BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Beth and Yanti's Manatees Mentor Group--FULL! Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 47

2008-05-11 8:21 PM
in reply to: #1361748

User image

TinkerBeth
Liverpool, New York
Subject: RE: Beth and Yanti's Manatees Mentor Group--FULL!

Yikes, this is not working out like I wanted it to!

I was  trying to paste the html for the group so anyone that was having trouble with just copying and pasting the table could grab it

Edited by lastcall2003 2008-05-11 8:23 PM

2008-05-11 8:33 PM
in reply to: #1395355

User image

Master
Suwanee, Ga.
lastcall2003 - 2008-05-11 9:21 PM

I was  trying to paste the html for the group so anyone that was having trouble with just copying and pasting the table could grab it

You...the High Priestess of HTML is having trouble????   

2008-05-11 9:49 PM

User image

Pro
Sous Mon Diadème

OK... I have not fallen off the face of the Earth... I'm just busy... again. 

Lets see:

I opened up new club #1.  It was hugely successful except for the part where I was teaching the grand opening cycle class yesterday and a transformer caught on fire and now the club is closed.  This is a minor detail. DOH!!!!!!!!!!!!  FWIW, I continued teaching sans mic/music and just told my stupid stories.  The members didn't want to leave when they came to fetch us.  I told the ops guy we were in Zone 4 and needed a lil' time before evacuating.  He looked at me like I had three heads but chose not to argue.  Smart man.

Training of instructors for new club #2 starts Thursday and continues through until Sunday.  In my free time next weekend, I'll be attending all of Exhibit A's dance recitals.  Yup, all 5 of them.

The good news is, I've been getting the training in.  Bad news is I've been MIA on BT quite a bit and am behind on inspires and RR reading, but I did catch up on the thread.  I have my priorities, you know .

As for my goals:  Doing find on symptoms/meds/food stuff.  Sleeping has been OK but not great... but the not great nights have been beyond my control.  One night it was a 2 year old with nightmares about green dragons and 'cary mon-ters and another it was the dog barking at a chipmunk who apparently was threatening the homestead at 5 a.m.  .

2008-05-11 10:40 PM

User image

Expert
I'm a Tennessee girl living in SoCal.
I hope all of the Manatee moms had a great Mother's Day today!

Sorry I've been kind of quiet the past few days, too. I don't really have a good excuse reason other than being a bit down in the dumps. Due to some issues from my childhood, I don't have much of a relationship with my family, and Mother's Day has just been a reminder of that. The person that I was closest to was my paternal grandmother and she passed away almost 5 years ago.

Anyway, I sent both mom and my sister a dozen roses each that were delivered on Thursday, but hadn't heard a peep out of either one of them. I finally broke down and called mom today and her only response was, "I meant to call yesterday (already 2 days after the flowers were delivered), but it was storming and then I forgot." How does one forget when there is a dozen roses sitting on the table?! Sometimes I wonder why I still even bother anymore.

So, that's kind of where my head has been the past 72 hours. On the upside, I haven't emotionally eaten over it (I'm notorious for that), and I've even gotten in some workout time. I should have gotten in a run today, but I just didn't get it done. I'll try and get one in tomorrow instead. This will be my last somewhat unstructured training week since my Sprint training plan starts next Sunday.

Hope everyone has a great week!
2008-05-11 10:49 PM
in reply to: #1395552

Regular

BunnyB - 2008-05-11 11:40 PM I hope all of the Manatee moms had a great Mother's Day today! Sorry I've been kind of quiet the past few days, too. I don't really have a good excuse reason other than being a bit down in the dumps. Due to some issues from my childhood, I don't have much of a relationship with my family, and Mother's Day has just been a reminder of that. The person that I was closest to was my paternal grandmother and she passed away almost 5 years ago. Anyway, I sent both mom and my sister a dozen roses each that were delivered on Thursday, but hadn't heard a peep out of either one of them. I finally broke down and called mom today and her only response was, "I meant to call yesterday (already 2 days after the flowers were delivered), but it was storming and then I forgot." How does one forget when there is a dozen roses sitting on the table?! Sometimes I wonder why I still even bother anymore. So, that's kind of where my head has been the past 72 hours. On the upside, I haven't emotionally eaten over it (I'm notorious for that), and I've even gotten in some workout time. I should have gotten in a run today, but I just didn't get it done. I'll try and get one in tomorrow instead. This will be my last somewhat unstructured training week since my Sprint training plan starts next Sunday. Hope everyone has a great week!

I'm so sorry Melissa.  Family drama sucks!!  I am so proud of you for putting forth such an effort.  Shame on them for not recognizing it right away!

I officially graduated this weekend!! The whole fam and the in-laws went up to TN to attend my graduation.  We had a GREAT time!  I feel SO free now!  We then drove to GA to celebrate my BIL's graduation from UGA (undergrad).  They had a huge graduation pig roast for both of us Saturday night.  We ate and drank WAY too much....it was GREAT!!!

2008-05-11 11:20 PM

Master
Houston

My training goals went down the tube with the weekend.  It looks like travel isn't going to be such a huge hurdle, it's the weekends!  I will have to rework the schedule to make this easier somehow.  Saturday is hubby day and that usually means all day fishing adventures making training a real challenge.  Sundays should be ok if I don't have to travel that day. 

Happy Mother's day ladies, late!  I lost my mom 2 1/2 years ago and I miss her terribly.  It was extra poignant today as I drove through Corsicana TX on my way to Ft. Worth, it's her birthplace.  Funny how things like that can really touch you.

So, Monday is just around the corner, train well and have a great day Manatees!!!

2008-05-11 11:24 PM
in reply to: #1395552

User image

Melon Presser

Bunny love,

I suspect we have far more in common than we both initially imagined, but probably now both suspect.

The gift is in the giver. It is truly a crying shame that your sister and mother didn't acknowledge your flowers. But they are in a state of being where they are thoughtless creatures--what a sad way to live. What you have, on the other hand, is a practiced, active spirit of generosity that no denial (yours or anyone else's) can ever take away. You get to live a life--because YOU actively create it--which blooms every day, which grows, which spills its beauty into the lives of many others, and is thus multiplied. I am one of those others, and it brings tears to my eyes to walk alongside you during this period of your transformation.

2008-05-11 11:27 PM
in reply to: #1395563

User image

Melon Presser

Laura,

ldatug - 2008-05-12 12:49 AM

I officially graduated this weekend!! The whole fam and the in-laws went up to TN to attend my graduation.  We had a GREAT time!  I feel SO free now!  We then drove to GA to celebrate my BIL's graduation from UGA (undergrad).  They had a huge graduation pig roast for both of us Saturday night.  We ate and drank WAY too much....it was GREAT!!!

A pig roast! You really are in the South!!! (Or in Hawaii, or the New Guinea Highlands ...)

CONGRATULATIONS on your official graduation! It sounds like it was a wonderful weekend replete with celebrations and Mother's Day, too.

2008-05-11 11:43 PM
in reply to: #1395606

User image

Melon Presser

Jeanette,

Nette213 - 2008-05-12 1:20 AM

Happy Mother's day ladies, late!  I lost my mom 2 1/2 years ago and I miss her terribly.  It was extra poignant today as I drove through Corsicana TX on my way to Ft. Worth, it's her birthplace.  Funny how things like that can really touch you.

So, Monday is just around the corner, train well and have a great day Manatees!!!

Glad you had a lovely remembrance of her. I'm so sorry ... 2 1/2 years isn't very long at all, and I imagine you'll always miss her. If you are anything like her, then she certainly was a beautiful and kind lady!!!

Edited by TriAya 2008-05-11 11:44 PM
2008-05-11 11:54 PM
in reply to: #1395486

User image

Melon Presser

Mila,

In the highs and lows and that all-encompassing mundane middle area of life, you are always a font of cheer.

What you did with that class was awesome!!! In the end, as you know and do so well, it's about the experience ... in a regular class, the clients won't remember the playlist or movements exactly, but they absolutely remember how they felt and what they accomplished. Rock on!!!

I don't know how you manage it all, but it looks like you have lived hugely and wonderfully--so much so that you're behind on BT. Now THAT is doing life right!!!

2008-05-12 1:42 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran

Thanks for the inspires fellow manatees - I hope everyone had a good weekend and a good Mother's Day too.   I start a a new/old job tomorrow -

I've got to go to bed but I wanted to stop in and see what everyone was up to...you guys are a busy, chatty but happy bunch.  I do like coming and checking in when I can.  I hope everyone has a good week.

2008-05-12 6:53 AM
in reply to: #1395371

User image

TinkerBeth
Liverpool, New York
Reno8 - 2008-05-11 8:33 PM
lastcall2003 - 2008-05-11 9:21 PM

I was trying to paste the html for the group so anyone that was having trouble with just copying and pasting the table could grab it

You...the High Priestess of HTML is having trouble????

LOL

Dee would be the high priestess of HTML - I've made some very strange things happen in threads when I attempt it  

2008-05-12 10:42 AM

User image

Master
Pacific Northwest

I am having a rough morning and am full of angst and blaming my family for lack of motivation/time/energy/sleep.  I know, I am not supposed to. But it was them, each of them twice, between the hours of midnight and 6 AM, that woke me up.  Crying, snoring, whining, pushing, shoving, snoring.....oh, it was brutal.  So today I am riding the full distance around Lake Washington, which is around 55 or 60 miles, and I am wiped out.  My plan is to focus on hydration and nutrition this morning since we aren't leaving until 1, and then go on adrenaline and muscle from there. 

I haven't been on here much, will try to catch up on logs this evening if I can.

2008-05-12 10:59 AM
in reply to: #1396407

User image

Master
Suwanee, Ga.

Sorry for your rough start today Leslie.  Hope the nice long ride helps bring some peace back to you.  I know it usually does for me and it sounds like it is a beautiful place to ride.  I at least hope you had a nice Mothers day with the snoring, whining, shoving, pushing and crying group at your house.

Have a great ride.

Steve

2008-05-12 11:42 AM

User image

Expert

Hello fellow Manatees! I hope everyone had a good weekend and all you Mother's had a good celebratory day. I was super busy this weekend and didn't have time to jump on.

I know that Yanti and Dolores raced this weekend, so I need to check out there her RR's. Did anybody else?

Positive Thought of the Day: I did a full week of training last week. That is the first time in a few months. My body feels pretty good and I'm hoping to continue this momentum!

I hope to make the rounds today and check in with everyone! Enjoy your day.

Edited by elheffe99 2008-05-12 12:11 PM
2008-05-12 1:30 PM

User image

Expert
I'm a Tennessee girl living in SoCal.
Thanks for the kind words re the situation with my family. I really just needed to vent big time when I wrote that last night. I have no idea why I set myself up for feeling like that. My family has a long track record of little communication, but I guess the eternal optimist in me always hopes this [insert occasion of choice] will be different.

Yanti - I have a feeling you're right.

2008-05-12 3:53 PM
in reply to: #1395610

User image

Expert
Berkeley, Calif.
Hi, gang! I hope everyone -- mothers and daughters and sons and everyone else -- had a fabulous weekend. I had a crazy-busy weekend, but it was fun. Highlights included: meeting my first BTer, LJR, who is awesome and super nice; taking my friend Shizu out for her first OWS in a wetsuit; salsa dancing Saturday night! Sadly, I had to work all day Sunday, which is never fun, but even less fun with a hangover.

OK, now a run question. I'm doing four runs a week, training for a half mary on May 31, and also training for a sprint tri on June 14. I do at least one of those four runs each week with a friend who runs a bit slower than me -- probably about a minute-per-mile slower (roughly 9-minute miles vs. 10-minute miles). Is there anything wrong with running at a slower pace once a week? What if I do it twice a week? At this point I think it's fine, but my friend feels bad, like she's slowing me down, and I want to reassure her.
2008-05-12 4:10 PM
in reply to: #1397494

User image

Melon Presser

Fielding - 2008-05-12 5:53 PM OK, now a run question. I'm doing four runs a week, training for a half mary on May 31, and also training for a sprint tri on June 14. I do at least one of those four runs each week with a friend who runs a bit slower than me -- probably about a minute-per-mile slower (roughly 9-minute miles vs. 10-minute miles). Is there anything wrong with running at a slower pace once a week? What if I do it twice a week? At this point I think it's fine, but my friend feels bad, like she's slowing me down, and I want to reassure her.

It is perfectly fine to run that way with your friend as long as you are not doing it in the morning .

Nope, nuttin' wrong with it at all, even twice a week. The fact that you're getting base mileage in is much more important than a minute or even two. That said, if you're gonna pick WHICH runs you ought to do that with, it should be your longer runs. But it won't kill you to do it with shorter runs, either.

Of four runs, one (obv. not one you do with her) ought to be a tempo run, where you run slightly faster than your half-mary goal pace and keep it even throughout the run. That will train your legs well for the sense of timing you will need. It's probably in your training plan, if you're following a run-focused plan or a running plan ...

2008-05-12 4:27 PM
in reply to: #1397545

User image

Expert
Berkeley, Calif.
TriAya - 2008-05-12 2:10 PM

It is perfectly fine to run that way with your friend as long as you are not doing it in the morning .

Funny you should say that...I'd been planning to do an early run this morning but then my friend called last night and asked if I wanted to run today after work. Oh my God, you've totally bought her! And now you're trying to tell me I should run even more with her! You are evil!

Nope, nuttin' wrong with it at all, even twice a week. The fact that you're getting base mileage in is much more important than a minute or even two. That said, if you're gonna pick WHICH runs you ought to do that with, it should be your longer runs. But it won't kill you to do it with shorter runs, either.

Of four runs, one (obv. not one you do with her) ought to be a tempo run, where you run slightly faster than your half-mary goal pace and keep it even throughout the run. That will train your legs well for the sense of timing you will need. It's probably in your training plan, if you're following a run-focused plan or a running plan ...

Thank you! That's interesting about making the long runs the slow ones, although I guess I should've known that (I mean, I know what an LSD run is, after all). I don't think my friend's ready for 8/9/10-mile runs just yet, but perhaps I should be slowing down just a little on my long runs. And I'm glad you mentioned tempo runs. I'm doing a novice plan and as far as I recall it didn't mention doing any tempo runs, but I'll have to go back and check. Usually I end up doing one fast run a week anyway, because that's what my body just wants to do, but it's not something I plan. I'll start doing that this week!
2008-05-12 8:30 PM

User image

Master
Victoria BC

Hey everyone.   My mood has changed somewhat going to try and do some training tomorrow and not go into work.  I am off after that anyway on my 5 days of consecutive golf.  I am in two 2 day tourneys and a warm up day so I am happy about that.   Just need to get my mental focus up and with golf that should help in my training as well.  So yeah decided to take tomorrow off early go to the gym and work out with my gf and have a nice lunch with ehr as I am leaving her with the 5 kids for wed-fri.  Then I play 2 days in town here.

So I hope everyone else is stoked about hte upcoming week it has been a long time since I have been. 

2008-05-12 8:34 PM
in reply to: #1398039

User image

TinkerBeth
Liverpool, New York
ShawnC13 - 2008-05-12 8:30 PM

Hey everyone. My mood has changed somewhat going to try and do some training tomorrow and not go into work. I am off after that anyway on my 5 days of consecutive golf. I am in two 2 day tourneys and a warm up day so I am happy about that. Just need to get my mental focus up and with golf that should help in my training as well. So yeah decided to take tomorrow off early go to the gym and work out with my gf and have a nice lunch with ehr as I am leaving her with the 5 kids for wed-fri. Then I play 2 days in town here.

So I hope everyone else is stoked about hte upcoming week it has been a long time since I have been.

Hi Shawn

Glad to hear that your spirits are lifting!  Sounds like you have a nice day planned for tomorrow and a wonderful 5 days of golf.  Enjoy the tourney and be sure to let us know how it goes  

2008-05-12 9:12 PM

User image

Master
Pacific Northwest
Wow, 5 days of golf!  Sounds fun.  My day ended up better than it began...my Garmin arrived although wasn't charged in time to use it on my ride.  I managed to ride the full Lake Washington route-it was 49 miles, took 3 hr 12 min with lots of hills.  Felt great except the last 8-ish miles I was feeling it.  If you've never been to Seattle, Lake WA is pretty much the center of everything....our route took us from the UW, to Kenmore, Juanita, Kirkland, Bellevue, Factoria, Newcastle, Renton, Seward Park, and back to UW. There are two freeways that cross this lake, it isn't small!  I am very proud of me and not feeling too bad now that I have had my cappucino.  This is by far my longest ride in my entire life!  Yay!  I am wondering how my long run will feel in the morning.  I may change it to a shorter run since the weekend will be full of running.  Anyway, I am babbling and need a shower.  Hope everyone is having a lovely start to their week.  Thanks for listening to me!
2008-05-12 9:19 PM
in reply to: #1398148

User image

TinkerBeth
Liverpool, New York

Medusa_Ann - 2008-05-12 9:12 PM Wow, 5 days of golf! Sounds fun. My day ended up better than it began...my Garmin arrived although wasn't charged in time to use it on my ride. I managed to ride the full Lake Washington route-it was 49 miles, took 3 hr 12 min with lots of hills. Felt great except the last 8-ish miles I was feeling it. If you've never been to Seattle, Lake WA is pretty much the center of everything....our route took us from the UW, to Kenmore, Juanita, Kirkland, Bellevue, Factoria, Newcastle, Renton, Seward Park, and back to UW. There are two freeways that cross this lake, it isn't small! I am very proud of me and not feeling too bad now that I have had my cappucino. This is by far my longest ride in my entire life! Yay! I am wondering how my long run will feel in the morning. I may change it to a shorter run since the weekend will be full of running. Anyway, I am babbling and need a shower. Hope everyone is having a lovely start to their week. Thanks for listening to me!

glad to hear your day ended better than it started!  WTG on your longest ride - you ROCK!

and are you kidding, we love listening to you! 

2008-05-12 9:21 PM

User image

TinkerBeth
Liverpool, New York

so, after a bit of struggling on Sunday, I completed my longest run this year - I even ran over this lovely river on this lovely bridge -

See that narrow pathway on the left, yep, that's where I was - looking down on the Delaware River, thinking - OMG, is this really my life? Cool

2008-05-13 12:45 AM
in reply to: #1398179

User image

Master
Pacific Northwest
lastcall2003 - 2008-05-12 7:21 PM

so, after a bit of struggling on Sunday, I completed my longest run this year - I even ran over this lovely river on this lovely bridge -

See that narrow pathway on the left, yep, that's where I was - looking down on the Delaware River, thinking - OMG, is this really my life? Cool

Congrats, Beth!  what a lovely looking place to run!  Lovely really is the word!!  How great to be hitting the running groove so early in the season!  Woowoo!!!!!!!!!!!

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Beth and Yanti's Manatees Mentor Group--FULL! Rss Feed  

of 47