Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Need tri-uniform design help!! Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply
2010-07-20 9:34 PM

User image

Elite
Fishers, Indiana
Subject: Need tri-uniform design help!!
BT graphic folks, I need your help!! I'm working with a new non-profit, Team Red,White and Blue, whose mission is to race endurance events to raise money to assist and support America's wounded veterans (info sheet at http://www.teamrwb.com).  A friend and I are the Captain's of the "Ironman" team (HIM and IM racers).  We are trying to design our tri-jerseys but we have NO training or tools to really make it do what we want.  We will pick a place we can pretty much go full sublimation, but it's getting the design to submit we need help with.  We'd like to have the Team logo in the center, and have crushed/stonewashed red and blue going around the symbol fading into each other in a circular pattern OR half and half.  The Team RWB logo is below and our VERY rudimentary sketch of our idea (told you we had no talent) is below it.  The top is the hard part, whatever it turns out to be, we'll have the crushed red and blue fade down the shorts as well.  Any thoughts or BT help out there from you smart graphic artist folks?

(RWB tri top 2 COAs.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
RWB tri top 2 COAs.jpg (21KB - 19 downloads)

2010-07-21 9:48 AM
in reply to: #2993681

User image

Champion
Urbandale, IA
Subject: RE: Need tri-uniform design help!!
Hey Brittany.  When we did ours this year we all suffered from imnotanartistitis too.  We contacted our manufacturer (Pactimo in our case) and gave them basically what you are showing and they worked with us to get them to look great.  I think they gave us the first hour of design time for free and then is was $50 per hour, but I don't remember being charged anything (one of the other board members worked one on one with the designer).  I think they gave us a break becasue we were a non-profit.  We presented them with our logo and the word's we wanted on the back and they provided us this in less than 8 weeks. 

(IMG_41512.jpg)

(IMG_41502.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
IMG_41512.jpg (65KB - 22 downloads)
IMG_41502.jpg (69KB - 17 downloads)
2010-07-21 10:31 AM

User image

Alpharetta, Georgia
Bronze member

I will "ditto" John's comment above.
My tri club had custom tops made last year. I did the initial design based on the template availalbe online (they were Louis Garneau). When we sent it into the company, they have to "professionalize" it anyway, even though I did it in the same design software they did, but whatevs.

We had a few rounds of changes to make, and they were happy to do them for us, might have been a small fee I'm not sure. But if it's a company like LG, they should be providing that as part of the services/fees and have the resources to help you. 

Here's the back design of ours...

2010-07-21 11:51 AM

User image

Elite
Austin, TX
Gold member
Hey Brittany.

You've seen the tri top I usually wear. It was a custom design my company bought for a bunch of us that did the Longhorn sprint in 2007. In our case, I came up with some ideas and then let our graphic design guy work it up. What you're looking to do shouldn't take much work at all. Hopefully someone on here can whip it up for you in short order. If someone does step up to help out, make sure you get the template from the vendor. I don't mean the jpg template you used, but the actual design program version (Adobe Illustrator or whatever they use). That way, whoever does it for you can use that and save to that format so there aren't any other conversion or art work charges from the vendor.

You've started smart, since the design you're considering only counts as 2 colors.
2010-07-21 12:01 PM

User image

Elite
Fishers, Indiana
Thanks everyone!! Lots of great information and notes!! On another great note, one thing that was holding us back a bit of asking some things from folks was the IRS dragging on the 501c3 approval.  Guess what the Founder of Team RWB had in my inbox this morning-- OUR APPROVED 501c3!!! So, we're totally excited as this helps us really have the legitimacy to move forward and seek out sponsors!! Thanks all--when we get something done, I'll post it up!
2010-07-21 8:36 PM

User image

Pro
Tejas
Something like this?

(logo copy copy.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
logo copy copy.JPG (53KB - 16 downloads)

New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Need tri-uniform design help!! Rss Feed