General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Late evening workouts and asthma? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-09-20 7:46 AM

User image

Master
Eugene, Oregon
Bronze member
Subject: Late evening workouts and asthma?
Trying to simplify the question and move it here from the Health forum in hopes that someone has some insight.....

A doctor recently suggested to me that doing a workout late in the day, particularly within a few hours of sleeping, might be triggering some of my asthma attacks at night. It's the first time I've heard of this, and trying to think through if it makes any sense in my case. Has anyone noticed a connection between doing a workout late in the day, particularly an intense one, and asthma attacks during the night? Or know a medical reason why this might be the case?

The explanation, something about adrenaline levels, really didn't make sense to me; for sleep problems, maybe, but not asthma. I didn't think I had exercise induced asthma as I don't normally have issues DURING exercise or shortly after; they are usually triggered by exposure to dust, mold, smoke, or general air pollution, and happen up to several hours after the exposure, whether or not it involved exercise.

Edited by Hot Runner 2013-09-20 7:47 AM
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Late evening workouts and asthma? Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Post workout nutrition for late night workouts

Started by mattramirez
Views: 8181 Posts: 21

2012-06-29 4:39 PM JZig

exercise induced asthma (EIA) - coughing after tough workout

Started by TMLgirl
Views: 5536 Posts: 22

2012-04-19 9:28 PM MonkeyClaw

Evening workouts and sleeping

Started by graceful_dave
Views: 1004 Posts: 12

2007-11-01 10:36 AM kellycham

Evening Workouts

Started by natlteam10
Views: 1146 Posts: 23

2006-01-31 7:06 PM dare2trimom

Morning & Evening Workouts

Started by richblast
Views: 947 Posts: 4

2004-04-01 12:36 AM tmwelshy
RELATED ARTICLES
date : November 28, 2011
author : juliapurr
comments : 0
Bored out of your mind or watching a movie? Amp it up on the bike trainer.

date : May 24, 2010
author : mrakes1
comments : 3
My hunger stays under control well enough throughout the day eating every couple hours but come 9:00 pm I am again craving something sweet and if I don't eat I don't sleep.
date : January 27, 2009
Discussions on half Ironman training and race nutrition, the best breakfast for a late workout, the best pasta for carbo loading and how/when to use gels.

date : June 18, 2008
author : Team BT
Easily transfer your workout data from your Garmin, Polar, Timex and more directly into your BT training log. Eliminate the manual entries. Save time!
date : March 17, 2008
Provide your body with a wholesome and nutritious meal and keep healthy, low-calorie evening snacks available for after dinner.

date : February 18, 2008
Getting ready for a long workout? Here are some nutritional guidelines on how best to fuel your body in preparation for that long workout.
date : December 7, 2006
author : Ontherun
"Finding triathlon has probably saved my life." A late bloomer shares some of his journeys on becoming a 4rth year triathlete.

date : March 5, 2006
author : AMSSM
comments : 1
Your sports medicine physician may recommend an exercise challenge. This test involves blowing into the spirometer, exercising hard enough and long enough to cause symptoms.