General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Rumpass in Bumpass International : Official Thread Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 3

2010-04-19 6:24 PM
in reply to: #2649245

User image

Royal(PITA)
West Chester, Ohio
Subject: RE: Rumpass in Bumpass International : Official Thread
That swim was the major succckkkkk.
Wind on the bike was bad but I have been outside on lots of windy rides this year so it didn't mess me up.
THe lack of portapotties on the run loop was the pits.  Not fun running when ya gotta go!!  I had cramping in my legs and then my feet went numb.  Yeah, I'm the nut who ran in carrying her shoes!

2010-04-19 9:12 PM

User image

I had a good time overall, it was great meeting up with folks as well - especially the ones that said Hi.

The swim was indeed a bit chopy, though it did calm down a fair bit for just that little window during the swim (compared to pre and post race).  The bike wasn't too windy thankfully, aside from some of the open sections.

I managed a slight PR by about 30 or so seconds, total of 2:12:15, and 2nd in the M25-29, so I'm pretty happy with that too.

I'll have a full race report posted hopefully tomorrow (whenever they post the pics really) - and I already posted my weekend RV report (which, I think is hilarious).
2010-04-20 9:21 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Northern Virginia
I'm still feeling the high after my first OLY.  I've always been a VERY weak swimmer, so the bad conditions was a definite confidence booster: I may have been slow, but I finished.

My only complaint with Setup this time was the lack of any "real" food this time, only the "pasta".

What a great race to start the season!
2010-04-20 10:54 AM

User image

Veteran
Gainesville
I had a blast this weekend!  It was a huge relief that the water and the wind calmed down by race start.  I was pretty worried when I first go there around 7:40.  I crushed my old Oly PR by 20 min. so I was thrilled.  My swim time was on par with my best previous, which I'm happy with considering the conditions.  My run was also consistent w/ previous races, so my bike was the big improvement.  I love that course, too.  It's a beautiful ride!

I agree that the post-race pasta was a disappointment.  It was nice that they made the effort to offer some hot food, but we needed a bit more variety.  I would have been happier with fruit, peanut butter, and bagels.  But of course nothing beats the Brunswick Stew that they have at Giant Acorn.  That is the BEST EVER!

All said and done, I had an awesome time and I can't wait to do it again!
2010-04-20 11:13 AM
in reply to: #2804221

User image

Royal(PITA)
West Chester, Ohio
carteroak - 2010-04-20 10:54 AM I had a blast this weekend!  It was a huge relief that the water and the wind calmed down by race start.  I was pretty worried when I first go there around 7:40.  I crushed my old Oly PR by 20 min. so I was thrilled.  My swim time was on par with my best previous, which I'm happy with considering the conditions.  My run was also consistent w/ previous races, so my bike was the big improvement.  I love that course, too.  It's a beautiful ride!

I agree that the post-race pasta was a disappointment.  It was nice that they made the effort to offer some hot food, but we needed a bit more variety.  I would have been happier with fruit, peanut butter, and bagels.  But of course nothing beats the Brunswick Stew that they have at Giant Acorn.  That is the BEST EVER!

All said and done, I had an awesome time and I can't wait to do it again!

They served Brunswick stew last year and it was about 85 degrees out so a lot of us skipped it.  I did, but the thought of eating that makes me sick anyway.
2010-04-20 12:14 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Northern Virginia
I have to agree with Carteroak, that Brunswick Stew was awesome Smile

2010-04-22 8:35 PM

User image

The pasta I think would have tasted better had it just been warm.  But I'm always happy to get food that's better than the stuff they always do at the Army 10 Miler.  That's what I use as my 'bad food' baseline.  Which by default makes just about everything awesome.

My day was so-so, but I managed a PR by about 30 seconds, with a 2:12, and a 2nd place AG podium finish.

I posted my whole race report here, complete with the usual pictures and all.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Rumpass in Bumpass International : Official Thread Rss Feed  

of 3