in reply to: Socks

User image

Sensei
Sin City
Subject: RE: NewTAN's Third Law of Motion

Originally posted by Socks

Originally posted by mehaner

doctor was a big waste of time.

it's not a fracture, so that's nice, but only direction i have is continue to do activity as long as it doesn't hurt and come back for an MRI and i'll follow up in 2 weeks and do what?  tell you to rest?

is there ANY REASON on earth i should waste my time and money on the MRI/followup appt if all 3 possible outcomes just mean i have to rest?

and in the meantime how do i not go BAT POOP CRAZY not being able to do anything i like?

So what exactly is wrong/hurting? the ankle still?  Pm me if you want and I will try to help

Know anything in the ear/nose/throat field?

2014-07-29 5:45 PM
in reply to: Kido

User image

Sensei
Sin City

The episode of Brain Games that the wife and I were in aired last night on NatGeo.  It will re-air a couple times this week.  I came off pretty good!  It's the battle of the sexes 2 episode.  She made a quick testimonial in the superstition episode after that.  But she stole MY superstition!  They just wanted to film here for the cuteness factor which I evidently don't have so they had her say my superstition was hers... BOO "reality" TV - BOO!

In my quest to conquer the fatness, I signed up for a year of hot yoga/pilates/bootcamp.  First class last night.

I got all jazzed (that's with an "a", mind you) when a hottie set up next to me.  I showed off my great technique and form for about 35 minutes then the heat got to me.  Pretty much a quivering blob of goo melted all over my mat.  Kept from moaning or passing out though, kept SOME dignity.  Seriously, I PAY to leave the 105 degree weather outside to be INSIDE a 105 degree room plus 40% humidity?  I'm must be loony, or desperate, or both.

2014-07-29 5:46 PM

User image

Sensei
Sin City

Read my 4 posts...  ^^^^^^^  now five.

2014-07-29 6:56 PM
in reply to: mehaner

User image

Champion
Williamston, Michigan

Originally posted by jford2309

Seeing the thread about the name of BT and if it needs to be changed in Tri Talk quickly turned into a "back in the good old days of BT" memory trip where people started talking about what they like before the redesign. One of the most mentioned things was the inspires that no one seems to leave anymore. So I got to thinking, do any of you leave inspires anymore or even receive them? I can't remember the last time I left one or got one...

(And no, I am not fishing for inspires!)

i inspire pretty regularly.  i receive inspires about as much as a i give.  i LOVE inspires

ditto.  The redesign makes it difficult for a new user to figure it out.  Now that chat is gone I think its made it a lot less social.  We used to have massive BT get togethers at races and now people can't be bothered.  I count BTers amoung some of my best friends.  Lucy (AKA Christine) had lots of friends here.  Look back at my blog from early July 2007 and you will see,   For better of for worse I was there during the thick of things.  Look at the love there.  She died July 15 2007

2014-07-30 6:49 AM

User image

Champion
the alamo city, Texas

Originally posted by Kido

Read my 4 posts...  ^^^^^^^  now five.

i've missed the kido-multi posts.

2014-07-30 9:21 AM

User image

Champion
Williamston, Michigan

Kido no not an ENT but can try to help

All I can say today is that my conviction that most people are more pleasant under the effect of a general anesthetic is proving to be all too true

2014-07-30 12:48 PM
in reply to: Socks

User image

Pro
Bartlett, TN

I have decided that for the rest of the month, I am going to leave 3, maybe 4 inspires a day to random people!

2014-07-30 12:59 PM
in reply to: jford2309

User image

Champion
Southern Chicago Suburbs, IL

I have decided that for the rest of the month, I am going to leave 3, maybe 4 inspires a day to random people!

While I can't do that many, I'm definitely going to try to start doing that again.  

2014-07-30 2:44 PM

User image

Champion
the alamo city, Texas

I love random inspiring.  If you mouse over community and click on "BT Blogger" you get all the most recent blog updates.  I like stalking and random inspiring those people.

2014-07-30 4:00 PM

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

I love random inspiring.  If you mouse over community and click on "BT Blogger" you get all the most recent blog updates.  I like stalking and random inspiring those people.

There's a BT Blogger link?  How the heck did I not know this before??  I like this stalking and random inspiring idea.   

2014-07-30 4:29 PM
in reply to: blueyedbikergirl

User image

Sensei
Sin City

I sort of felt random inspires by guys may come across as creepy-ish...

Went to a couple less visited threads and this came to mind (I used it in the baby stroller thread too)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwM_-jyKQIs

2014-07-30 4:31 PM
in reply to: blueyedbikergirl

User image

Sensei
Sin City

Originally posted by blueyedbikergirl

There's a BT Blogger link?  How the heck did I not know this before??  I like this stalking and random inspiring idea.   

I think I happened upon this once or twice.  It's a blog from a random user I think.  Sort of a random "blog of the day" pulled from someone's log if they share to the public?

I could be wrong.  I may want to be careful what I write if they should use mine (if that's how it works).

2014-07-30 4:35 PM

User image

Pro
Bartlett, TN

I am worn out, I think I left about 4, maybe 5 inspires today! Going to be tough to keep this up the rest of the month like I promised!

2014-07-30 4:36 PM

User image

Champion
the alamo city, Texas

I think I happened upon this once or twice.  It's a blog from a random user I think.  Sort of a random "blog of the day" pulled from someone's log if they share to the public?

I could be wrong.  I may want to be careful what I write if they should use mine (if that's how it works).

i think it's just the last 10 blogs that have been updated.

2014-07-30 4:37 PM

User image

Sensei
Sin City

Should I start reconstructing my friends list?  It got hard to manage for a bit after the switch, plus I needed to do some purging...  It was easier to just delete all and start from scratch...

2014-07-30 4:38 PM

User image

Sensei
Sin City

i think it's just the last 10 blogs that have been updated.

So mine, even if I should happen to use foul-ish language could get used?  Not that I would ever use nasty curse words and such...  Or talk about other BTers...

2014-07-30 4:47 PM

User image

Alpharetta, Georgia
Bronze member

It used to be that you had to have a "blog title" for your entries to appear in the BT Blogger. Not sure now. I think you also have to be set as public, or no "friends only" settings.

I also think there is some algorithm where the people you interact with most show up on your BT blogger. Just a theory, based on who I see regularly.

Community > BT Blogger

2014-07-30 5:33 PM
in reply to: lisac957

User image

Sensei
Sin City

Interesting result of the recent inspire trend.  I'm actually going to blogs and reading some interesting things.  Some are not all that bad.  There are all different levels of activity too.  Some that don't train/post, and others that are going like crazy.  I guess I'm not completely the odd man out that I'm not killing the tri training.

2014-07-31 9:21 AM

User image

Pro
Bartlett, TN

Interesting result of the recent inspire trend.  I'm actually going to blogs and reading some interesting things.  Some are not all that bad.  There are all different levels of activity too.  Some that don't train/post, and others that are going like crazy.  I guess I'm not completely the odd man out that I'm not killing the tri training.

I am still stalking some people I know, but I am trying to branch out to some new people I do not know yet through the BT blogger, at least till the end of them month. A promise is a promise!!!!

2014-07-31 9:48 AM

User image

Champion
the alamo city, Texas

yeah, this is what i'm loving about the BT blogger.  it is fun times.

2014-07-31 10:18 AM

User image

Pro
Bartlett, TN

yeah, this is what i'm loving about the BT blogger.  it is fun times.

I go on BT Blogger and read the few lines available, and think I am going to inspire that person, only to find that hey blogged about something personal and then I have to rethink me inspiring them. I don't want to come off as a jerk!  So it doesw surprise me how personal some people get in their blog.

2014-07-31 5:31 PM

User image

Sensei
Sin City

Wow, what a slow day in CoJ.  TAN has been the most recent thread to have been contributed to (other than the vehicle thread) and the last post in HERE was 8:15 am.

So there has been zero posts in CoJ other than the vehicle thread all day...  Weird.

2014-08-01 9:58 AM

User image

Elite
Cleveland

Where the heck has this year gone?  Happy August 1st (and Happy Friday), errrbody. 

Anybody has any good plans this weekend?  All I've got is doing home repairs (getting Eliza's house ready to sell) and training (4 hours on the drainer tomorrow)..... I need to live vicariously through someone.

2014-08-01 10:26 AM
in reply to: cgregg

User image

Regular
Madrid
Its not gonna be me. Toothache came on Wednesday night. Thursday dentist. Another root canal needed. The even worse news is he can't do it until tomorrow as he needs time for the antibiotics to do their stuff. Not fun. This is the second one of these in like the last 3 months....
2014-08-01 10:41 AM
in reply to: gr33n

User image

Champion
Southern Chicago Suburbs, IL

Originally posted by gr33n Its not gonna be me. Toothache came on Wednesday night. Thursday dentist. Another root canal needed. The even worse news is he can't do it until tomorrow as he needs time for the antibiotics to do their stuff. Not fun. This is the second one of these in like the last 3 months....

YEOW!  

New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » NewTAN's Third Law of Motion Rss Feed  

of 60

RELATED POSTS

Wii help needed: Want to kill, but get motion sickness

Started by AcesFull
Views: 1692 Posts: 10

2009-01-05 10:42 AM TriRSquared

I'll make a motion...

Started by Sharkie
Views: 2210 Posts: 20

2008-12-11 10:50 AM JoshKaptur

Motion Sickness

Started by soloryder
Views: 1916 Posts: 13

2008-06-20 1:15 PM erin116

Motion Sensors?

Started by steveseer
Views: 2249 Posts: 14

2008-06-03 10:26 PM tech_geezer

can you pass the third grade? Pages: 1 2

Started by gabejd09
Views: 3965 Posts: 33

2004-10-04 2:23 PM Whit
RELATED ARTICLES
date : February 6, 2012
author : AMSSM
comments : 0
How to regain enough range of motion to swim freestyle after a shoulder injury or surgery

date : May 11, 2009
author : FitWerx
Motion capture technology with 2D and 3D analysis offers some powerful benefits compared to just a standard bike fit.
date : May 20, 2008
author : Tri Swim Coach
So tell me why I want to bother swimming the other strokes? I'm IM training, and plan to swim freestyle for the entire race, is there an advantage to working on the other strokes?

date : March 6, 2007
author : AMSSM
If one muscle has restrictions it can limit the range of motion on the connecting joint and have a domino effect as that tension and restriction is carried down the chain.
date : July 4, 2006
author : KevinKonczak
While most do not think about the actual vector breakdown involved in the cycling stroke and where the power is applied in detail, when you finally do think about it, things become clearer.

date : September 4, 2004
author : Gareth
Flexibility, muscle imbalances relating to range of motion and how it affects your swimming technique.
date : September 2, 2004
author : Michael
I was able to spend one Saturday morning in the store conducting this interview and I learned a good bit of information about shoes and proper fitting.

date : September 2, 2004
author : chrisandniki
To avoid a myriad of injuries (joint pain to your knees, ankles, hips, shin splints, foot pain, bruises), it’s invaluable to find the right running shoes.