General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Seems different Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2022-12-18 6:33 PM

User image

Master
Fort Worth
Subject: Seems different
Last time I was here was around 2007 when I did my first triathlon. Many here helped and encouraged me. After all these years I want to try again. However I got in here because I remember the page where you could find local races but it seems that it is no longer updated. I also signed up for the original sprint plan but nobody really there. Has the interest in the sight gone down? I would think with covid it would go up. I know they shut down a lot of races but it seems they are back on. I was expecting the forums and groups to be hoping. I remember this being a great place with encouraging people. So I'm back and starting this journey again after many years.

2022-12-19 10:27 AM
in reply to: HCS5QA

User image

Expert
Middle River, Maryland
Silver member
Subject: RE: Seems different

Yeah, it's much different around here.  We had a couple of mass exodus periods in the 2010s beginning with the site redesign, some over-moderation, as well as the general move away from "forum" type social media towards Facebook groups.  There are still a few of us active here and we keep it going as best we can.  Welcome back - I joined in 2007 LOL.  There are three main mentor groups left and we pretty much keep them going all year long now. 

2022-12-22 2:27 PM

User image

Cypress, Texas

I have been here since 2015.  I likewise joined when I was training for my first Triathlon.  I have learned a lot from people on here.  The mentor groups are still active.

2022-12-26 2:05 PM
in reply to: BlueBoy26

User image

Master
welcome back, would love to have more people keep this site going.
2022-12-26 6:31 PM

, Massachusetts
I found this site as I’m training for my first tri. I really like the training log and tracker, and the training plans are much more manageable for me.
2022-12-27 6:54 AM
in reply to: thin_concrete

User image

Expert
Middle River, Maryland
Silver member

Originally posted by thin_concrete I found this site as I’m training for my first tri. I really like the training log and tracker, and the training plans are much more manageable for me.

I've been using the training log here for over 12 years...it's not perfect by any stretch but I like the formatting and simplicity of it.  Now if I could just get my Zwift/TrainerRoad workouts to automatically sync it would be great, but I just do it manually.

Good luck in your tri journey!

2022-12-28 11:06 AM
in reply to: jmhpsu93

, Massachusetts
Originally posted by jmhpsu93

Originally posted by thin_concrete I found this site as I’m training for my first tri. I really like the training log and tracker, and the training plans are much more manageable for me.

I've been using the training log here for over 12 years...it's not perfect by any stretch but I like the formatting and simplicity of it.  Now if I could just get my Zwift/TrainerRoad workouts to automatically sync it would be great, but I just do it manually.

Thanks! It would be nice to be able to synch my workouts automatically to the training logs here, but it’s not like it takes any appreciable time to key in the main data points. The log’s simplicity though is the main driver for me and I plan on using it for all of my 2023 races.
2022-12-28 2:39 PM
in reply to: thin_concrete

User image

Expert
Middle River, Maryland
Silver member

Originally posted by thin_concrete
Originally posted by jmhpsu93

Thanks! It would be nice to be able to synch my workouts automatically to the training logs here, but it’s not like it takes any appreciable time to key in the main data points. The log’s simplicity though is the main driver for me and I plan on using it for all of my 2023 races.

They'll sync automatically but only from Garmin, not from the other platforms (Strava/Zwift/etc.).  If you go for a swim or run and use a Garmin watch, it'll come over. 

2022-12-29 7:53 PM

User image

Master
Los Angeles, CA
Yeah, some changes happened in the past decade. I actually started a 2023 mentor group for the first time to give back to the community. The training log is nice and I use it daily even for things outside of triathlon.

Roland
2022-12-31 7:20 PM

User image

Master
Columbus, Ohio
Coaching member
Welcome back! I'm the current owner, but as everyone can tell, it's not my full time job so I'm grateful for all of the veterans (and newbies) who keep the place up.

With the stock plans (Original Sprint Plan) you'll get the plan to use, but there's not coaching - you send it to your training log.
However I'd love to hear what you were expecting so I can at least provide helpful text or next steps that better communicate what to expect.
2023-01-01 10:07 AM
in reply to: alicefoeller

User image

Expert
Middle River, Maryland
Silver member

Originally posted by alicefoeller Welcome back! I'm the current owner, but as everyone can tell, it's not my full time job so I'm grateful for all of the veterans (and newbies) who keep the place up. With the stock plans (Original Sprint Plan) you'll get the plan to use, but there's not coaching - you send it to your training log. However I'd love to hear what you were expecting so I can at least provide helpful text or next steps that better communicate what to expect.

I'm guessing he's referring to the forums that supported a lot of those stock plans.  Back then the coaches here on BT would chime in from time to time and fellow athletes would help each other out.  Sort of like the mentor groups but specific to that training plan.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Seems different Rss Feed