Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply

of 6

2012-04-29 8:06 PM
in reply to: #4055914

User image

Champion
Evergreen, Colorado
Subject: RE: Amazing Race - Spoilers
Bummer.  I wonder how far behind Mark and Bopper were....would be nice to know.  They left nearly four hours after the other teams....

2012-04-29 8:31 PM
in reply to: #4179997

User image

Champion
, Minnesota
Bronze member

I'm glad that Kentucky did what they could.  Bummer, I would have loved to see them beat the Border Agents!

It would have been awesome to see Big Brother do the Fast Forward.  I would have done it, but I am not the kind of girl who ever had long/nice hair.  But I'll never forget Uchenna & Joyce and the sacrifice she made to win and I wish that Rachel had been woman enough to do it too.  Long live Joyce!!!

2012-04-29 8:53 PM
in reply to: #4180039

User image

Champion
Evergreen, Colorado
BikerGrrrl - 2012-04-29 8:31 PM

I'm glad that Kentucky did what they could.  Bummer, I would have loved to see them beat the Border Agents!

It would have been awesome to see Big Brother do the Fast Forward.  I would have done it, but I am not the kind of girl who ever had long/nice hair.  But I'll never forget Uchenna & Joyce and the sacrifice she made to win and I wish that Rachel had been woman enough to do it too.  Long live Joyce!!!

I would have done it in a heartbeat.  But, I have short hair too.  I would just have invested in hats for the rest of the race!

That being said...you know on the final leg they will all end up on the same flight anyway.  So, realistically, shaving your head didn't get you much today.  I'm not sure if they knew how far back Bopper and Mark were...if they did they could totally have all made the decision that FF or not Bopper and Mark probably couldn't catch up.  So, doing that fast forward just got you to the final four...and when it's final three you all pretty much start together anyway.

2012-04-29 10:17 PM
in reply to: #4180073

Extreme Veteran
Northbridge, Massachusetts
jldicarlo - 2012-04-29 6:53 PM
BikerGrrrl - 2012-04-29 8:31 PM

I would have done it in a heartbeat.  But, I have short hair too.  I would just have invested in hats for the rest of the race!

That being said...you know on the final leg they will all end up on the same flight anyway.  So, realistically, shaving your head didn't get you much today.  I'm not sure if they knew how far back Bopper and Mark were...if they did they could totally have all made the decision that FF or not Bopper and Mark probably couldn't catch up.  So, doing that fast forward just got you to the final four...and when it's final three you all pretty much start together anyway.

I would have done it too!!  My hair is all one length and goes to the bottom of my bra strap.  The only thing I would have asked is if I could keep it for Locks of Love since I have long hair and lots of it!!  My hair grows so fast and I have had it short, short and long many times. 

2012-04-29 11:59 PM
in reply to: #4180193

Is Rachel off the show yet, so I can start watching it?

Joe

2012-04-30 7:56 AM

User image

Elite
Not much has changed... Rachel is still in it and still whining strong.... BPA are as arrogant as ever.... Vennessa is still mean and still Smokin Hawt.... the Army guy is still arguing with the wife, and still winning stages. Mark and Bopper are gone.

2012-04-30 8:17 AM

User image

Champion
Evergreen, Colorado

Well, I hate to admit this, but I'd rather see Army guy and wife or BPA win.

At least they keep the whining to a minimum and are the least of the evils.  IMHO.

2012-04-30 9:49 AM
in reply to: #4180583

Master
Memphis, TN
jldicarlo - 2012-04-30 8:17 AM

At least they keep the whining to a minimum and are the least of the evils.  IMHO.

I agree.  I don't really see the dislike for the Army guy and his wife.  Granted he is blunt to a fault but it seems to be working for them.  The BPA are getting on my nerves.  If everybody else is doing one roadblock do that roadblock to keep your eye on your competition.  I can't believe that leprachaun didn't do the shaved head but she probably realized that her face is ugly and her hair is all she really has.  I'm just sayin' what you're all thinking. 

It's surprising  because the leprechauns partner is a handsome fellow and can do much better than that girl.

I'm glad Venessa didn't hurt herself bad and sucked it up to finish.  Hopefully she didn't do anything to it they find later that puts them out like a bad sprain or something. 

Sad do see Mark and Bopper go.  I was really pulling for them but two saves and starting that far back were to much to overcome. 

The BPA's dodged a bullet on this leg.  It seems their frustration level is getting in the way of their game at the tasks.  They were always up in the front but they didn't do so well and at this stage of the game there can be no mistakes. 

2012-04-30 9:58 AM
in reply to: #4180848

User image

Expert
Parker, Co

Previews show the Army/Wife couple in a whole new light it would seem....

I believe there is a thread here about swearing at your SO...and most say its a no-no...preview contains a nice "STFU" reference from wife to Army guy....

At least if they win they can split the money and divide the prizes since there is always 2 of everything!

They do seem strong but I cant tell if thats due to the caliber of other teams or their strengths

2012-04-30 10:03 AM
in reply to: #4180879

User image

Champion
Menomonee Falls, WI
Bcozican - 2012-04-30 9:58 AM

I believe there is a thread here about swearing at your SO...and most say its a no-no...preview contains a nice "STFU" reference from wife to Army guy....

At least if they win they can split the money and divide the prizes since there is always 2 of everything!

They do seem strong but I cant tell if thats due to the caliber of other teams or their strengths

How many voice mails from divorce attorneys do you think they'll have on their phones when they get back if they win?

2012-04-30 11:42 AM
in reply to: #4180897

User image

Elite
scoobysdad - 2012-04-30 9:03 AM
Bcozican - 2012-04-30 9:58 AM

How many voice mails from divorce attorneys do you think they'll have on their phones when they get back if they win?

That's funny.

It is sort of hard to tell. The Army guy/wife is not the first couple to go on the Race and try to make their relationship work. I mean come on... let's put ourselves in a tremendously stressful situation for a few weeks with very little sleep and no nsense of normal at all and work on our relationship... really???

So who knows, they might be much better at home. And, with a high level of dysfunction comes a high level of failure... but these two are playing very very well despite the arguments the cameras like to show... so perhaps they are not as bad off as it seems.... just strong willed and competitive.

2012-04-30 11:44 AM
in reply to: #4180848

User image

Elite
Jtiger - 2012-04-30 8:49 AM

I agree.  I don't really see the dislike for the Army guy and his wife.  Granted he is blunt to a fault but it seems to be working for them.  The BPA are getting on my nerves.  If everybody else is doing one roadblock do that roadblock to keep your eye on your competition.  I can't believe that leprachaun didn't do the shaved head but she probably realized that her face is ugly and her hair is all she really has.  I'm just sayin' what you're all thinking. 

I guess they were too busy complementing how briliant they are for their "strategic play" to figure that out at this point.

2012-04-30 12:21 PM
in reply to: #4181162

Master
Memphis, TN
powerman - 2012-04-30 11:44 AM
Jtiger - 2012-04-30 8:49 AM

I guess they were too busy complementing how briliant they are for their "strategic play" to figure that out at this point.

They are overthinking and breaking their arm patting them selves on the back.  They have been  a strong team but their luck might come to an end.  Looks like next week is the finale so it's anyone's game. 

2012-04-30 12:37 PM
in reply to: #4181269

User image

Champion
, Minnesota
Bronze member
The taller border agent guy is intolerable.  I would much rather see anyone win if it were just him - however, the other Border Agent guy is nice an he tries really hard.  ONLY for his sake, would I not be terribly upset if they won.    Same with Big Brother.  I am not crazy about Rachel, but the boyfriend needs a break.   Oddly, Ralph and Vanessa are growing on me.  Although in general her mouth is rude and I don't like that, and wouldn't tolerate her as a friend.
2012-04-30 1:39 PM

User image

Expert
Glen Burnie, Maryland

The previews for the finale look great.

Does a team show up first at the final pit stop but have to go back and finish a task? That would be awesome!!

2012-04-30 2:03 PM

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM
I'm not a fan of Rachel (and her whining/crying) but I must admit it was funny when she chicked the BPA guys at cricket!

2012-05-01 6:58 AM
in reply to: #4181554

Master
Memphis, TN

rrrunner - 2012-04-30 2:03 PM I'm not a fan of Rachel (and her whining/crying) but I must admit it was funny when she chicked the BPA guys at cricket!

It's always hard to tell from editing but it looked like the defenders were really stopping the BPA guy as opposed to the Rachel.  You never can tell with the editing. 

2012-05-01 11:00 PM
in reply to: #4140095

User image

Extreme Veteran
Louisville KY

They had a good run. My wife graduated H.S. with Mark, she says he was a great guy and lots of fun to be around. I met my wife at EKU, and when I went to Clay Co. to visit it was like going back in time.

roch1009 - 2012-04-10 8:53 AM

The Kentucky boys are doing the commonwealth proud.

Tongue out

And did anyone else laugh out loud when Vanessa fell off the bike?  Does that make me mean?

2012-05-06 11:26 PM

User image

Elite

Wow, can't believe I'm the first.... it was sort of hard rooting for the final three. Sorry, don't really care for the BPA... you know actually, not them, just him... the winner. Can't remember the names... not the guy on the sled... the other one watching and complaining.

And Big Brother... not him, her. He actually seems pretty cool, capable.. his only real downfall is that he loves her. How could you sign up for that for the rest of your life??? She certainly likes busting his balls when he messes up... she get real quiet when it's her...then has to resort to good ole, cry baby pouting BS act.

I was really rooting for dude and Vanessa. Ya she is mean, but they get along, and she is very capable. She stuck it out. And when they knew they were behind, they didn't take it out on each other.

I am glad they won. What a domination. Record for most wins... completely screw up and have time to go back and do it again and still kick but. I think they are not as dysfunctional as they seem. Maybe that is just what they are used to. They function at a very high level. And she is no push over, she gives as good as she gets. She is just as strong willed. But wow. Total domination. They cleaned house. Pretty impressive.

2012-05-07 7:18 AM

Master
Memphis, TN

What a come from behind win for the Dave and Rachel.  To screw it up so close to the end and have Rachel pull out a clutch performance on the sled and ball net game thing and paddle back. 

I have mad respect for Vanessa.  The look of the swelling on her ankle showed how hurt she was and she still kept on.  Good for her.  I noticed at the final mat she was there and it was taped up alot.  Hopefully she didn't do any damage to herself to require surgery.  Cool nickname for them from the BPA Conan and Kardashian. 

How does the big brother guy put up with that chick.  He must have the patience of Job.  Much respect for that guy but he's a handsome, smart man and can do much better. 

I felt bad for the BPA in that last challenge on the sled.  It was tough to watch like Mark at the dancing challenge in India.  They got royally screwed with bad cab drivers but it always happens to someone on the final leg.

Good season overall.  Just when I was about to write this show off they pull out a good season. 

2012-05-07 9:11 AM

User image

Master
Denver

I never really liked the BPAs, but I did feel bad for Art when he kept falling off the sled and his partner was standing there criticizing.  Too bad the producers couldn't come in and change the teams around, put Art & the green team guy on one team and JJ and the crying girl on the other.  That would've been entertaining. 

Didn't really like or dislike Dave & Rachel, but they were obviously the strongest team & deserved to win.  Much more impressed by the last two teams that were eliminated though.  Maybe we'll see Mark & Bopper back on a second chances season.  I was glad to see a final challenge that seemed kind of difficult (no having to remember the race route though this time) although personally, I'd like to see some more actual "traveling" challenges next year (the closest they got this year was having to decide between cab & subway in Japan) rather than just some easy directions to get to and from places & letting the challenges sort teams out.  Good season though.

2012-05-07 9:30 AM
in reply to: #4194583

User image

Expert
Parker, Co

Thought is was unfortunate that "Conan and Kardashian" ended up with a task that required running and jumping and were forced to use Vanessa -huge props to her for toughing that one out..

Big brother guy needs to watch the reruns and figure out why he is with the Green monster.

BPA - deserved second....maybe - but on the final leg, know where you are going dont follow someone blindly

As for the winners, would have loved to have seen them give some $$ to the KY boys - that many wins was impressive but compassion has its place in victory too

Overall was underwhelmed by this seasons teams but enjoyed the usual trip around the world!

2012-05-07 9:49 AM
in reply to: #4194649

User image

Master
Denver
Bcozican - 2012-05-07 8:30 AM

BPA - deserved second....maybe - but on the final leg, know where you are going dont follow someone blindly

I thought it was funny that they spent the whole race going on and on about how much better they are than the other teams and being pssed that the other teams just follow them blindly and yet in the most important leg, what are they doing?

2012-05-07 9:38 PM
in reply to: #4194122

User image

Champion
Evergreen, Colorado

I am glad they won. What a domination. Record for most wins... completely screw up and have time to go back and do it again and still kick but. I think they are not as dysfunctional as they seem. Maybe that is just what they are used to. They function at a very high level. And she is no push over, she gives as good as she gets. She is just as strong willed. But wow. Total domination. They cleaned house. Pretty impressive.

Yep.  They deserved to win.  And they DO seem to have gotten better at communicating as the race went on....even if he still freaks out at her way too often.  He's just a control freak...plain and simple.

Good final episode.  I would have hated for them to have lost because they got dropped off at the wrong "gate".  I can totally see how they thought they were on the marked path and I am glad they figured out that they must have missed the real marked path.  Hard to blame them for the mistake.  Mrs. Army really rocked the sled!  I think that as an easier task if you were small and thin.

I was also glad to see that the whole ferry thing didn't cause team Army to be completely out of it....

2012-05-08 7:01 AM
in reply to: #4196272

Master
Memphis, TN
jldicarlo - 2012-05-07 9:38 PM

Yep.  They deserved to win.  And they DO seem to have gotten better at communicating as the race went on....even if he still freaks out at her way too often.  He's just a control freak...plain and simple.

Good final episode.  I would have hated for them to have lost because they got dropped off at the wrong "gate".  I can totally see how they thought they were on the marked path and I am glad they figured out that they must have missed the real marked path.  Hard to blame them for the mistake.  Mrs. Army really rocked the sled!  I think that as an easier task if you were small and thin.

I was also glad to see that the whole ferry thing didn't cause team Army to be completely out of it....

I agree on the sled challenge.  Seems if your balance isn't to good it could be a long day.  She just seemed to have found a groove in the terrain and looked steady on sled.  It had to kill the BPA guy carrying that sled up the hill that many times.

I think they are both control freaks.  He is obviously used to being in complete control of his environment without question and she seems to have gotten used to running things her way in his absence.  Is he still in the Army or did he do his stint and leave?  Some of the things he said on the final leg made me thing he wasn't in anymore.  Either way,  they are a VERY good team who even on their off days were finishing second.  Not to bad.

Edited by Jtiger 2012-05-08 7:02 AM
New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Amazing Race - Spoilers Rss Feed  

of 6