BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Trishie's Tri Chicks - CLOSED! Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 12

2009-12-28 10:12 AM
in reply to: #2576738

User image

Pro
Burbs
Subject: RE: Trishie's Tri Chicks - CLOSED!

Edited by trishie 2009-12-28 10:16 AM

2009-12-28 6:45 PM

User image

Expert
, North Carolina
Oh wow... you sure are popular Trishie!  I enjoyed reading everyone's introduction.  Looks like we have quite a diverse group of ladies with a diverse set of goals, which will make this fun!

I'm going out of town tomorrow to go ziplining and snow tubing with my son; but will be ready to hit the ground running when I get back!

2009-12-28 8:56 PM
in reply to: #2579703

User image

Veteran
Subject: RE: Trishie's Tri Chicks - OPEN !
ohiotrigirl - 2009-12-28 8:48 AM Hi Stephanie... I noticed you were planning on running the Iron Girl Atlanta this year and I am too!  Have you run it before???? I am very excited!  Take Care,
Tara

Tara, I did Irongirl Atlanta this year as my first official triathlon. I can not say enough good things about the event. The atmosphere is very motivating and everyone is super positive. It is really neat to compete in a field of all women.

Let me know what specific questions you have any I will be happy to answer them
2009-12-28 9:01 PM

User image

Pro
Burbs
I saw IronGirl Atlanta on tv a few months ago.... cried my eyes out WHILE on my bike trainer.

(no wonder husband thinks I'm nuts!)

If you haven't filled out your "story" / background info please do so when you can so we can all get to know each other better

Also, please start filling out your training logs. It's SO motivating to see those little pink squares. I know it's the off season but if you are training fill out those logs !

Anyone have any races coming up in the next month or so??
2009-12-28 9:04 PM
in reply to: #2580921

User image

Pro
Burbs
maria40nc - 2009-12-28 7:45 PM Oh wow... you sure are popular Trishie!  I enjoyed reading everyone's introduction.  Looks like we have quite a diverse group of ladies with a diverse set of goals, which will make this fun!

I'm going out of town tomorrow to go ziplining and snow tubing with my son; but will be ready to hit the ground running when I get back!

sounds like a blast, maria -- enjoy it !
2009-12-28 9:05 PM
in reply to: #2579118

User image

Pro
Burbs
waltontl - 2009-12-27 5:15 PM I would love to join your group!  I am in desparate need of a mentor for my first tri.  I have registered for the Danskin Tri in August - .5m swim, 15.5m bike ride, and 3.1m run.  I also love to plan and it's the details about the race that scare me - especially the transitions.  I am already running a 5K (very slowly) and don't expect the bike to be too tough, but the swim scares me to death!  I am unconventionally athletic (through krav maga) and don't really lift weights at all.

I'm looking very forward to my tri, but it scares me, too.

Thanks,  Tania

Hey Tania --- welcome !

very cool that you do krav magna -- I don't know a lot about it but I know you must be pretty hardcore.

the swim scares a lot of people to death - don't worry about it --- you have plenty of time to learn.  Danskin is an all-women's tri, right?

2009-12-28 9:07 PM
in reply to: #2579200

User image

Pro
Burbs
IronDiva - 2009-12-27 6:10 PM Yay for all-girl groups! I would love to be a part of this one!

NAME: IronDiva/Erika

STORY: My mom used to swim IM relays in my hometown of Santa Rosa, CA (Vineman!) so tri has been in my life since a very young age. I was an artistic little kid who eventually grew up to become an opera singer living in NYC. Hence the "diva" in my handle. However, I've always been an active person, and loved swimming, taking spin classes, etc. It's a nice change from my musical life, but also complements the physical aspects of performing quite nicely.
Anyway. In 2008 I decided to let go of a lot my perfectionist tendencies/fears of failure and train for a half-marathon. My goal was just to finish, and I ended up coming in at 2:02, which I thought was pretty great for my first race ever. Now that I knew I could handle the run, I was sure I was ready for tri, and in 2009 I finished 4 Olys (best time 2:52) and another half marathon (1:58).So this season is the year of HIM. And bettering my Oly time, of course.

FAMILY STATUS: Single in the big city.

CURRENT TRAINING: Base training for IM Orlando in May. 2-3 bikes, 2-3 runs, 2-3 swims, 2 weight workouts, yoga whenever I can squeeze it in. I can't lie, I am STRESSED about getting all of my training in, while working a day job, performing, and maintaining some semblance of a social life. Oh, and sleeping and feeding myself.

2009 RACES: NYC Tri, Mossman Tri, Diamond Girl Tri (Olympic-plus distance), Mighty Hamptons Tri, Queens Half-Marathon

2010 RACES: NYC Half-Marathon (I hope...it's a lottery) in March, IM 70.3 Orlando in May. More to come, once my singing schedule gets nailed down.

WEIGHTLOSS: Not a priority, but I know I'd be faster if I lost 10-15... I also went veggie last year, and am finding whole food nutrition + busy schedule to be a particularly challenging combo.I'm excited to meet the group and have a great race season together!!!

Opera singer in NYC? girl, how cool are YOU?!

Looks like you and me are tied for Oly PRs pretty cool.

Don't stress about getting in all of your trianing for Orlando 70.3. Remember that is a hobby and it's supposed to be FUN ! Make sure you get in a few long rides/ runs/ swims and don't fret if you miss a few workouts. Everyone does ! Excited to follow your training
2009-12-28 9:09 PM
in reply to: #2579221

User image

Pro
Burbs
jlmiller2 - 2009-12-27 6:37 PM Hey Trish,

Your forum was awesome!! haah you sound really cool.  My name is Jennifer Miller and I am a 28 year old nurse from Rochester, NY.  I have run my whole life, through College, which consisted of running DI for  three years.  I have since then just "run for fun," but am now looking for something more exciting and vigerous.

I am married to my wonderful, handsome husband for a year and a half, ahah you have a couple on me, and he actually wants to train with me in the spring, but i dont want to wait..i can get alot done between now and then!!

I too, like you, like a schedule, but am ok just flying by the seat of my pants as well.  With my nursing schedule, I will work better on some type of schedule, which at times will probably have to be switched around to work around my nights.

I am not run any races in the past 2 years or so.  My goals for 2010 would be to at least complete a sprint tri, if not an olympic.  I have done a team tri, where I just ran, but feel  and know I am strong enough to do all three.

Hope you have room for one more!!!!

Jenn Miller

Hey Jenn!

I have family in Rochester -- hope you are staying warm. Brrrrrrrrrr.

You must be a speedser if you ran D1 in school -- who did you run for ?

You are def strong enough to do a whole tri -- have you found any to sign up for yet? I find that having a race on my calendar is great motivation to train
2009-12-28 9:11 PM
in reply to: #2579252

User image

Pro
Burbs
LadyBanks - 2009-12-27 7:01 PM Hi Trishie's is there still room in your all-girls tri group? I would love to join!

NAME: LadyBanks / Princess (My real name)

STORY: I was an athlete (track & Field) all my life until I got married 15yrs ago. After having my kids I became sedentary, although I always longed to be active again. So of course I packed on the pounds and being 5ft and overweight is not especially sexy (at least to me). I have been wanting to do a tri for a few years now but I just could not wrap my mind about the training schedule. I even bought tri books about training and surviving the first Tri. I am hoping that this will truly help me.

FAMILY STATUS: Divorced (soon to reconcile) w/ 2 teenage boys

CURRENT TRAINING: I am planning to start my training Jan. 4, 2010. I figure that I should be able to complete most of my training in the gym setting until I am able to get a bike.

2009 RACES: Never completed any races

2010 RACES: Not sure which races that I want to do yet.

WEIGHTLOSS: My goal is to lose 50lbs while maintaining the underlying muscle that I still have I am hoping that by training for a tri I am able to regain my activeness and become the sexy diva I once was! I also want the privilege and accomplishment of finishing a Tri!!

Welcome to the group ! You will not just survive your first tri -- you will rock and enjoy it
I would look around for races in your area --- maybe a sprint or a super sprint to start off?

2009-12-28 9:14 PM
in reply to: #2579265

User image

Pro
Burbs
mekira - 2009-12-27 7:22 PM I'd love to join your group if there is still room NAME: Patricia STORY: I've always been into sports : figure skating from 4-18, then weight training and dancing and back to figure skating at 30. I did adut syncho skating for a few years until I started running in order to be able do to the 3.5 minute routines without dying. Of course being an internet geek, I started reading everything I could about running online and stumbled upon triathlons throughout my research. Hum I can do that I said...... So I joined a club (needs structure) and last year I did 4 sprint tris and a duathlon. I still consider myself a newbie though because I feel I just scratched the surface of the sport (I came in last or second to last in every race I did LOL) FAMILY STATUS: 44 year old mother of a teenager (god help me lol) I've been with my bf for 10 years and no he's not into tris but he's very supportive of all my hobbies CURRENT TRAINING: Right now, I'm just running every second day. I have problems with my back which makes swimming a challenge so I'm concentrating on running and indoor biking (I live in Canada - It's winter here). 2009 RACES: Like I said, I did 4 sprint triathlons and a duathlon. 2010 RACES: For sure the Ottawa half marathon in May. I'll be training for that starting January. I'll also be biking and swimming just once a week. I want to do an Oly in 2010. I also want to do more duathlons, I liked that. So I'll be doing a mix of sprints, dus and an Oly. WEIGHTLOSS: I'm 5'1 also and I weight 130. I'm not looking to lose any weight but I started weight training so I can become stronger and add a bit of muscle to my frame (especially the upper body, I get injured easily) I'm a member of an all girl bike club so I like the idea of an all girl support group That's all for now Patricia

another Patricia ! (tis my real "official" name)

mother of a teenager -- yikes! boy or girl? very cool that your bf is supportive -- you'll need someone to lug your bike to and from races and men come in handy that way. haha.

Very cool that you are signed up for your first half marathon ! Which plan - if any - are you following? I really like Hal Higdon's plans... Galloway is good too.

Do you still skate? One of my cowokers was/ is a figure skater (no longer competes but still skates for fun/ teaches)
2009-12-28 9:15 PM
in reply to: #2579309

User image

Pro
Burbs
trigrl92596 - 2009-12-27 8:02 PM Hi Trish.
My name is Katrina and I would love to join this group.  I am so excited to have found this site to help me get to my goal of doing a few sprint tri's this year.  I am a former competitive kickboxer.  I had knee surgery last year and just started running again last month.  I have already signed up to do two tri's and Muddy Buddy in 2010!!

I look forward to hearing all your great advice!!

All the Best!!

Kat 

Hey Kat!

Former competitive kickboxer? that's awesome !

Ohhh I really want to do a Muddy  Buddy -- you'll have to post pictures.

Where/ when are your tris??

2009-12-28 9:17 PM
in reply to: #2579335

User image

Pro
Burbs

ohiotrigirl - 2009-12-27 8:24 PM Hi Trish....  My name is Tara and I sure hope there is still room open in your mentoring group!  I am signing up Dec 31 for the Iron Girl Atlanta that is exactly 6 months from today!  Never have done a triathon before however began running in March of 2009 and completed 4 5Ks during the course of the summer/early fall.  I ended up with h1n1 and pneumonia in October so I had to take a break from running and am ready to begin again.  Two of my best friends are joining me for the Iron Girl and it is there first tri also!  Quite a bit intimidating!!! I also will be running more 5K's and possibly 10 K's in 2010 and hopefully doing tri races closer to where I live.  We decided Iron Girl Atlanta as our big race of the year and want to do one BIG race a year for motivation and time for just us girls!  Love how training makes me feel... and excited about having a mentor. 
I am 38 years old, married for 15 years, and have 2 children (ages 13 and 10) that I want to be a healthy, active role model for.  I hope we get to work together. 

Hey Tara

Like I said ^^^ I saw Iron Girl Atlanta on tv this year -- looks like a GREAT race! I volunteered at packet pick up for Irongirl Columbia (maryland) this year and saw all the cool swag they give out -- socks, tshirts, water bottles, etc.

Very cool that two of your girlfriends are joining you -- it will make your first tri that much more special.

I'm sure your kids are really proud of you

2009-12-28 9:19 PM
in reply to: #2579345

User image

Pro
Burbs
stefanier - 2009-12-27 8:33 PM Trish, I follow your blog on blogspot and would be honored to be a mentee!!!

NAME: Stefanie

STORY: IN January 2005 I worked the finish line of the Disney Marathon handing out medals. It was extremely motivating especially in the 5th, 6th and 7th hours. It was then that I made the decision that at some point I would take up running. I finially starting running in March 2006 and to date have finished 2 marathons, 8 half marathons and a multitude of other smaller distance races.

In January of this year I took at Triathlon training class and I am hooked. I managed to squeeze in 4 triathlons this year and have already signed up for my first HIM. I might be one of the slower kids out there but I am having a ton of fun.

FAMILY STATUS: I am married and am very lucky that my excitement for running and triathlons has rubbed off on the husband. We are training for the HIM together even though he is tons faster than I am and has only been running/doing anything triathlon since January 2009.

CURRENT TRAINING:
I typically schedule out my training a month at a time because I have nice calendar that hangs on the wall reminding me what the work out of the day is. I try to get in 3 workouts a week in each discipline. However right now I am coming off of a 3 week long rest period and will be working on skill work for about the next month or so.

2009 RACES:

January 11Disney Marathon6:47:48
June 28Aflac Irongirl Atlanta (Sprint)2:10:56
July 25Make It By Midnight Half Marathon3:11:00
August 22TriPTC (Sprint)1:36:26
September 19Vidalia Onion Sprint Triathlon1:27:38
October 25TriCooter (Sprint)1:25:03
November 14Chickamauga Battlefield Half Marathon2:39:17 (PR!!!)
November 28Bartram Forest Trail Marathon6:32:00 (PR)

2010 RACES:  (These are on the calendar thus far)

January 16Museum of Aviation Half Marathon
January 31Ocala Half Marathon
March 6Snickers Energy Bar Half Marathon
June 27Irongirl Atlanta (Sprint)
August 21Tri PTC (Sprint)
September 26Ironman August 70.3

WEIGHTLOSS: Well 7 years ago I weighed in at over 200lbs (College days). I lost a bit of weight before my wedding and then gained a tiny bit back. But overall I am down 50lbs from my heaviest. My goal is 135 which means I have 15 lbs to lose this year.

WHAT WILL MAKE ME A GOOD MENTEE:
Because I am super awesome. JK I update my logs daily and I have a very active blog on Blogspot.

You've got a hm coming up in a few weeks -- how are you feeling ?

http://theprincessrunner.blogspot.com/
I promise to participate and I am great at motivating people. I need the accountability of a mentor!

Congrats on the weight loss ! and the races ! and the tris! and signing up for your first HIM ! love that you are your husband are both doing it -- that's awesome.
2009-12-28 9:21 PM
in reply to: #2579354

User image

Pro
Burbs
funkytwinkie - 2009-12-27 8:39 PM

Hello ladies (: I'm a total newbie, but I'd love to get some help with my first olympic tri up north in Canada (:

NAME: Jiyoon

STORY: I've been quite active during the summer to lose weight...but since school started, I've let myself down and gain a lot of the weight back ): I've done one half marathon, and I'm doing this triathlon to raise awareness for neglected tropical diseases (: Really excited to lose weight this time and keep it down for good! And help out the kids along the way as well!

FAMILY STATUS:  21 year old single, junior at University of British Columbia in Vancouver, BC, CANADA!

CURRENT TRAINING:  Started 20 week olympic plan (swim focused) with May 16th as race day

2009 RACES: Umm...none

2010 RACES: The UBC Triathlon Race Series! (:

WEIGHTLOSS: Goal is to lose 30 lbs, and get a six pack!!! (:

Thank you! I really don't know anything about triathlons, (or what triathletes are like...but I hear they're crazier than the runners) so I hope I can get some help (;

Hey Lisa

welcome to the sports ! awesome that you are doing tris for charity -- what a great way to get in shape, stay moviated, and help others.

Triathletes, yes, are crazy folk, but most are very friendly and helpful you'll find a lot of helpful people on race day willing to answer your questions and cheer you on.

What are you studying at school??

2009-12-29 1:14 PM

User image

Pro
Burbs
2009-12-29 4:11 PM

Hi Gals!!!! I am trying to get everybody as friends on training logs but have only been on this website for less than a week.... feeling a bit ummmm overwhelmed!  I hope everyone is doing well!  I am going to the YMCA for a swim and do some biking to get a good base for myself.  Those two things are new to me and I have only run in 5K's.... riding the hills is something that is freaking me out a bit.... with training once the weather breaks in OHIO I'm hoping to overcome this fear.  So... all you girls have a great day!!!!

Tara

2009-12-29 5:08 PM
in reply to: #2581158

User image

Regular
Montreal, Quebec
trishie - 2009-12-28 10:14 PM

mekira - 2009-12-27 7:22 PM I'd love to join your group if there is still room NAME: Patricia STORY: I've always been into sports : figure skating from 4-18, then weight training and dancing and back to figure skating at 30. I did adut syncho skating for a few years until I started running in order to be able do to the 3.5 minute routines without dying. Of course being an internet geek, I started reading everything I could about running online and stumbled upon triathlons throughout my research. Hum I can do that I said...... So I joined a club (needs structure) and last year I did 4 sprint tris and a duathlon. I still consider myself a newbie though because I feel I just scratched the surface of the sport (I came in last or second to last in every race I did LOL) FAMILY STATUS: 44 year old mother of a teenager (god help me lol) I've been with my bf for 10 years and no he's not into tris but he's very supportive of all my hobbies CURRENT TRAINING: Right now, I'm just running every second day. I have problems with my back which makes swimming a challenge so I'm concentrating on running and indoor biking (I live in Canada - It's winter here). 2009 RACES: Like I said, I did 4 sprint triathlons and a duathlon. 2010 RACES: For sure the Ottawa half marathon in May. I'll be training for that starting January. I'll also be biking and swimming just once a week. I want to do an Oly in 2010. I also want to do more duathlons, I liked that. So I'll be doing a mix of sprints, dus and an Oly. WEIGHTLOSS: I'm 5'1 also and I weight 130. I'm not looking to lose any weight but I started weight training so I can become stronger and add a bit of muscle to my frame (especially the upper body, I get injured easily) I'm a member of an all girl bike club so I like the idea of an all girl support group That's all for now Patricia

another Patricia ! (tis my real "official" name)

mother of a teenager -- yikes! boy or girl? very cool that your bf is supportive -- you'll need someone to lug your bike to and from races and men come in handy that way. haha.

Very cool that you are signed up for your first half marathon ! Which plan - if any - are you following? I really like Hal Higdon's plans... Galloway is good too.

Do you still skate? One of my cowokers was/ is a figure skater (no longer competes but still skates for fun/ teaches)

I have a teenage daughter (15 almost 16) She's a good kid but she's still a teenager wanting to try stuff and thinking that I don't know anything.... It's a bit stressful LOL

I'm in a tri / running club and they have a plan for the half marathon. I'll be starting next week, I'll probably run 4 times a week and bike twice and maybe add a swim here when I feel like it. Santa brought me a Garmin 305 for Christmas this year and I can't wait to log in all my training (hey, anything for extra motivation)

I no longer skate but I miss it. I might start again next year... who knows (I'm a life is short kind of gal, have to try everything lol)

I like Trish as a nickname.... people around here call me Pat... It's a French Canadian thing I guess...

Patricia
2009-12-29 5:13 PM

User image

Regular
Montreal, Quebec
I was in a car accident on Saturday (not injured but very scared). The roads were very slippery and we ended up in the ditch on our side (we have a van)!!! Anyway I woke up Sunday morning and felt ok so I went for my run but when I came back my right arm and back started hurting. I iced and iced and spend time in the spa to try and loosen up my muscles. I feel better today but I'm not running till tomorrow. Tonight I'll do my abs/back routine and do some stretching.

2009-12-29 7:25 PM

User image

Veteran
Patricia, I hope that you are feeling better. Was anyone else with you?

I am trying to plan out the rest of my 2010 tri season. I have a few races planned but need to figure the rest of it out. I am souting the BT race reports of those races I am considering. Has anyone ehre done the Chattanooga Waterfront Olympic?

DH just bought me a late Christmas gift. In a week or so I will be the proud new owner of an Xterra Wetsuit! I can't wait for it to come in the mail.
2009-12-29 10:38 PM
in reply to: #2581147

trishie - 2009-12-28 10:07 PM

Opera singer in NYC? girl, how cool are YOU?!

Looks like you and me are tied for Oly PRs pretty cool.

Don't stress about getting in all of your trianing for Orlando 70.3. Remember that is a hobby and it's supposed to be FUN ! Make sure you get in a few long rides/ runs/ swims and don't fret if you miss a few workouts. Everyone does ! Excited to follow your training

ha ha...the answer to that first question is "not very cool at all."  i'm a music geek AND a tri geek.  there you go.

and i'm planning to shave a good 10 minutes off that oly time this season.  last year my only goal was to finish each race.  i know i could have gone way faster.  so we'll see what happens in 2010!

i'm excited to meet and chat with you all!  is everyone using training plans from this site?  i sort of adapted matt lieto's HIM plan (i found it for free on the internets) but always love to hear about everyone else's schedules.  and see pics of everyone's rides...i guess you can add "bike geek" to the above geekery list.

this weekend is my annual new year's trip to kripalu, which is a converted ashram turned yoga retreat place in the berkshires.  so i won't be sticking to my training schedule, but i will be taking vigorous yoga classes a few times a day, and hopefully squeezing in a few hours on the treadmill.  but without being too strict about it...after all, i'm on vacation!  then it's back to base training come january 4.

happy new year to my fellow tri chicks!  let's have the best race year ever. 
2009-12-30 4:40 AM
in reply to: #2583028

User image

Regular
Montreal, Quebec
stefanier - 2009-12-29 8:25 PM

Patricia, I hope that you are feeling better. Was anyone else with you?

I am trying to plan out the rest of my 2010 tri season. I have a few races planned but need to figure the rest of it out. I am souting the BT race reports of those races I am considering. Has anyone ehre done the Chattanooga Waterfront Olympic?

DH just bought me a late Christmas gift. In a week or so I will be the proud new owner of an Xterra Wetsuit! I can't wait for it to come in the mail.

My boyfriend was with me and he was driving. I'm fine but now scared to drive in icy conditions which is basicaly all winter here... I'll get over it I guess

New wetsuit!! That's a great gift

2009-12-30 10:52 AM
in reply to: #2583422

User image

Pro
Burbs

Patricia --- glad you are okay ... always scary to get in a car accident, even when it's "small" . I HATE driving in snow/ ice, too.

Tara --- I know it's SO overwhelming at the start... everyone is talking about all of these things you haven't even HEARD of! Just keep swimming/ biking/ running/ walking/ moving... that's all you need to do right now. Just stay active. Biking hills can be scary - I still break on steep downhills! I don't know how people can stand going 50+ mph on their bike. Have you signed up for any races yet? Winter sucks for training ... spring is coming (I hope I hope)

Stef --- haven't done that race myself but if you ask around in your local board you'll probably get a few responses. Congrats on the new wetsuit !! awesome!

IronDiva -- yoga retreat? that's so cool (see? you are cool ) enjoy it !

2009-12-30 6:18 PM

User image

Regular
Montreal, Quebec
Gezz now I'm having knee issues... I never had knee issues, I had back issues, ankle issues so this is new.... I have a race in two days I hope I'm better then This is NOT a good week for me... oh well it will get better I guess.....

So tonight it's ice and then warm in the spa....
2009-12-30 6:39 PM

Patricia... so glad you are ok and hoping you will be driving comfortably again.  I've been in a few accidents myself and that can take some time to feel like normal again.  Hang in there and I hope you all back to yourself in no time. 

Iron Diva.... a yoga retreat sounds fabulous... enjoy!!!!

Trish... I decided to do exactly as you have suggested and will just keep working on a strong base by running, biking, and swimming.  I am signing up tomorrow 8 am sharp for the Iron Girl Atlanta which is in June.  Also am thinking about another sprint tri near my home in April to just get a feel for tris... never even been to one... never seen one .  Also have a list of 5K's that I'd like to do again this year but really enjoying mixing up the exercise I do instead of just running.  So I am not sure how many tris I will do this year but hoping a couple.  Loving it so far!  Any suggestions with strength training as I would like to add some of that too... I'm a little sore today from the swimming and biking yesterday but not too bad. 

Hope everyone is doing well and I wish you all a safe and wonderful New Year's!
Tara
2009-12-30 8:16 PM
in reply to: #2585153

User image

Veteran
ohiotrigirl - 2009-12-30 7:39 PM   I am signing up tomorrow 8 am sharp for the Iron Girl Atlanta which is in June.  Also am thinking about another sprint tri near my home in April to just get a feel for tris... never even been to one... never seen one .

Tara

Tara, This race is after Irongirl, but I would suggest TriPTC as a good Sprint for your first season. It is organized extremely well and the course is really nice. The swim is a time trail start. Two people start every 5 seconds so there is not a big massive clump of people in the water at once. THe bike course is great (I saw a deer run in front of me last year) and the run course is mainly on a paved golf cart/running trail which is shaded. It is in south atlanta but it is worth driving for. We just signed up for this race and will be signing up for Irongirl soon.
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Trishie's Tri Chicks - CLOSED! Rss Feed  

of 12