BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Enders_Shadow's Group - eating clean & getting lean - FULL Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 18

2014-01-20 9:34 AM
in reply to: Maria527

User image

Expert
Austin, TX
Subject: RE: Enders_Shadow's Group - eating clean & getting lean - FULL
Count me in on the weigh-in/eating good challenge!

I weighed in at 233.8 this morning, down 4.4lbs since 2 Mondays ago. I can already feel a little difference in my pants and my fitness is slowly coming back to me.

Breakfast - tea, blueberries, and egg and turkey sausage sandwich
Lunch - homemade beef/veggie stir fry over a rice medley
Dinner - pot roast

I ran Fri and Sun, with a 26mi bike ride on Sat. Another ride planned for either today or tomorrow with the other day being my scheduled day off.

I am pretty lucky down here in Texas this time of year with working out outdoors, supposed to be 77 today! Not sure I could survive in colder temps as I hate training inside. But 100+ in the summer is the trade off!

2014-01-20 5:18 PM
in reply to: chichitao

User image

Champion
Out running or enjoying a fine glass of red...
How'd today go, everyone! So far, so good for me...followed my eating plan and did my planned trainer ride. Day one, in the books.
2014-01-20 6:51 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Master

The last week was horrible. I'm going to commit to checking in daily and posting progress on how things are going. Workouts are great. Food intake has been way out of proportion to what it should be. I've been craving and eating avocados daily. Which is pretty normal when the workout intensity increases. 

Today-  Weight is up 3 pounds from normal 

Only 1 workout this morning 3300 yard swim, Bike Fit was rescheduled for tomorrow night. Today was a bit of a recovery day. 

Breakfast- Chik-fila Spicy Chicken BIscuit- 440 calories with strawberry jelly

Snack- Guacamole ( 1 avocado, picante sauce) with about 15 tortilla chips

Nap

Lunch- Chicken Salad Sandwich, Amy's Pita chips, salsa

Snacks- chips and more picante sauce, Peanut M&M's. Cheese Sticks from Sonic, more chips and salsa

Dinner- chicken and rice, 1 bite of hubby's ice cream

Lets see- No fruit, veggies or basically anything of real nutritional value or Clean.

You don't even want to know what I had to eat and drink over the weekend. 

Plan for tomorrow- 1 hour bike before work, 25 min easy run, bike fit after work

Breakfast- oatmeal with fruit, 1 tsp of peanut butter

Snacks for workday- fruit smoothie, yogurt, fruit, hummus and carrots

Lunch- Chipolte Chicken meal pre-packed from Central Market, salad with low fat dressing

Dinner- I'll be in Houston for the bike fit. Will plan on going to Subway for a sandwich instead of driving through and getting a hamburger

Plan on drinking lots of water. Need to go to the store to buy more almonds and string cheese. 

Edited by Catwoman 2014-01-20 7:12 PM
2014-01-20 7:14 PM
in reply to: Catwoman

User image

Master

Sorry to hear that so many people are dealing with stress at work. Hopefully this week will be a better week. 

2014-01-20 9:00 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Penticton, BC
Today was not too bad but:

Breakfast - Oatmeal with 1tbsp Agave and .5 cup of Soy Milk (approx. 400 calories)

1 hour swim (not 3300m like Catwoman - just a modest 1550m. I need to get stronger and faster).

Snack - Choc Chip Clif Bar (270 calories)

1 hour run (8.45km/5.25miles) in bright sunshine. Quite comfortably warm at 5C/41F.

Late lunch - 2# homemade muffins (400 calories)

Dinner - Homemade fried rice (rice, mushrooms, corn, peas and left over pork tenderloin), not sure how many calories - guessing 800 calories. We had salad as well but I didn't eat any...oops!

I'll have an apple and something else for a snack later tonight say 3-400 calories.

So maybe not quite as good as I'd like - technically clean-ish (not quite sure how clean the Clif Bar is). I can do better and I need more veggies.

After I read Maria's Cabbage Roll recipe I looked up a holopchi recipe out of curiosity and stumbled on a Quinoa Burger recipe. I haven't done anything with it yet but the photo of it sure looked good. If I try it and it seems good I'll post the recipe.

My wife got a surprise phone call today asking her to coordinate the volunteers for our local Axel Merckx Penticton GranFondo. Kind of neat that they are acknowledging how much she has helped in the past. Last year there were 2600 cyclists that rode the 55/92 & 160km routes.

2014-01-21 6:41 AM

User image

Champion
Originally posted by Catwoman

The last week was horrible. I'm going to commit to checking in daily and posting progress on how things are going. Workouts are great. Food intake has been way out of proportion to what it should be. I've been craving and eating avocados daily. Which is pretty normal when the workout intensity increases. 

Today-  Weight is up 3 pounds from normal 

Only 1 workout this morning 3300 yard swim, Bike Fit was rescheduled for tomorrow night. Today was a bit of a recovery day. 

Breakfast- Chik-fila Spicy Chicken BIscuit- 440 calories with strawberry jelly

Snack- Guacamole ( 1 avocado, picante sauce) with about 15 tortilla chips

Nap

Lunch- Chicken Salad Sandwich, Amy's Pita chips, salsa

Snacks- chips and more picante sauce, Peanut M&M's. Cheese Sticks from Sonic, more chips and salsa

Dinner- chicken and rice, 1 bite of hubby's ice cream

Lets see- No fruit, veggies or basically anything of real nutritional value or Clean.

You don't even want to know what I had to eat and drink over the weekend. 

Plan for tomorrow- 1 hour bike before work, 25 min easy run, bike fit after work

Breakfast- oatmeal with fruit, 1 tsp of peanut butter

Snacks for workday- fruit smoothie, yogurt, fruit, hummus and carrots

Lunch- Chipolte Chicken meal pre-packed from Central Market, salad with low fat dressing

Dinner- I'll be in Houston for the bike fit. Will plan on going to Subway for a sandwich instead of driving through and getting a hamburger

Plan on drinking lots of water. Need to go to the store to buy more almonds and string cheese. 

Step away from the Chic-Fil-A!!!

I know, I know - they must put crack in those biscuits or something...way too addictive!

You can do this! Check back in and let us know how today goes.

2014-01-21 6:42 AM
in reply to: wenceslasz

User image

Champion
Originally posted by wenceslasz

Today was not too bad but:

Breakfast - Oatmeal with 1tbsp Agave and .5 cup of Soy Milk (approx. 400 calories)

1 hour swim (not 3300m like Catwoman - just a modest 1550m. I need to get stronger and faster).

Snack - Choc Chip Clif Bar (270 calories)

1 hour run (8.45km/5.25miles) in bright sunshine. Quite comfortably warm at 5C/41F.

Late lunch - 2# homemade muffins (400 calories)

Dinner - Homemade fried rice (rice, mushrooms, corn, peas and left over pork tenderloin), not sure how many calories - guessing 800 calories. We had salad as well but I didn't eat any...oops!

I'll have an apple and something else for a snack later tonight say 3-400 calories.

So maybe not quite as good as I'd like - technically clean-ish (not quite sure how clean the Clif Bar is). I can do better and I need more veggies.

Nice work, George! You can do this - keep it up and it will get easier to do better.
2014-01-21 6:44 AM
in reply to: enders_shadow

User image

Champion
Originally posted by enders_shadow

How'd today go, everyone! So far, so good for me...followed my eating plan and did my planned trainer ride. Day one, in the books.

OK - let's start day 2 of the clean-eating streak!

This morning - powerbar fruit pouch pre-swim, smoothie post-swim (coconut milk, banana, cocoa powder)

Planned
Lunch - leftover spaghetti squash, some veggies, chicken patties
Dinner - tilapia fish tacos on corn tortillas w/ avocado

Snacks - tea gelatin, nuts, fruit as needed
Water goal - 4 sodastream bottles

What are you doing today???
2014-01-21 8:30 AM

User image

Champion
the alamo city, Texas

this weekend was bad.  just crazy bad.

but i'm planned and prepped to have some really good days this week.  I have a girls wine/movie night planned for Thursday, but other than that i think i am good to GO!

2014-01-21 8:59 AM

User image

Champion
the alamo city, Texas

Originally posted by enders_shadow What are you doing today???

bag full of good food to eat at work, including homemade turkey chili that the husband whipped up yesterday.  going to run as long as this INSANE BLIZZARD doesn't shut down my gym.  it's not too cold to do 4 miles outside, but it's crazy windy.  cooking up a spinach and tomato pasta dish tonight.  (courtesy of pinterest, of course!)

2014-01-21 2:45 PM
in reply to: mehaner

User image

Expert
Ontario

Originally posted by mehaner

bag full of good food to eat at work, including homemade turkey chili that the husband whipped up yesterday.  going to run as long as this INSANE BLIZZARD doesn't shut down my gym.  it's not too cold to do 4 miles outside, but it's crazy windy.  cooking up a spinach and tomato pasta dish tonight.  (courtesy of pinterest, of course!)

I LOVE pinterest but there is so much yummy bad food on there ! 

I had a piece of toast with pb this morning, a beef hotdog for lunch (not so clean), and making pasta for supper.   Didn't get my bike in yesterday so will try to do that tonight

2014-01-21 9:36 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Penticton, BC
I had a somewhat easy day today with just my cycling class this afternoon.

Eating was fairly clean today although I maybe ate too much at lunch (3 egg omelette with Monterey jack cheese, salsa, and a slice of toasted Spelt bread and a slice of heavy rye bread with butter). The two slices of bread were just to try them. I liked both.

Plus, my wife is on her 3rd day of a 30day smoothie challenge (the challenge is to replace one meal a day with the smoothie and to cut out wheat, processed foods, dairy and sugar) and I have been sampling her smoothies. So far they've been quite good. Todays smoothie was Mango, orange, lemon, spinach, cilantro, spirulina, parsley and coconut water. I thought it would have more of a mango flavour but it was more tart but quite nice. Very green. The whole smoothie is under 300 calories.

When I have cycling at 4:30 (Tues/Thurs) I prefer not to eat before the class but by the time I get home I don't feel much like eating so tonight I forced myself to eat the left over fried rice. I'll have an apple and muffin in a little while.

Question - How do I enter races into "Upcoming Races" in my profile?

2014-01-22 7:24 AM
in reply to: cathyd

User image

Champion
Originally posted by cathyd

Originally posted by mehaner

I LOVE pinterest but there is so much yummy bad food on there ! 

I had a piece of toast with pb this morning, a beef hotdog for lunch (not so clean), and making pasta for supper.   Didn't get my bike in yesterday so will try to do that tonight

I love Pinterest too - I have different boards...some for food I'll actually make and eat, some for yummy baked goods that I might pull out for a special occasion (like when the kids made xmas cookies). I generally just file the sweet treats on that board and it makes me feel a little better.
2014-01-22 7:24 AM

User image

Champion
Double post - oops.

Edited by enders_shadow 2014-01-22 7:25 AM
2014-01-22 7:27 AM

User image

Champion
Good day yesterday for me:

Food
Pre-swim
- powerbar fruit pouch
Breakfast - monkey smoothie (coconut milk, banana, cocoa powder, ice), coffee, bone broth
Snack - apple kraut
Run - gatorade
Lunch - chicken patty, leftover salad, spaghetti squash sauteed in olive oil & garlic
Snack - dried apricots, tea gelatin blocks
Dinner - fish tacos with avocados & jalapeno cream sauce
Snack - wine
Water - 4

On to Day 3 of the clean eating streak...although tomorrow night will have to be an exception. Hubby and I have a Wine & Dine date night (4 course paired wine & food dinner) but well worth the "cheat."

How's everyone else doing?
2014-01-22 7:30 AM

User image

Champion
Originally posted by wenceslasz

Question - How do I enter races into "Upcoming Races" in my profile?

At the top, in the blue ribbon, click Races/Find a Race. After you find the race you are doing, click it, and then there's a big button that says "Add to My Races". The only hassle is if noone else has entered it into the system yet - then you have to add all the race details first. Hope that helps!

2014-01-22 8:58 AM

User image

Champion
the alamo city, Texas

i am checking in and committing to 100% just for today.

i am supposed to run according to my schedule, but living in southeast VA means the roads are a very very scary mess over 1" of ice.  i will likely just do an insanity or bike trainer workout at home to get myself home safely after work and avoid the icy roads.

food-wise - i am good to go at work today and making a chicken dish tonight (from pinterest - link: http://sharedappetite.com/slow-cooker-honey-soy-chicken/) with some brown rice cooked in homemade chicken stock.

Edited by mehaner 2014-01-22 9:33 AM
2014-01-22 11:19 AM

User image

Champion
the alamo city, Texas

i skipped a free panera lunch to eat my healthy packed lunch (doesn't hurt that i realllly need that hour to get work done but still....WILLPOWER)

2014-01-22 6:15 PM

User image

Champion
the alamo city, Texas

Hope everyone is hanging in there today!

2014-01-22 11:32 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Penticton, BC
I was a bit bad at lunch today. It was cold out so I wanted soup for lunch and had a bad "Mr. Noodles" soup. I added some hot and sour soup seasonings and it wasn't too bad.

Breakfast was my standard oatmeal then off to the pool with a PowerAde for sipping. After swimming I had a Chai Tea Latte. Then home for the bad lunch plus an apple. Dinner was salad, some beans and a garbanzo bean patty. My snack tonight was a muffin and an orange.

I even got some chores done.

Marilyn - Sorry, just curious, but what is a Panera?

Kristen - Thanks for the instructions, I did manage to load one of my upcoming events.

Edited by wenceslasz 2014-01-22 11:34 PM
2014-01-23 5:22 AM

User image

Champion
the alamo city, Texas

Originally posted by wenceslasz I was a bit bad at lunch today. It was cold out so I wanted soup for lunch and had a bad "Mr. Noodles" soup. I added some hot and sour soup seasonings and it wasn't too bad. Breakfast was my standard oatmeal then off to the pool with a PowerAde for sipping. After swimming I had a Chai Tea Latte. Then home for the bad lunch plus an apple. Dinner was salad, some beans and a garbanzo bean patty. My snack tonight was a muffin and an orange. I even got some chores done. Marilyn - Sorry, just curious, but what is a Panera? Kristen - Thanks for the instructions, I did manage to load one of my upcoming events.

Panera is a restaurant chain here in the states.  They have "fresh" sandwiches and salads, and CAN be really healthy if you order carefully, but like any place can pile on the dressings and sauces and calories pretty fast.  I do go there often when I need to eat on the run because they publish their menus and health info, so you can plan ahead well.

2014-01-23 5:47 AM

User image

Champion
Panera is pretty healthy. Except when I go there, the bread calls to me... "Kristen, oh, Kristen...mmmm, bread..." It's rather deafening and hard to avoid. And their bagels, although tasty, are about 3 servings a pop.
2014-01-23 10:48 AM

User image

Champion
the alamo city, Texas

today will NOT be 100%

BUT i will eat healthy up until girls' night begins

and i will do yesterday's missed interval workout in addition to tonight's 3 miler

so I'm ok with that.

2014-01-23 11:11 AM

User image

Expert
Austin, TX
Been dealing with a stomach bug since Mon, so my eating has been sporadic and no workouts. But I did drop 3lbs in 3 days! Not the right way to do it, but I won't complain. I do feel better today and am back on the eating right wagon. Hope to get in some running hill intervals after work today (since I missed my run group yesterday), but POLAR VORTEX 2014 is supposed to come thru and be 35 degrees, 25mph winds, and raining, so we shall see what happens.

For those northerners, when the weathermen even TALK about freezing temps and ice/snow down here in Texas, cars just start sliding off the road!
2014-01-23 5:18 PM
in reply to: chichitao

User image

Master
MidWest

I, too, have been battling a tummy issue and today I called off work.  No sense in getting the little ones sick just because I need the hours.  I have been readling along and am working on the clean eating.  My goal is to cut out most of the snacks I eat and replace them with healthy ones.  I like eating the healthy ones but find that I cave into the junk ones when stress hits.  

I have an outpatient surgery scheduled for next Thursday (my 2nd one for this issue) and I'm tired of dealing with it.  My final divorce hearing is scheduled for March 11 and I don't want it.  I am signing up for my first full marathon so hopefully that will get my rear in gear.  It has been incredibly cold here and I have absolutely no desire to go run in these temps.  I have access to a gym for free but with only one vehicle I feel like I shouldn't tie it up for any longer than necessary.  

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Enders_Shadow's Group - eating clean & getting lean - FULL Rss Feed  

of 18

RELATED POSTS

BrotherTri’s - Triathlon Training Support Group - CLOSED Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13

Started by BrotherTri
Views: 19912 Posts: 308

2014-04-13 8:12 AM mcmanusclan5

Daffodil and JuniperJen’s New Parents Tri’ing Group - OPEN Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14

Started by juniperjen
Views: 24546 Posts: 329

2014-07-12 2:16 PM Happyinmarin

Shane's (gsmacleod) Coaching Mentor Group - Open Pages: 1 ... 2 3 4 5

Started by gsmacleod
Views: 16211 Posts: 116

2014-05-14 7:37 AM Dominion

Birkierunner's (Jim Kelley) General + Long Course Group (OPEN) Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17

Started by Birkierunner
Views: 29734 Posts: 415

2014-05-16 9:06 AM Birkierunner

Playmobil31's Group - Open

Started by playmobil31
Views: 65 Posts: 1

2011-12-18 3:37 PM playmobil31
RELATED ARTICLES
date : June 14, 2012
author : IndoIronYanti
comments : 4
MAPS is Meditation, Acclimatization, Practice, and Strategy, which are key for giving you the confidence and skills to execute the open-water swim in a triathlon well.

date : September 15, 2011
comments : 0
Don't be scared for the swim! Gain more confidence for your open water swims with these tips
date : September 10, 2009
author : Amy Kuitse
comments : 6
Should I be working on getting faster at running by doing the longer distances and working up slowly over time or run faster for shorter distances now?

date : May 12, 2009
author : mat steinmetz
I'm too slow for some group rides and of course I want to increase it for races. What exercise/training should I be focusing on?
date : March 5, 2009
author : mrakes1
Discussions on an eating plan to lose weight, lean protein sources, being hungry, recovery foods, eggs and Marni's favorite supplements.

date : March 2, 2009
author : FitWerx
comments : 5
Dirty bike chain? Have you ever thought about cleaning it? We cover the basics of how to clean your bike chain and the use of different cleaners, degreasers and lubricants.
date : April 1, 2008
author : Nancy Clark
comments : 1
Coaches and parents alike want their athletes to eat well and be healthy. The struggling athletes just want people to stop policing their eating and exercise.

date : February 7, 2008
author : Nancy Clark
comments : 1
The suggestions guide you towards an eating style that's simple and practical, yet can effectively help you eat well to perform well, despite today’s bewildering food environment.