Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply

of 60

2014-08-01 10:42 AM
in reply to: cgregg

User image

Champion
Southern Chicago Suburbs, IL
Subject: RE: NewTAN's Third Law of Motion

Leaving for NOLA on Saturday to give a talk on Sunday and then from there going to Indy for a conference M-W.  Should be fun.  I think I get into Indy on Sunday somewhere around 11.  Yuck.  

2014-08-01 11:11 AM

User image

Champion
the alamo city, Texas

Originally posted by cgregg

Where the heck has this year gone?  Happy August 1st (and Happy Friday), errrbody. 

Anybody has any good plans this weekend?  All I've got is doing home repairs (getting Eliza's house ready to sell) and training (4 hours on the drainer tomorrow)..... I need to live vicariously through someone.

no good plans here either.  it's going to rain all weekend and have to go to my nephew's one-year bday party tomorrow.  a cookout in the rain.  with my know-it-all judgey sis-in-law.  sigh.

2014-08-01 11:47 AM
in reply to: mehaner

User image

Champion
Williamston, Michigan

Originally posted by mehaner

Where the heck has this year gone?  Happy August 1st (and Happy Friday), errrbody. 

Anybody has any good plans this weekend?  All I've got is doing home repairs (getting Eliza's house ready to sell) and training (4 hours on the drainer tomorrow)..... I need to live vicariously through someone.

no good plans here either.  it's going to rain all weekend and have to go to my nephew's one-year bday party tomorrow.  a cookout in the rain.  with my know-it-all judgey sis-in-law.  sigh.

I get to be on call. Lucky me. Me the cats and hoping the phone doesn't ring. It will be awesome

2014-08-01 11:52 AM
in reply to: Socks

User image

Champion
the alamo city, Texas

Originally posted by Socks

I get to be on call. Lucky me. Me the cats and hoping the phone doesn't ring. It will be awesome

i would honestly rather work than go to this party tomorrow...

2014-08-01 12:07 PM

User image

Sensei
Sin City

Not sure what I got planned.  Stuff with wife and FIL...  Yay...

Workout of course.  I took a Pie-Lates class last night in the hot studio.  Once again, arse kicked.  I'm SO week and that heat does a number on me.

Crazy I can run a half mary or bike 50 miles and feel ok, but can't get through an hour class of situps and pushups and other strength stuff.

2014-08-01 12:08 PM

User image

Sensei
Sin City

Be the drink Aunt.  I can usually handle that stuff EXCEPT for all the kid noise...  Food is usually pretty good and I love me some cake.

2014-08-01 12:09 PM
in reply to: Kido

User image

Sensei
Sin City

Rough week for me.  In a nut shell, me and one of the owners don't see eye to eye.  In fact, no one in the company sees eye to eye with him.  A couple sleepless nights thinking about how to deal with it.  I'm thinking a job search may be in order.

2014-08-01 12:23 PM

User image

Champion
Southern Chicago Suburbs, IL

Originally posted by Kido

Rough week for me.  In a nut shell, me and one of the owners don't see eye to eye.  In fact, no one in the company sees eye to eye with him.  A couple sleepless nights thinking about how to deal with it.  I'm thinking a job search may be in order.

That sucks.  I know how that feels.  Good luck sir.

2014-08-01 12:34 PM
in reply to: crowny2

User image

Pro
Bartlett, TN

Tonight we (wife and I) are going to see the new Planet of the Apes movie, then tomorrow morning I am planning a 5 mile run then head to a kids triathlon to cheer, then I plan on watching my older boys mow the yard!

2014-08-01 3:25 PM

User image

Champion
the alamo city, Texas

Be the drink Aunt.  I can usually handle that stuff EXCEPT for all the kid noise...  Food is usually pretty good and I love me some cake.

the invite actually specifies NO ALCOHOL.  i like kids and their uncomplicated-ness.  buy my SIL makes it awful.

2014-08-01 3:32 PM

User image

Sensei
Sin City

the invite actually specifies NO ALCOHOL.  i like kids and their uncomplicated-ness.  buy my SIL makes it awful.

Don't go.  Just make up an excuse - car trouble or had to go into work at the last second.

2014-08-01 4:18 PM

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

Hmmm... I'm hoping to join an easy group ride tomorrow out of one of the bike shops here, then taking the Mini to have the roof rack put on properly.  I want to see the new Guardians of the Galaxy and then Sunday might be another kickmyASS ride with Katie & Molly, though I need the azzkicking.  Badly. 

Other than that... nuthin' going on.  

2014-08-01 4:24 PM

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

Don't go.  Just make up an excuse - car trouble or had to go into work at the last second.

Ugh.  Family obligations are the worst.  If you want to be there for your nephew, then go and suck it up and remember that it's one day... if she's going to be WAAAAAAAAAY too much of a nightmare then I'd save myself the headache and find something else you'd rather be doing - like stabbing out your eyeballs.  

2014-08-02 6:45 PM
in reply to: blueyedbikergirl

User image

Champion
Williamston, Michigan

Originally posted by blueyedbikergirl

Ugh.  Family obligations are the worst.  If you want to be there for your nephew, then go and suck it up and remember that it's one day... if she's going to be WAAAAAAAAAY too much of a nightmare then I'd save myself the headache and find something else you'd rather be doing - like stabbing out your eyeballs.  

Bring a sports bottle with special Auntie juice......martini flavored or something

2014-08-03 8:55 AM
in reply to: Socks

User image

Champion
the alamo city, Texas

hahahaha auntie juice

2014-08-04 5:50 AM

User image

Regular
Madrid
You all still had a walk in the park compared to my weekend. Went for the root canal Saturday morning and was told to go home. The thing was still so inflamed and painful the dentist wouldn't touch it. I was about ready to rip the tooth out myself. Sat around feeling like my head was about to split in 2. The antibiotics finally started to do their thing Sunday afternoon. Hopefully will get resolution tonight.

2014-08-04 7:00 AM
in reply to: gr33n

User image

Champion
the alamo city, Texas

Originally posted by gr33n You all still had a walk in the park compared to my weekend. Went for the root canal Saturday morning and was told to go home. The thing was still so inflamed and painful the dentist wouldn't touch it. I was about ready to rip the tooth out myself. Sat around feeling like my head was about to split in 2. The antibiotics finally started to do their thing Sunday afternoon. Hopefully will get resolution tonight.

blech that sounds awful!

also - i am too old to be out late on a school night.  feeling miserable today.

2014-08-04 8:36 AM

User image

Champion
Williamston, Michigan

Originally posted by gr33n You all still had a walk in the park compared to my weekend. Went for the root canal Saturday morning and was told to go home. The thing was still so inflamed and painful the dentist wouldn't touch it. I was about ready to rip the tooth out myself. Sat around feeling like my head was about to split in 2. The antibiotics finally started to do their thing Sunday afternoon. Hopefully will get resolution tonight.

blech that sounds awful!

also - i am too old to be out late on a school night.  feeling miserable today.

Hope you feel better soon

MEH how did the birthday party go? Did you make some auntie juice??

2014-08-04 9:20 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Alpharetta, Georgia
Bronze member

I also need a birthday party update, MEH.

I had a weird weekend - went to a funeral Saturday for an former co-worker. She was single - never married, never had kids, not a lot of family. Died at 60 years old. Not a whole lot of people showed up to the funeral, especially from work which surprised me, and I couldn't help but think about who would show up to my funeral. I am a lot like her with the never married/no kids thing... strange to think about.

Edited by lisac957 2014-08-04 9:20 AM
2014-08-04 10:33 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Champion
the alamo city, Texas

the birthday party wasn't terrible, just awkward as 1-year-old parties are.  i am definitely not doing this if i ever have kids.  30 adults standing around watching a kid try to eat cake taking 100 pictures.  so weird.  the food was fantastic and we left and went to visit friends with babies that we are actually allowed to play with, so it ended up being a nice saturday :-P

Edited by mehaner 2014-08-04 10:34 AM
2014-08-04 1:36 PM

User image

Sensei
Sin City

If I throw I 1-yr old party.  It's going to be an excuse for adults to eat and drink and toss a few gifts the kid's way I suppose.  Any excuse for cake.  But there WILL be booze.  Sorry. 

Well, he have had in-laws for about a month at the house and we are at a tipping point.  The wife and I just about went at it yesterday, which always seems to happen during these long stays.

I think because in day to day life, we can vent out stuff slowly like a pressure cooker.  Minor disagreements are handled on the spot.  With in-laws around, I think we sit on things pretending we have the perfect conflict free relationship but pressure builds and builds until something stupid sets it off.  It's hard for a MONTH to fit my work, workouts, adjust home living, feed them, entertain them, be on my Ps and Qs, adjusting/eliminating baby making time...

Shipping the FIL out tomorrow but then MY parents come in the same day.  They are only around till Saturday, but they want to stay on the strip and do their own thing - so that should be a little better, but I will be glad when everyone is gone, to be honest.

2014-08-04 1:43 PM

User image

Sensei
Sin City

Anyone else think the blogging thing is a bit finicky?  All sorts of weird things happen.  Sometimes a blog window won't open, or it does and I write stuff then click and click on the save button and it does nothing.  I'm constantly reloading my log page just to get things to take.  Sort of like I have to load a workout, then reload the whole page, write a blog, reload, edit, reload, add another workout, reload...  If I don't reload, then the next thing I try to do tends to fail. 

2014-08-04 1:51 PM

User image

Elite
Cleveland

Sooooo sleeepy today.

Super huge training day yesterday has me just about feeling like a zombeh today.

Despite the training stuff, I actually got to do some "fun" stuff yesterday.  We're getting Eliza's house ready to sell, and dealing with point-of-sale inspection violations from the city, so I spent a good part of the morning re-wiring outlets, hanging a gutter, and fixing a few downspouts.

Getting to watch 90 seconds or so of NFL football before heading out for my run last night was icing on the cake.

IT'S FOOTBALL SEASON!!

2014-08-04 1:52 PM

User image

Champion
the alamo city, Texas

Anyone else think the blogging thing is a bit finicky?  All sorts of weird things happen.  Sometimes a blog window won't open, or it does and I write stuff then click and click on the save button and it does nothing.  I'm constantly reloading my log page just to get things to take.  Sort of like I have to load a workout, then reload the whole page, write a blog, reload, edit, reload, add another workout, reload...  If I don't reload, then the next thing I try to do tends to fail. 

i really never have issues with it - but artemis always complains about it too.  i always use google chrome and use it on a computer (not a tablet), wonder if one of those is an issue?  maybe you have add-ins installed that the site doesn't like?

2014-08-04 1:54 PM

User image

Champion
the alamo city, Texas

Getting to watch 90 seconds or so of NFL football before heading out for my run last night was icing on the cake.

IT'S FOOTBALL SEASON!!

OH MY GOD REAL AMERICAN FOOTBALL!  i was so happy to see the game last night

New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » NewTAN's Third Law of Motion Rss Feed  

of 60

RELATED POSTS

Wii help needed: Want to kill, but get motion sickness

Started by AcesFull
Views: 1692 Posts: 10

2009-01-05 10:42 AM TriRSquared

I'll make a motion...

Started by Sharkie
Views: 2210 Posts: 20

2008-12-11 10:50 AM JoshKaptur

Motion Sickness

Started by soloryder
Views: 1916 Posts: 13

2008-06-20 1:15 PM erin116

Motion Sensors?

Started by steveseer
Views: 2249 Posts: 14

2008-06-03 10:26 PM tech_geezer

can you pass the third grade? Pages: 1 2

Started by gabejd09
Views: 3965 Posts: 33

2004-10-04 2:23 PM Whit
RELATED ARTICLES
date : February 6, 2012
author : AMSSM
comments : 0
How to regain enough range of motion to swim freestyle after a shoulder injury or surgery

date : May 11, 2009
author : FitWerx
Motion capture technology with 2D and 3D analysis offers some powerful benefits compared to just a standard bike fit.
date : May 20, 2008
author : Tri Swim Coach
So tell me why I want to bother swimming the other strokes? I'm IM training, and plan to swim freestyle for the entire race, is there an advantage to working on the other strokes?

date : March 6, 2007
author : AMSSM
If one muscle has restrictions it can limit the range of motion on the connecting joint and have a domino effect as that tension and restriction is carried down the chain.
date : July 4, 2006
author : KevinKonczak
While most do not think about the actual vector breakdown involved in the cycling stroke and where the power is applied in detail, when you finally do think about it, things become clearer.

date : September 4, 2004
author : Gareth
Flexibility, muscle imbalances relating to range of motion and how it affects your swimming technique.
date : September 2, 2004
author : Michael
I was able to spend one Saturday morning in the store conducting this interview and I learned a good bit of information about shoes and proper fitting.

date : September 2, 2004
author : chrisandniki
To avoid a myriad of injuries (joint pain to your knees, ankles, hips, shin splints, foot pain, bruises), it’s invaluable to find the right running shoes.