Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 3

2009-12-11 10:10 PM
in reply to: #394794

User image

Coach
Stairway to Seven
Subject: RE: Vibram Five Fingers
I have a longer 2nd toe (the best feet do, lol) and i went up one size from my "normal" size. Feels fine. The first night around the house, I wondered if my pinky toes were too long and if I needed a larger size, but then I did some easy yoga in them and they seemed to stretch around a bit and I think a size larger would be too big.

2009-12-11 10:33 PM
in reply to: #2555371

User image

AdventureBear - 2009-12-11 8:10 PM

I have a longer 2nd toe (the best feet do, lol) and i went up one size from my "normal" size. Feels fine. The first night around the house, I wondered if my pinky toes were too long and if I needed a larger size, but then I did some easy yoga in them and they seemed to stretch around a bit and I think a size larger would be too big.

my toes are the same, second one longer
2009-12-12 8:38 PM

User image

Master
went to REI today to buy the VFF.  They only had the classics in my size and wow...those were definitely not for me.  My big toe is not straight due to a bit of a bunion and they didn't work out.  I'm actually glad they felt uncomfortable in the store, rather just skip the experience than spend the $ and hate them.  I did by the the book "born to run" though and am looking fwd to reading it.
2009-12-14 3:29 AM
in reply to: #2556033

User image

Veteran
Ft. Leonard Wood, MO
sax - 2009-12-13 2:38 AM went to REI today to buy the VFF.  They only had the classics in my size and wow...those were definitely not for me.  My big toe is not straight due to a bit of a bunion and they didn't work out.  I'm actually glad they felt uncomfortable in the store, rather just skip the experience than spend the $ and hate them.  I did by the the book "born to run" though and am looking fwd to reading it.

Great book as I just finished reading it.  I've been looking at the VFF, but the closest actual store to try them on is in Munich.  That's about 1 1/2 hours away and the VFF cost about 90 Euros over here which equals about 135-140 dollars. 
2009-12-14 5:08 AM

User image

Regular
Tampa, FL
A VFF success story (so far)

I was having plenty of pains from running.  Right knee sorta all over then my left leg I got a burning ITB during the run in a Tri and that just would not quit.  Off to ortho doctors, progress to PT.  This went on for about 2 months during which my pain and burning generally got worse.  I could no longer run 5k.  I bought the VFF to improve my running style.  Ran on the grass many times.  Ran mixed sidewalk, grass.  Got in some serious calf stretching and a little massage after some runs.  Ran in a 5k on Thanksgiving in my VFF, fastest I had run.  (which is still not fast BTW)  In the next several weeks later I started increasing my distances.  Yesterday I ran a 10k, the furthest I had run in many years.  I did not run in VFF, I now some flat running shoes, no arch support, no big puffy heel.  So I can run exactly like I do in the VFF, up on the ball of my feet, never on the heel.  I am still running in the VFF in grass and on training runs to help with the better running style.  My ITB burning is gone and the pain in my right knee, while not completely gone is easily managed.  I love the 'frog' shoes as my daughter calls them and I love being a front-mid striker.
2009-12-14 10:55 AM
in reply to: #2555389

User image

Pro
Pittsburgh, my heart is in Glasgow
ChrisM - 2009-12-11 11:33 PM

AdventureBear - 2009-12-11 8:10 PM

my toes are the same, second one longer

There's a name for that, it's called Morton's Toe.
< / random trivia >

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Vibram Five Fingers Rss Feed  

of 3