General Discussion Race Reports! » Lake Marion Triathlon - Sprint Course Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Lake Marion Triathlon - Sprint Course - Triathlon

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Lakeville, Minnesota
United States
The South Metro STORM Swim Club
Total Time = 1h 59m 53s
Overall Rank = 45/74
Age Group = Athena
Age Group Rank = 2/3
Event warmup:

I ran Ragnar the two days prior to this race, so I was pretty tired. Both generally and muscle-tired. I didn't have any goals here other than to show up and finish.

I got in the water to swim a bit and felt pretty good...
Swim
  • 14m 45s
  • 440 yards
  • 03m 21s / 100 yards
Comments:

Yep, you read the time right. Worst swim ever. I swallowed a big lungful of water, just shy of the shallow area so I hung onto a paddle board until I could catch my breath. It's impossible to catch your breath while trying to float or do anything in water, so I never really got it together. I swam my way through the course and, unbelievably, passed a few in my wave. WTH people? So glad when this was done. Most swims leave me questioning my interest in triathlon and this was no exception.
Transition 1
  • 02m 40s
Comments:

Long run from the beach, where the timing mat was, to transition. I did okay once I got to my bike. Wore my casual riding sandals since this was the only tri I did this year, I have different pedals on my bike. Turned out pretty slick. Not as fast as my tri shoes, but fast enough. Really simple transition with not wet suit!
Bike
  • 1h 06m 40s
  • 18.2 miles
  • 16.38 mile/hr
Comments:

The course was changed due to road construction, so ended up being longer than the planned 17. Normally cool with me, but my legs were kind of fried and it was windy! The crosswinds made it nearly unbearable at points, but the tail wind was fun. Times were pretty slow overall, so I am satisfied with this. This is a top 1/3 time for females overall.
Transition 2
  • 02m 18s
Comments:

Okay, so I went potty. I knew I'd be in trouble otherwise :)
Run
  • 33m 32s
  • 3.1 miles
  • 10m 49s  min/mile
Comments:

Now this surprised me! I was fully expecting this to be much much slower, considering Ragnar. I started out very slow and painful and I was worried. But I thought about just how very slow this could be, and the desire to finish sooner rather than later won out. I did walk quite a bit in the first half due to a hill, but I ran little bits as much as I could. Once I hit the general downhill portion I ran well for a while. Towards the end there was more walking bits, but I really tried to keep chugging. I was so fatigued that I was only able to run at a pace that, fortunately, my heart and lungs were okay with. I often struggle slowing down enough to find an "easy" pace. By the time I made my way through this little jaunt, I was pretty pleased with myself. Amazing!
Post race
Event comments:

This race is really nice. The vibe is laid back yet organized. The only hiccup, for which blame both the race organizer and my self, is that I started in the wrong wave. They didn't list the Athena group in the swim start schedule, so I went with my age. I should have asked, because I realized when I saw my time that I should have started a wave sooner. They fixed the time, but it was a hassle for the people involved and could have been avoided. Otherwise, this is a great event at a really nice venue. It's for a youth swim club, so lots of kids both racing and volunteering. Very cool!

Last updated: 2015-07-01 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:14:45 | 440 yards | 03m 21s / 100yards
Age Group: 0/3
Overall: 0/74
Performance: Bad
Suit:
Course:
Start type: Plus:
Water temp: 0F / 0C Current:
200M Perf. Remainder:
Breathing: Drafting:
Waves: Navigation:
Rounding:
T1
Time: 02:40
Performance: Good
Cap removal: Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike:
Jump on bike:
Getting up to speed:
Biking
01:06:40 | 18.2 miles | 16.38 mile/hr
Performance: Average
Wind:
Course:
Road:   Cadence:
Turns: Cornering:
Gear changes: Hills:
Race pace: Drinks:
T2
Time: 02:18
Overall: Below average
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike
Running with bike
Racking bike
Shoe and helmet removal
Running
00:33:32 | 03.1 miles | 10m 49s  min/mile
Performance: Good
Course:
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge
Organized?
Events on-time?
Lots of volunteers?
Plenty of drinks?
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5]

{postbutton}
2015-08-17 10:13 AM

User image

Champion
, Minnesota
Bronze member
Subject: Lake Marion Triathlon - Sprint Course
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Lake Marion Triathlon - Sprint Course Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Lake Marion Triathlon - Sprint Course

Started by stevestenzel
Views: 847 Posts: 1

2014-08-18 12:24 PM stevestenzel

Lake Marion Triathlon - Sprint Course

Started by kelpeng
Views: 1226 Posts: 2

2014-08-18 10:37 AM BikerGrrrl

Lake Marion Triathlon - Short Course

Started by Jamesthe500
Views: 1026 Posts: 1

2012-08-20 11:41 AM Jamesthe500

Started by paddle2paddle
Views: 1219 Posts: 1

2012-08-20 8:29 AM paddle2paddle

Started by stevestenzel
Views: 920 Posts: 1

2011-08-22 8:03 PM stevestenzel
RELATED ARTICLES
date : January 26, 2012
author : dantheman1123
comments : 1
My first triathlon was at age 56. At first I was just the cameraman at my daughter's first triathlon, then I am doing the races that she has done.

date : February 5, 2008
author : Team BT
comments : 0
Complete course preview of the North East triathlon on 8/17/2008 featuring a Sprint and a Olympic distance race. Mark your calendars!
date : January 1, 2008
Complete course preview of the Philadelphia Women's Only Triathlon in Pennsylvania featuring a Sprint and a Duathlon race. Mark your calendars!

date : December 3, 2007
Complete course preview of the New Jersey State triathlon featuring a Sprint and a Olympic distance race. Mark your calendars!
date : November 22, 2007
Complete course preview of the Black Bear triathlon in Pennsylvania featuring a Sprint and a 1/2 Ironman distance race. Mark your calendars!

date : October 4, 2007
author : AdamA
comments : 4
I was passing others who were saying, "Good job, 587" (that was my race number). People were cheering me on. These were the nicest people I have ever been around!
date : August 10, 2007
author : Terese Luikens
The first time I ventured into the deep murky green lake and could not see the bottom my muscles tensed and my imagined fears surfaced. What exactly lies beneath?

date : August 29, 2004
author : Ron
Program outline of the 16 and 20 week sprint triathlon training plan overviews.