General Discussion Triathlon Talk » 2012 Ironman Louisville Backpack Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-05-13 11:04 AM

New user
Subject: 2012 Ironman Louisville Backpack
Yesterday at a local lake where area triathletes swim one of my training buddies truck was stolen while we were swimming. Apparently someone was watching when he put his keys in his shoe down by the entrance steps approx 75 yards from the parking lot. Whoever, must have gotten the keys and drove off while we were swimming. Sucks.
Anyway, his laptop,iPhone ipad, wallet, college ring and 2012 Ironman Louisville backpack was in the truck. They are all gone and probably will never see them again.
I am reaching out to try to locate one of these backpacks from IM LOU 2012 to buy from someone, pay for shipping, whatever. Is there anyone out there?
He did Lou in 2010 and had real cramp probs from mile 70-112. He struggled to finish it, then struggled to finish the run and did. We went back in 2012 and he redeemed himself with a strong finish. He was very attached to that backpack.
Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks

2014-05-13 2:54 PM
in reply to: #4995541

User image

Subject: RE: 2012 Ironman Louisville Backpack
That stinks! I don't have one for you but I hope you find one. I have another friend who had a finisher shirt stolen from his car a while back and it is a tough loss to take because it is such a hard thing to replace.
2014-05-13 3:05 PM
in reply to: miamiamy

User image

Expert
Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa.

Have you approached the Ironman store?  I wonder if they can do a special printing of one?  Seems like it should be possible.

2014-05-13 3:31 PM
in reply to: siouxcityhawk

User image

New user
Austin, Texas
Don't give up hope of getting it back though. Since a backpack is of little value to a thief, it may still be in the truck if it's recovered. I'm speaking from experience on this one, since I had the unfortunate experience of also being robbed while I was swimming. It wasn't my car, but someone saw me hide my backpack under the foundation of a building in san francisco while I was swimming in the bay. Long story short, I got out of the water, and my bag, with my wallet, phone, and CLOTHES were gone, and I had a fun time getting home with nothing but my wetsuit on my back. A few days later some woman called me on my new phone and said she found a backpack in the bushes by her office with my name on it. Turns out, the thief just ran off with the bag, found a place to rummage through it, and once he found my wallet he just took that and left everything else. So while it was a pain to get a new license and credit cards, at least my sentimental things were still in there. I really hope he gets his truck and everything back. That is such a scummy move. I really can't believe people would do such a thing
2014-05-13 4:05 PM
in reply to: cedar creek

User image

Pro
Burbs

That sucks

If your friend hasn't done so already, make sure he files a police report.

Our PD office routinely runs pawn hits to check for stolen items... laptops, iPads, jewelry, etc. could likely be pawned

(sorry about the backpack - that was probably trashed )

2014-05-13 4:27 PM

User image

Expert
Madison, Wisconsin
Originally posted by cedar creek

Yesterday at a local lake where area triathletes swim one of my training buddies truck was stolen while we were swimming. Apparently someone was watching when he put his keys in his shoe down by the entrance steps approx 75 yards from the parking lot. Whoever, must have gotten the keys and drove off while we were swimming. Sucks.
Anyway, his laptop,iPhone ipad, wallet, college ring and 2012 Ironman Louisville backpack was in the truck. They are all gone and probably will never see them again.
I am reaching out to try to locate one of these backpacks from IM LOU 2012 to buy from someone, pay for shipping, whatever. Is there anyone out there?
He did Lou in 2010 and had real cramp probs from mile 70-112. He struggled to finish it, then struggled to finish the run and did. We went back in 2012 and he redeemed himself with a strong finish. He was very attached to that backpack.
Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks

I don't have an IMLou backpack but I have an IMWI backpack from the same year, 2 weeks after that I can give to you.

2014-05-13 7:37 PM
in reply to: #4995684

New user
Update
Truck recovered this afternoon abandoned in a parking lot. Wallet,60$ cash,laptop,and IPhone 5 still in the truck. Ipad,college ring other items and the Ironman Louisville backpack gone. Probably kids that have not yet graduated to being real car thieves yet.

Someone on another triathlon site stepped up and has already sent one to me.
Thank you for the thoughts and the offer for the IM Wisconsin backpack.
2014-05-13 7:40 PM

User image

New user
Austin, Texas
Left the cash but took the Ironman bag......sick.....
2014-05-20 9:20 AM
in reply to: trijamie

Veteran
when someone broke into my truck, they stole my backpack, left my wallet (we were playing soccer near by). friend and I went looking in the dumpters. they had dumped all the contents of the bag and kept the bag. must be quite the black market for back packs.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » 2012 Ironman Louisville Backpack Rss Feed