BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Manatee Mentors 2014 v.2 thread2 CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes?) Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply
CLOSED

of 103

2014-08-05 1:43 PM
in reply to: 4agoodlife

User image

Master
Subject: RE: Manatee Mentors 2014 v.2 thread2 CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes?)

And we're officially "foster failures". Pogo (as I renamed Buttons) is now part of the family. Seemed no one in the family wanted to give him up. According to rescue, he's part Italian Greyhound, and his personality sure fits the AKC description.

(20140724_164250.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
20140724_164250.jpg (42KB - 4 downloads)

2014-08-05 1:49 PM
in reply to: laffinrock

User image

Originally posted by laffinrock

Originally posted by dmgaudre Wow, you guys really do talk a lot! I'm behind on my training at the moment. Sad, as I just started less than two weeks ago. I'm finishing up three summer courses and I'm in the middle of finals right now. I will be kicking it into high gear starting Thursday...once I bust out these finals. On a happier note, I just got my new running shoes! On Clouds. Woohoo!

Yeah, we're pretty chatty most of the time.  Yay for new shoes and finishing finals!!  Don't worry about being behind on your training.  You've got your priorities straight and you'll be fine.  Be careful about kicking into too high a gear to make up for lost time - you don't want to end up with an overuse injury. Two great pieces of advice I've gotten here:  (1) If you're going to push yourself hard in a workout, be sure you're still able to do the next day's workout, and (2) never compare your workout log to someone else's unless they're at about your same fitness level.  Speaking from personal experience, doing that is a sure-fire way to feel like a pathetic wimp!!

LOL...thank you. I will remember that! Well, truth be told...high gear for me is just getting out and doing my training. I actually had knee surgery last November so I'm taking it fairly easy. If my knee tells me it needs a rest, I give it one. :-)
2014-08-05 1:49 PM

User image

Originally posted by 4agoodlife

And we're officially "foster failures". Pogo (as I renamed Buttons) is now part of the family. Seemed no one in the family wanted to give him up. According to rescue, he's part Italian Greyhound, and his personality sure fits the AKC description.

Oh my gosh, he's adorable! (The furless kid is cute too...) lol
2014-08-05 1:54 PM
in reply to: jmkizer

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Originally posted by jmkizer

Originally posted by cdban66

Originally posted by IndoIronYanti

I want this. And the outfit, too Love me some Maggie Vessey and wish I'd invited her to my Bali wedding!

I saw that photo too!  I think that Salty needs to get some outfits like this in ORANGE!

P.S.  I liked the one that tied at shoulder but this one is good too.

This?

Yes!  I think that if Salty swapped the white for orange, it would work.  What do you think?

I am not sure what I think, however I can say I think fashion colliding with racing makes for interesting attire. 

2014-08-05 2:03 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Master

Jeebus!  Go away for a few days and all heck breaks loose up in here!  We drove home from our friends place in Calgary yesterday, and you guys was busy!

I have done exactly 1 swim since IMC, and I don't feel a bit bad .  Actually, I guess I am sorta on the DL right now, my left leg has some tendinitis going on.  Improving for certain, but I am staying away from running until it is 100%.  I'll keep swimming, and see how biking feels in the next couple days.  Still getting the strange emails from support though...

Our friends have a Scottish Black Face sheep farm (hobby), so Lysie got her first taste of herding.  That was fun .  I got to help move 160 bales of hay, also fun.  Lots of veggies to pick and eggs to collect.  Oh, and I did some herding as well, as it was time to separate the ram lambs from their mommas.  They were not happy, especially one called Quinn, who called and called and called for his momma.  They 4 months old (and unless someone told me that they were 4 month lambs, I wouldn't know it, they look like small adults, not cute and cuddly or anything), so it wasn't as sad as it sounds!  Our friends have 6 dogs (a foster Staffie, a 15 wk old Staffie puppy, a Dutch Shepherd, a Border Collie, a Frenchie, a Chihuahua) and we have 3, so it was chaos.  Some of the dogs don't get along, so there was much musical dogs happening!  Good times. 

Waaaaay too much to catch up on, so:  Great job racey racers.  Heal up DL'ers.  Nice to see you Jen.  Welcome Deanna.

Is it wrong that I read all the non triathlon posts, but skimmed the training and gear related posts!!!!

ETA: Cute dogs everyone!

Edited by IronOx 2014-08-05 2:07 PM
2014-08-05 2:04 PM
in reply to: cdban66

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

I want this. And the outfit, too Love me some Maggie Vessey and wish I'd invited her to my Bali wedding!

I saw that photo too!  I think that Salty needs to get some outfits like this in ORANGE!

This?

Yes!  I think that if Salty swapped the white for orange, it would work.  What do you think?

I am not sure what I think, however I can say I think fashion colliding with racing makes for interesting attire. 

Didn't we have a conversation (many threads ago) about seeing you in interesting attire Chris?

2014-08-05 2:05 PM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

This?

Project Runway, Track Edition.

Yeah, it scares me too.

2014-08-05 2:06 PM
in reply to: rrrunner

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Originally posted by rrrunner

This?

Didn't we have a conversation (many threads ago) about seeing you in interesting attire Chris?

Maybe....

2014-08-05 2:16 PM

User image

Master

This?

Maybe....

YES...though somebody just threw out teasers.
2014-08-05 2:29 PM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Originally posted by 4agoodlife

This?

Maybe....

YES...though somebody just threw out teasers.

The Internet is a big thing, chances of finding stuff can sometimes be like a needle in a haystack. 

2014-08-05 2:29 PM
in reply to: IronOx

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by IronOx

Jeebus!  Go away for a few days and all heck breaks loose up in here!  We drove home from our friends place in Calgary yesterday, and you guys was busy!

I have done exactly 1 swim since IMC, and I don't feel a bit bad .  Actually, I guess I am sorta on the DL right now, my left leg has some tendinitis going on.  Improving for certain, but I am staying away from running until it is 100%.  I'll keep swimming, and see how biking feels in the next couple days.  Still getting the strange emails from support though...

Our friends have a Scottish Black Face sheep farm (hobby), so Lysie got her first taste of herding.  That was fun .  I got to help move 160 bales of hay, also fun.  Lots of veggies to pick and eggs to collect.  Oh, and I did some herding as well, as it was time to separate the ram lambs from their mommas.  They were not happy, especially one called Quinn, who called and called and called for his momma.  They 4 months old (and unless someone told me that they were 4 month lambs, I wouldn't know it, they look like small adults, not cute and cuddly or anything), so it wasn't as sad as it sounds!  Our friends have 6 dogs (a foster Staffie, a 15 wk old Staffie puppy, a Dutch Shepherd, a Border Collie, a Frenchie, a Chihuahua) and we have 3, so it was chaos.  Some of the dogs don't get along, so there was much musical dogs happening!  Good times. 

Waaaaay too much to catch up on, so:  Great job racey racers.  Heal up DL'ers.  Nice to see you Jen.  Welcome Deanna.

Is it wrong that I read all the non triathlon posts, but skimmed the training and gear related posts!!!!

This reminds me of a scene from the Silence of the Lambs. 

2014-08-05 2:36 PM
in reply to: amd723

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Originally posted by amd723

I thought it was the United Nations of Canines.

2014-08-05 2:39 PM

User image

Master

Ha!  Too funny.  A Mexican, a few British, an English/Scottish mix, a Frenchie, a Dutch, and a Hungarian.

2014-08-05 2:41 PM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Ha!  Too funny.  A Mexican, a few British, an English/Scottish mix, a Frenchie, a Dutch, and a Hungarian.

That's the worst start to a joke ever.  A Mexican, a few British, an English/Scottish mix, a Frenchie, a Dutch, and a Hungarian walk into a bar...

They all say Ouch.

2014-08-05 2:44 PM

User image

Master

That's the worst start to a joke ever.  A Mexican, a few British, an English/Scottish mix, a Frenchie, a Dutch, and a Hungarian walk into a bar...

They all say Ouch.

Long, drawn out groooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

2014-08-05 2:45 PM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

They all say Ouch.

Long, drawn out groooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Groan indeed.  It hurt as I typed it. 

2014-08-05 2:50 PM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

They all say Ouch.

Chris, we are on to you.  We see how you are trying to distract us from TJ's very important question.  As a reminder, TJ asked, "Didn't we have a conversation (many threads ago) about seeing you in interesting attire Chris?"

2014-08-05 2:52 PM

User image

Master
Orlando

They all say Ouch.

Chris, we are on to you.  We see how you are trying to distract us from TJ's very important question.  As a reminder, TJ asked, "Didn't we have a conversation (many threads ago) about seeing you in interesting attire Chris?"

Way to refocus him Janyne.  In the legal world we call what he did a red herring.  Don't red herring us Chris!!

2014-08-05 2:56 PM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Way to refocus him Janyne.  In the legal world we call what he did a red herring.  Don't red herring us Chris!!

As I mentioned above, the Internet is large and finding things can be a challenge, especially without a starting point.  So, here is all the info you'll get for today: Relay for Life, Englewood. I forget the year, but I believe it was early 2000's.

2014-08-05 3:09 PM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

As I mentioned above, the Internet is large and finding things can be a challenge, especially without a starting point.  So, here is all the info you'll get for today: Relay for Life, Englewood. I forget the year, but I believe it was early 2000's.

Does it involve an evening gown competition or should I not bother to look over that section closely?

2014-08-05 3:11 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Does it involve an evening gown competition or should I not bother to look over that section closely?

Knock yourself out, and remember, it was for charity.

And with that, I am out of here! Another day older and deeper in debt.

Edited by cdban66 2014-08-05 3:12 PM

2014-08-05 3:14 PM

User image

Denver, CO

This?

Aw, c'mon.  Venus Williams has done all kinds of wonders for tennis attire and beach volleyball has those microsuits, so why not running?

2014-08-05 3:17 PM

User image

Denver, CO

Well, I WAS going to ask about Kirsten's dogs and comment on Erin's cute new canine addition, but don't want to derail the interesting direction this is going....

2014-08-05 3:27 PM

User image

Master
Orlando

I knew you'd crack this thing quickly!  Still, my memory was that Chris was going to buy and dress in some sort of skimpy tri outfit.  I want to see this evening gown picture too, but let's not let him off the hook on this either!

2014-08-05 4:03 PM

User image

Master

I knew you'd crack this thing quickly!  Still, my memory was that Chris was going to buy and dress in some sort of skimpy tri outfit.  I want to see this evening gown picture too, but let's not let him off the hook on this either!

With all the make-up, it's hard to tell. :'D It does seem the outfit in question was cut along slimmer lines.
New Thread
CLOSED
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Manatee Mentors 2014 v.2 thread2 CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes?) Rss Feed  

of 103

RELATED POSTS

Funked Up Triathletes - Season 2 - Olympic/Sprint Focus - Closed Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27

Started by funkj25
Views: 45023 Posts: 669

2018-01-16 11:34 PM aviatrix802

Baowolf's Fun In the Sun Mentor Group (OPEN) Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30

Started by Baowolf
Views: 39219 Posts: 743

2015-03-16 2:42 AM scubabrad02

Manatee Monkey Mentors SHUT (Poptart or pet pic bribes considered) Pages: 1 ... 97 98 99 100

Started by IndoIronYanti
Views: 76000 Posts: 2488

2014-07-30 9:43 AM IndoIronYanti

Slornow and Wannabefaster's Summer Group-CLOSED Pages: 1 ... 51 52 53 54

Started by slornow
Views: 52213 Posts: 1331

2014-12-18 10:15 PM wannabefaster

Todd's Tri Turtles 3 (Beginner, Sprint, 5K, 10K) Basically Closed Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23

Started by Hunting Triathlete
Views: 27586 Posts: 569

2014-12-14 7:18 PM cassowary
RELATED ARTICLES
date : January 29, 2013
author : Scott Tinley
comments : 0
There are races to prepare for and health to be found and a lot of adventure and release to be sought in the oceans of the world.

date : February 6, 2010
author : EndurancePlanet
Coming off of a tibial stress fracture in 2000, stevebradley made his way into triathlon. Now he has over 60 triathlons completed and is one of the most active mentor groups on BT.
date : July 15, 2009
author : EndurancePlanet
Not only is he a great athlete, he is a great mentor. I have been in his mentor group for the last two rounds and he inspires and encourages our entire group daily.

date : April 23, 2009
author : Team BT
comments : 1
The closed fist drill will ensure that you are pulling with your entire hand and forearm.
date : February 19, 2007
author : Terese Luikens
Find a mentor. Make a list of at least three people that you could approach for help, list your specific needs and then be courageous enough to begin asking.