General Discussion Triathlon Talk » 4.1.16 Rabbit Rabbit Rabbit! Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2016-04-01 9:46 AM

User image

Elite
Subject: 4.1.16 Rabbit Rabbit Rabbit!

Good morning BT!  I hereby declare I am DONE starting the daily thread.  Five years is ENOUGH!  Haaaaaaaa...April Fool's! 

6:30am:  4 mile run in Fernley, NV.  Unfortunately our hotel was in the industrial area, but I did find kind of a cool area to run.  Got it done, anyway! Also did some hotel strength stuff.  The rest of the day will be fastpitch softball....yahoo!

Have a great day peeps...one more month closer to summer!!!

2016-04-01 10:52 AM
in reply to: ingleshteechur

User image

New user
Austin, Texas
Subject: RE: 4.1.16 Rabbit Rabbit Rabbit!

Originally posted by ingleshteechur

I hereby declare I am DONE starting the daily thread.  Five years is ENOUGH!  Haaaaaaaa...April Fool's! 

I have to admit, you really had me scared there for a second

2016-04-01 4:06 PM
in reply to: trijamie

Scottsdale, AZ
Me too - I was a little worried!

I told my kids this morning that I threw out all their Easter candy since I decided it they shouldn't have it anymore. Their faces were priceless, but I have a terrible poker face and started laughing. LOL!

5:30am - 50 min spin at Altitude training center. legs were tired…that is all.

9:30am - 45 min spin - felt a little better but still, could tell there was a lot of fatigue so kept it aerobic.
30 min ST after.

I can't believe it's already April!
2016-04-01 6:42 PM
in reply to: runspingirl

User image

Master
Eugene, Oregon
Bronze member
Hahaha! I posted on my "morning message" for the kids that they had MAP (standardized testing), a math quiz, AND the pacer test (run part of the fitness test) in PE. Actually managed to fool some of them. (You had to walk up to the front to read the "fine print".) And this gem was e-mailed to me yesterday by a local bike shop. I thought at first it was just a lot of government hot air in an official mouthpiece paper or something! This is what comes from living in China for a decade--you start to take for granted that what you see in/on the news is just a lot of nonsense and has zero connection with reality; at best, it's wishful thinking; at worse, total fabrication.

Saigon to Build 300km of Bicycle Lanes
Saigon Tribune News Service
April 1st, 2016
By: Ngo Nguyen Nguyen

Saigon is getting well-earned praise from around the world this week for drafting one of the boldest short-term bike proposals anywhere: 300 or more kilometers of newly protected bikeways as soon as 2016.

It's a mark of success for Saigon's remarkable "Roads are for Bicyclists only" campaign, which is staffed by the local bike advocacy group, gets core funding from The Global Fast Food Council, and keeps a laser focus on serving the bike users of tomorrow rather than just the ones of today.

But as several sharp-eyed folks have pointed out, the most progressive thing about Saigon's proposal, which would actually be an update to its existing bike plan, might not be that it's calling for protected bike lanes. It's that it's not calling for additional investment in what some biking experts have been referring to as "1990s technology": painted bike lanes.

Painted bike lanes are far better to bike in than nothing, and Saigon's master bike plan will still call for installing many more of them. But about 50 years after painted bike lanes came to Vietnam, there's no arguing with the numbers. White stripes just aren't comfortable enough to make bike transportation relevant to more than a sliver of the population.

Justifying real investment in biking requires building facilities most people will use

Painted lanes have a place. But when city leaders make the case that genuinely valuable resources like on-street Moto parking should be swapped out, they should try to offer something in return that's useful to more than a handful of their constituents. That's what protected lanes do — and that's what Saigon's leaders just did.

CORRECTION: Article erroneously mentioned Saigon, this should be Corrected to San Francisco. Haha, April Fools.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

BTW There are NO bike lanes/paths in Saigon or anywhere I've been in Vietnam. (Someone told me there's a route around a lake in Hanoi, but never seen it.) Unless you consider a motorbike a bike! Years ago when our area was being developed, we had a kind of "town hall" with the Taiwanese developer and I suggested a bike/pedestrian trail, but they didn't really get the concept. What we got was a 500-meter pedestrian promenade along the riverfront.

Anyway, did do some actual training (not a joke): 3200m of swimming, descending ladder from a 400 down to 16 X 25

2016-04-01 8:25 PM
in reply to: ingleshteechur

User image

Did an hour and a quarter on the trainer. Still longing for the weather to warm up so I can bike outside.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » 4.1.16 Rabbit Rabbit Rabbit! Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

3.1.16 Rabbit Rabbit Rabbit!

Started by ingleshteechur
Views: 558 Posts: 2

2016-03-01 10:17 PM dworth

2.1.16 Rabbit Rabbit Rabbit!

Views: 810 Posts: 5

2016-02-02 1:21 AM Shakeybear

1.1.16 Rabbit Rabbit Rabbit and I'm Baaaaa-aaack!

Views: 1147 Posts: 5

2016-01-02 1:33 AM Shakeybear

10/1/15 Rabbit Rabbit Rabbit!

Views: 840 Posts: 6

2015-10-01 4:38 PM b2run

4.1.11 Rabbit Rabbit Pages: 1 2

Views: 2365 Posts: 28

2011-04-01 6:02 PM hathecr