General Discussion Triathlon Talk » swim suit sizes - gr! Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-02-07 12:48 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Virginny
Subject: swim suit sizes - gr!

I am so annoyed. I am looking for a technical suit because these actually have legs to them. I just want a neck-to-knee one, and there are some that are less than $150. BUT it seems that they only make them up to size 36. I am a 38 or 40. WTF? 38 isn't even plus size! Has anyone been able to find these in large or x-large sizes?

- Rebecca

2014-02-14 12:33 PM
in reply to: miche033

User image

Delaware, OH
Subject: RE: swim suit sizes - gr!
Neck to knee, as in a modest swim suit? http://www.swimoutlet.com/product_p/28044.htm#color=9343

Or are you looking for a fast/technical suit? http://www.swimoutlet.com/Womens_Technical_Suits_Neck_to_Knee_s/103...

The modest swim suits aren't going to be as tight, or as nice to swim in....they are not made for what triathletes do....race & train!

The Technical suits are made for swimmers who are swimming at an elite level (nationals, Jr. Olympics, college, ect), so you aren't going to find them larger than 36.

I know it might be a bit unnerving to show off so much leg and back, but you will be much happier in a 'normal' training suit. Just order by your bra strap size and the suit will fit. (I'm a 38C/D and I wear the skinny strap suit just fine). I personally swim in Speedo, but Sporti makes good cheap suits (run long in the torso for this short gal!). You can also check out TYR.

Good luck!
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » swim suit sizes - gr! Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Tri Suit Size for Clydes?

Started by Tom018
Views: 2252 Posts: 11

2012-03-13 4:52 PM bo4uofm

Where to find tri suits in larger sizes?

Started by MoniqueGriffith
Views: 1762 Posts: 8

2011-07-14 6:57 PM NDIrishO3

wet suit sizing.

Started by SoberTriGuy
Views: 3168 Posts: 12

2011-08-02 11:58 AM jdbadger

Bike Clothing/Tri Suit sizing

Started by spjon25
Views: 1199 Posts: 2

2009-12-06 8:50 PM TeamAngel

Swim Suit / Jammers Help

Started by trainee
Views: 9462 Posts: 23

2009-10-27 4:11 PM Pector55
RELATED ARTICLES
date : December 12, 2009
author : FitWerx
comments : 0
We are often asked the question, "What size frame should I buy" and the answer is “it depends”. I know that’s not the answer you want to hear, but hopefully the following will shed some more light.

date : March 10, 2009
author : t3coach1
Looking to shave some time off and improve your swim efficiency during your races? We review the Rocket Skin Suit by Rocket Science Sports.
date : October 29, 2008
author : Tri Swim Coach
Triathlon swim training discussions on the pull, open water swimming all year, winter swim focus, bilateral breathing during a race and Ironman swim training in 6 weeks.

date : July 7, 2008
author : Ron
comments : 1
This is a 'first impressions' review of the Fit2Race Sockeye Fullsuit. From a first wetsuit point-of-view, I was able to dramatically improve my pace over non-wetsuit swims.
date : March 17, 2008
author : randomescape
comments : 10
I first decided I was going to "do" a triathlon in 1994. It wasn't until 13 years later, in 2007 that I actually did. Why did it take me 13 years to get to the starting line? The swim!

date : October 3, 2007
author : Diane1961
I step gingerly into the pond. I did not know water could be that cold and not be ice. Briefly I can see the bottom and then everything is black except for my pale hands extending from my black suit.
date : July 2, 2006
author : acbadger
comments : 1
Is there a magic number of days off for your training plan? Is it a one size fits all or an an individual choice?

date : May 1, 2006
author : acbadger
comments : 9
I am not going to buy a tri-suit before my first tri - I want to make sure I am going to stick with this before I spend a lot of money on it so I want to figure out what will work best.