team that is going to fit your needs best and you're the most comfortable with.

that's really the big perk...when you join either Texas Triple Threat, Negative Split, or Gorilla Multisport...you are able to participate in any of the three team's group workouts.  That means at least 3 supported open water swims per month and at least 9 group workout options per week for an annual fee of $75.  Essentially it's like joining three teams for the price of one.

I've been looking at joining TTT but their fee says $75 good until the end of the year.  If I pay now, would I have to pay again in January?  If so, I'll continue swimming at 24hr @ Park/Ohio and riding with PBA on the weekends.  It does look like a great deal though getting to work out with all three Tri communities listed there.

2009-08-27 12:43 PM
in reply to: #2374128

User image

Champion
Dallas, TX
wkirbytri - 2009-08-27 11:35 AM

bmcgee - 2009-08-26 12:28 PM

I've been looking at joining TTT but their fee says $75 good until the end of the year.  If I pay now, would I have to pay again in January?  If so, I'll continue swimming at 24hr @ Park/Ohio and riding with PBA on the weekends.  It does look like a great deal though getting to work out with all three Tri communities listed there.

Yeah... you just renew each January. So obviously you get more bang for your buck if you don't pay the $75 with only 4 months left in the year.

2009-08-27 4:42 PM

User image

Champion
Dallas, TX
FYI- The race photos are up.

I'm not sure how they capture my cellulite in motion... but they have a real talent for it. WOW! Not good at all.

Then the one silly shot Tim and I did when we went out to do the run course the 2nd time... they totally missed getting us with our hands in the air!

2009-08-29 10:57 PM
in reply to: #2375054

User image

Your cracking me up! I just saw my pictures and was wondering the same thing......how is it that in every photo that bit of extra fat I just can't seem to get rid of is captures so perfectly. I was really disappointed they did not have any photos of the finish line, unless I just missed them. It was two of my girlfriends first tri and it would have been really cool to have a pic of them finishing. They both worked so hard to get there.

2009-08-29 11:34 PM
in reply to: #2375054

User image

Veteran
KSH - 2009-08-27 4:42 PMFYI- The race photos are up. I'm not sure how they capture my cellulite in motion... but they have a real talent for it. WOW! Not good at all. Then the one silly shot Tim and I did when we went out to do the run course the 2nd time... they totally missed getting us with our hands in the air!
Just looked at the photos I took of you, looks like I captured the real Karen, cellulite free. You look pretty ripped in all of the ones I got....
2009-08-30 10:33 AM
in reply to: #2378499

User image

Pro
Texas
Big_D - 2009-08-29 11:34 PM

KSH - 2009-08-27 4:42 PMFYI- The race photos are up. I'm not sure how they capture my cellulite in motion... but they have a real talent for it. WOW! Not good at all. Then the one silly shot Tim and I did when we went out to do the run course the 2nd time... they totally missed getting us with our hands in the air!
Just looked at the photos I took of you, looks like I captured the real Karen, cellulite free. You look pretty ripped in all of the ones I got....

Yea, she usually hates her race photos despite most of them looking good. Some of these rank up there with the best she's ever had imo.

2009-08-30 11:17 AM
in reply to: #2378759

User image

Champion
Dallas, TX
JBrashear - 2009-08-30 10:33 AM

Big_D - 2009-08-29 11:34 PM

Yea, she usually hates her race photos despite most of them looking good. Some of these rank up there with the best she's ever had imo.

Derek's pictures were better than what the race photographer got.

The race photos.. yuck. Maybe they were just too close when they took them?

2009-09-09 5:17 PM

User image

just wondering if you anyone got thier refund due to the date change? I still haven't gotten mine.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Take on the Heat Triathlon : Official Thread Rss Feed  

of 6