Canadian Triathlon Forum British Columbia » Best BC Half Iron Race? Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply
2014-01-24 5:43 PM

Subject: Best BC Half Iron Race?
Looking to sign up for a half ironman distance race. Considering Oliver, Subaru Vancouver or Subaru Victoria... Have raced the Victoria and Vancouver courses in sprint and olympic distance. What is your favourite half iron to race in BC and why? Is the widely reported trouble at Outback events a knock against doing Oliver? Or is it the same experience regardless?

2014-01-24 9:58 PM
in reply to: ibrack

User image

Extreme Veteran
Penticton, BC
Subject: RE: Best BC Half Iron Race?
I'm signed up for the Victoria Half and I'll likely do the Challenge Penticton Half as well but I haven't done a half in BC yet. (I did the Lake Stevens last year and it was quite good - just not BC).

I hear a lot of good about Victoria and I often do the Oliver course in training for other races. So far, the Oliver Half should go ahead as usual. I'm planning to finish my 2014 season with the Cultus Lake Olympic (also Outback) it was great last year.

For me, I look at when I want to race so if Victoria and Oliver are too early for you then Osoyoos in July or Challenge in August may be better timing (I'm not sure when Vancouver is held). Other than that I think they are all worth doing.
2014-01-30 1:09 PM
in reply to: wenceslasz

User image

Pro
Vancouver, BC
Subject: RE: Best BC Half Iron Race?

I've done the Victoria half, but that was in 2005, so I'm not sure if it was still the same course. I liked it. I thought the course and everything about the race was great. I'm a bit clumsy though and I tripped on the trail run around Elk Lake.

New Thread
Canadian Triathlon Forum British Columbia » Best BC Half Iron Race? Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Good BC website to sell bikes?

Started by Kelownagirl
Views: 1134 Posts: 4

2013-04-07 11:11 PM tsrf900r

Any suggestions re: best first BC triathlon

Started by tbeanerman
Views: 1944 Posts: 23

2009-10-14 10:30 AM Global

New Balance Half Iron...CHANGE TO BIKE COURSE

Started by Busygirl
Views: 967 Posts: 6

2007-06-04 9:26 PM browner6

New Balance Half Iron anyone?

Started by Busygirl
Views: 901 Posts: 12

2007-04-09 9:43 AM Busygirl

BC BT RACE??? Pages: 1 2

Started by Crazypop
Views: 2676 Posts: 42

2007-02-07 12:43 AM Princess_Megz
RELATED ARTICLES
date : June 28, 2012
author : writingrunner
comments : 0
How my first half iron distance triathlon brought back feelings of high school competition.

date : September 22, 2009
author : Ali Winslow
Is it realistic to race a sprint and Olympic distance race within 2-3 weeks of one another to gauge my progress before tackling the half Ironman?
date : January 27, 2009
author : mrakes1
Discussions on half Ironman training and race nutrition, the best breakfast for a late workout, the best pasta for carbo loading and how/when to use gels.

date : August 21, 2008
author : vm354
comments : 1
How Pilates training helped a wanna-be triathlete realize the goal of completing a half-Ironman, Ironman 70.3 Rhode Island.
date : December 11, 2007
author : Nancy Clark
comments : 1
Searching for the perfect gift for a friend, relative, or teammate? Here's a list of winning book suggestions for active people.

date : January 3, 2007
author : acbadger
comments : 8
I’m not going to sugar coat my experience and tell you that it was a piece of cake, but I am going to attempt to give you some advice and useful information that I wish I had before participating.
date : October 30, 2005
author : mikericci
What most athletes forget to realize is that all the training in the world will go down the toilet if the pacing or the nutrition plan isn�t executed properly.

date : September 3, 2005
author : chrisandniki
This is not an easy task, especially for the “9-to-5er” with family. But you can do it – all without sacrificing your marriage, job or family.