Other Resources 2021 Beginner Triathlete Mentor Program » Beer Drinkers Appreciation Society (BDAS) --Always Open Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
Show Per page

of 28

2021-10-07 12:27 AM
in reply to: aviatrix802

User image

, Kronobergs lan
Subject: RE: Beer Drinkers Appreciation Society (BDAS) --Always Open
While we’re waiting for race reports…. Here’s my week so far report:

2 short runs, one group ”strength” session, I hate group training but that way at least I get it done. One very short swim in the lake (which is getting colder, but still OK 13C) to test my new wetsuit. That’s it. A short ride is on the cards today after work.

Re age group, it gets easier to podium once you are over a certain age here in Sweden. . Won a bronze medal in Sprint Duathlon at the Swedish championships 3 years ago. Yes you guessed it, only 3 in my AG (45-49 then). I finished about 20 minutes behind the first two.
It was cool to be part of the medal ceremony but it’s a shame really that we were so few.

2021-10-07 4:23 PM
in reply to: #5278310

User image

, Vermont
Hey Andrew, I just saw Australia is starting a pilot program in Victoria of using selfies at random times of the day to make sure citizens are staying home. What the actual …. . I hope this hasn’t hit you guys yet where you are. Yikes.
2021-10-07 4:50 PM
in reply to: aviatrix802

User image

Regular
Auckland, North Island
Originally posted by aviatrix802

Hey Andrew, I just saw Australia is starting a pilot program in Victoria of using selfies at random times of the day to make sure citizens are staying home. What the actual …. . I hope this hasn’t hit you guys yet where you are. Yikes.

Those trials have been going on for a while, South Australia and West Australia have been trialing since early September at least. The Australian states are all acting like separate countries over covid, totally different rules and hard boarders between them. Look up the great wall of Coolangatta to see how insane it has got over there.

For the apps your talking about, my understanding is it is only for people who have to self isolate, i.e. recent arrivals from overseas or positive cases of covid. not for the general population. The current alternative is being locked in a hotel room for 14 days, so as invasive as the app is, it is relative freedom I suppose. But I agree 100% with you that it's insane. Anything involving that level of government surveillance on it's own population needs to be strongly resisted.

We don't have anything like that here, all incoming travelers, and all positive cases are placed in managed quarantine facilities i.e. repurposed hotels, managed and guarded by the Army. Letting people isolate at home would be far to free for our Dear Leader to allow. Which is one reason that I have never had and do not intend to get a coivd test, even if I had symptoms. Being locked in a hotel room for 2 weeks (plus however long to be 72 hours symptom free) with Mrs Bullfrog and 2 small children sounds unbearable.

In this part of the world we (or at least the decision makers) are still pretending that covid is not going to be endemic, and if we isolate we can avoid it. Meanwhile the lockdown costs a billion dollars a week as we try to delay the inevitable...

In happier news, 4 zwift rides in the evenings and 2 quick runs before work so far this week. So that's an improvement on consistency for me. Just have to keep it going now.
2021-10-08 6:16 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

, Kronobergs lan
Originally posted by bulfrog

all positive cases are placed in managed quarantine facilities i.e. repurposed hotels, managed and guarded by the Army. Letting people isolate at home would be far to free for our Dear Leader to allow.

That's crazy!

Edited by Rollergirl 2021-10-08 6:17 AM
2021-10-10 5:10 AM
in reply to: Rollergirl

User image

, Kronobergs lan
A good week, 2 rides, 2 runs, one strength session and one swim, well not much of a workout but I swam 500m to test my new wetsuit in the lake. Not ready for the pool yet.

How’s everyone doing?
2021-10-10 5:20 PM
in reply to: Rollergirl

User image

Regular
Auckland, North Island
Originally posted by Rollergirl

all positive cases are placed in managed quarantine facilities i.e. repurposed hotels, managed and guarded by the Army. Letting people isolate at home would be far to free for our Dear Leader to allow.

That's crazy!

Yup, The North Korea of the south pacific...

2021-10-10 5:27 PM
in reply to: bulfrog

User image

Regular
Auckland, North Island
My goal for the week was consistency, and I feel I got it. Did a workout 6 out of 7 days, 5 zwift rides for 2:30, and 3 runs for 1:35. Not a lot of duration, but much better frequency. And thoroughly enjoyed being able to run with a mate, followed by coffee and talking , on Saturday morning. The run was poos, but having some sort of social interaction was brilliant.

Today is Mrs Bullfrogs birthday, so I'll be taking Monday off. And likely Sunday off too, as 1 workout free day on the weekends is a goal going forwards, to help keep the family/life balance in check.

So for the coming week, my goal is 5 days of 2 workouts a day. Run in the morning, bike in the evening Tuesday - Saturday. Again, frequency is more important than duration, so I really want to be finishing the week with 9 or 10 workouts complete.

Hope everyone had a good weekend.
2021-10-11 2:25 AM
in reply to: bulfrog

User image

, Kronobergs lan

My goal for the week was consistency, and I feel I got it. Did a workout 6 out of 7 days, 5 zwift rides for 2:30, and 3 runs for 1:35. Not a lot of duration, but much better frequency. And thoroughly enjoyed being able to run with a mate, followed by coffee and talking , on Saturday morning. The run was poos, but having some sort of social interaction was brilliant.

Today is Mrs Bullfrogs birthday, so I'll be taking Monday off. And likely Sunday off too, as 1 workout free day on the weekends is a goal going forwards, to help keep the family/life balance in check.

So for the coming week, my goal is 5 days of 2 workouts a day. Run in the morning, bike in the evening Tuesday - Saturday. Again, frequency is more important than duration, so I really want to be finishing the week with 9 or 10 workouts complete.

Hope everyone had a good weekend.

Sounds like a plan!

Happy birthday mrs bullfrog!
New Thread
Other Resources 2021 Beginner Triathlete Mentor Program » Beer Drinkers Appreciation Society (BDAS) --Always Open Rss Feed  
Show Per page

of 28