Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Is anyone else furloughed? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply
2013-10-07 9:27 AM

New user
Subject: Is anyone else furloughed?
If so, how are you getting along?

My feelings are mixed. I would much rather be at work and earning my paycheck. But it is giving me the opportunity to work on projects that I would have to take time off for. I am taking advantage of it.

Did you have to furlough earlier in the year due to sequestration? My agency did not(although it was going to be required then not be required several times), and I wonder if we will be required to use some of this current furlough to make up for that.

2013-10-07 9:49 AM
in reply to: moogley

User image

Pro
Subject: RE: Is anyone else furloughed?
My wife is now pissed that she HAS to report to work and others like you don't.....and all will receive back pay just like during the Clinton shutdown.  Everyone's got something to whine about in this deal. Laughing
2013-10-07 9:59 AM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Pro

I was at a tri club party yesterday, one member is furloughed, a few of them are engineers at Boeing and were told to expect an announcement this week. I'm dealing with one client who can't pay me, and of course I will hear nothing from NIH regarding by research grants until this is over. 

Care for some cheese to go with that whine?

2013-10-07 10:04 AM
in reply to: BrianRunsPhilly

User image

Pro
Originally posted by BrianRunsPhilly

I was at a tri club party yesterday, one member is furloughed, a few of them are engineers at Boeing and were told to expect an announcement this week. I'm dealing with one client who can't pay me, and of course I will hear nothing from NIH regarding by research grants until this is over. 

Dude.....my daughter wants a new saddle for her horse....she is now forced to sacrifice....there is no end to the madness. Laughing

2013-10-07 10:07 AM
in reply to: moogley

User image

No but I wish I was.  I understand not having a paycheck can be hard to handle but I would also welcome the extra time to spend with my kids.  The way I look at it work will always be there (in some fashion) so any opportunity for the other stuff is good.

Plus then I could've gone to Brians party and not had to worry about waking up for work.

2013-10-07 10:09 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Pro
Originally posted by Left Brain

Dude.....my daughter wants a new saddle for her horse....she is now forced to sacrifice....there is no end to the madness. Laughing

If things get really bad you can always eat the horse. I have an 18 pound cat that would make pretty good stir-fry. Yankee ingenuity at its finest

Edited by BrianRunsPhilly 2013-10-07 10:09 AM

2013-10-07 10:16 AM
in reply to: BrianRunsPhilly

User image

Pro

If things get really bad you can always eat the horse. I have an 18 pound cat that would make pretty good stir-fry. Yankee ingenuity at its finest

LMAO  I had just written a post about eating the horse.....but I didn't want to offend the horse. Laughing

2013-10-07 11:53 AM

User image

Pro

LMAO  I had just written a post about eating the horse.....but I didn't want to offend the horse. Laughing

I wonder if it goes well with those pull-apart biscuits?

2013-10-07 1:50 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran

Better do it quick while the FDA and USDA are still shut down.

I'm guessing she uses fly spray on him that very clearly states on the label:
Not for animals intended for human consumption.

Take advantage of the lack of regulation! (I know my husband wishes I would.)
2013-10-07 2:17 PM
in reply to: Moonrocket

User image

Pro
Originally posted by Moonrocket

Better do it quick while the FDA and USDA are still shut down. I'm guessing she uses fly spray on him that very clearly states on the label: Not for animals intended for human consumption. Take advantage of the lack of regulation! (I know my husband wishes I would.)

HA!!  My wife and one of my daughters both have a horse......it keeps them busy so I'm good with it...but I don't want ANYTHING to do with those nags.

2013-10-07 2:22 PM

User image

Champion
Chicago

Better do it quick while the FDA and USDA are still shut down. I'm guessing she uses fly spray on him that very clearly states on the label: Not for animals intended for human consumption. Take advantage of the lack of regulation! (I know my husband wishes I would.)

HA!!  My wife and one of my daughters both have a horse......it keeps them busy so I'm good with it...but I don't want ANYTHING to do with those nags.

YOu better be talking about the horse lest your wife reads this!

2013-10-07 2:25 PM
in reply to: mr2tony

User image

Pro
Cool
2013-10-07 3:02 PM

User image

Regular
Furloughed, BUT essential. Show up, work, AND don't get paid!! HTFU!!
2013-10-07 3:28 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Expert
Boise, Idaho
Originally posted by mr2tony

YOu better be talking about the horse lest your wife reads this!

Dang!  Beat me to it!

Edited by jeffnboise 2013-10-07 3:28 PM
2013-10-08 10:25 AM
in reply to: prieto539

User image

Master
North edge of nowhere
Originally posted by prieto539

Furloughed, BUT essential. Show up, work, AND don't get paid!! HTFU!!

Same here. Yesterday we were told that we'll get a partial paycheck for pay period 19, for the days in that pay period that were prior to October 1st. Everything after that is an IOU.

I've been preparing for something like this, so it doesn't affect me as much as I see it worrying many of my coworkers. We know that this is temporary, but "temporary" doesn't help folks with families to take care of and very little savings.

My previous girlfriend used to get frustrated with me for always putting money in savings. She said "you work for the government, your job is secure". I told her I don't see it that way, and now I've been proven right. Sometimes I'd rather be wrong.
New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Is anyone else furloughed? Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

So am I an idiot or am I an idiot... Pages: 1 2

Started by crazyyella
Views: 1979 Posts: 27

2009-08-31 9:34 AM CerveloP2K

Is anyone else as Pi$$ed Off about this whole story as I am?

Started by MUL98
Views: 891 Posts: 14

2007-03-11 1:28 PM Machiavelo

Am I aiming too high?

Started by David_Zen
Views: 983 Posts: 2

2005-03-11 6:30 PM gypsykorea

I am heart broken.... Pages: 1 2

Started by TriMommy
Views: 2945 Posts: 43

2004-09-07 6:04 PM scuba-punk

what am i going to do!

Started by redbullgt337
Views: 880 Posts: 8

2004-07-29 9:20 AM tractoral
RELATED ARTICLES
date : May 5, 2008
author : TriPainter
comments : 1
I went into the pool area (as this was a pool swim) and got body marked. That's when it hit me that I was there to race - this was not a clinic.

date : September 24, 2007
author : mrakes1
comments : 0
Discussions on salt tablets, AM workout nutrition, coffee, post workout nutrition, whey powder, recovery nutrition, losing weight, Recoverite usage, the necessity of sugars and snack ideas.