BT Development Mentor Program Archives » SWBKRUN fast, furious, and closed Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 298

2011-06-23 12:14 PM
in reply to: #3434069

User image

Elite
san francisco
Subject: RE: SWBKRUN fast, furious, and closed
Jayne, good luck this weekend! So excited for you. Remember to report back quickly. No Georging! . Random thought. I love my Sirius xm radio! And my 450 watt surround system...no kids, so I have my dream vehicle (Acura RDX) and it fits my (not 11K) Guru standing up, a requirement when we were shopping...gotta protect my baby.

2011-06-23 12:19 PM
in reply to: #3563612

User image

Champion
marietta

sdalessio - 2011-06-23 11:25 AM Has anyone ever been diagnosed with a concussion?

yeah.  football and fell off a stage once.  as others have asked... why? 

i forgot to mention earlier, you might already know... when i wrecked my helmet was replaced for free.  check with the manufacturer.  and even if you can't see any damage, never ever use that helmet again.

2011-06-23 12:24 PM

User image

Master
Silverton, Oregon
Any prayers, healing thoughts, positive energy sent my sister's way, would be greatly appreciated. She's had MS for 12 years now and has been managing it relatively well until recently. I called her today and found out that she can no longer walk and is having difficulty keeping food down. She is the strongest woman and never complains. When I called her she told me she was doing really good and sounded pretty upbeat, it wasn't until I asked her some direct questions that I found out what had happened over the last couple weeks. She's going in for tests to figure out what is going on and what can be done. They think it may be a reaction from the infusions she takes for her MS, but aren't sure yet.
2011-06-23 12:26 PM
in reply to: #3563941

User image

Elite
san francisco
fattyfatfat - 2011-06-23 10:19 AM

sdalessio - 2011-06-23 11:25 AM Has anyone ever been diagnosed with a concussion?

i forgot to mention earlier, you might already know... when i wrecked my helmet was replaced for free.  check with the manufacturer.  and even if you can't see any damage, never ever use that helmet again.

Yes, Sam, don't leave us hanging! Hope you are okay.
2011-06-23 12:28 PM
in reply to: #3563961

User image

Elite
san francisco
RoniS - 2011-06-23 10:24 AMAny prayers, healing thoughts, positive energy sent my sister's way, would be greatly appreciated. She's had MS for 12 years now and has been managing it relatively well until recently. I called her today and found out that she can no longer walk and is having difficulty keeping food down. She is the strongest woman and never complains. When I called her she told me she was doing really good and sounded pretty upbeat, it wasn't until I asked her some direct questions that I found out what had happened over the last couple weeks. She's going in for tests to figure out what is going on and what can be done. They think it may be a reaction from the infusions she takes for her MS, but aren't sure yet.
So sorry, Roni, prayers for your sister...and for you.
2011-06-23 12:32 PM
in reply to: #3563976

User image

Champion
marietta

kt65 - 2011-06-23 1:28 PM
RoniS - 2011-06-23 10:24 AMAny prayers, healing thoughts, positive energy sent my sister's way, would be greatly appreciated. She's had MS for 12 years now and has been managing it relatively well until recently. I called her today and found out that she can no longer walk and is having difficulty keeping food down. She is the strongest woman and never complains. When I called her she told me she was doing really good and sounded pretty upbeat, it wasn't until I asked her some direct questions that I found out what had happened over the last couple weeks. She's going in for tests to figure out what is going on and what can be done. They think it may be a reaction from the infusions she takes for her MS, but aren't sure yet.

x2.  so sorry roni! 

2011-06-23 1:15 PM
in reply to: #3563976

User image

Master
Guelph, Ontario
kt65 - 2011-06-23 1:28 PM

X 3. I hope she will pull through this OK.
2011-06-23 1:25 PM
in reply to: #3563612

User image

Extreme Veteran

Is this coming out of your bike accident last week?  What are your symptoms? 

Scary stuff and nothing to fool around with.  Get seen by a Dr. (Said in the most supportive and kind way possible).

2011-06-23 1:39 PM
in reply to: #3564114

User image

Roni - my thoughts are with you and your sister. 

Sam - I hope you're okay! Take care of yourself.

2011-06-23 1:48 PM

User image

Champion
Verona WI--Ironman Bike Country!

RoniS - 2011-06-23 12:24 PM Any prayers, healing thoughts, positive energy sent my sister's way, would be greatly appreciated. She's had MS for 12 years now and has been managing it relatively well until recently. I called her today and found out that she can no longer walk and is having difficulty keeping food down. She is the strongest woman and never complains. When I called her she told me she was doing really good and sounded pretty upbeat, it wasn't until I asked her some direct questions that I found out what had happened over the last couple weeks. She's going in for tests to figure out what is going on and what can be done. They think it may be a reaction from the infusions she takes for her MS, but aren't sure yet.

Roni, I am very sorry to hear she has taken a turn for the worse.  We have a friend who's sister has had MS since she had a baby.  There were periods where she couldn't walk or barely talk and then she would regain both.  I have always heard MS described as the "disease of one" because symptoms and recovery is so different for each person.  I hope she regains her mobility.  Ironically, I am doing an MS 100K this weekend.  I will dedicate it to her. 

2011-06-23 1:50 PM

User image

Master
Maryland

RoniS - 2011-06-23 1:24 PM Any prayers, healing thoughts, positive energy sent my sister's way, would be greatly appreciated. She's had MS for 12 years now and has been managing it relatively well until recently. I called her today and found out that she can no longer walk and is having difficulty keeping food down. She is the strongest woman and never complains. When I called her she told me she was doing really good and sounded pretty upbeat, it wasn't until I asked her some direct questions that I found out what had happened over the last couple weeks. She's going in for tests to figure out what is going on and what can be done. They think it may be a reaction from the infusions she takes for her MS, but aren't sure yet.

I am praying for your sister Roni, what is her name? She sounds like a remarkable lady.

2011-06-23 2:18 PM
in reply to: #3561386

User image

Extreme Veteran
Lamar
SSMinnow - 2011-06-22 4:32 AM

Summer is officially here and I know of at least one strong soul ready to toe the line this weekend for a little IM love.  What about the rest of you?  Spill it!

No Racing for me this weekend I am on-call, son has a swim meet, and I will help out with the bike rodeo for kids on Saturday.

Good Luck to the rest of you

2011-06-23 2:25 PM
in reply to: #3562868

User image

Extreme Veteran
Lamar
fattyfatfat - 2011-06-22 6:17 PM

do you guys put your tech t's in the dryer or on the drying rack?  i always put em' on the drying rack, well the one time i did laundry a year and a half ago when jarrett was sick.  i just took a load out of the wash and it was ridiculous having to set em' all up on the rack. 

I think my wife hang dry's all of my tech shirts and bike jersey's along with shorts. If I was doing laundry I would probably dry every thing.

Before I was married I had 2 loads jeans and everything else. After I  got married I was some what educated you have dark, color, and whites plus you don't but every thing in the dryer. Who knew.

2011-06-23 3:01 PM
in reply to: #3564247

User image

Extreme Veteran

fattyfatfat - 2011-06-22 6:17 PM

do you guys put your tech t's in the dryer or on the drying rack?  i always put em' on the drying rack, well the one time i did laundry a year and a half ago when jarrett was sick.  i just took a load out of the wash and it was ridiculous having to set em' all up on the rack. 

I have been told that we have a washer and dryer in the house, but I am not exactly sure where they are or how to operate them even if I did locate them.  I exist under the same "magic" system that Cadmus enjoys.

2011-06-23 3:10 PM

User image

Master
Silverton, Oregon

Thanks everyone! You all are awesome, as usual.

Linda- her name is Carrie Peterson and, yes, she is a remarkable lady. She was diagnosed at 15 with Neurofibromitosis (causes tumors to form on the nerves) and then was diagnosed at 40 with MS. She has dealt with a lot of pain for most of her life, yet still will be the first to ask how YOU are doing and always has a smile.  We don't see each other often, but I love her dearly.

Suzy- That is really nice... THANK YOU. I will let her know.

2011-06-23 4:34 PM
in reply to: #3564363

User image

Master

Roni -- sending healing thoughts to your sister. She sounds so incredibly stoic.

Our washer/dryer are off limits to everyone but me!!! (OK, Dave occasionally gets to wash blankets or undies if he has a biz trip coming up and it's not laundry day, which is only one day a week in this house.

Tech clothes get washed (with baking soda if extra stinky) and then line-dried. They dry on our heated towel racks or hanging over heat vents in the winter, out on the deck when/if it's warm and dry. The amount of tech laundry for IM training is out of control. I do wear some things 2x before washing, as I'm not a super-duper sweater. So a jog bra or tech t might get 2 short runs before washing. Bike shorts, only one wearing. Bike jerseys, depends on the weather and conditions and how much I spit or snotted all over myself.

Trying to get out of town, but stalled by hubby's work. That's OK, as I get to procrastinate more, check in more, and try not to forget anything for awhile longer. Bags are almost packed. Almost, but not quite! Ha!! Updating iphone apps now, which is why I have time to be here online. You know, I'm taking care of the important stuff!!!! Really, when I go anywhere anymore I'm of the mind of "If I forget it, I can buy it there." So as long as I have bike/shoes/helmet/shades/wetsuit/goggles/running shoes/hat/tri shorts/tri tank, what more do I need????

IT'S ALL GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2011-06-23 5:12 PM
in reply to: #3564679

User image

Elite
san francisco
kkcbelle - 2011-06-23 2:34 PM

Roni -- sending healing thoughts to your sister. She sounds so incredibly stoic.

Our washer/dryer are off limits to everyone but me!!! (OK, Dave occasionally gets to wash blankets or undies if he has a biz trip coming up and it's not laundry day, which is only one day a week in this house.

Tech clothes get washed (with baking soda if extra stinky) and then line-dried. They dry on our heated towel racks or hanging over heat vents in the winter, out on the deck when/if it's warm and dry. The amount of tech laundry for IM training is out of control. I do wear some things 2x before washing, as I'm not a super-duper sweater. So a jog bra or tech t might get 2 short runs before washing. Bike shorts, only one wearing. Bike jerseys, depends on the weather and conditions and how much I spit or snotted all over myself.

Trying to get out of town, but stalled by hubby's work. That's OK, as I get to procrastinate more, check in more, and try not to forget anything for awhile longer. Bags are almost packed. Almost, but not quite! Ha!! Updating iphone apps now, which is why I have time to be here online. You know, I'm taking care of the important stuff!!!! Really, when I go anywhere anymore I'm of the mind of "If I forget it, I can buy it there." So as long as I have bike/shoes/helmet/shades/wetsuit/goggles/running shoes/hat/tri shorts/tri tank, what more do I need????

oh good, that's all i wanted to know, whether we'd still be playing wwf this weekend!  Tongue out

Travel safely and don't get there and forget something silly like your bike.  hey, where's your race belt in that list.  extra socks!  nutrition!  lalalalalalalala!  IT's ALL GOOOOOOOOD!  go get 'em Zen Tiger. 

2011-06-23 6:22 PM
in reply to: #3564679

User image

Champion
Verona WI--Ironman Bike Country!
kkcbelle - 2011-06-23 4:34 PM

SPORTS BRA!

Bike people, I have  real question!!

What difference does it make if you have a 52/39 or a 53/39?  What does that extra tooth do for you?

2011-06-23 6:24 PM

User image

Master
Maryland
Tony should be able to answer that question, I sure don't have a clue!
2011-06-23 7:07 PM
in reply to: #3563970

User image

Expert
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia
kt65 - 2011-06-23 12:26 PM

Yes I am basically fine but I have been wrestling with my decision whether or not to race this weekend.  I seem to be having some lingering head issues from the wreck.  The ER doc did think that I gave myself a mild concussion.  I was checked out at the scene, in the ambulance and CT scans at the hospital were normal.  She said to wait 7 days after symptoms disappear before I put myself in a position to fall again like bike riding (and swimming w/ a bunch of people at once.)  I know it's one silly race but I'm not a good patient.  Oh well - I know what my gut is telling me to do.

One the bright side - stitches come out tomorrow and leg is healing well.  Woo Hoo.

2011-06-23 7:16 PM

User image

Expert
Brevard, North Carolina

Good luck this weekend racers!  Special good luck wishes go out to you, Kyla. I hope to be following you from the comfort of my sofa :-)

I've been enjoying the conversations about ows, laundry, etc.  I put everything in the dryer, but you're all making me paranoid.  Maybe I should be more careful with my stuff.  Hmmmmm.  Who's got time or space for all that air drying??? I don't have any advice on the car either.  My kids are all grown and have vehicles of their own--it's NICE!

Roni,  thinking of your sister and your entire family. Sending prayers your way.

My goals for Saturday's race:  1) have fun and enjoy the experience--this includes laughing at myself when stupid happens!!  2) do something to make the day better for others  3) if all the planets are in alignment--run the entire run portion of the race.  I may need to get out that big club Rob recommended and beat down a few mental demons.

2011-06-23 7:17 PM
in reply to: #3564859

User image

Elite
san francisco
sdalessio - 2011-06-23 5:07 PM

Yes I am basically fine but I have been wrestling with my decision whether or not to race this weekend.  I seem to be having some lingering head issues from the wreck.  The ER doc did think that I gave myself a mild concussion.  I was checked out at the scene, in the ambulance and CT scans at the hospital were normal.  She said to wait 7 days after symptoms disappear before I put myself in a position to fall again like bike riding (and swimming w/ a bunch of people at once.)  I know it's one silly race but I'm not a good patient.  Oh well - I know what my gut is telling me to do.

One the bright side - stitches come out tomorrow and leg is healing well.  Woo Hoo.

Good to hear, Sam...protect that smart brain of yours!!! 

2011-06-23 7:21 PM
in reply to: #3564859

User image

Expert
Brevard, North Carolina
sdalessio - 2011-06-23 8:07 PM

Sam,

You already know what you should do, don't you???  You're brain is inside that beautiful thick skull of yours :-)  Don't take any chances--especially if your still having "head issues".  There will be other races, and none of us are good at being patient and even worse at taking advice that we don't want to hear!

my 2 cents. 

2011-06-23 9:03 PM
in reply to: #3564816

User image

Elite
Raleigh
SSMinnow - 2011-06-23 7:22 PM
kkcbelle - 2011-06-23 4:34 PM

SPORTS BRA!

Bike people, I have  real question!!

What difference does it make if you have a 52/39 or a 53/39?  What does that extra tooth do for you?

The difference on the 11 tooth cog (which is where the difference is the greatest) is 19.2cm for one rev: 9.965 meters, compared to 10.157 meters

The main difference is that you'll probably have to move and re-clamp your front derailleur.

There will be an average difference of 0.5 mph at 100rpm cadence between the 52 and 53.  A little more in the 12 and less in 27.   Everybody has their own needs, so they make different gears.   The most important thing is to find gears that have close spacing around your average cruising pace.  That is where it is most important if you ride mostly flat rides. 

This is moot unless you're running out of gears in a 12-52 on the flats at 34+.

2011-06-23 10:14 PM

User image

Master
Almaden Valley, San Jose, California

Home from the wonderful, quick trip to the PNW.  I think I brought the good weather!

Kyla - can't WAIT to track you.  Sent you an e-mail with the IM essay.

Sam - concussions?  We're pros, here.    Here's a link to the article about my daughter.  Don't mess with it, really.  Second-hit syndrome is real.  http://www.thehawkeye.com/Story/Concussions_090407

Roni - so sorry about your sister.  Sending prayers.

Ryan - WHERE WERE YOU?!?

Laundry - I do it, all.  About 568 loads a week.  Laundry is  going EVERY DAY, so stinky stuff doesn't wait long.  It's lazy of me, but I do throw the clothes into the dryer, too.  When they're really stinky, I throw some Borax into the wash.  My count will go way down this summer, when kid #1 and kid #2 move out.

Side note, anybody have experience with Zipps and Specialized Transition?  First try, they don't fit.

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » SWBKRUN fast, furious, and closed Rss Feed  

of 298