Other Resources The Political Joe » Will you get the vaccine shot? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2020-12-08 2:36 PM

User image

Champion
Alabama
Subject: Will you get the vaccine shot?
Me: Not a chance in hell. Have never had a flu show. Have never had the flu. No way, no how would I ever take the covid vaccine.

2020-12-08 2:49 PM
in reply to: Rogillio

User image

Extreme Veteran
Subject: RE: Will you get the vaccine shot?

If they determine the vaccine prevents you from getting sick AND possibly being an asymptomatic carrier, still no ?

Yes, I will take it.
2020-12-08 2:52 PM
in reply to: marcag

User image

Expert
Middle River, Maryland
Silver member

Originally posted by marcag If they determine the vaccine prevents you from getting sick AND possibly being an asymptomatic carrier, still no ? Yes, I will take it.

Me, too.  Of course, I'm 51, male, and of a healthy weight and no underlying conditions, so I think my turn will be sometime in 2023.

Looks like a lot of businesses or events are going to require some sort of vaccine passport.  Air travel, too.  I think there are some issues around requiring it, but a private business restricting you might be a different story.  Can't wait, ANOTHER legal fight!

2020-12-09 5:56 AM

User image

Champion
Alabama
Originally posted by marcag

If they determine the vaccine prevents you from getting sick AND possibly being an asymptomatic carrier, still no ?

Yes, I will take it.

Nope. First off, I am retired and seldom leave home so the chances of me getting it and infecting someone else is extremely small. Secondly, if the vaccine is 97% effective like they are claiming, if someone is worried about getting it, they can be vaccinated and not have to worry about me having been vaccinated. IOW, personal responsibility. Thirdly, I have never had a flu vaccine and have never had the flu in my life.

One thing I find curious wrt the resent surge in cases. We are into a new seasonal flu season now. How maybe people are being misdiagnosed with covid and not the flu?
2020-12-09 5:59 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Originally posted by Rogillio

One thing I find curious wrt the resent surge in cases. We are into a new seasonal flu season now. How maybe people are being misdiagnosed with covid and not the flu?

Well....there aren't typically 3000 people dying per day during flu season.
2020-12-09 7:02 AM

User image

Champion
Alabama

True. My guess is a huge percentage of the herd had it or has it whether they know it or not. So it stands to reason the cases, and subsequently the deaths, would spike. If it spreads as easily as they say it does it’s hard to imagine that most people haven’t been exposed.

2020-12-09 7:08 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran

True. My guess is a huge percentage of the herd had it or has it whether they know it or not. So it stands to reason the cases, and subsequently the deaths, would spike. If it spreads as easily as they say it does it’s hard to imagine that most people haven’t been exposed.

I saw an estimate of less than 25%

If you got it 6 months ago, you can get it again. There is no herd immunity, or as Trump said "herd mentality", although there is plenty of that :-)
2020-12-09 1:16 PM

User image

Master
Robbinsville NJ
Yes, assuming I can as I had Guillan Barre syndrome a long while back so I can't get a flu shot but not sure where this will fall. I know way too many people who have been severely impacted (the brain/memory impacts of this frankly concern me the most) by this or even worse so an easy call for me.
2020-12-10 10:12 AM

User image

Buttercup

Rogilio, hi! Congrats on your retirement.  (Why is this health topic in Political Joe?)

Yes, absolutely, I am getting vaccinated at the earliest possible date.

We won't lift our confinement until we feel it's safe to mingle with the great unwashed masses again. Also, we have 2 overseas trips and a trip to Quebec City that we can't take until this pandemic is over + we are vaccinated.

Hope you are well and safe.

2020-12-10 2:49 PM
in reply to: Renee

User image

Champion
Alabama
Originally posted by Renee

Rogilio, hi! Congrats on your retirement.  (Why is this health topic in Political Joe?)

We won't lift our confinement until we feel it's safe to mingle with the great unwashed masses again. Also, we have 2 overseas trips and a trip to Quebec City that we can't take until this pandemic is over + we are vaccinated.

Have been missing your articulate posts and rapier like wit.

So you don’t think covid is political? :-). If nothing else it is the biggest assault on civil Liberty by the gubment/politicians since slavery.

BTW, maybe Marc can verify but pretty sure Quebec is on overseas. I may be wrong...maybe there is another Quebec in France?
2020-12-10 3:07 PM

User image

Buttercup

Shooooodoggy, Rogilio   I hope you stay safe and healthy.

My sister in Bergamo, Italy was afflicted early this year before they really knew what it was; she survived. Her daughters, husband,  neighbor, housekeeper and her son, an entire school bus of kids - it ripped through their community before the doctors understood what was happening.

Quebec City is in Canada. We were supposed to go/had reservations in May but the border has been closed and still is, as you probably know.

Stay safe and be well.

2020-12-10 3:20 PM

User image

Expert
Middle River, Maryland
Silver member

Have been missing your articulate posts and rapier like wit. So you don’t think covid is political? :-). If nothing else it is the biggest assault on civil Liberty by the gubment/politicians since slavery. BTW, maybe Marc can verify but pretty sure Quebec is on overseas. I may be wrong...maybe there is another Quebec in France?

I assume that was in pink font.  If not, wow, hyperbole much?

I wouldn't worry about it anyway.  With the Emergency Use Exception I don't believe anything will be mandatory until full approval anyway, and there will always be exceptions based on health, religion, etc.

2020-12-10 3:25 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Extreme Veteran
Originally posted by jmhpsu93

Have been missing your articulate posts and rapier like wit. So you don’t think covid is political? :-). If nothing else it is the biggest assault on civil Liberty by the gubment/politicians since slavery. BTW, maybe Marc can verify but pretty sure Quebec is on overseas. I may be wrong...maybe there is another Quebec in France?

I wouldn't worry about it anyway.  With the Emergency Use Exception I don't believe anything will be mandatory until full approval anyway, and there will always be exceptions based on health, religion, etc.

The previous biggest assault on liberty was speed limits and seat belts.

I am not sure how they ever got over those.

Edited by marcag 2020-12-10 3:53 PM
2020-12-12 6:00 AM
in reply to: jmhpsu93

User image

Champion
Alabama
Originally posted by jmhpsu93

I don’t think it will ever be mandatory but some business might require employees to get vaccinated or be fired. My guess is they will have a hard enough time vaccinating those that want to vaccinated...and revacinated that it will be hard, even for businesses to mandate the vaccine. My hope is that by next summer enough people will have been vaccinated that herd immunity will have kicked in and the case rates drop to almost nil.
2020-12-15 6:37 AM

User image

Official BT Coach
Indianapolis, Indiana
Gold member

Originally posted by Rogillio Me: Not a chance in hell. Have never had a flu show. Have never had the flu. No way, no how would I ever take the covid vaccine.

Thank you for your contribution to society.  Note the dripping sarcasim.

As for me, I'll be in line the moment I am able to receive the vaccine.

2020-12-15 7:12 AM
in reply to: k9car363

User image

Extreme Veteran
Originally posted by k9car363

Originally posted by Rogillio Me: Not a chance in hell. Have never had a flu show. Have never had the flu. No way, no how would I ever take the covid vaccine.

They don't know yet if the vaccine prevents the spread of the virus or if it just protects one from getting sick.

If it prevents the spread, everyone should get it. If not make it mandatory make it so you can't leave your cave without it. No school, no racing, no......

If it just protects the individual and doesn't stop spread, then it's up to him to weigh the risks of getting sick with the risks of the vaccine. Nothing wrong with that.

I will absolutely get vaccinated because I do believe it's safe.
I suspect it won't stop the transmission but it will slow it down significantly. If this is the case it's everyone's responsibility to get it. People severely underestimate their contacts, especially those with kids.

Show what it really does and a large percentage of people will do what's right. Force them and they'll push back.

2020-12-15 10:49 AM
in reply to: k9car363

User image

Champion
Alabama

You are very welcome. Note the dripping sarcasm.

Please don’t judge my contributions to society, you don’t know me. I’ve served my country, I do volunteer work at the Downtown rescue mission, I use my tractor and chainsaws to help recovery efforts after hurricanes and tornados and I spent 11 years designing, building and testing the International Space Station. I give to local charities, gave gallons of blood over the years, give cash to beggers and am the best tipper I know. We don’t tons of good to Good Will and I once gave a car to someone in need.

I don’t get sick and I don’t trust vaccines. Period. If ‘society’ is worried then they should get vaccinated and not try to shame people into getting the vaccine so they won’t have to get vaccinated themselves. Do you not see the flaw in your logic?
2020-12-15 10:56 AM

User image

Champion
Alabama

They don't know yet if the vaccine prevents the spread of the virus or if it just protects one from getting sick.

If it prevents the spread, everyone should get it. If not make it mandatory make it so you can't leave your cave without it. No school, no racing, no......

If it just protects the individual and doesn't stop spread, then it's up to him to weigh the risks of getting sick with the risks of the vaccine. Nothing wrong with that.

I will absolutely get vaccinated because I do believe it's safe.
I suspect it won't stop the transmission but it will slow it down significantly. If this is the case it's everyone's responsibility to get it. People severely underestimate their contacts, especially those with kids.

Show what it really does and a large percentage of people will do what's right. Force them and they'll push back.

I don’t understand your logic? How would a vaccine prevent someone from spreading the virus? The vaccine is claimed to be 97% effective. This is great news for the vulnerable. Had a buddy of mine and his wife get it. He said it felt like a very mild cold with the addition of loss of taste. They quarantined for a while and then tested negative.

2020-12-15 11:46 AM

User image

Pro

Over the past 3 weeks my wife, the other twin, 2 members at my hunting club, and both daughter's boyfriends have tested positive.  I have either kissed, hugged, sat right next to, shook hands, or ridden for an extended time in a vehicle with all of them.  I even rode in the truck to the clinic when the two from my club got tested.......and then I tested negative.  I'm still negative as I type this....although I was at my daughter's house with her positive boyfriend Sunday night so I suppose there is still a chance for me to tag myself into the game.

The doc at the clinic said, "you've either had it or you're never going to get it".

I'm not getting a vaccine.  I like my immune system just as it is. I've never gotten a flu shot either...and I've never had the actual flu that I know of.

2020-12-15 12:38 PM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Champion
Alabama
Originally posted by Left Brain

Over the past 3 weeks my wife, the other twin, 2 members at my hunting club, and both daughter's boyfriends have tested positive.  I have either kissed, hugged, sat right next to, shook hands, or ridden for an extended time in a vehicle with all of them.  I even rode in the truck to the clinic when the two from my club got tested.......and then I tested negative.  I'm still negative as I type this....although I was at my daughter's house with her positive boyfriend Sunday night so I suppose there is still a chance for me to tag myself into the game.

The doc at the clinic said, "you've either had it or you're never going to get it".

I'm not getting a vaccine.  I like my immune system just as it is. I've never gotten a flu shot either...and I've never had the actual flu that I know of.

I would be interesting to test you for antibodies to see if you had it. If you had it, it means you probably didn’t know it. But if you didn’t have it, and still don’t with all the potential contact, that would mean some folks are just naturally immune to it. Maybe you are like Chuck Norris, the virus tried to attack you and died! Maybe it found you too ornery. :-)
2020-12-16 5:34 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Originally posted by Left Brain
The doc at the clinic said, "you've either had it or you're never going to get it"

did he mention maybe you passed it on to someone else in the process ?

2020-12-16 9:13 AM

User image

Pro

Originally posted by Left Brain The doc at the clinic said, "you've either had it or you're never going to get it"
did he mention maybe you passed it on to someone else in the process ?

No, I think he had already figured out I would tell him to fork off.  You make your decisions and I'll make mine. As I was on day 1.....my life has not changed one bit for a virus that won't kill 99.5%+ of the population....and it's not going to.  If you are high risk then stay home....I won't.

BTW - I have broken no govt. "rules" during this dumbness.....I just choose to spend my time at places where I don't have to wear a mask or abide by any oversight to my personal health.  I'm lucky that I live within 3 miles of a county with no restrictions....yes, we even go to restaurants ~GASP~.

My hunting club is in a part of the state where the virus is basically being ignored.  Funny thing is, neither of those counties has a virus rate any higher than any other county.....and in fact, one is the lowest in the state.

"Lord, save me from the good people" - Jim White

Edited by Left Brain 2020-12-16 9:15 AM
2020-12-16 3:29 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
I have been mostly up at the cottage, pretty rural area. Lots of cows

First wave they had nothing, nada. People followed the rules pretty well, all masked, all respecting things like 2 people at a time in the hardware store.....nobody knew somebody that even caught it.

Recently, people have been as careful but the area got hit hard. Problem is hospitals aren't close by, few testing facilities....so once it started it spread pretty quickly. Difference this time around is mostly schools. Also first round they didn't allow people coming in from the city. There are now too many hospitalizations.

I split time between 2 provinces. Quebec is a joke. The rules change every day.

Ontario is pretty clear cut. All based on statistics of infection rates, hospitalizations....Ottawa (in Otario), where I am now, went from yellow to Orange to red, back to yellow. Restaurants had restrictions during red but came back pretty quickly. They seem to be controlling it better and they are more transparent. At least you understand the criteria for getting in and out of restrictions. The premier is a conservative, pro business but listening to health officials.

Montreal (in Quebec) went into red zone and will come out next summer :-). What a $hit show.

Western Canada had nothing first wave. They are getting hammered now.

2020-12-16 6:33 PM

User image

Master
White Oak, Texas
I will get as soon as I am able. if I was 30 the answer would be no but I am not.
2020-12-21 9:53 AM

User image

Champion
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Bronze member

Unlikely unless I’m forced to get it.  

I don’t get a flu vaccine and now, as a white male, I’m way down the priority lists being touted.  

New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » Will you get the vaccine shot? Rss Feed  

of 2

RELATED POSTS

Trump gets on board

Started by marcag
Views: 392 Posts: 2

2020-07-14 6:42 AM Rogillio

Getting back to (old) normal Pages: 1 2

Started by Rogillio
Views: 1635 Posts: 32

2020-05-24 8:01 AM marcag