United States
75F / 24C
Sunny
Total Time = 51m 2s
Overall Rank = 1/322
Age Group = M35-39
Age Group Rank = 1/
Pre-race routine:

Up at 3:15 AM. Quick shower, down to eat and got the car packed up. Was off to the race about 4:40 AM and made it there in about 20 minutes. Very close to the house and I was thankful for that. Being first to the race site is great. No bathroom lines and peace and quite. I took my time. Parked the car and then about 5:45 or so decided to head down to the race site with all my gear.
Event warmup:

Got the transition are set up. Took the bike for a quick 8-9 mile spin. Which was the lenght of the race course. It was good to ride the roads and see where the bad sections where. Only a few bad spots in the first mile or so. Got back and realized it was very humid. Put the running shoes on and hit the road for about a mile. Did some stretching and then made my way back to the bike racks. Decided to wear a wetsuit as it looked like almost everyone was. Headed over to a quite spot on the beach and got that situated and on. Did a swim out to the first bouy and back. Didn't feel all that great in the water. No energy and kind of flat. I have that happen every once in a while. Leaves me wondering what's in store for the rest of the day.
Swim
  • 05m 49s
  • 440 yards
  • 01m 19s / 100 yards
Comments:

Started in the second wave. About 2 mins back. Horn sounded and we were off. I made a really hard charge for the bouy line and was on top of the first wave before I even made it to the 2nd bouy. Made a point not to swim into or on anyone as the race director mentioned that this was a huge 1st timers race. Same as straight a lines as I could have. Pretty much swam under the last turn bouy as to avoid contact with people and then made my way right into the rising sun for the beach. Made it up the beach and had the wetsuit off and down to my waist before the bike rack.
What would you do differently?:

Nothing
Transition 1
  • 01m 5s
Comments:

Quick work here. Wetsuit stuck again as I expected. Timing chip was the size of my head. Need to cut the legs on the wetsuit.

Nothing
Bike
  • 23m 52s
  • 10.2 miles
  • 25.64 mile/hr
Comments:

1st mile is development roads and then a few city roads in town. Bumpy at spots and then it turns into a new paved road for a bit on the main out and back. I went at it right away and had all the guys in the 1st wave by the first 2 miles. Was having a tough time with HR and humidity but just kept on it. Made it to the turn around and the cop had his back to me and was talking to a guy in a car who must have lived on the course. We almost hit each other head on at the turn around and I was yelling for the guy in the car to wait one sec. If he got it front of me I would have lost about 10-20 seconds for sure as we both were not fitting through the turn gait. Rode hard back to the transition area and was ready to be done. It was hot.

Nothing
Transition 2
  • 01m 2s
Comments:

Left shoe liner got all bunched up in shoe. Ran the whole run like that. That kind of sucked ass.

Nothing
Run
  • 19m 15s
  • 3.2 miles
  • 06m 01s  min/mile
Comments:

Hot run. Not much else to say. I didn't run as hard as I have in me right now. I was all alone with the bike pacer for the entire run. I started running hard after the last turn around on the out and back. I didn't see anyone until that point and there was only about half mile to go in the race. Happy with pace and effort based on weather and lack of motivation to hammer with no one there to push. Don't get me wrong I did run hard but I was having a full on conversation with the girl on the bike. So I could have gone much deeper.

nothing
Post race
Warm down:

Ran about half mile to cool down and settle HR. Loosen legs. Hosed off and got hydrated.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Nothing

Event comments:

Great local race and a gem if you ask me. It's right in my backyard and I didn't even know about it. Would do it again in a heartbeat.

Last updated: 2011-07-06 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:05:49 | 440 yards | 01m 19s / 100yards
Age Group: 1/
Overall: 1/322
Performance: Good
Suit: Full Wetsuit
Course: Rectangle with bouys on left. Counter clockwise swim.
Start type: Wade Plus: Waves
Water temp: 75F / 24C Current: Low
200M Perf. Good Remainder: Good
Breathing: Good Drafting: Good
Waves: Good Navigation: Good
Rounding: Good
T1
Time: 01:05
Cap removal: Good Helmet on/
Suit off:
Yes
Wetsuit stuck? Yes Run with bike: Yes
Jump on bike: Yes
Getting up to speed: Good
Biking
00:23:52 | 10.2 miles | 25.64 mile/hr
Overall: 1/322
Total Elapsed Time 00:18:33 Distance, mi 6.08 Work, kJ 211 Temperature, °F 70.88 Average Power, Watts 205 Average Cadence 80 Average Speed, mph 21.2 Average Heart Rate 137 Ride Time (Time Moving) 00:17:04 Weight, lbs 182.1 VAM 116
Wind: Little
Course: Out and back course.
Road: Smooth Wet Cadence: 101
Turns: Good Cornering: Good
Gear changes: Good Hills: Good
Race pace: Hard Drinks: Not enough
T2
Time: 01:02
Overall: Good
Riding w/ feet on shoes Good
Jumping off bike Good
Running with bike Good
Racking bike Good
Shoe and helmet removal Good
Running
00:19:15 | 03.2 miles | 06m 01s  min/mile
Overall: 5/322
Course: Residential run course with a few loops and one out and back.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Not enough
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 5
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 5

{postbutton}
2011-07-11 11:05 AM

User image

Expert
Subject: Lake Lenape Triathlon

2011-07-11 1:47 PM
in reply to: #3590471

User image

Master
SMIBville
Subject: RE: Lake Lenape Triathlon
Get up, drive 20 minutes, win race.  Sounds like a good day!
2011-07-13 7:25 AM
in reply to: #3590471

User image

Master
Reston, VA
Subject: RE: Lake Lenape Triathlon
You crushed this race. Nice splits all around!

General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Lake Lenape Triathlon Rss Feed