BT Development Mentor Program Archives » SWBKRUN- Miles and Miles ahead!!!! CLOSED Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 230

2010-03-24 8:02 AM
in reply to: #2555972

User image

Subject: RE: SWBKRUN- Miles and Miles ahead!!!! CLOSED
Not to stir the pot, but we are one month away from Lonestar and I really don't see alot of smack talk going on.
I thought there would be plenty by now.  Did I miss it?  Kiss

2010-03-24 8:04 AM
in reply to: #2744456

User image

AF_SGT - 2010-03-24 6:11 AM
SSMinnow - 2010-03-23 8:03 PM I am out the door at the crack of stupid tomorrow so have to ask the big question....WHO IS DOING A TRIATHLON THIS WEEKEND, maybe a HIM?  A ROAD RACE?   EXCITED OR FREAKING OUT??? DETAILS PLEASE!

I shudder to do this, but thought I would leave the slacker question up to John....oh John, what is the question of the week?  I will be radio silent until the pm, but don't let me down...I want lots to catch up on!

Knoxville Covenant Heath Half Marathon-Sunday 0730.  I'm a little nervous, I know I'll finish, but I am still worried about going to fast early and blowing up.  It is going to take a concious effort to maintain a slower pace in the beginning.  I am still recovering from a couple of workouts from last week, and with several days until the race, I expect my legs to feel strong by then. 

I hope everyone has a great week and you all achieve your traning and race goals!

Good luck.  Determine your pace and  stick to it...probably the toughest part. 
But most of all Have fun out there 
2010-03-24 8:08 AM
in reply to: #2744324

User image

kt65 - 2010-03-24 12:02 AM

Kick A$$ this weekend Kim.  Your workouts are solid...you are there.

That's my old neck of the woods....have fun! 
2010-03-24 8:15 AM
in reply to: #2744683

User image

Elite
Calgary,AB,Canada
Havin'Fun - 2010-03-24 7:02 AM Not to stir the pot, but we are one month away from Lonestar and I really don't see alot of smack talk going on.

Yes you missed it. Its over. My more smack talk. We all believe in each others abilities. It will be fun. It doesnt matter who finishes ahead of who.
Wait, no that seems so wrong.

Let me try this smack talk thing.....BRING IT Fatty. And you 2 .Ya you. The couple from Virginia. No hanging on each others wheels. Bring it baldy. Hows the ben& jerrys Sam? Roni/gary whats up? What you got? You ready for some pain? Andy-?? buehler..buehler...hello,hello is this thing on. Trina - welcome to the world of tri's.
Suzy- I got nothing - I'm scared of you.
2010-03-24 8:16 AM
in reply to: #2744683

User image

Champion
marietta
Havin'Fun - 2010-03-24 8:02 AM Not to stir the pot, but we are one month away from Lonestar and I really don't see alot of smack talk going on.

no. you didn't miss it it.  unfortunately the my competition hasn't shown much over the past few months.  i'll probably just ride a unicycle to keep it interesting.
2010-03-24 8:29 AM
in reply to: #2744708

User image

Extreme Veteran
Havin'Fun - 2010-03-24 9:08 AM
kt65 - 2010-03-24 12:02 AM

Kick A$$ this weekend Kim.  Your workouts are solid...you are there.

That's my old neck of the woods....have fun! 

Good luck, Kim.  (I am impressed with the early season HIM.)

And good luck all the other racers.  Have fun out there.

2010-03-24 8:33 AM

User image

Elite
Raleigh
Good luck to Kim, Sarge and everyone racing this weekend.

I am starting to feel normal today and have a wim and a bike for later in the day.

I have decided to refocus on getting my weight down again. My A race is Augusta in late September so that is the goal date. I hope to reach 189 lbs. by then. I have sprints and then olympics between now and then, the first being 4/18. So my posts may be (hopefully) updates on how the weight loss is going.

Doug
2010-03-24 8:34 AM
in reply to: #2744283

User image

Elite
san francisco
fattyfatfat - 2010-03-23 8:06 PM
SSMinnow - 2010-03-23 9:03 PM I am out the door at the crack of stupid tomorrow so have to ask the big question....WHO IS DOING A TRIATHLON THIS WEEKEND, maybe a HIM?  A ROAD RACE?   EXCITED OR FREAKING OUT??? DETAILS PLEASE!

I shudder to do this, but thought I would leave the slacker question up to John....oh John, what is the question of the week?  I will be radio silent until the pm, but don't let me down...I want lots to catch up on!

GOOD LUCK RACERS!!!!   we got a big one out on the left coast this weekend!!!  no race for me. 

question huh? put me on the spot and i can't perform....   since we're starting to come up on the first triathlons of the season, how are ya'll feeling training wise leading up to your first race whether its this weekend or in a few months.   give us a look into how you're doing. 

me.. i'm sick of complaining about my run and bike.  so i'm feeling good and going to stay positive regardless of a missed or not so good workout.

whatcha got peeps!?!

edit  oh and minnows now scare me more than sharks... just sayin'.  ;-)

I guess I'm the left coaster.  I have CA70.3 on Saturday and I'm pretty excited.  Nervous, but in a good way.  I'm feeling pretty good about bike and run...and swim, well, we'll see if my lessons and all of the various swim workouts I have done will pay off in the form of a steady, confident swim.  That's all that I ask for...oh, and please no sharks (minnows are welcome!) that's for you, John.  No worries, I still didn't go over to that other site...

I'm pretty set with my nutrition, I am using the XLab on the back with my one bottle of 3 hours of infinit. My cage is ejection proof, knock on wood...I practiced on all of my long rides even on crazy bumps and it stayed put.   I am still trying to decide on whether to put my Profile design aerobottle on the front for my water (it's currently still on my road bike clip ons) or to just use a disposable water bottle on the downtube and replace at the aid stations. 

I tried on my tri top last night and it must've shrunk!  Either that or my back has widened a bit from all of the swimming, cause the rest of me hasn't changed much!  I don't care, I'm going to wear it anyways.  My fave oomph tri shorts are ready to be packed.

I have my strategy talk with Coach Steve later this morning and will hopefully have a good idea of how hard (or not) to go on each segment.  The bike has 3 pretty good sized hills after the halfway point, and I am hoping my 11-28 cassette will be enough to get me up those hills without standing (53-39 front). 

Weather report is for optimal conditions (high 40's at the start, and high 60's at midday!!!) I will not have to worry about running in 100F heat, so that is encouraging.  Winds are supposed to be relatively mild.  We aren't leaving until tomorrow....then road trip!

Good luck to Tony, Sam, and Sarge...and anyone else who hasn't checked in yet!

Oh and btw, Tracy, I missed congratulating you on signing up for that Oly race!  Awesome, momma...you need to do this for you! 

Oh and thanks Suzy

Kim

2010-03-24 8:37 AM
in reply to: #2744168

User image

Expert
San Antonio, TX

SSMinnow - 2010-03-23 9:03 PM I am out the door at the crack of stupid tomorrow so have to ask the big question....WHO IS DOING A TRIATHLON THIS WEEKEND, maybe a HIM?  A ROAD RACE?   EXCITED OR FREAKING OUT??? DETAILS PLEASE!

No racing here this weekend but I am suppose to be at the lake on Sunday so I just might take the short john with me and go for an OWS before or after a little kayak jaunt.   I can't wait it should be beautiful.

2010-03-24 8:37 AM
in reply to: #2744168

User image

Expert
San Antonio, TX

No racing here this weekend but I am suppose to be at the lake on Sunday so I just might take the short john with me and go for an OWS before or after a little kayak jaunt.   I can't wait it should be beautiful.

2010-03-24 8:41 AM

User image

Master
Sin City

I'm freaking out a little this weekend!  I've been getting a lot of "lack of sleep", not on purpose. I would sleep and tell myself to allow my body sleep as much as it can, and when I wake up, I get UP and move. It's just weird that I only slept for a couple hours or so, but it does help as I needed it the more hours to work on my projects. Finished one, 3 more to go!

This weekend, I am hosting BUNCO, so I'm going to miss the first Las Vegas Triathlon of the season, Showdown at Sundown (LATE start Tri - at 2pm). *bawls*

PLUS - I have to put in an hour on the road, it's been a while since I road outside (and it's been BEAUTIFUL!), and a long run on Sunday. It's the matter of being able to put in a ride and make Baked Ziti is freaking me out because I'm not sure "HOW" I will do it. Maybe while the Ziti is being baked, I can go around my block a couple times, come back, do the second batch, and go out again and see if I negative split? OR HTFU and get out there at the crack of dawn (I don't like that thought!), or just do the run....argh!!!!

2010-03-24 8:52 AM
in reply to: #2744785

User image

Expert
San Antonio, TX

Kim- my only concern with not using the profile and going with the cages is that those will fall out.  I have been to a couple races where they used a smaller bottle and they don't stay put.  That could drastically effect you.  Even if you switch the bottle over you don't have to fill it all the way.  Just do enough to get you to the first/second water stop and refill.

As for your swim.  You can do this.  You put in the time.  Relax, have fun and seed yourself in a good spot.   I can't wait to read your race report!

The same goes for the rest of the racers this weekend.  Remember your best nutrition and sleep come 48 hours before a race so start hydrating starting today and carb load on Fri for Sunday's race.

- Note for those of you doing Lonestar (especially from up North).  Since it's possible that it can be warm by the time you get to the run when your hydrating pre race you might want to start taking Endurolytes a couple times a day starting on Friday and then don't forget them on race morning to ward off leg cramps.  Coming out of winter and trainers to a early season race can wreak havoc on you.  (Endurolytes are from Hammer and are electrolyte replacements)

Good Luck!

kt65 - 2010-03-24 8:34 AM
fattyfatfat - 2010-03-23 8:06 PM

GOOD LUCK RACERS!!!!   we got a big one out on the left coast this weekend!!!  no race for me. 

question huh? put me on the spot and i can't perform....   since we're starting to come up on the first triathlons of the season, how are ya'll feeling training wise leading up to your first race whether its this weekend or in a few months.   give us a look into how you're doing. 

me.. i'm sick of complaining about my run and bike.  so i'm feeling good and going to stay positive regardless of a missed or not so good workout.

whatcha got peeps!?!

I guess I'm the left coaster.  I have CA70.3 on Saturday and I'm pretty excited.  Nervous, but in a good way.  I'm feeling pretty good about bike and run...and swim, well, we'll see if my lessons and all of the various swim workouts I have done will pay off in the form of a steady, confident swim.  That's all that I ask for...oh, and please no sharks (minnows are welcome!) that's for you, John.  No worries, I still didn't go over to that other site...

I'm pretty set with my nutrition, I am using the XLab on the back with my one bottle of 3 hours of infinit. My cage is ejection proof, knock on wood...I practiced on all of my long rides even on crazy bumps and it stayed put.   I am still trying to decide on whether to put my Profile design aerobottle on the front for my water (it's currently still on my road bike clip ons) or to just use a disposable water bottle on the downtube and replace at the aid stations. 

I tried on my tri top last night and it must've shrunk!  Either that or my back has widened a bit from all of the swimming, cause the rest of me hasn't changed much!  I don't care, I'm going to wear it anyways.  My fave oomph tri shorts are ready to be packed.

I have my strategy talk with Coach Steve later this morning and will hopefully have a good idea of how hard (or not) to go on each segment.  The bike has 3 pretty good sized hills after the halfway point, and I am hoping my 11-28 cassette will be enough to get me up those hills without standing (53-39 front). 

Weather report is for optimal conditions (high 40's at the start, and high 60's at midday!!!) I will not have to worry about running in 100F heat, so that is encouraging.  Winds are supposed to be relatively mild.  We aren't leaving until tomorrow....then road trip!

Good luck to Tony, Sam, and Sarge...and anyone else who hasn't checked in yet!

Oh and btw, Tracy, I missed congratulating you on signing up for that Oly race!  Awesome, momma...you need to do this for you! 

Oh and thanks Suzy

Kim

2010-03-24 8:54 AM
in reply to: #2744836

User image

Champion
marietta
tri-chic - 2010-03-24 8:52 AM

- Note for those of you doing Lonestar (especially from up North).  Since it's possible that it can be warm by the time you get to the run when your hydrating pre race you might want to start taking Endurolytes a couple times a day starting on Friday and then don't forget them on race morning to ward off leg cramps.  Coming out of winter and trainers to a early season race can wreak havoc on you.  (Endurolytes are from Hammer and are electrolyte replacements)

you're supposed to help ME.  not THEM!
2010-03-24 8:56 AM
in reply to: #2744802

User image

Expert
San Antonio, TX

DJ-  Make it the night before then all you have to do is warm it up!  OR...pick a crock pot dish and let it go.  Their your friends and will love whatever you serve no matter what.  I'm trying something new tonight in the crock pot that got rave reviews online, if it works out I'll let you know.

Get out there.  It's ALLLLL about priorities.  You can make it happen if you plan ahead.

Enjoy the beautiful weather.

2010-03-24 9:13 AM
in reply to: #2743266

User image

Master
Guelph, Ontario

TrevorC - 2010-03-23 2:44 PM Just went out for a run... felt okay going out. Felt like going for a good run. Only going to run 5k. Wanted to run under 30 minutes. For me a pretty decent pace.
When I got going I couldn't slow down!!! Wink
 Ended up running a 1 minute and 2 seconds PB over the 5k. 26:30 WHOOT!!

Bring it on Texas!!

Nice run Trevor. Now hold that pace in Texas and the medics will be checking your id to find out where to send the body back to.

2010-03-24 9:18 AM

User image

Master
Guelph, Ontario

another long day yesterday. Out the door at 5:30AM. After work straight to a nutrition for endureance athletes after work adn then straight to my swim workout. I crapped out after 40 mintues of the swim class. Just too tired. Went home and straight to bed. Part way through the night I woke up with my left knee in pain. I don't know what it is but I in pain whnever I try to bend my knee. It actually feels like the pain is in the ligament behind my knee. Not painful to touch but hard to walk. I didn't ease up walking around either. Hopefully not the start of something else. Good thing it's a rest day today.

2010-03-24 9:39 AM
in reply to: #2744283

User image

Master
Apex, north carolina
fattyfatfat - 2010-03-23 11:06 PM

whatcha got peeps!?!

I'm not racing obviously but this is my first weekend of actual training!!   So how am I feeling leading up to my first race.......anxious and curious about how my body will hold out post PT, and excited to see improvements on strength.  I've spent so long training for long distances that I have to remind myself lots of short workouts are beneficial.   I'm sure several of you know what I mean;  when you've trained for an IM swim and run, the idea of a 1000 yd swim and 5k run seem pointless.  So I must remind myself that several 1000yd swims and 5k runs a week is the key to a stong olympic.  

I must admit I am ubber excited about this upcoming race.  I have my secret time goal in mind but I need a few weeks of training under my belt to see how feasible that is, then maybe I'll share.

Kim - go get em tiger!!     As far as nutrition goes, I like to keep my nutrition in my rear and frame bottles and refill with the course water in the aero bottle. It makes life much easier.  However it is scary to loose the nutrition bottles so maybe keep a powder refill in a zip lock bags in your jersery or bento box, just for emergencies.    I'm sure you'll do great and I can't wait to hear all about it.

Tony and Sam, you guys crack me up. I love what you said Tony, 3 hours in the car for a sub hour race and 3 hours home.  You two are hard core!  Have a great time

Good luck Sarge!

Doug, how did the legs hold up during jury duty?  Any episodes of crying out in pain from random muscle cramps?
2010-03-24 9:49 AM
in reply to: #2744987

User image

Champion
marietta
tahrens - 2010-03-24 9:39 AM  As far as nutrition goes, I like to keep my nutrition in my rear

clearly.
2010-03-24 10:43 AM
in reply to: #2745011

User image

Elite
Calgary,AB,Canada
fattyfatfat - 2010-03-24 8:49 AM
tahrens - 2010-03-24 9:39 AM  As far as nutrition goes, I like to keep my nutrition in my rear

clearly.

Could be a new definition for the word "blowout"
2010-03-24 10:54 AM
in reply to: #2745238

User image

Pro
Wherever the trail takes me, WA.
TrevorC - 2010-03-24 8:43 AM

clearly.

You 2 guys fricken' Crack me up!!!!

Best post of the year so far
2010-03-24 11:16 AM
in reply to: #2744987

User image

Elite
Raleigh
tahrens - 2010-03-24 10:39 AM
fattyfatfat - 2010-03-23 11:06 PM
SSMinnow - 2010-03-23 9:03 PM
Doug, how did the legs hold up during jury duty?  Any episodes of crying out in pain from random muscle cramps?

It was hard to sit still as I had to shift periodically to alleviate the pain. One woman asked me if I had a permanent condition. I said "only if being an idiot is permanent." I got all the way to the jury box, and was the first person the plaintiff used a pre-emptory challange on. Why wouldn't you want a patent lawyer on your jury to decide a trade secret issue?

BTW The was a woman in the jury box you was in her late 50's earrly 60's that had run her first 1/2 marathon at the same race and finished in 1:47! Unlike me she looked like arunner, thin and wirey (sic).

Doug

2010-03-24 11:50 AM
in reply to: #2745281

User image

Master
Apex, north carolina
swbkrun - 2010-03-24 11:54 AM
TrevorC - 2010-03-24 8:43 AM

clearly.

You 2 guys fricken' Crack me up!!!!

Best post of the year so far

At least I don't have bottle ejector issues while keeping my nutrition in my rear.  What a way to take out the competition eh?   

- or - 

I could say by keeping my nutrition in my rear I am working on elevating my pace booty status - it gives people an excuse to grab my butt
2010-03-24 2:55 PM

User image

Elite
san francisco
Thanks for the good wishes, guys, I will think of you often out there!

Silly question that I cannot believe I am still unsure of, but for those of you who own the forerunner 305, do you have to switch from bike mode to run mode during transition 2?  I'm just not sure how to start it in multisport mode...If I do that, do I still get my mile splits for Bike and Run?

Kim
2010-03-24 3:00 PM
in reply to: #2746000

User image

kt65 - 2010-03-24 3:55 PM Thanks for the good wishes, guys, I will think of you often out there!

Silly question that I cannot believe I am still unsure of, but for those of you who own the forerunner 305, do you have to switch from bike mode to run mode during transition 2?  I'm just not sure how to start it in multisport mode...If I do that, do I still get my mile splits for Bike and Run?

Kim

Have fun out there Kim!

I am no way near a technical person (very basic when it comes to electronics) but, before I started using my bike computer I would use the 305 for both bike and run.  I would switch from the bike mode to the run mode in transition (seemed to get me calmed down to think about the watch instead of the coming run)....never used multisport.    

Good luck!

Edited by Havin'Fun 2010-03-24 3:01 PM
2010-03-24 3:22 PM
in reply to: #2746000

User image

Master
kt65 - 2010-03-24 2:55 PM Thanks for the good wishes, guys, I will think of you often out there!

Kim

I manually switched from bike to run... BT didn't support multisport mode once upon a time (not sure if that has changed?)... and if you end up hitting lap for any reason you might end up with a transition or a run during your bike, etc. To me, I am totally data-anal (waiting for jokes on that one) -- so it's worth the extra 5 seconds to switch. I just got my T times from the race results.

My big dilemma for IM is the battery life on the 305. I'm thinking I use my 305 for the bike, and my husband's for the run (synch up my HR monitor with his 305 for the race). What do people do who don't have access to two units? 
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » SWBKRUN- Miles and Miles ahead!!!! CLOSED Rss Feed  

of 230