BT Development Mentor Program Archives » JuniperJen's Keeping It Consistent Group - FULL Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 35

2011-01-21 9:53 PM
in reply to: #3257308

User image

Champion
Calgary
Subject: RE: JuniperJen's Keeping It Consistent Group - FULL
I post to share with everyone that I have eaten too much Thai food. mmmmmm.

And to keep us from falling to page 2.

2011-01-22 6:45 AM

User image

Veteran
South Shore, MA
I took the day off yesterday due to the snowstorm.  And last night, our household was hit with a stomach bug, yuck.  Looks like today will be a rest day, too.  Hopefully this is just a 24 hour illness!
2011-01-22 7:36 AM
in reply to: #3314867

User image

Pro
Houston
kpringle - 2011-01-22 6:45 AM I took the day off yesterday due to the snowstorm.  And last night, our household was hit with a stomach bug, yuck.  Looks like today will be a rest day, too.  Hopefully this is just a 24 hour illness!

Oh no!  Stomach bugs are the worst!  I hope it is gone quickly and definitely give yourself time to recover.

Today I am going to Girls on the Run training on my way to becoming a coach for young girls interested in running.  Looking forward to it but also hoping at least some of the instruction is inside.  Not crazy cold but in the 30s right now.  High today was supposed to be 61 and now they are saying 59.  At least it's going to be sunny.
2011-01-22 11:23 AM

User image

Expert
Canada
Well, another spin class this morning.  Week is going according to plan.  Spin tomorrow & ten to plan another week!

Hope everyone is having a good weekend! 
2011-01-22 11:24 AM
in reply to: #3314867

User image

Expert
Canada
kpringle - 2011-01-22 8:45 AM I took the day off yesterday due to the snowstorm.  And last night, our household was hit with a stomach bug, yuck.  Looks like today will be a rest day, too.  Hopefully this is just a 24 hour illness!

Hopefully it is short-lived!!!! 
2011-01-22 9:08 PM
in reply to: #3314910

User image

Veteran
KeriKadi - 2011-01-22 7:36 AM
kpringle - 2011-01-22 6:45 AM I took the day off yesterday due to the snowstorm.  And last night, our household was hit with a stomach bug, yuck.  Looks like today will be a rest day, too.  Hopefully this is just a 24 hour illness!

Oh no!  Stomach bugs are the worst!  I hope it is gone quickly and definitely give yourself time to recover.

Today I am going to Girls on the Run training on my way to becoming a coach for young girls interested in running.  Looking forward to it but also hoping at least some of the instruction is inside.  Not crazy cold but in the 30s right now.  High today was supposed to be 61 and now they are saying 59.  At least it's going to be sunny.

Keri-I am a GOTR coach too!  I love the program and have been doing it for the last 3 years.  It is awesome!  You are going to love it!

Life got busy and kept me from working out today but still planning on doing my 3.5 miles tomorrow!

2011-01-23 4:49 AM

User image

Expert
Canada
Well, I up, early, having coffee, prior to Sunday morning spin class.

My run-less month is treating me well.  I had forgot how much  like cycling.  I like the ache in my legs.  The cramp I get in my calves, that I don't get running.  I think I've dropped a pound or two this month, despite my indiscretions over the holidays.

So the question...

Which is your favourite of the 3 sports?  and why?

I would have said the run, but now, my interest in cycling has been re-kindled.

What about you?

Let's have some audience participationWink

2011-01-23 9:39 AM
in reply to: #3315969

User image

Memphis
GoGoGo - 2011-01-23 4:49 AM Well, I up, early, having coffee, prior to Sunday morning spin class.

My run-less month is treating me well.  I had forgot how much  like cycling.  I like the ache in my legs.  The cramp I get in my calves, that I don't get running.  I think I've dropped a pound or two this month, despite my indiscretions over the holidays.

So the question...

What about you?

good morning!! Day off yesterday, due to crazy schedule and gym closing at 5pm (ice on the roads, no bike for me!). Knee started acting up yesterday, seems better with ice. Will swim today and do the bike Monday. Have a VERY full schedule this upcoming week - a little concerned about getting the workouts in, but we'll see how it pans out.

Three sports - DEFINITELY SWIM. The only one I feel moderately successful at Going to ask hubby to video me today, see what my stroke is doing.

Have a great Sunday, everyone!
2011-01-23 10:00 AM

User image

Expert
Canada
Just got back from another Spin class.  50 minutes turned inti 80!

Feelin' groovy 

Cool 
2011-01-23 11:47 AM
in reply to: #3315796

User image

Pro
Houston
debbiereid06 - 2011-01-22 9:08 PM

Keri-I am a GOTR coach too!  I love the program and have been doing it for the last 3 years.  It is awesome!  You are going to love it!

Life got busy and kept me from working out today but still planning on doing my 3.5 miles tomorrow!

That is so cool Debbie!  I am super excited!  I still need to get my CPR trianing done but that is happening in 2 weeks.  I also need to get some girls signed up.  I am creating a homeschool group that will be at 2pm.  My oldest daughter is 8 so she will be a member, my middle  daughter is 7 so she will be a tag along this year, real member next year.  My only concern is getting enough girls this first session.

Unfortunately, after training I was hit with a migraine so I didn't get any training in yesterday so I missed a run.  There is a bike on the schedule today but I just don't have time to get it in so I'm going to do yesterdays run instead.  But right now it is Girl Scout cookie time!!!  Today is our last day so if anybody is interested, drop me a note :D  We will ship!
2011-01-23 11:50 AM

User image

Pro
Houston
GoGoGo - 2011-01-23 4:49 AM So the question...

What about you?

I always say swimming is my favorite because it is the only time I am not in pain.
I've been fighting with the bike since the beginning.  Went through several seats, went from road bike to tri bike, new fit, another new seat, a new crank and still just cannot get comfortable. Forget comfortable, I'd settle for not being in pain after 20 miles.
The run is coming along but it seems just when I start to enjoy it and see some gains I end up with an injury.
Compared to my a/g I am MOP in swimming, BOP biking and running so I think swimming will remain my favorite until I get faster and/or more comfortable.

2011-01-23 12:39 PM
in reply to: #3316305

User image

Champion
Calgary
KeriKadi - 2011-01-23 10:47 AM

debbiereid06 - 2011-01-22 9:08 PM

That is so cool Debbie!  I am super excited!  I still need to get my CPR trianing done but that is happening in 2 weeks.  I also need to get some girls signed up.  I am creating a homeschool group that will be at 2pm.  My oldest daughter is 8 so she will be a member, my middle  daughter is 7 so she will be a tag along this year, real member next year.  My only concern is getting enough girls this first session.

Unfortunately, after training I was hit with a migraine so I didn't get any training in yesterday so I missed a run.  There is a bike on the schedule today but I just don't have time to get it in so I'm going to do yesterdays run instead.  But right now it is Girl Scout cookie time!!!  Today is our last day so if anybody is interested, drop me a note :D  We will ship!

That is so cool that you are both coaches. That is really awesome.
2011-01-23 12:42 PM

User image

Champion
Calgary
GoGoGo - 2011-01-23 3:49 AM

Well, I up, early, having coffee, prior to Sunday morning spin class.

So the question...

What about you?

I used to love the cycling portion because I was so terrified during the swim and hurt during the run that it was the best of the worse so to speak. Also, cycling was the easiest to train.

I used to despise running. Now I love it. Oh how the world turns.
2011-01-23 12:43 PM

User image

Champion
Calgary
Finally up for an early morning run. Out the door by 6:20, good stuff.
2011-01-23 1:39 PM

User image

Veteran
I think if I had to pick a favorite I would say swim.  I love to swim and was on the swim team in high school.  It is such a great workout. 

Got my workout in earlier today so I can sit and watch the BEARS game!

Go Bears Go!!!!
2011-01-23 6:35 PM

User image

Veteran
South Shore, MA
GoGoGo - 2011-01-23 5:49 AM Well, I up, early, having coffee, prior to Sunday morning spin class.

So the question...

What about you?

Oh Debbie, I'm sorry about the Bears!  I watched the end of the game on my treadmill at the gym

I think my favorite sport is swimming, then running, then cycling?  Such a hard question for me to answer b/c I like all 3 sports, but don't LOVE any one of them.  Maybe this will change as I get further into my training.

We are finally a healthy household again!  It felt so good to workout this afternoon after 2 days of rest.

2011-01-24 4:34 AM

User image

Expert
Canada
Wow, lot of swimmers!!Surprised

That is definitely my worst & least favourite.  Probably because, it just happens to be my worst.

I envy you all...
2011-01-24 8:05 AM

User image

Champion
Calgary
The one that I am most scared of in a race is the bike though. I live in fear of a tire puncture or other technical difficulty.

I did have a tire puncture in one race and it was fine though. So I should not be so paranoid.
2011-01-24 8:32 AM

User image

Pro
Houston
50 and rainy here today.  Hoping the rain eases up this afternoon so I can run and not freeze.
What is the weather like in your neck of the woods?
2011-01-24 8:42 AM

User image

Master
Toronto
Bronze member
Hi guys,

sorry I was MIA this weekend - family time!  Anyway, I had a nice weekend. A very cold run and took my mom to see the Tim Burton exhibit from the MOMA (visiting Toronto until April).

Glad to see conversations were still carrying on. I confess I am not very awake this morning and i'll catch.

Don't forget to post up your plans for this week and give a post mortem for last week - what went well/what didn't go so well.

2011-01-24 8:43 AM

User image

Master
Toronto
Bronze member
Good question, Richard.  For me it's the run. Definitely the run. I just have the most experience and improvement in it.  I am hoping with my swim group that i'll learn a lot about the swim

Keri: it's FREEZING here ... gah! It's wickedly cold and snowing right now to add insult ... anyway, I won't complain. I know where I live. hahaha. But really, this is Alberta cold! (poke -poke - to Darren and Julie!)

2011-01-24 9:24 AM
in reply to: #3317698

User image

Champion
Calgary
juniperjen - 2011-01-24 7:43 AM

Good question, Richard.  For me it's the run. Definitely the run. I just have the most experience and improvement in it.  I am hoping with my swim group that i'll learn a lot about the swim

Keri: it's FREEZING here ... gah! It's wickedly cold and snowing right now to add insult ... anyway, I won't complain. I know where I live. hahaha. But really, this is Alberta cold! (poke -poke - to Darren and Julie!)

Ha, Alberta is warm this week. Or at least Calgary is.
2011-01-24 9:30 AM

User image

Veteran
So sad about the Bears, but they really didn't show up to the game and played with a 3rd string QB so I guess for that they played okay.  Oh well!  It is just football

Last week went pretty good for me.  I missed Saturday's workout because life got in the way, but things happen.  I am hoping to get all 5 workouts in this week!

M-rest
T-2.5 miles
W-cross train
R-rest
F-2.5 miles
S-spin
S-4 miles

Darren-I am most scared of the bike as well.  Probably because I don't own one and am not comfortable like I am running and swimming.  I like my feet on the ground Wink

The weather here in STL has been miserable.  We have freezing drizzle today and have had a lot of snow for STL!  I don't mind, but it is just messy.  The temps have been below freezing and I don't like it!  Spring cannot come soon enough!  I am thinking spring today b/c I am getting ready to buy Jimmy Buffett tickets this morning!
2011-01-24 10:14 AM

User image

Master
Toronto
Bronze member
Here's my plan for the week

Mon: Swim, bike
Tues: Hilly run
Wed: Bike
Thurs: Tempo run, swim group
Fri: swim, yoga
Sat: long run (between 24-28k)
Sun: bike

I have to check the weekend. I know the run is right. I really need to figure out how to fit in yoga. I really love it but I especially like going to classes. Anywho, i hope to get some yoga in this week!

Last week was okay, I did a really good job at the beginning of the week and all said and done even though i missed the yoga and a bike I am still hitting the key workouts.  I have not be so hard on myself!
2011-01-24 12:57 PM
in reply to: #3317940

User image

Veteran
South Shore, MA
It's FREEZING in Boston today!  High of 10 degrees, feels like 20-25 below zero with wind chill!!  Houston weather sounds like heaven to me right now, even with the rain!

My plan for this week:
M - swim (30 mins)
Tu - run in PM (optional)
W - swim (30 mins)
Th - spin class (1 hour)
F - run (40 mins)
Sa - masters swim
Su - spin class (1 hour)

I feel okay about last week's workouts, even with the 2 days off due to illness.  Ended on a high note, with a nice run on treadmill yesterday afternoon!
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » JuniperJen's Keeping It Consistent Group - FULL Rss Feed  

of 35