General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Ragnar Relay Florida Keys : Official Thread Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2012-01-11 9:09 AM
in reply to: #3978839

User image

Champion
, Minnesota
Bronze member
Subject: RE: Ragnar Relay Florida Keys : Official Thread

Did everyone have fun?

I enjoyed the experience.  I don't think I will be going back to the Keys race again, since the course was pretty boring...   I didn't take into account how relentless a flat course would be!  At least with some hills you get a downhill to enjoy.  I LOVED my night run, though.  The temp was perfect and my new headlamp was very powerful. 

I joined a group I didn't know and made a lot of new friends.  I lucked out with a van of very pleasant, nice, respectful people. That means a lot when you're spending a lot of time together

Overall our team did great.  We didn't suffer any major problems and finished less than an hour after our projected best case time.  Considering the heat for runs 1 and 3 (van 2), I thought that was pretty awesome.   

It's amazing how a few days erases the pain of sleep deprivation, night chills, and sleeping on a gym floor! 

2012-01-11 10:35 AM
in reply to: #3733160

User image

which leg did you run I was runner #10 which gave me legs 10,22,and 34 fairly short with only nine miles total. Leg 22 was unbelievable 4 miles almost all over one pedestrian bridge with an almost full moon made the rest worth it. I'm already looking forward to next year. If you want hills try getting the leg with 7 mile bridge in it.Smile
2012-01-11 11:18 AM
in reply to: #3983906

User image

Champion
, Minnesota
Bronze member

SgtMojo - 2012-01-11 10:35 AM which leg did you run I was runner #10 which gave me legs 10,22,and 34 fairly short with only nine miles total. Leg 22 was unbelievable 4 miles almost all over one pedestrian bridge with an almost full moon made the rest worth it. I'm already looking forward to next year. If you want hills try getting the leg with 7 mile bridge in it.Smile

I was runner 8, so also pretty short.   That moon was AWESOME!  I am surprised I didn't fall off a bridge watching it reflecting off the water.  I think the night run was a big hit for everyone.

True - the big bridge did have some BIG climbs!

2012-01-11 11:56 AM
in reply to: #3733160

User image

If I can get my miles up i,d seriously like to think about an ultra next year. Some of my friends did this year and loved it.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Ragnar Relay Florida Keys : Official Thread Rss Feed  

of 2