BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Ontherun and gearing up-CLOSED Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 10

2012-12-29 12:09 PM
in reply to: #4545059

User image

Frugal Gear Geek
having fun with the kids
Subject: RE: Ontherun and gearing up-CLOSED
looks like a bunch of us will see some snow. I expect to get called into work in about 2 hours. I was supposed to go to a family x-mas party, but that got canceled.  I may not get a good chance to get back to the group until Monday, so I hope you all have a good weekend.

2012-12-29 5:38 PM

User image

New user

I wish BT had a "like" button.

We did get snow today. 

I picked up a medicine ball and some new work out gear today. It looks like a lot of stores are having sales on fitness gear this coming week. Anyone looking for anything special to stay motivated?

2012-12-29 7:19 PM
in reply to: #4553267

User image

Frugal Gear Geek
having fun with the kids
I got the last in a long line of toys I wanted last may. I picked up a farming 310. Justified it because I could monitor my hr. would love a tri bike, but not exactly an impulse item
2012-12-29 7:33 PM

I actually signed up for a gym the other day to keep me motivated! We actually have a little fitness area in our basement that my husband uses, but I need to get out to be motivated! So that was my special treat to get back in track!
2012-12-29 8:00 PM
in reply to: #4553359

User image

New user

Ontherun - 2012-12-29 7:19 PM I got the last in a long line of toys I wanted last may. I picked up a farming 310. Justified it because I could monitor my hr. would love a tri bike, but not exactly an impulse item

What is a farming 310? I'm pretty sure it's not a piece of farm equipment, but after that, I'm lost.

2012-12-29 8:44 PM

User image

Frugal Gear Geek
having fun with the kids
Dang auto correct. Garmin 310

2012-12-30 4:18 PM
in reply to: #4553375

User image

New user

Lauriep717 - 2012-12-29 7:33 PM I actually signed up for a gym the other day to keep me motivated! We actually have a little fitness area in our basement that my husband uses, but I need to get out to be motivated! So that was my special treat to get back in track!

Nice.

I just gave up our gym membership.It's out of the way, and we weren't ever getting there. I did sign up for "Fitness Glo" So far, I'm loving it. And, I have my bike on the trainer, to get me through the winter.

2012-12-30 8:55 PM

User image

Master
Hi everyone! I know this group is closed but I've come to see if you could fit just one more person in. I've read through your bios and can really relate to you more than any other group that's open. I'm trying to get back into triathlons and running this year and would love it if you could fit me in this group. Just let me know if its ok and ill post a bio if not i understand and good luck to all of you in 2013!
2012-12-30 10:22 PM
in reply to: #4554145

Heidiontherun - 2012-12-30 5:18 PM

Lauriep717 - 2012-12-29 7:33 PM I actually signed up for a gym the other day to keep me motivated! We actually have a little fitness area in our basement that my husband uses, but I need to get out to be motivated! So that was my special treat to get back in track!

Nice.

I just gave up our gym membership.It's out of the way, and we weren't ever getting there. I did sign up for "Fitness Glo" So far, I'm loving it. And, I have my bike on the trainer, to get me through the winter.

I checked out that fitness Glo website after you mentioned it, it looks awesome, and I may just have to use it on days when I can't make it to the gym. We have a little exercise area in our basement with lots of fitness equipment so I would be able to workout there in a pinch.
2012-12-31 8:12 AM
in reply to: #4554422

User image

Frugal Gear Geek
having fun with the kids

I guess we can fit in one more. Welcome to the group

2012-12-31 8:29 AM

User image

Frugal Gear Geek
having fun with the kids

Welcome to the last day of 2012! Today I throw down a challenge for the group. I would like to see each member of the group post something in there blog. If you can not work out, at least say hi, or try for an excuse .

With that said, I have a second part of this challenge. I have put all of you in my friends list. I am trying to make a trip to see everyone's blog at least 3 days a week if not all 7. I want to see each of you post at least 1 inspire per day on somebody elses   blog! This lets everyone see that pretty red number in the inspire box light up. I know it makes my day. It gives validation that someone cares to look in on you.

If you are having trouble with the details of how to blog, set up friends or any other functions of the site, let me know.

I wish all of you a happy and safe new year tonight. Remember, the amateurs are out tonight, and we all need to start the new year off tomorrow with a good workout

2012-12-31 8:43 AM

User image

Frugal Gear Geek
having fun with the kids

Here are 2 links to some things I have posted on BT

This is part 1 of a 5 part video review I did on wetsuits. It is a little dated, but enjoy anyway.

http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/cms/article-detail.asp?articleid=1537

This is probably one of my favorite articles. It is on the 5 minute rule of training. Everyone should read this.

http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/cms/article-detail.asp?articleid=540

And this is probably my favorite article I have written about a workout.

http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/cms/article-detail.asp?articleid=983

2012-12-31 9:38 AM
in reply to: #4554748

Ontherun - 2012-12-31 9:29 AM

Welcome to the last day of 2012! Today I throw down a challenge for the group. I would like to see each member of the group post something in there blog. If you can not work out, at least say hi, or try for an excuse .

With that said, I have a second part of this challenge. I have put all of you in my friends list. I am trying to make a trip to see everyone's blog at least 3 days a week if not all 7. I want to see each of you post at least 1 inspire per day on somebody elses   blog! This lets everyone see that pretty red number in the inspire box light up. I know it makes my day. It gives validation that someone cares to look in on you.

If you are having trouble with the details of how to blog, set up friends or any other functions of the site, let me know.

I wish all of you a happy and safe new year tonight. Remember, the amateurs are out tonight, and we all need to start the new year off tomorrow with a good workout

I may not get to this today, as we have family coming over in a little bit, but I will definitely do this tomorrow and try to make a habit out of it.     Hope everyone has a great New Years!

2012-12-31 10:14 AM

How do we add friends?    And is the blog you are talking about BT blogger, where we just add a post?   May try to work on it a little bit.

2012-12-31 10:43 AM

User image

Frugal Gear Geek
having fun with the kids
The blog I am talking about is where you log your workouts. You can also log mis. Stuff there too. As for adding friends, scroll down on your blog and you should see Ron and Marmadaddy in your friends. Click the white + symbol and add the screen names of our group
2012-12-31 10:57 AM

got it thanks!

2012-12-31 1:31 PM

User image

New user

Happy New Year, all!

I'll post and inspire tomorrow!

-Heidi

2012-12-31 4:39 PM
in reply to: #4554994

User image

Extreme Veteran
Chicagoland

Ontherun - 2012-12-31 10:43 AM The blog I am talking about is where you log your workouts. You can also log mis. Stuff there too. As for adding friends, scroll down on your blog and you should see Ron and Marmadaddy in your friends. Click the white + symbol and add the screen names of our group

Could you please post a list of everyone with their screen name?

2013-01-01 6:06 AM

User image

Frugal Gear Geek
having fun with the kids

Good morning all and Happy New Year!

I have posted links to all of your blogs in my blog. You can check there if you wish, or just click on someone's screen name on the left of the threads to view there blog and leave an inspire.

This months goal, more color than white in the blog!!

Edited by Ontherun 2013-01-01 8:27 AM
2013-01-01 10:22 AM

User image

New user

Happy New Year! I hope everyone had a safe and happy night.

My husband is a musician, and for the first time in 10 years, he didn't have a gig last night! So, we had dinner at home with our 2 youngest, and went to visit family down the street for a couple of hours. Then, we came home and broke the TV out of storage, since the kids wanted to watch the ball drop. We got the TV all hooked up to the rabbit ears and converter box (which was buried in the closet under extra blankets). 

And,  all promptly fell asleep within 15 minutes of turning Dick Clark on! My kids we not happy to wake up this morning and find out we all missed the big event!

Oh well...I hope you all had a little more excitement than we had! The good news is that I didn't feel like I was gonna die during my workout this morning!

2013-01-01 11:48 AM
in reply to: #4556264

User image

Frugal Gear Geek
having fun with the kids
Kudos for not having a tv hooked up. Even more for having rabbit ears

2013-01-01 1:32 PM

User image

Master

Thanks so much for letting me join!!  Happy new year everyone!!!

Name: Emmanem/Emma

Story:  Started to realize about 4 years ago I couldn't be lazy for the rest of my life so I started running and then in 2010 decided to train for a triathlon... definitely wasnt the fastest person out there and it was way harder than I'd ever imagined but I loved every second of it!  Since then I have gotten engaged, graduated from college, moved in with my fiance, gotten a full time job and become a mom to a beagle bassett hound mix named Shadow  

Having only done one triathlon and a handful of running races, I really want to get back in the saddle and start racing again.  Ultimate goals are to do a half marathon in the next 2 years and an olympic triathlon in the next 3 years.

Family Status: Engaged and planning a wedding for October, one beagle/bassett mix named Shadow who is my running buddy

Current training: well let's just say I'm starting from scratch this year  

2012 races: 1 5k in february... can be summed up in 3 words... cold, rainy, hilly

2013 races:  I definitely want to do the cooper river bridge run again and I'm looking for a triathlon for either before I move in may or after so right now my main focus will be getting back in shape.

Weightloss:  WIth the wedding coming up I'd like to lose a little weight and tone up

2013-01-01 1:36 PM
in reply to: #4556467

User image

Frugal Gear Geek
having fun with the kids
For what it is worth, I have done a bunch of oly tris and two 1/2 marathons. The oly tris are a lot easier for me. You might surprise yourself and be ready sooner for that than you think.
2013-01-01 3:49 PM
in reply to: #4556467

Emmanem - 2013-01-01 2:32 PM

Thanks so much for letting me join!!  Happy new year everyone!!!

Name: Emmanem/Emma

Story:  Started to realize about 4 years ago I couldn't be lazy for the rest of my life so I started running and then in 2010 decided to train for a triathlon... definitely wasnt the fastest person out there and it was way harder than I'd ever imagined but I loved every second of it!  Since then I have gotten engaged, graduated from college, moved in with my fiance, gotten a full time job and become a mom to a beagle bassett hound mix named Shadow  

Having only done one triathlon and a handful of running races, I really want to get back in the saddle and start racing again.  Ultimate goals are to do a half marathon in the next 2 years and an olympic triathlon in the next 3 years.

Family Status: Engaged and planning a wedding for October, one beagle/bassett mix named Shadow who is my running buddy

Current training: well let's just say I'm starting from scratch this year  

2012 races: 1 5k in february... can be summed up in 3 words... cold, rainy, hilly

2013 races:  I definitely want to do the cooper river bridge run again and I'm looking for a triathlon for either before I move in may or after so right now my main focus will be getting back in shape.

Weightloss:  WIth the wedding coming up I'd like to lose a little weight and tone up

Welcome!  I am actually starting from scratch to right now because I had toe surgery 8 weeks ago.  I just started the Michael Pate's Sprint workout plan.  It is a couch to sprint tri plan which lasts for 22 weeks.   If you are really starting from scratch it looks to be a great program.   You can definitely be ready for something quicker than you think.

2013-01-01 3:50 PM
in reply to: #4556264

Heidiontherun - 2013-01-01 11:22 AM

Happy New Year! I hope everyone had a safe and happy night.

My husband is a musician, and for the first time in 10 years, he didn't have a gig last night! So, we had dinner at home with our 2 youngest, and went to visit family down the street for a couple of hours. Then, we came home and broke the TV out of storage, since the kids wanted to watch the ball drop. We got the TV all hooked up to the rabbit ears and converter box (which was buried in the closet under extra blankets). 

And,  all promptly fell asleep within 15 minutes of turning Dick Clark on! My kids we not happy to wake up this morning and find out we all missed the big event!

Oh well...I hope you all had a little more excitement than we had! The good news is that I didn't feel like I was gonna die during my workout this morning!

I am impressed that you don't have a TV hooked up normally.  Sadly, I don't think I could ever do that.   Our NYE was about as exciting as yours...we just relaxed with our two friends and our boys played together.  By 12:10 we were home and ready to get in bed!   Not much excitement for us on NYE anymore!

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Ontherun and gearing up-CLOSED Rss Feed  

of 10