United States
65F / 18C
Overcast
Total Time = 28m 27s
Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

Didn't sleep too great last night. Woke up, ate a few bites of banana and had a waffle. Had some coffee and water. Got dressed and changed from shorts to 3/4 length tights as the shorts weren't fitting right.
Event warmup:

Jogged around a bit with Angela and stretched. Used the porta potty and visited with other folks I knew that were doing the race.
Run
  • 28m 27s
  • 3.11 miles
  • 09m 09s  min/mile
Comments:

My goal for this race was to try to do a sub 30 5k. This was only my third ever 5k (at least that I can remember). I did one in the fall where I had a 10:17 pace and then I walked/jogged the Turkey Trot with my daughter, but don't even remember what my time was as I used it as a warm up for the 10k. I was REALLY pleased with my time. This time is from my watch, my chip time was 29:15, but we were a bit back in the crowd and they didn't have a mat that we crossed over to register our time, it was a gun start where they started all the chips at the same time. I think it is pretty close from my stopwatch. I definitely knew it was better that 29:15. Angela (yoblondie) and I ran most all of the way together. At the end she got a bit ahead of me, but she helped me speed up my pace. I was really pleased that I still had some energy at the end to pass a few people and almost catch her. She finished about 3 seconds ahead.
What would you do differently?:

Nothing, I was really pleased as this was definitely a PR for me!
Post race
Warm down:

We wandered to the food tent, got some orages and water and then just milled around talking to a few other folks we knew.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Nothing, I hope I can continue to improve my speed, but I am very happy with the race.

Event comments:

The only comment I had was that I couldn't find any napkins at the end to wipe the juice off my hands from all the oranges I ate. Overall it was a very well organized race.

Last updated: 2007-03-23 12:00 AM
Running
00:28:27 | 03.11 miles | 09m 09s  min/mile
Age Group: 21/
Overall: 163/
Performance: Good
Avg HR 169 Max HR 186
Course: The course was rolling hills, but nothing steep.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes