Other Resources The Political Joe » 18 yr old arrested for relations with 14 yr old... Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2013-05-22 3:00 PM

User image

Master
Boynton Beach, FL
Subject: 18 yr old arrested for relations with 14 yr old...
I had trouble posting the article, but the short version is that a Sr. in HS had relations with a Freshmen age 14. Both girls were on the same basketball team. 18 yr old is expelled and charged with lewd and lascivious behavior. Now ACLU steps in and condemns the prosecution and parents of 18yr old are outraged (outrage is just fun to say these days).

I guess Ijust have a hard time getting past the potential biased in same sex relationships. Not sure we would have same conversation if it was not. Do you? Honestly there is a huge variance in maturity of 14 and 18 yr olds (on both sides of that spectrum) and I dont think we can have a black and white answer. But legally we do so now what?

2013-05-22 3:02 PM
in reply to: cardenas1

User image

Elite
Cleveland
Subject: RE: 18 yr old arrested for relations with 14 yr old...

If the 18 yr old was male, it'd be listed as statutory rape and he'd be labelled a sex offender.

The same should occur here.

2013-05-22 3:33 PM
in reply to: cgregg

User image

Deep in the Heart of Texas
Originally posted by cgregg

If the 18 yr old was male, it'd be listed as statutory rape and he'd be labelled a sex offender.

The same should occur here.

Agreed.  Just as if it were an 18 yo female and a 14 yo male.

2013-05-22 4:16 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Pro
Maybe in Florida, but you'd both be wrong in alot of states.  Sex between an 18 year old male and 14 year old female is legal in my state and many others.....if not all.  Under 14 is usually the statutory limit....and one person cannot be 21 if the other us under 16....but an 18 year old and 14 year old is fine by law.

Edited by Left Brain 2013-05-22 4:21 PM
2013-05-22 4:26 PM

User image

Pro
dp

Edited by Left Brain 2013-05-22 4:26 PM
2013-05-22 4:26 PM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Pro

If you have kids and are interested.....here's a pretty easy guide to laws in each state.  As you'll see, they are all over the page as far as legal definitions of a Statutory offense with regard to age.

http://aspe.hhs.gov/hsp/08/sr/statelaws/statelaws.shtml

2013-05-22 6:12 PM
in reply to: cardenas1

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by cardenas1 I had trouble posting the article, but the short version is that a Sr. in HS had relations with a Freshmen age 14. Both girls were on the same basketball team. 18 yr old is expelled and charged with lewd and lascivious behavior. Now ACLU steps in and condemns the prosecution and parents of 18yr old are outraged (outrage is just fun to say these days). I guess Ijust have a hard time getting past the potential biased in same sex relationships. Not sure we would have same conversation if it was not. Do you? Honestly there is a huge variance in maturity of 14 and 18 yr olds (on both sides of that spectrum) and I dont think we can have a black and white answer. But legally we do so now what?

I don't think there's any bias due to same sex or not.  These cases are running through the courts all over the place and most of them are hetero relationships.

In the quest to protect children form predators many states put in verbiage that allowed some gray area convictions.  18 to 14 isn't too bad for most people, but 19-14 or 20-14 is getting into creepy land very quickly.  I don't know what the right limit is, but I do feel states should have some sort of statutory rape type laws that aren't "sex offender" level laws.  I know kids can't legally consent, but there's a big difference between "consensual" hookups in high school and forced rape.

In Nebraska I believe the sexual assault laws kick in when one party is 15 or under and the other is 19 or older.  Some feel that's a good limit and others feel it's too aggressive.

Where it gets really scary is that a kid cannot defend themselves if the younger party lies about his/her age.  Even if he/she has a fake ID it's not a legal defense.

2013-05-23 9:27 AM

User image

Champion
the colony texas
Originally posted by Left Brain

If you have kids and are interested.....here's a pretty easy guide to laws in each state.  As you'll see, they are all over the page as far as legal definitions of a Statutory offense with regard to age.

actually this link shows that the majority of states it would be illegal. Only a few list 14 and younger as an age of consent. Kind of contradicts your prior post
2013-05-23 9:43 AM

User image

Veteran
St. Louis

Wow, I'm glad I didn't grow up in Idaho.

2013-05-23 10:16 AM

User image

Pro
Originally posted by Gaarryy

actually this link shows that the majority of states it would be illegal. Only a few list 14 and younger as an age of consent. Kind of contradicts your prior post

Most states have "slots" where 14 year olds can indeed engage in consensual sex with people who are close to their age.  You have to actually read each line to find the exceptions......I would say I deal with this most Monday monrings when I come to work after a weekend of kid parties. 

To your point....I looked at the first 18 states and found that the conduct in the OP would be legal in 10 of them by statute....and that's if the statutes are current.  The child sex laws ar esom eof the most constantly re-worked laws on the books.  The trend has been to include those "slots" where the conduct between kids close to the same age is not illegal.

Lat week we worked a case of sex between 12 year olds.........for lack of a better term, the prosecutor's office ruled that case to be "offsetting penalties".....no charges.

Maine is a good example of how the "slots" are used.....and their law is pretty clearly written, unlike the confusion and contradictions in many states.

Edited by Left Brain 2013-05-23 10:35 AM
2013-05-23 10:37 AM

User image

Champion
the colony texas

Most states have "slots" where 14 year olds can indeed engage in consensual sex with people who are close to their age.  You have to actually read each line to find the exceptions......I would say I deal with this most Monday monrings when I come to work after a weekend of kid parties. 

To your point....I looked at the first 18 states and found that the conduct in the OP would be legal in 10 of them by statute....and that's if the statutes are current.  The child sex laws ar esom eof the most constantly re-worked laws on the books.  The trend has been to include those "slots" where the conduct between kids close to the same age is not illegal.

Lat week we worked a case of sex between 12 year olds.........for lack of a better term, the prosecutor's office ruled that case to be "offsetting penalties".....no charges.

my reading comprehension is fine, unless it's a day ending in {Y}

I went back and checked and I must be missing something and hopefully you can explain.. I pulled the first 10 you mention and will list below, but all of them say a 14 yr is a no no. Some state anything with a 4 year age difference also a no no.
Alabama has a sexual intercourse vs sexual contact which I'm not sure how that state defines each.

Alabama
An individual is deemed incapable of consent if he or she is less than 16 years of age,[38] with the following exceptions:
• Sexual intercourse with a victim who is greater than 12 years of age and less than 16 years of age is not considered rape if the defendant is less than 2 years older than the victim.[39]
• Sexual contact with a victim who is greater than 12 years of age and less than 16 years of age is legal as long as the defendant is less than 19 years of age.[40]
Alaska
Children under 16 years of age are unable to consent to sexual activity,[54] with the following exceptions:
• If the defendant and victim are married to one another[55]
• If the victim is at least 13 years of age and the defendant is less than 3 years older than the victim[56]
• If the victim is less than 13 years of age and the defendant is less than 16 years of age and less than 3 years older than the victim[57]
Arizona
Children under 15 years of age are unable to consent to sexual conduct regardless of the age of the defendant.[69] Individuals who are at least 15 years of age and less than 18 years of age are unable to consent to sexual conduct[70] unless the defendant is: (1)less than 19 years of age or still attending high school and (2) no more than 2 years older than the victim.[71]

Arkan
Individuals under 14 years of age cannot consent to sexual activities, with the following exception:
• If the victim is at least 12 years of age and less than 14 years of age and the defendant is no more than 3 years older than the victim[85]
• If the victim is less than 12 years of age and the defendant is no more than 3 years older than the victim[86]
In addition, children less than 16 years of age cannot consent to sexual activity if the defendant is at least 20 years of age.[87]
Cali
An individual less than 18 years of age is unable to consent to sexual intercourse unless he or she is married to the defendant.[103]

Colorado
A child under 15 years of age cannot consent to sexual acts in cases where the other person is 4 or more years older than the victim. Individuals who are at least 15 years of age but less than 17 years of age can only consent to sexual acts if the other person is less than 10 years older than the victim.[123]

Conn
A child under 16 years of age is unable to consent to sexual intercourse when the other person is more than 2 years older than him or her.[136] However, sexual contact with someone less than 15 years of age is illegal regardless of the age of the defendant.[137]

Delaware
Children under 16 years of age are unable to consent to sexual intercourse regardless of the age of the defendant.[155] Individuals less than 18 years of age cannot consent to sexual intercourse if the defendant is 30 years of age or older except in those cases where the victim and the defendant are married to one another.[156]

DC
An individual less than 16 years of age is unable to consent to sexual activities with a person 4 or more years older than him or her.[172]
Flor
A child under 16 years of age cannot consent to sexual activity, regardless of the age of the defendant.[189] A child who is at least 16 years of age and less than 18 years of age cannot consent to sexual activity if the defendant is 24 years of age or older.[190]

2013-05-23 10:41 AM
in reply to: kevin_trapp

User image

Elite
Boise
Originally posted by kevin_trapp

Wow, I'm glad I didn't grow up in Idaho.

Serious. I looked it up and I was shocked. My son better watch out.
2013-05-23 11:17 AM

User image

Pro

my reading comprehension is fine, unless it's a day ending in {Y} I went back and checked and I must be missing something and hopefully you can explain.. I pulled the first 10 you mention and will list below, but all of them say a 14 yr is a no no. Some state anything with a 4 year age difference also a no no. Alabama has a sexual intercourse vs sexual contact which I'm not sure how that state defines each. Alabama An individual is deemed incapable of consent if he or she is less than 16 years of age,[38] with the following exceptions: • Sexual intercourse with a victim who is greater than 12 years of age and less than 16 years of age is not considered rape if the defendant is less than 2 years older than the victim.[39] • Sexual contact with a victim who is greater than 12 years of age and less than 16 years of age is legal as long as the defendant is less than 19 years of age.[40] Alaska Children under 16 years of age are unable to consent to sexual activity,[54] with the following exceptions: • If the defendant and victim are married to one another[55] • If the victim is at least 13 years of age and the defendant is less than 3 years older than the victim[56] • If the victim is less than 13 years of age and the defendant is less than 16 years of age and less than 3 years older than the victim[57] Arizona Children under 15 years of age are unable to consent to sexual conduct regardless of the age of the defendant.[69] Individuals who are at least 15 years of age and less than 18 years of age are unable to consent to sexual conduct[70] unless the defendant is: (1)less than 19 years of age or still attending high school and (2) no more than 2 years older than the victim.[71] Arkan Individuals under 14 years of age cannot consent to sexual activities, with the following exception: • If the victim is at least 12 years of age and less than 14 years of age and the defendant is no more than 3 years older than the victim[85] • If the victim is less than 12 years of age and the defendant is no more than 3 years older than the victim[86] In addition, children less than 16 years of age cannot consent to sexual activity if the defendant is at least 20 years of age.[87] Cali An individual less than 18 years of age is unable to consent to sexual intercourse unless he or she is married to the defendant.[103] Colorado A child under 15 years of age cannot consent to sexual acts in cases where the other person is 4 or more years older than the victim. Individuals who are at least 15 years of age but less than 17 years of age can only consent to sexual acts if the other person is less than 10 years older than the victim.[123] Conn A child under 16 years of age is unable to consent to sexual intercourse when the other person is more than 2 years older than him or her.[136] However, sexual contact with someone less than 15 years of age is illegal regardless of the age of the defendant.[137] Delaware Children under 16 years of age are unable to consent to sexual intercourse regardless of the age of the defendant.[155] Individuals less than 18 years of age cannot consent to sexual intercourse if the defendant is 30 years of age or older except in those cases where the victim and the defendant are married to one another.[156] DC An individual less than 16 years of age is unable to consent to sexual activities with a person 4 or more years older than him or her.[172] Flor A child under 16 years of age cannot consent to sexual activity, regardless of the age of the defendant.[189] A child who is at least 16 years of age and less than 18 years of age cannot consent to sexual activity if the defendant is 24 years of age or older.[190]

Yes, I can help you with it, but I don't have time right now.  I went back again....without a doubt it's legal in Alabama, Arkansas, Colorado, and Hawaii.....probably in Indiana....go to Maine, Missouri, etc....all legal.  The other issue, as you say, is definitions.  As most laws are written now, the courts will likely have a hard time calling sex between consenting females anything more than "sexual contact".....BY STATUTE. (capitalized so nobody misunderstands that I don't care what anyone calls it, or who engages in it).  It will take some time for the law to catch up with reality.....as usual.

Look, my point is simple.....child sex laws are not cut and dried....you have to be really careful saying, "oh, that's statutory rape"......in more instances than people realize it is not.

Here is a line frm the Alabama law....."Sexual contact[43] with someone more than 12 years of age and less than 16 years of age and where the defendant is at least 19 years of age.".....in the OP's Florida case where one is 14 and the other 18 it is perfectly legal in Alabama.

Edited by Left Brain 2013-05-23 11:20 AM
2013-05-23 12:21 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

my reading comprehension is fine, unless it's a day ending in {Y} I went back and checked and I must be missing something and hopefully you can explain.. I pulled the first 10 you mention and will list below, but all of them say a 14 yr is a no no. Some state anything with a 4 year age difference also a no no. Alabama has a sexual intercourse vs sexual contact which I'm not sure how that state defines each. Alabama An individual is deemed incapable of consent if he or she is less than 16 years of age,[38] with the following exceptions: • Sexual intercourse with a victim who is greater than 12 years of age and less than 16 years of age is not considered rape if the defendant is less than 2 years older than the victim.[39] • Sexual contact with a victim who is greater than 12 years of age and less than 16 years of age is legal as long as the defendant is less than 19 years of age.[40] Alaska Children under 16 years of age are unable to consent to sexual activity,[54] with the following exceptions: • If the defendant and victim are married to one another[55] • If the victim is at least 13 years of age and the defendant is less than 3 years older than the victim[56] • If the victim is less than 13 years of age and the defendant is less than 16 years of age and less than 3 years older than the victim[57] Arizona Children under 15 years of age are unable to consent to sexual conduct regardless of the age of the defendant.[69] Individuals who are at least 15 years of age and less than 18 years of age are unable to consent to sexual conduct[70] unless the defendant is: (1)less than 19 years of age or still attending high school and (2) no more than 2 years older than the victim.[71] Arkan Individuals under 14 years of age cannot consent to sexual activities, with the following exception: • If the victim is at least 12 years of age and less than 14 years of age and the defendant is no more than 3 years older than the victim[85] • If the victim is less than 12 years of age and the defendant is no more than 3 years older than the victim[86] In addition, children less than 16 years of age cannot consent to sexual activity if the defendant is at least 20 years of age.[87] Cali An individual less than 18 years of age is unable to consent to sexual intercourse unless he or she is married to the defendant.[103] Colorado A child under 15 years of age cannot consent to sexual acts in cases where the other person is 4 or more years older than the victim. Individuals who are at least 15 years of age but less than 17 years of age can only consent to sexual acts if the other person is less than 10 years older than the victim.[123] Conn A child under 16 years of age is unable to consent to sexual intercourse when the other person is more than 2 years older than him or her.[136] However, sexual contact with someone less than 15 years of age is illegal regardless of the age of the defendant.[137] Delaware Children under 16 years of age are unable to consent to sexual intercourse regardless of the age of the defendant.[155] Individuals less than 18 years of age cannot consent to sexual intercourse if the defendant is 30 years of age or older except in those cases where the victim and the defendant are married to one another.[156] DC An individual less than 16 years of age is unable to consent to sexual activities with a person 4 or more years older than him or her.[172] Flor A child under 16 years of age cannot consent to sexual activity, regardless of the age of the defendant.[189] A child who is at least 16 years of age and less than 18 years of age cannot consent to sexual activity if the defendant is 24 years of age or older.[190]

Yes, I can help you with it, but I don't have time right now.  I went back again....without a doubt it's legal in Alabama, Arkansas, Colorado, and Hawaii.....probably in Indiana....go to Maine, Missouri, etc....all legal.  The other issue, as you say, is definitions.  As most laws are written now, the courts will likely have a hard time calling sex between consenting females anything more than "sexual contact".....BY STATUTE. (capitalized so nobody misunderstands that I don't care what anyone calls it, or who engages in it).  It will take some time for the law to catch up with reality.....as usual.

Look, my point is simple.....child sex laws are not cut and dried....you have to be really careful saying, "oh, that's statutory rape"......in more instances than people realize it is not.

Here is a line frm the Alabama law....."Sexual contact[43] with someone more than 12 years of age and less than 16 years of age and where the defendant is at least 19 years of age.".....in the OP's Florida case where one is 14 and the other 18 it is perfectly legal in Alabama.

I believe it would be legal in Nebraska as well.  The catch here is the older individual has to be 19 or older.
(from your link)

Sexual assault of a child[469]Sexual contact[470] with someone less than 15 years of age where the defendant is at least 19 years of age.
1st degree sexual assault[471]Sexual penetration[472] with someone less than 16 years of age where the defendant is at least 19 years of age.

2013-05-23 1:15 PM

User image

Champion
the colony texas

please.. you don't need to use your time for this I was on a conference call when they sound went out so I had time to do something. I think I was getting mixed up on age. I thought the person was UNDER 14 not 14, so my bad on that part. Then your post where you said IF it was a male/female it would be legal, made me curious to actually go and read the link.

I totally agree with you that it's very different from state to state, with people automatically thinking anything under 18 is illegal not being the best way to react. , and I think it's a good thing that they have a lot of little exceptions dealing with the age between people. If anything I was surprised that more states didn't have more exceptions.
2013-05-23 1:19 PM

User image

Pro

please.. you don't need to use your time for this I was on a conference call when they sound went out so I had time to do something. I think I was getting mixed up on age. I thought the person was UNDER 14 not 14, so my bad on that part. Then your post where you said IF it was a male/female it would be legal, made me curious to actually go and read the link. I totally agree with you that it's very different from state to state, with people automatically thinking anything under 18 is illegal not being the best way to react. , and I think it's a good thing that they have a lot of little exceptions dealing with the age between people. If anything I was surprised that more states didn't have more exceptions.

I do too.

Edited by Left Brain 2013-05-23 1:19 PM

2013-05-23 1:20 PM

User image

Pro
Uh oh.....looks like the quote thingy is wigged out.
2013-05-23 2:56 PM

User image

Champion
the colony texas

Uh oh.....looks like the quote thingy is wigged out.

I wonder if that's with all the changes.. Noticed it early today.
2013-05-27 6:55 PM
in reply to: Gaarryy

User image

Elite

When I was 18... 14 was weird. 15 will get you 20 was what I was always told. I can't possible comprehend how anyone could say this is only being brought up because of same sex.

You want equality... you got it.

2013-05-27 9:39 PM
in reply to: powerman

User image

Pro
Originally posted by powerman

When I was 18... 14 was weird. 15 will get you 20 was what I was always told. I can't possible comprehend how anyone could say this is only being brought up because of same sex.

You want equality... you got it.

I see that the loss of your tumor has  not affected your brutally honest common sense.......nice! Laughing  

Still, same sex or not.....in many states, 18 and 14 is fine.  I think that's probably about right.....I'd hate to see an 18 year old listed as a sex offender because he/she had sex with her/his 14 year old boyfriend/girlfriend.  Whew.....did I cover it all?  Laughing 

I think I'm old.

2013-05-27 11:57 PM

User image

Elite

Ya... and no totally outside the realm of possible. There were not a lot of seniors that turned 18 before graduation. But 14 is 8th grade, and a senior going out with a 8th grader.... uh... I do not remember all the cool kids going to pick up their 8th grade girlfriends. That is a pretty huge gap at that age. Should it be criminal... no... but that is as far as I'm willing to take it. Cause an 18 year old with a 7th grader... that's just not right no matter how you look at it.

But, the thing is there are these laws in every state, and you should generally know when you jr. girl friend is just not cool and when she is criminal. Because when you graduate... hanging out at the jr high is going to be the same delima.

2013-05-28 12:06 AM
in reply to: powerman

User image

Pro

I don't know anymore.  I hear you.....but then I work cases where the girl is 14 and the guy is 21...and the girl said she was 17, and looked more like 20....or the girl/woman was 21 and the guy was 14, and 6'2", and shaving....and I'm just lost trying to figure out what I think.

I know wrong when I see it, at least to me......but I've been in the business long enough to know that the lines are very blurry when it involves teenagers or young adults and the sex is consensual.  I'm usually OK with the laws, they are what they are....it's the lifetime label of "sex offender" that bothers me when it comes to kids.

2013-05-28 8:52 AM

User image

Champion
Chicago, Illinois
The younger girl was in jr high? I thought they were on the basketball team together. Then again after this weekend my memory is not so good. .
2013-05-28 12:06 PM
in reply to: chirunner134

User image

Master
Oceanside, California
During the conversion, I lost a lengthy post.

For California, this age span would not only be technically illegal, but it would also span the requirements of mandated child abuse reporting for consensual sex.

The reality is, most close-age cases of statutory rape never get enforced, mainly due to lack of reporting.
But this is not even close.

There is a pretty elaborate rubric for reporting consensual sex in CA.
It takes in account not just age, but a determination on the appearance of exploitation.
http://www.youthlaw.org/fileadmin/ncyl/youthlaw/publications/minor_...

The same sex issue to me is broken down to two likely scenarios.

If there is different enforcement rate in hetero- sex statutory cases compared to same-sex, it doesn't pass the smell test.
Both would be equally illegal, and so the differential enforcement would seem discriminatory.
With that age difference, both should be enforced pretty damn aggressively.

If the enforcement rate is the same, but the parents were more likely to report because they did not approve of the relationship.. well, you still broke the law and the system is doing its job - mess with people your own age.
2013-05-28 12:20 PM

User image

Master
Oceanside, California

I don't know anymore.  I hear you.....but then I work cases where the girl is 14 and the guy is 21...and the girl said she was 17, and looked more like 20....or the girl/woman was 21 and the guy was 14, and 6'2", and shaving....and I'm just lost trying to figure out what I think.

I know wrong when I see it, at least to me......but I've been in the business long enough to know that the lines are very blurry when it involves teenagers or young adults and the sex is consensual.  I'm usually OK with the laws, they are what they are....it's the lifetime label of "sex offender" that bothers me when it comes to kids.

I have also, but it is hard for me to buy the story unless the pick up is in a 21+ bar where the expectation is that there is no way a 14 yo got in... especially when I also have experiences of needing to fight off college guys from cruising a high school cheer camp on a college campus or from cruising the immediate area after a h.s. gets out of class.

Granted not everyone works or grew up in a neighborhood where the average mother of 2 is 18, but still.

If a guy cannot tell the difference between 14 year-old and an 18 year-old in a conversation after 2 minutes, there is an argument to be made in limiting their civil liberties to keep them away from malls, firearms, automobiles or other big machines that can main.

I have worked in high schools since the mid-90's and have seen plenty of students try to flirt or outright proposition adult staff.
I just cannot wrap my head around the possibility that a 21 year old acting in anything resembling good faith could accidentally fall for a 14 year old.
Again, looks aside, my benchmark is two minutes of conversation for knowing better... 5-10 if you are not that bright.... 10-15 if you are extra special and probably on my caseload.

New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » 18 yr old arrested for relations with 14 yr old... Rss Feed  

of 2

RELATED POSTS

my 6 yr old found the christmas list???

Started by houston-tri-mamma
Views: 951 Posts: 22

2006-12-17 12:32 AM bootygirl

who has a 2 yr old daughter?

Started by possum
Views: 772 Posts: 5

2006-11-10 7:50 PM caius

88 yr old loves tri's

Started by houston-tri-mamma
Views: 501 Posts: 1

2006-06-26 12:15 PM houston-tri-mamma

Gift for an 8-yr old boy Pages: 1 2

Started by Denise2003
Views: 1979 Posts: 28

2005-11-12 12:14 AM cadreamer

19 yr old Broke Michael Johnson’s world 400-metre record

Started by David_Zen
Views: 1352 Posts: 3

2005-03-14 4:11 PM kimj81
RELATED ARTICLES
date : June 27, 2011
author : Trmlo
comments : 10
At 66 years old, I completed my first sprint triathlon!

date : March 10, 2011
author : Scott Tinley
comments : 1
Tinley on triathlon, aging, and the attitude of a masters athlete
date : October 2, 2005
author : writers2
comments : 20
My First Half Ironman Experience-A Slow, Fat, Old Triathlete. Here is my story of my first, and probably only Half Ironman. I’m an almost 52 year old, VERY Athena triathlete.

date : September 3, 2005
author : trad_it
comments : 0
Now, for the last 20 years I’ve always though that jogging seemed about as interesting as watching paint dry, and you know what? That’s how it turned out to be.
date : July 17, 2005
author : ChiRunning
Running does not cause injury. Poor running form does. Running is more enjoyable, and safer if you know what you’re doing. And yes, even old dogs can learn new tricks.

date : May 3, 2005
author : Rich Strauss
comments : 5
The 112/4 Race Rehearsal Brick. If done correctly, the RR is usually no more stressful than a regular training ride, and that is probably the point.
date : March 13, 2005
author : malvey
Training for mature and older adults is the key to staying young.

date : August 31, 2004
author : malvey
Get inspired to race a triathlon even if your older.