Canadian Triathlon Forum Ontario » Rattlenake Point 20k advice Rss Feed  
Moderators: Silver_wlf, alicefoeller Reply
2012-07-06 7:37 AM

User image

Expert
Detroit, MI. Kinda.
Subject: Rattlenake Point 20k advice

Good morning, eh?

I'm visiting your great country this weekend for some camping and Rock Climbing with friends.  While I'm there, I'd like to get in my long run Saturday morning...I know that at Rattlesnake Point Conservation Area there is a trail that goes...forever, if I understand it?  The trail is pretty flat within Rattlesnake point, but I've never left the park  .I don't mind (and enjoy) some trail features, but prefer to keep my run flat/rolling hills maybe and avoid much of the technical trail/scrambling stuff.  My question is, if you were to start at Rattlesnake point and wanted to run about 12 miles (19-20km), would you just take off down the trail (and which direction?)?  Run on the roads outside the park?  any tips appreciated...or come join me for a stroll Saturday Morning.  Probably about 9 or 9:10 minute miles.

2012-07-06 12:37 PM
in reply to: #4296779

User image

Master
Toronto
Bronze member
Subject: RE: Rattlenake Point 20k advice

Have a great trip!

I have only been to Rattlesnake once ... so take this for what its worth - as I remember it the road leading up to the park is one giant hill (escarpment) so you may want to venture further afield or try the trails. When I went we didn't go all that far ... but there is one trail that we went on that didn't seem all that bad but I really can't say for sure

Anyone else?

2012-07-06 2:09 PM
in reply to: #4297439

User image

Expert
Subject: RE: Rattlenake Point 20k advice

we go at it from the milton side.  Steeles is one great big climb from milton to appleby line.  Unfortunately, I'm fairly certain that no matter which way you go from the park you will be on some pretty big hills.  The one thing you might be able to do is go north on applyby out of the park to limestone and west on limestone to guelph line.

I've been to rattlesnake point a few times, but only in the rock climbing and campling areas.

2012-07-06 2:21 PM
in reply to: #4296779

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.
New Thread
Canadian Triathlon Forum Ontario » Rattlenake Point 20k advice Rss Feed