Other Resources Challenge Me! » 30 runs in 30 days - who's with us? Rss Feed  
Moderators: the bear, kaqphin, tinkerbeth, D001, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 181

2022-04-21 11:08 AM
in reply to: Caroleena

User image

Cypress, Texas
Subject: RE: 30 runs in 30 days - who's with us?

Originally posted by Caroleena That's great Chris! How is the hip pain? I have been doing 6 days per week and it has been going very well. I had some soreness but have been warming up/stretching a bit before my runs which seems to help. I am up to 37 miles per week. Love running (almost) every day! I wake up in the morning and think "I get to run today!" and instantly feel awesomet LOL

What are the causes of hip pain?  Other than rolling my ankle every year or two I have been injury-free over my 30+ years of running. I however got some hip pain about 8 weeks ago.  It was 3 days after trying out a new pair of shoes and I thought the new shows were the culprits.  I have done four (4) races in those shoes since then but don't train in them.  The hip pain is actually less in the new shoes than in my training shoes so I am starting to think the new shoes may not have been the problem.  The hip pain is still there after two months.  It doesn't bother me much except when I go upstairs but I have noticed that it usually flares up after really high-intensity track workout.   I am not sure what would cause it but hope this doesn't become the new norm.

2022-05-19 11:37 AM
in reply to: BlueBoy26

User image

Regular
Bolivar, OH
Well I haven't posted in a while, but neither has anyone else. LOL!!! Well I had to end my streak at 71 about a month or so ago. I had tweaked my quad a bit and I was trying to do just 1 or 2 miles a couple of days to let it recover but it seemed like it was getting worse so I just took a week off to recover. Got started again and got up to 5 days and just still did not feel right. So I stopped again for about a week and a half. I have slowly been getting back into it. Ran couple days took a day off. Did that a couple of times.

So today I am considering this my official start back to my streak with day 1 running 2.75 miles very easy. I am going to concentrate on building a good base and not push myself at all for a while. I want to start doing trail races.

Brad & Mr. Heathen-I hope you guys are still at it. Brad I see you are up to 513 now on the registry list. Great job!!!
2022-05-23 8:17 AM
in reply to: TRIMAN413

User image

Regular
Jenison, MI
Originally posted by TRIMAN413

Well I haven't posted in a while, but neither has anyone else. LOL!!! Well I had to end my streak at 71 about a month or so ago. I had tweaked my quad a bit and I was trying to do just 1 or 2 miles a couple of days to let it recover but it seemed like it was getting worse so I just took a week off to recover. Got started again and got up to 5 days and just still did not feel right. So I stopped again for about a week and a half. I have slowly been getting back into it. Ran couple days took a day off. Did that a couple of times.

So today I am considering this my official start back to my streak with day 1 running 2.75 miles very easy. I am going to concentrate on building a good base and not push myself at all for a while. I want to start doing trail races.

Brad & Mr. Heathen-I hope you guys are still at it. Brad I see you are up to 513 now on the registry list. Great job!!!

Sorry to read about the injury. Best of luck as you restart!

I look at the Streak registry about twice a year. While I don't want to see others drop out, it'll be cool when (*if*) I make it into the top 500.

Just got back from my honeymoon in French Polynesia. It was 80F and very humid every day when I ran, and the wife went with me on all but 2 of the runs, so I dropped my mileage down and ran a little slower. Still managed to get them all in, and did it with regards to my home time zone rather than the time in Bora Bora (only 6 hours difference). That mean a 4:30AM run on the day we were flying back to the US, which actually wasn't bad because I avoided the sun at least.

Got in a very easy 8 yesterday as the wife tried to get a bit of distance before she does the Vermont City Marathon this coming weekend. I would've done the half if they had one, but they don't, so I'm just going to get in a decent run on Sunday morning and call it good before exploring Burlington.

I've got many hours ahead of me in which I'll be digging myself out of email hell after taking two full weeks off. I'll take a break from it at some point this afternoon to get out for a quick 4 miles, and maybe see if I can get down to the gym for a swim. I did get in several swims in the South Pacific ocean around our resort while I was there, so getting in the pool will be a sad trip back to reality.

Yesterday was #3220, which is also 460 weeks. Just about 2 months until the 9 year mark.
2022-05-23 8:39 AM
in reply to: MSU_Brad

User image

Regular
Bolivar, OH
Originally posted by MSU_Brad

I look at the Streak registry about twice a year. While I don't want to see others drop out, it'll be cool when (*if*) I make it into the top 500.

Just got back from my honeymoon in French Polynesia. It was 80F and very humid every day when I ran, and the wife went with me on all but 2 of the runs, so I dropped my mileage down and ran a little slower. Still managed to get them all in, and did it with regards to my home time zone rather than the time in Bora Bora (only 6 hours difference). That mean a 4:30AM run on the day we were flying back to the US, which actually wasn't bad because I avoided the sun at least.

Got in a very easy 8 yesterday as the wife tried to get a bit of distance before she does the Vermont City Marathon this coming weekend. I would've done the half if they had one, but they don't, so I'm just going to get in a decent run on Sunday morning and call it good before exploring Burlington.

I've got many hours ahead of me in which I'll be digging myself out of email hell after taking two full weeks off. I'll take a break from it at some point this afternoon to get out for a quick 4 miles, and maybe see if I can get down to the gym for a swim. I did get in several swims in the South Pacific ocean around our resort while I was there, so getting in the pool will be a sad trip back to reality.

Yesterday was #3220, which is also 460 weeks. Just about 2 months until the 9 year mark.

Congrats on your wedding!! Sounds like a fantastic honeymoon!! Hope your new wife does well in her marathon.

I haven't swam in almost a year and haven't done a serious bike ride in I cant remember how long. I have pretty much just been running.
2022-06-02 1:45 PM

User image

Regular
Jenison, MI

Congrats on your wedding!! Sounds like a fantastic honeymoon!! Hope your new wife does well in her marathon.

I haven't swam in almost a year and haven't done a serious bike ride in I cant remember how long. I have pretty much just been running.

The wife finished her marathon without a major issue. It was hotter than we were used to, but not horrible. I got in a 10 mile run while she was out for the marathon, but it was brutal. I made one crucial mistake: the hotel had a drink station on each floor, so I took my handheld water bottle down to fill up as I was heading out. About a third of a mile in to the run, my water bottle start "popping" every 20 seconds or so. I finally took a swig of the water and realized I had unknowingly filled up with sparkling water, which was not agreeing with being shaken. I poured it out without another thought. This came back to haunt me around mile 7 or so, as I was very dehydrated and didn't really have any option for finding water. Quite the struggle to knock out those last 3 miles.

I'm only signed up for two sprint triathlons this summer which are coming up this weekend and then the next. I haven't been swimming or biking with the regularity I would like, and certainly haven't done any real brick work. I suppose I'll just go out and see what happens on Saturday morning. After that, I may not sign up for anything else...just not feeling the racing this summer.

Today was #3231 for 4 slow miles. For some reason I was a little stiff after 6 yesterday.
2022-06-14 1:38 PM

User image

Regular
Jenison, MI
This morning was 4 miles of intervals in the head and humidity, day #3243. It took a pretty good toll on me. I have been feeling a bit under the weather for a few days, and figured it was allergies from a triathlon on Saturday (I sometimes have bad reactions to certain lakes). Of course, then I read that one of my coworkers tested positive for covid on Sunday after we were all together in Austin last week for some internal meetings. So of course I immediately test, and yep, I'm positive as well.

I'm planning on keeping going through this, hoping it doesn't get any worse than I felt this morning. I'll just try to take it somewhat easy so I hopefully don't overtax myself.

2022-06-15 9:00 AM

User image

Master
Atlanta, Georgia
Gold member

This morning was 4 miles of intervals in the head and humidity, day #3243. It took a pretty good toll on me. I have been feeling a bit under the weather for a few days, and figured it was allergies from a triathlon on Saturday (I sometimes have bad reactions to certain lakes). Of course, then I read that one of my coworkers tested positive for covid on Sunday after we were all together in Austin last week for some internal meetings. So of course I immediately test, and yep, I'm positive as well.

I'm planning on keeping going through this, hoping it doesn't get any worse than I felt this morning. I'll just try to take it somewhat easy so I hopefully don't overtax myself.

Sorry about that development. I would encourage you to read all you can about exercising through C19 in case you develop any respiratory symptoms. Current variant seems to be much less debilitating in general, esp if you're vaxxed/boosted but if you're unlucky and you get a wet cough, you'll want to make an informed decision before trying to muscle through for the sake of the streak. Truly hoping it's not bad enough to make you stop, though..that's a damned impressive string of days you've got there..

I spent some time with someone before a 70.3 two Sundays ago who was under the weather at the start line and tested positive the next day. He had mild symptoms last week and last I heard was feeling much better by the weekend. Mercifully, I tested negative twice(PCR) after the five day interval..
2022-06-16 11:46 AM
in reply to: alltom1

User image

Regular
Jenison, MI
Originally posted by alltom1

Sorry about that development. I would encourage you to read all you can about exercising through C19 in case you develop any respiratory symptoms. Current variant seems to be much less debilitating in general, esp if you're vaxxed/boosted but if you're unlucky and you get a wet cough, you'll want to make an informed decision before trying to muscle through for the sake of the streak. Truly hoping it's not bad enough to make you stop, though..that's a damned impressive string of days you've got there..

I spent some time with someone before a 70.3 two Sundays ago who was under the weather at the start line and tested positive the next day. He had mild symptoms last week and last I heard was feeling much better by the weekend. Mercifully, I tested negative twice(PCR) after the five day interval..
Truly appreciate the advice. I did some research myself, and concluded I'd be okay, but would monitor myself very closely. I'm already feeling a whole lot better, so I think any major risk has passed. I reduced mileage and put out low efforts, although they were a little tougher than I had hoped for just due to an unfortunate bump of heat and humidity. The cough has all but subsided already, and my lungs only feel slightly off.

2022-06-20 12:01 PM

User image

Expert
Middle River, Maryland
Silver member

Originally posted by alltom1
Originally posted by MSU_Brad This morning was 4 miles of intervals in the head and humidity, day #3243. It took a pretty good toll on me. I have been feeling a bit under the weather for a few days, and figured it was allergies from a triathlon on Saturday (I sometimes have bad reactions to certain lakes). Of course, then I read that one of my coworkers tested positive for covid on Sunday after we were all together in Austin last week for some internal meetings. So of course I immediately test, and yep, I'm positive as well. I'm planning on keeping going through this, hoping it doesn't get any worse than I felt this morning. I'll just try to take it somewhat easy so I hopefully don't overtax myself.
Sorry about that development. I would encourage you to read all you can about exercising through C19 in case you develop any respiratory symptoms. Current variant seems to be much less debilitating in general, esp if you're vaxxed/boosted but if you're unlucky and you get a wet cough, you'll want to make an informed decision before trying to muscle through for the sake of the streak. Truly hoping it's not bad enough to make you stop, though..that's a damned impressive string of days you've got there.. I spent some time with someone before a 70.3 two Sundays ago who was under the weather at the start line and tested positive the next day. He had mild symptoms last week and last I heard was feeling much better by the weekend. Mercifully, I tested negative twice(PCR) after the five day interval..
Truly appreciate the advice. I did some research myself, and concluded I'd be okay, but would monitor myself very closely. I'm already feeling a whole lot better, so I think any major risk has passed. I reduced mileage and put out low efforts, although they were a little tougher than I had hoped for just due to an unfortunate bump of heat and humidity. The cough has all but subsided already, and my lungs only feel slightly off.

Glad you're recovering, Brad. COVID is some nasty chit.

And wow, almost nine years!!!  I remember when you started this. 

2022-06-22 7:56 AM

User image

Regular
Bolivar, OH

Sorry to hear about this but glad you are feeling better. I had covid last fall and it wiped me out for a few days.
2022-06-24 10:50 AM

User image

Regular
Jenison, MI
Thanks guys. I'm about 99% now. I took a slight hit in fitness, and could tell my lungs were slightly off, but other than that, not a big deal in the long run!

Today was #3253 for 4 miles. That's 89 on the month, and about 745 on the year.

2022-06-28 11:42 AM

User image

Regular
Bolivar, OH
Well today I am back up to 41 days with a 5 mile run to bring me to140 miles so far.

Last week I started noticing a little twinge around my outside ankle of my right foot. Feel nothing while running but feel it during the day when I get up from sitting. It has gotten a little worse and has moved to the side of my foot. I am a little worried that I may have developed a stress fracture in my foot. I hope I am wrong. I think I have been favoring it and has changed my running form a bit because I have also developed what appears to be some PF discomfort in my left foot. I have never had an issue with this before. So frustrating!!!!

On a side note I am still reading through this entire post. Would love to know how some of the other guys are doing and what they are up to like Rich and Lumber dad. Ive got to the point where Ron has kind of dropped out and just pops in every once in a while to say hi. Wish those guys were still active on here.

Brad glad to see you still check in.
2022-07-06 12:26 PM

User image

Regular
Jenison, MI

Well today I am back up to 41 days with a 5 mile run to bring me to140 miles so far.

Last week I started noticing a little twinge around my outside ankle of my right foot. Feel nothing while running but feel it during the day when I get up from sitting. It has gotten a little worse and has moved to the side of my foot. I am a little worried that I may have developed a stress fracture in my foot. I hope I am wrong. I think I have been favoring it and has changed my running form a bit because I have also developed what appears to be some PF discomfort in my left foot. I have never had an issue with this before. So frustrating!!!!

On a side note I am still reading through this entire post. Would love to know how some of the other guys are doing and what they are up to like Rich and Lumber dad. Ive got to the point where Ron has kind of dropped out and just pops in every once in a while to say hi. Wish those guys were still active on here.

Sorry to hear about your developing issues. I have certainly battled a lot of PF issues over time. Don't push yourself just for the streak at this point; if you think you'll be better off by taking off days, do it!

However, not being a doctor nor any kind of trainer, my initial guess would be more of a muscular issue than a stress fracture. Increase your rolling out / massage gun working, and build in some leg strength if you can. I noticed a lot of my issues improved when I got in a regular habit of doing some wall sits and squats. I didn't spend a lot of time on them, but just made them a routine. I found the added strength seemed to protect everything else.

Unfortunately, the other guys in this thread dropped out at some point! Ron was pretty crazy in the runs he would do!!! It was always fun to see what he had done for each workout!

Today was 6 miles for #3265. It started out just as a very very humid morning with rain in the area, but I couldn't beat out the precipitation. I went from a completely sweat soaked shirt to a drenched with rain shirt around 4.5 miles, and finished the rest in some light downfall.

Just a few weeks to 9 years.
2022-07-07 8:12 AM

User image

Regular
Bolivar, OH

Sorry to hear about your developing issues. I have certainly battled a lot of PF issues over time. Don't push yourself just for the streak at this point; if you think you'll be better off by taking off days, do it!

However, not being a doctor nor any kind of trainer, my initial guess would be more of a muscular issue than a stress fracture. Increase your rolling out / massage gun working, and build in some leg strength if you can. I noticed a lot of my issues improved when I got in a regular habit of doing some wall sits and squats. I didn't spend a lot of time on them, but just made them a routine. I found the added strength seemed to protect everything else.

Unfortunately, the other guys in this thread dropped out at some point! Ron was pretty crazy in the runs he would do!!! It was always fun to see what he had done for each workout!

Today was 6 miles for #3265. It started out just as a very very humid morning with rain in the area, but I couldn't beat out the precipitation. I went from a completely sweat soaked shirt to a drenched with rain shirt around 4.5 miles, and finished the rest in some light downfall.

Just a few weeks to 9 years.

Congrats on the almost 9 years. That's awesome!!!

Today was 3.5 mile run for #50.

Feet issues are getting better. Wasn't a stress fracture which I kind of knew but still relieved. My PF in the left foot is getting better. Been taking it a little easy. I have a 25 mile ultra run with 2500 ft elevation I want to do in early September. Right now I know my miles aren't there yet and I cant really increase at the moment while trying to heal up. Hopefully I will get there. I have really been getting into trail running here lately. Seems to fit me more than road running.
2022-07-19 9:50 AM

User image

Regular
Jenison, MI
4 miles of intervals today for #3278. Less than 2 weeks to 9 years.

I was fighting some knee issues the past few weeks. I eventually noticed that the Speedplay cleat on my shoe had loosened and moved position, causing my knee to get to an odd angle when I was biking on my trainer. I am hoping that fixing that and a few days off from biking over the weekend will help prevent anything more serious.
2022-07-28 8:09 AM

User image

Regular
Jenison, MI
I got a relatively slow 4 miles in this morning for #3287, which means I've completed 9 years. Here we go towards 10.

2022-07-28 8:21 AM

User image

Regular
Bolivar, OH

I got a relatively slow 4 miles in this morning for #3287, which means I've completed 9 years. Here we go towards 10.

Congrats on the 9 years!! That's awesome!!!
Today was 5.5 mile for day #71 for me which ties me with my last streak. Feeling good so planning to keep going as long as I can.
2022-08-10 9:14 AM

User image

Regular
Bolivar, OH
Today was a 5.25 mile run for RSD#84. I have totaled 338.25 miles with my streak so far. Runs are getting longer and feeling great!!!
2022-08-10 1:59 PM

User image

Regular
Jenison, MI

Today was a 5.25 mile run for RSD#84. I have totaled 338.25 miles with my streak so far. Runs are getting longer and feeling great!!!

Solid work! You're getting close to that magical #100!!! Keep up the great effort!

It turns out today was #3300! I got in 6 early this morning, but wow was I feeling slow. I've got a few aches and pains right now, so I am considering dropping the mileage down close to my minimums for a few weeks if I don't feel better soon. At a minimum, I've already been backing off my Thursday tempo runs and just doing them easy.

2022-08-30 7:53 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Regular
Bolivar, OH
Well last Friday was RSD #100 for me with a 5.75 mile run. Followed it up on Saturday with a 13.25 mile run. Still going strong. Hope everyone else is doing great!!

Today was #104 with another 5.75 mile run. I have run a total of 452 miles averaging 4.35 miles/run.

Edited by TRIMAN413 2022-08-30 7:56 AM
2022-08-31 7:40 AM

User image

Regular
Jenison, MI

Well last Friday was RSD #100 for me with a 5.75 mile run. Followed it up on Saturday with a 13.25 mile run. Still going strong. Hope everyone else is doing great!!

Today was #104 with another 5.75 mile run. I have run a total of 452 miles averaging 4.35 miles/run.

Awesome. Congrats on hitting 100!

I got 2.5 in at 4:30AM this morning for #3321. We are on the way to Hawaii for my wife to run the Kauai Marathon, so I had to get it in early.

2022-09-09 11:58 AM

User image

Regular
Jenison, MI
This morning was #3330. Got back from Kauai yesterday. Had to go out for 2.5 in the afternoon after the overnight flight and being awake for 24+ hours, and it was 85 and humid. That was a terrible run.

I opted to sign up for the Kauai Half Marathon the day before the race. I figured since the wife would be unavailable for a while as she was doing the full, I might as well give myself something to do. I hadn't run more than 6 miles on a single day since a 10 mile run in early June right after having Covid. Between the hear, humidity, and the long climb up for the first 7 miles, I was in pretty rough shape. I managed to make it through 8 and the start of the descent before I took any walk breaks, but the last few miles were no picnic. I certainly didn't set any PRs, that is for certain.

For the wife, finishing the Kauai Marathon was her 50th state!
2022-09-09 12:30 PM

User image

Expert
Middle River, Maryland
Silver member

Originally posted by MSU_Brad This morning was #3330. Got back from Kauai yesterday. Had to go out for 2.5 in the afternoon after the overnight flight and being awake for 24+ hours, and it was 85 and humid. That was a terrible run. I opted to sign up for the Kauai Half Marathon the day before the race. I figured since the wife would be unavailable for a while as she was doing the full, I might as well give myself something to do. I hadn't run more than 6 miles on a single day since a 10 mile run in early June right after having Covid. Between the hear, humidity, and the long climb up for the first 7 miles, I was in pretty rough shape. I managed to make it through 8 and the start of the descent before I took any walk breaks, but the last few miles were no picnic. I certainly didn't set any PRs, that is for certain. For the wife, finishing the Kauai Marathon was her 50th state!

Wow - good on both of you!  Kauai is beautiful - we're headed there next year.

I'll bet that "land the plane and run" workout wasn't very good, but hey the streak continues!

2022-11-16 7:42 AM
in reply to: jmhpsu93

User image

Regular
Bolivar, OH
Haven't posted in a while. Just thought I would post an update. Still going with my run streak. I am up to 182 days with 677.25 miles.

My average has dropped a bit. Been dealing with some PF in both feet since June. Was dealing with it for a while but got to the point where it hurt just to walk so I really backed off on my mileage. Slowly building back up.

Hope everyone else is doing great!!
2022-11-23 8:43 AM

User image

Hello everyone!

Back in the spring I said I would be doing another streak starting in November. I have been having some minor physical issues that have made running more challenging, but I have managed to maintain 26-28 miles per week for the past 6 months, between 4 and 5 days per week. My regular pace has dropped about one minute per mile, and I have suspended my longer 8-10 mile runs due to reduced overall stamina, but I am still out there and still enjoying it. For my "modified quasi-streak" (for lack of a better term) I am focusing on running 6 days per week from now thru March.

Hope you all are doing well. Brad, it's nice to see you still at it and that 10 years is almost a reality now.

Caroleena
New Thread
Other Resources Challenge Me! » 30 runs in 30 days - who's with us? Rss Feed  

of 181