Other Resources The Political Joe » Trump/Pence Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2016-07-15 1:41 PM

User image

Champion
Alabama
Subject: Trump/Pence

Good pick?  I think so.  Not as controversial as Christie and Newt.  I like Newt.  Maybe he will be Sec of State?

i think Pence helps balance the ticket.  Maybe he can calm Trump down and keep him from constantly stepping on his clinton.  (sic)

2016-07-15 2:10 PM
in reply to: Rogillio

User image

Champion
Southern Chicago Suburbs, IL
Subject: RE: Trump/Pence

Originally posted by Rogillio

Good pick?  I think so.  Not as controversial as Christie and Newt.  I like Newt.  Maybe he will be Sec of State?

i think Pence helps balance the ticket.  Maybe he can calm Trump down and keep him from constantly stepping on his clinton.  (sic)

I just read that he is like Sara Palin just without the charisma. LOL!

And he is definitely not without his own controversy, particularly about the LGBT community.

2016-07-15 2:20 PM
in reply to: crowny2

User image

Champion

Originally posted by crowny2

And he is definitely not without his own controversy, particularly about the LGBT community.

You are right about controversy.  Newt's statement today about a "Sharia" test for Muslims?!?!?!  Really?!?!  WTF dude. 

2016-07-15 3:21 PM

User image

Pro

Since Trump had already alienated blacks, hispanics, muslims, and women, he kinda needed Pence to alienate the LGBT community and run the table.

2016-07-15 3:40 PM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Deep in the Heart of Texas

Although, I don't believe the VP pick makes much of a difference for the election, I think he could have made a better pick for governance.  If he gets elected, he'd be better off with someone that knows the ins and outs of the legislative process.  Bob Coker from Tenn. or another such legislator would have been a better pick for him in my opinion.

2016-07-15 4:26 PM
in reply to: Hook'em

User image

Master
Minnetonka, Minnesota
Bronze member
Originally posted by Hook'em

Although, I don't believe the VP pick makes much of a difference for the election, I think he could have made a better pick for governance.  If he gets elected, he'd be better off with someone that knows the ins and outs of the legislative process.  Bob Coker from Tenn. or another such legislator would have been a better pick for him in my opinion.

Pence spent a few terms as a Rep in Congress, so he should know the ins and outs well enough. Trump did not have a very deep list to pick from as few wanted to run with him it seemed.

Pence is not well liked in Indiana (approval ratings in the low to mid 40s) and a hard right conservative, so not sure how much he will help in the rust belt or with Independents. I'd say he was the best that Trump had however, and at least accomplished the first test of a VP pick: Do no harm (see Palin).

2016-07-15 7:18 PM

User image

Champion
Alabama

he had my vote.  Anyone who opposers the homosxual agenda has my vote.  

Go go ahead and attack me personally.  I've come to expect it on any BT forum that opposes the ho is excusal ageanda. so go ahead and call me names and cry.  I do not care.  you think YOUR opinion and paradigm is 'normal'. I just grin. 

2016-07-15 7:29 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maryland

Go go ahead and attack me personally.  I've come to expect it on any BT forum that opposes the ho is excusal ageanda. so go ahead and call me names and cry.  I do not care.  you think YOUR opinion and paradigm is 'normal'. I just grin. 

well since you asked.

go cry about it in your backwards state.  tolerance and acceptance are the name of the game now, not discrimination and hate.

its alot easier to love everyone than hate them.

2016-07-15 8:00 PM
in reply to: dmiller5

User image

Pro
Tejas
Kiss this thread goodbye.........
2016-07-15 8:18 PM
in reply to: mdg2003

User image

Champion
Alabama

Originally posted by mdg2003 Kiss this thread goodbye.........

LOL

Sadly you are right.  Certainly unPC posts are quickly yanked. Ron is a friend to homosexuals and any anti homosexul sentiment gets yanked or purgeD as intolerant. 

Note. This could very well be my last post on BT. Sone will rejoice....

2016-07-15 8:23 PM

User image

Champion
Alabama

You are right about controversy.  Newt's statement today about a "Sharia" test for Muslims?!?!?!  Really?!?!  WTF dude. 

totally agree with the sentiment. Wont stand up to a legal challenge but the idea is sound. 

2016-07-15 8:24 PM

User image

Master
Minnetonka, Minnesota
Bronze member
Worst logo ever maybe?

TP?

T sliding into the P?

The jokes almost write themselves!

Very funny on social media anyway and I am sure SNL and others will have a field day.
2016-07-15 8:26 PM
in reply to: dmiller5

User image

Champion
Alabama

Originally posted by dmiller5

well since you asked.

go cry about it in your backwards state.  tolerance and acceptance are the name of the game now, not discrimination and hate.

its alot easier to love everyone than hate them.

my state will elect Trump/Pence. You can wine and cry and call opposing opinion hate but it won't change minds.  

2016-07-15 8:30 PM

User image

Pro
Tejas

LOL

Sadly you are right.  Certainly unPC posts are quickly yanked. Ron is a friend to homosexuals and any anti homosexul sentiment gets yanked or purgeD as intolerant. 

Probably so. Take care Mike.
2016-07-15 8:31 PM
in reply to: ejshowers

User image

Champion
Alabama

Originally posted by ejshowers Worst logo ever maybe? TP? T sliding into the P? The jokes almost write themselves! Very funny on social media anyway and I am sure SNL and others will have a field day.

are you being sarcastic or are you for real?  Think and review you post before you answer. 

2016-07-15 8:52 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maryland

the alabama solution.  from south park so if you're sensitive to that stuff don't click.

https://vimeo.com/44050826

2016-07-15 9:04 PM
in reply to: #5191041

User image

Champion
Alabama
Never try to insult people using bad grammar and poor punuation

LOL
2016-07-16 5:52 PM
in reply to: ejshowers

User image

Elite
Originally posted by ejshowers

Worst logo ever maybe?

TP?

T sliding into the P?

The jokes almost write themselves!

Very funny on social media anyway and I am sure SNL and others will have a field day.

Now, now, don't forget that T.P. can be an extremely valued commodity...I believe it was the great Cornholio who constantly sought out T.P., T.P. for his.....

2016-07-17 11:10 AM

User image

Champion

Really?  I pulled that thread instead of dealing with it at the moment as I didn't have a moment to read everything to figure it out.  I actually missed it the first time reading it and took a break from it.  I pulled it so it didn't get worse.  It had nothing to do on the content.  I will continue to pull threads instead of taking a lot of time to read and figure out who-did-what-to-who-first until I CAN give it the time.  This political season is going to be a doozy...

I have warned the user on the namecalling...but i'm not going to be black and white in this forum as the content is so divisive.  

Rogillio, I have read your work here when needed, you have strong opinions yet you conduct yourself well here.  Don't mess that up by calling me out.  If I can't get to a thread in question under 24 hours to try to figure it out, and warn or ban someone -  especially in cup of joe or political joe, and instead I just pull it, don't think it's due to my political agenda.  If that was the case, over half the posts in these forums would have gotten pulled.  And honestly, how many get pulled?

Please everyone, just be careful and respect each other even if you hate their views.  Bow out of that thread if it's getting you too angry.  It's the internet.  And politics.

I like you all.  Everyone has grown up with different parents, background and rhetoric which their views are based on.  You don't change that easily, especially over the internet.  Don't think you're going to change someone here.

QUOTE]Originally posted by Rogillio

LOL

2016-07-17 11:20 AM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Elite
Reno

Originally posted by Left Brain

Since Trump had already alienated blacks, hispanics, muslims, and women, he kinda needed Pence to alienate the LGBT community and run the table.

yes.

2016-07-17 11:40 AM

Master
, California

my state will elect Trump/Pence. You can wine and cry and call opposing opinion hate but it won't change minds.

You know, what's funny is Alabama voted Democrat reliably for oh, most of the history of this country, until the mid-1960s.  Minds do change, maybe not this election, but it can happen.

2016-07-18 7:46 AM
in reply to: spudone

User image

Champion
Alabama

Originally posted by spudone

You know, what's funny is Alabama voted Democrat reliably for oh, most of the history of this country, until the mid-1960s.  Minds do change, maybe not this election, but it can happen.

I am well aware of the history of Alabama voting. After the Civil War democrats blamed republicans for the emancipation of slaves.  For years democrats ran everything and you could not even get a republican on the ballot.  I found out my uncle, who was very conservative, we a registered democrat.  I asked him about it and he said in his hometown if you weren't a democrat you didn't get to vote in the local elections.  But as the democrat party began to change so did the way people voted.  If you look at the county by county results of the last several elections the state is almost entirely red.  The only blue you see are some of the heavily populated big city districts in Montgomery and BHM.....even some HSV. 

In 2010, during Obama's first mid-term elections, the Republicans won a majority in the State Legislature for the first time in the 136 years since Reconstruction. 

2016-07-18 7:55 AM
in reply to: Ron

User image

Champion
Alabama

Originally posted by Ron

Really? 

My apologies.  I respect your judgment and your moderating. 

Yes, it's gonna be a vicious elections and with the state of the nation and the state of the world the stakes could not be higher. 

2016-07-18 11:04 AM

User image

Champion

I'm out.  Not even going to waste my time. 

2016-07-18 11:47 AM

Master
, California

Originally posted by spudone

I am well aware of the history of Alabama voting. After the Civil War democrats blamed republicans for the emancipation of slaves.  For years democrats ran everything and you could not even get a republican on the ballot.  I found out my uncle, who was very conservative, we a registered democrat.  I asked him about it and he said in his hometown if you weren't a democrat you didn't get to vote in the local elections.  But as the democrat party began to change so did the way people voted.  If you look at the county by county results of the last several elections the state is almost entirely red.  The only blue you see are some of the heavily populated big city districts in Montgomery and BHM.....even some HSV. 

In 2010, during Obama's first mid-term elections, the Republicans won a majority in the State Legislature for the first time in the 136 years since Reconstruction. 

I knew most of that, but I had to look some more stuff up.  Obviously, for the reasons you stated, Obama wasn't going to do well in Alabama.  But I was curious about Bill Clinton, who is from the South.  He lost the state of course, but he and Ross Perot combined for 50% and George H.W. Bush got 49% as the incumbent.

I think people are less attached to party affiliation than it might appear at first glance.  A lot of us still vote for the person.

Anyhow not trying to stir up argument, I just found that interesting.

New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » Trump/Pence Rss Feed  

of 2

RELATED POSTS

Trump Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 40

Started by tuwood
Views: 30288 Posts: 983

2016-09-26 10:42 PM tuwood