General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Props to XLAB for great customer service Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-03-11 6:29 PM

User image

Regular
SF Bay area
Subject: Props to XLAB for great customer service

All too often we hear about bad experiences when dealing with companies that supply our tri habit.  I wanted to take a minute to give some positive feedback in case anyone is waffling between an XLAB product and one from company B.  I got their System 100 Torpedo aerobar mounted hydration system a few months back and unfortunately managed to put a hole in the bottom of the bottle.  I contacted them asking what I needed to do to get a replacement and within a few hours got an email back asking for more info and a photo so that they could see the damage better.  Once they got that, again within a couple of hours, I got a second email asking that I send the bottle back to them so that they can examine it more closely to determine how it got damaged (I'm assuming so that they can engineer out any issues) and that they would be putting a replacement bottle in the mail to me that day.  This is the kind of customer service that will keep me coming back to a company, and I know that there are many others out there who could learn from this.

Just curious, what other companies have you encountered for Tri related goods that have behaved similarly?   It would be good to know for future purchasing decisions.

2014-03-11 9:00 PM
in reply to: TTom

User image

Sioux Falls, SD
Subject: RE: Props to XLAB for great customer service
When I bought my bike used, it had a XLAB torpedo mount on it already. Two of the four straps holding it in place had been worn through and I called them to see if I could order more. I told them the edges of the holes were rough and chewed through the straps. They responded to me quickly asked me to take a picture and send it to them. They said that was one of the earlier ones they made and that they round out the holes now to stop that from happening and said they'd mail me a new one at no charge. I told them it came with the bike and I couldn't find straps for it and even though I didn't buy it they still replaced it for me. I agree with TTom, excellent customer service from my experience as well.
2014-03-12 12:39 AM
in reply to: buckeyeguy77

Cycleops-- Service and replacement are immediate and no questions asked. I'm definitely a fan now.
2014-03-12 6:43 AM
in reply to: buckeyeguy77

User image

Expert
Culpeper, VA
Sportcrafters - Their customer service and rollers are awesome!
XLAB - Bought one of their seat water bottle/bracket systems and I was missing some hardware... they sent me the hardware and then some.
2014-03-14 10:40 AM
in reply to: runningmon

User image

Extreme Veteran
Severna Park, MD
X2 on Cyclops!
2014-03-14 11:26 AM
in reply to: pburnett

User image

Chatham Ontario
This is awesome to read seeing I managed to get rid of my profile design stuff and I just ordered Xlab with my new bike.

I can't say the same for NATHAN products. I bought a hydration belt from them that totally stretched after 3 runs to the point I can't wear it already. They refused to do anything and suggested another one of their products as a solution to me. FACEPALM.

I will never buy another one of their products.

2014-03-14 11:57 AM
in reply to: Techdiver

User image

Miami
Xterra wetsuits, FLO wheels, and Garmin for me.

Not that happy with other brands, but these ones so far go beyond what I expected in customer service (not only replacing products, but also prompt to respond and always trying to help).

By the way, good to know about Xlab, the bite valve of the torpedo system I bought a couple of months ago, broke for no apparent reason. I can't get liquid out of the bottle.
2014-03-14 12:33 PM
in reply to: davidfedez

User image

Veteran
New Hampshire
TrainerRoad - After an update I was getting ready to ride and none of the workouts would show up. Emailed their help department, within minutes I got an email back (with a direct phone number in the signature) with some suggestions. After a few emails and maybe 15 minutes total I was up and running and I didn't even miss my scheduled ride. I've also sent them a few ideas/suggestions and they always respond.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Props to XLAB for great customer service Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Kudos to Xlab customer service

Started by globetruck
Views: 436 Posts: 1

2010-07-06 9:54 PM globetruck

Xlab-USA & Tricentral Ltd (UK) Customer services

Started by mpk
Views: 763 Posts: 1

2009-08-17 8:20 AM mpk

Profile Design - Great Customer Service

Started by BHannahs
Views: 798 Posts: 2

2008-05-21 2:08 PM Tri3

Great customer service!

Started by maura9900
Views: 1135 Posts: 3

2008-05-08 4:38 PM MrSolis

THIS is great customer service!

Started by hangloose
Views: 1068 Posts: 7

2007-09-27 1:52 PM hangloose
RELATED ARTICLES
date : August 15, 2013
author : JeffY
comments : 0
JeffY reviews this rear water bottle carrier on a variety of saddles.

date : February 15, 2013
author : XLAB Hydration
XLAB Launches the Latest Rear Single Bottle System, the DELTA 300
date : June 12, 2012
comments : 2
Mark will reveal blow by blow what took him from six devastating setbacks in the Ironman World Championships in Kona to the first of his six World Championship victories on the Big Island.

date : July 15, 2009
author : EndurancePlanet
Not only is he a great athlete, he is a great mentor. I have been in his mentor group for the last two rounds and he inspires and encourages our entire group daily.
date : October 4, 2006
author : trijesse
comments : 1
After years of waiting....its all about to change! This was my first triathlon and I have to say that the whole thing was amazing to me.

date : September 3, 2005
author : bflrich
You’re probably not going to get it just right immediately. Like always, just do the best you can and keep on keeping on. Don’t get upset if you don’t hit the target every time.
date : August 31, 2004
WAYNESVILLE, Ohio (August 22, 2004) Professional triathlete Felipe Bastos (BRA/USA) took another trip to Ohio this weekend...