General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Custom Race Kit, Suggestions? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-01-13 5:10 PM

User image

Subject: Custom Race Kit, Suggestions?
I am looking for small order for custom Tri Tops, 1-3 units depending on cost. Has anyone ordered any custom apparel for tri/cycling and have any company recommendations? I had a company bookmarked over summer but that computer died and I cannot for the life of me remember the name.

Thanks!

2014-01-13 6:06 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Subject: RE: Custom Race Kit, Suggestions?

I've worked with Champion Systems and I really like them.  They were really easy to work with and had great customer service as far as helping us apply a design to many different products.  They also have a very good selection of run, bike, swim, tri, and general (hats, shirts, visors, etc) apparel in a variety of quality.  Their cheap stuff is low quality, and their high end stuff is pretty good quality.  About what you expect for what you pay IMHO.  

One thing of note though is I'm not a fan of their tri products.  I like the pad in their tri shorts, but they don't fit well on me.  Maybe just my body type which I wouldn't say is "normal."  Their shorts tend to ride low on me and I have to constantly pull them up.  Thier bike shorts are fine though.  Thier tri tops also tend to catch a lot of wind when on the bike.  It wasn't just me either.  Their tri suits seemed to work better for others though.  Also, the way they put pockets on their tri tops and their tri suits is pretty silly.  Basically unusable, but I'm sure it's something they can fix in the future.

I do like their cycling stuff though.  The Edge line is pretty good quality and their skin suits (<-----------pictured to the left)fit me well.  The standard chamios pad does a pretty good job, but the $10 upgrade for the endurance pad is nice.  Their bib shorts seemed to have shorter straps than normal though.  I have a long torso and I couldn't get the straps over my shoulders without feeling like I may rip them.  Others didn't seem to have a problem though.

Edited by Jason N 2014-01-13 6:07 PM
2014-01-14 11:56 AM
in reply to: Jason N

User image

Regular
Portland, Oregon
Our tri club just placed an order through champion systems. The process was pretty great, and our CS contact ALWAYS emailed back promptly. That was very cool.
They sent out sizing demos and most of our members ended up ordering different sizes than they would've blind, so either get your hands on some samples, or use those size guides and measure close. The demos looked very well made, but since our order has not arrived yet, not word on real world testing.
2014-01-18 10:09 AM
in reply to: nacumbo89

New user
Lake Forest, Illinois
Hi,

We have a very flexible option for smaller teams where you can order and re-order just 1 piece at a time.
We can print about anything: logos, text, names.

Don't hesitate to contact us; we'll be happy to help you in a speedy way.

Best,
2014-01-18 5:17 PM

User image

Elite
N Carolina
Another vote for Champion Systems.
2014-01-20 2:11 PM

User image

Veteran
Houston, TX
There is also Sugoi. I'll let you know how they are after my order arrives.

2014-01-20 5:09 PM
in reply to: Jason N

User image

Expert
Albuquerque, NM
I've used Voler before with good results.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Custom Race Kit, Suggestions? Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Custom tri racing kits

Started by BrianRunsPhilly
Views: 2132 Posts: 13

2012-12-18 3:05 PM rss_joey

USA tri race kit

Started by husse23
Views: 1411 Posts: 7

2012-06-20 7:51 AM Experior

Received my 1st sponsored race kit today :)

Started by playmobil31
Views: 1974 Posts: 13

2012-04-16 7:00 PM playmobil31

Race tool kit???

Started by wozin8or
Views: 914 Posts: 11

2011-04-28 7:16 PM RedCorvette

Best race kit goodies

Started by couch2tri
Views: 1763 Posts: 16

2006-07-10 5:59 PM max
RELATED ARTICLES
date : March 28, 2012
author : EnduRight
comments : 0
Iron distance racing depends on the three pillars of pacing, nutrition and mental outlook. Training these three areas can significantly improve your race.

date : March 28, 2012
author : AMSSM
comments : 2
My left leg is significantly shorter than my right by 7mm. For the bike I got an extra shim in my cleat, so I'm wondering if orthotics would be called for in my running shoes?
date : February 3, 2011
author : alicefoeller
comments : 4
Scheduling workouts in the Custom Training Plan Creator for an ideal, balanced, injury-free season

date : August 7, 2009
author : FitWerx
I am in the process of buying my first tri bike. Because of my size my fitter suggested buying a custom frame but then I have an infinite number of choices for components, wheels, aerobars, etc.
date : October 7, 2008
author : Coach AJ
I'm going to let you in on how to get faster by doing nothing. Well, not exactly nothing, but you won't have to raise your heart rate, put out 300 watts, or really even break a sweat.

date : April 14, 2008
author : Ron
comments : 3
So what is behind the Infinit line of custom nutrition products? We took a trip to the Infinit world headquarters and conducted an in-depth review of the Infinit Nutrition product.
date : January 1, 2008
author : BGTwinDad
comments : 2
We will take a peek into the lowly saddlebag to see what needs to be in there in case of emergency. Much of this may be common sense, some might surprise you, and some are simply just my opinion.

date : December 14, 2004
author : chrisandniki
Learn to perform routine maintenance on your bike. Knowing basic maintenance will make you a better rider. You’ll also come to recognize the complexity and beauty of this machine.