Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Would you pay the B of A $5 debit card fee Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply

of 4

2011-11-02 1:00 PM
in reply to: #3714012

User image

Expert
Middle River, Maryland
Silver member
Subject: RE: Would you pay the B of A $5 debit card fee
This is all Obama's fault.

2011-11-02 1:49 PM

Master
Charlotte, NC
You know, at least before people knew they were paying that fee, it was transparent. The banks are still going to find a way to charge people, it just won't be as obvious to the consumer.
2011-11-02 2:04 PM

User image

Expert
North Cackalacky

A Letter from Bank of America

An Apology to Our Customers

NEW YORK (The Borowitz Report) – The following letter was sent today by Bank of America to all of its debit card customers:

Dear Valued Customer:

As most of you probably know by now, last month we instituted a $5 monthly fee for all of our debit card users.  To say that what followed this decision was a shitstorm would be a massive understatement.

Considering that just three years earlier taxpayers had bailed us out with billions of their hard-earned dollars, it’s understandable that Bank of America was compared to a person who, as he is pulled from a burning building, turns and kicks the fireman in the nuts.

That’s why we are writing to you today with a simple message: “Our bad.”  And to tell you that we are refunding the $5 to you, effective immediately.  All you have to do is pay a simple, one-time $10 refund fee.

You can receive your refund online, or pick it up at your nearest Bank of America branch, where a teller will hand the money directly to you for a simple, one-time $15 handling fee.

If you do visit your branch, feel free to use any of our services, including our state of the art ballpoint pens and deposit slips.  (Prices on request.)

Again, accept our apologies for instituting the debit card fee.  We have learned our lesson, and we make this solemn promise: next time we squeeze money from you, we’ll do it in a way you won’t notice.

Sincerely,

Bank of America

2011-11-02 2:32 PM
in reply to: #3749296

User image

Expert
Middle River, Maryland
Silver member
ScudRunner - 2011-11-02 3:04 PM

A Letter from Bank of America

An Apology to Our Customers

NEW YORK (The Borowitz Report) – The following letter was sent today by Bank of America to all of its debit card customers:

Dear Valued Customer:

As most of you probably know by now, last month we instituted a $5 monthly fee for all of our debit card users.  To say that what followed this decision was a shitstorm would be a massive understatement.

Considering that just three years earlier taxpayers had bailed us out with billions of their hard-earned dollars, it’s understandable that Bank of America was compared to a person who, as he is pulled from a burning building, turns and kicks the fireman in the nuts.

That’s why we are writing to you today with a simple message: “Our bad.”  And to tell you that we are refunding the $5 to you, effective immediately.  All you have to do is pay a simple, one-time $10 refund fee.

You can receive your refund online, or pick it up at your nearest Bank of America branch, where a teller will hand the money directly to you for a simple, one-time $15 handling fee.

If you do visit your branch, feel free to use any of our services, including our state of the art ballpoint pens and deposit slips.  (Prices on request.)

Again, accept our apologies for instituting the debit card fee.  We have learned our lesson, and we make this solemn promise: next time we squeeze money from you, we’ll do it in a way you won’t notice.

Sincerely,

Bank of America

<spits out coffee>  LOL

2011-11-02 4:25 PM

User image

Expert
Boise, ID

I'm afraid the only thing to come of this is more fees buried in the 10 mailings a week they send. This hasn't changed my mind, still going to switch to a local CU.

2011-11-02 4:36 PM

Iron Donkey
, Wisconsin

2011-11-02 8:24 PM
in reply to: #3751421

User image

Master
Salisbury, North Carolina
We listened to our customers ???? hahahaha...what a complete crock. They didn't have to wait for "customers" to complain to know that wasn't going to fly. Yes, credit unions have an unfair advantage over banks if you want to be honest...... that's why I've used them for 20+ years.

BOA is not much different than Capital One to me. I was involved in a case/fraudulent matter with Capital One and actually won. They're worthless as an organization and with what they did to me, hate, is not too strong of a word.

WHO'S in your wallet ?

New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Would you pay the B of A $5 debit card fee Rss Feed  

of 4