BT Development Mentor Program Archives » JuniperJen's Keeping It Consistent Group - FULL Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 35

2011-02-01 4:31 PM
in reply to: #3333889

User image

Champion
Calgary
Subject: RE: JuniperJen's Keeping It Consistent Group - FULL
hooliemay - 2011-02-01 2:48 PM

mylissahorrocks - 2011-02-01 7:43 AM Feeling TOTALLY exhausted today. Had a 3.5 run on the schedule...tried to get out early and it started pouring. Feeling a little cold coming on as well...stink!!! May take the day off and get back to it tomorrow. Any great ideas for staving off a cold?

I find getting in the pool and swimming like a mad woman always makes my head cold dissipate. Atleast for a couple of hours post swim. Laughing  Hope you're feeling better soon. 

Ha, goobering it all out in the pool. That is what Chlorine is for.

2011-02-02 8:22 AM
in reply to: #3257308

User image

Master
Toronto
Bronze member
Good morning! Is everyone staying warm?? We're getting hit the north end of the snow storm - mostly hit us over night which isn't so bad.  Kristen, are you getting more??

Anyway - have a wonderful day all.

2011-02-02 9:36 AM

Cold Lake
Yeah Alberta! We're not freezing anymore :D Supposed to be above freezing temps all week so maybe we'll be able to find the sidewalks and I'll actually try a run outside...
2011-02-02 9:37 AM

User image

Pro
Houston

Sorry I've been AWOL gang.  This is a BIG week for our family - piggy moves to district barn this evening, show is Friday, auction Saturday. Brendan is excited, I am VERY anxious!

Training isn't great. I have some good days and then not so good days. I hate winter!

The temp here in Houston right now is 21 and they are doing rolling blackouts because several power stations have been blown and there is not enough electricity to go around.  I am at home with the 3 girls and last roll our power was out for 55 minutes!  I had to wait for it to come back on to make a pot of coffee!  We are all bundled up and hoping the house gets warm again before the power goes out.

2011-02-02 10:56 AM
in reply to: #3334855

User image

Veteran
South Shore, MA
juniperjen - 2011-02-02 9:22 AM Good morning! Is everyone staying warm?? We're getting hit the north end of the snow storm - mostly hit us over night which isn't so bad.  Kristen, are you getting more??

Anyway - have a wonderful day all.

Yes, we got about another foot last night.  Now it has switched over to rain.  So gross!!  Wet slush everywhere with some flooding.  And it's all supposed to freeze overnight.    This weather is depressing me!  Sounds like the best place to be right now is Alberta!  Everyone is so ready for Spring, you can just tell!

Hope the blackouts don't go on too much longer, Keri.  I wouldn't be able to survive without my cup of coffee in the morning! 

Mylissa - I hope your cold is getting better.  I have been fighting off one all week.  It's impossible to keep anyone healthy in this household with the kids going to daycare at our gym!

And Debbie - the website that some of us have been ordering swimsuits from is swimoutlet.com

Stay warm, everyone!!
2011-02-02 2:56 PM

User image

Veteran
Hang in there Keri!  I would not like the blackouts!

Kristen-we had freezing rain all day yesterday...about 2.5 inches of ice in STL, the snow missed us though!

Had a great workout this morning.  Went in and weighed at WW and down 1.2!!  So happy Laughing!  That makes 5.6 for the month of January. Woot, Woot!

2011-02-02 4:54 PM

User image

Expert
Canada
Well, went to the gym again today.  Expecting a foot of snow overnite, so figured tomorrow may be a wash-out.

Cycled as usual.  Forgot my iPod & had to listen to he chatter around me...don't want to that again, anytime soon!

Got bored after half hour on the exercise bike & decided it was time to "test" my knee.  Have not run in 6 weeks, except a "failed test" 4 weeks ago.  Anyway, hopped on a dreadmill, with plan to do 20 mins & "check it out"

Went, seemingly well.   Started at 7mph for 7 minutes...no problems.  Decided to up it a bit.  7.5 mph for 7 minutes.  Then started to remember how my bpm for run is about 20 greater than bike. Was not used to that.  Then increased to 8 mph for 4 mins.  started to get hamstring cramp, followed to calf tightness...but no knee wonkiness.  Decided to finish strong at 8.5mph, for final 2 minutes.  Did 2.5 miles, then walked another 5 mins (0.3 miles).

You may wonder why the excruciatingly boring detail, but I am happy that I might be able to run again!!!  Need a bit of time to get back my running legs, but it a start.  

Gonna monitor things tonite & if no swelling or pain, then plan 20 minute run tomorrow or Friday, depending on weather tomorrow.

Cool

Edited by GoGoGo 2011-02-02 5:00 PM
2011-02-02 7:07 PM
in reply to: #3336031

User image

Veteran
GoGoGo - 2011-02-02 4:54 PM Well, went to the gym again today.  Expecting a foot of snow overnite, so figured tomorrow may be a wash-out.

Cycled as usual.  Forgot my iPod & had to listen to he chatter around me...don't want to that again, anytime soon!

Got bored after half hour on the exercise bike & decided it was time to "test" my knee.  Have not run in 6 weeks, except a "failed test" 4 weeks ago.  Anyway, hopped on a dreadmill, with plan to do 20 mins & "check it out"

Went, seemingly well.   Started at 7mph for 7 minutes...no problems.  Decided to up it a bit.  7.5 mph for 7 minutes.  Then started to remember how my bpm for run is about 20 greater than bike. Was not used to that.  Then increased to 8 mph for 4 mins.  started to get hamstring cramp, followed to calf tightness...but no knee wonkiness.  Decided to finish strong at 8.5mph, for final 2 minutes.  Did 2.5 miles, then walked another 5 mins (0.3 miles).

You may wonder why the excruciatingly boring detail, but I am happy that I might be able to run again!!!  Need a bit of time to get back my running legs, but it a start.  

Gonna monitor things tonite & if no swelling or pain, then plan 20 minute run tomorrow or Friday, depending on weather tomorrow.

Cool

That is awesome!  You are fast!!  And here I am excited I got to 6.0!
2011-02-02 11:46 PM
in reply to: #3336280

Cold Lake
Way to GO GoGoGo!  

You ARE fast!  I'm happy jogging at 5.5 Laughing  But I guess we've all got to start somewhere and atleast I've finally started. 
2011-02-03 8:52 AM

User image

Master
Toronto
Bronze member
Good morning all! It's a busy week at work but I hope to check in with all of you tomorrow.  And update my logs. Yesterday was a bust on training for a variety of reasons but I did do something very tri-nerdy.  I went to see the documentary Chasing Legends. It follows Team Columbia-HTC through the 2009 Tour de France.  It's one of the few things that will get me to stay up past my bed time! Haha

Keri - are the blackouts cleared up?  How's it going with the piggy?  It's so cool that your son is doing that. I was in 4-H when I was younger but didn't get into any livestock ... it's a prety big deal!! 

Richard: yay for running - those are some speeds! Has anyone told you to ease back into it?? hahaha.  Coming off my injury a few years ago I was super afraid of any speed ... you're braver than I!

Debbie: ice does not sound fun - but would trade for Kristen's snow?

:D

Anyway - back to work - I have a couple of things I need to get done this morning!
2011-02-03 1:36 PM

User image

Expert
Canada
My exercise today...Snow shovelling..1 hour...UUgghh

Thanks for the encouragement on the run.   

2011-02-03 2:50 PM
in reply to: #3336955

User image

Pro
Houston
juniperjen - 2011-02-03 8:52 AM Keri - are the blackouts cleared up?  How's it going with the piggy?  It's so cool that your son is doing that. I was in 4-H when I was younger but didn't get into any livestock ... it's a prety big deal!! 

The rolling blackouts stopped so that is good news. We were supposed to have them again this morning but it stayed on thank goodness.

We are supposed to get freezing rain/snow tonight so they have already canceled school and all activities, this means no pig show Friday Cry
The good news is they had a secondary schedule just in case and pigs will start showing at 7am Saturday and auction will be Saturday afternoon.  You are right it is a big deal. This is our second year and before last year I was completely clueless. These kids put in hundreds of hours feeding and caring for these animals. They go to show and if you do great you get a pretty good check that will cover all the money you put in plus some.  If you don't do well - finishing in top 5 in class - you don't get enough money to cover the feed let along the cost of the animal, pen fees, vet etc.  This year Brendan paid for everything himself and I mean everything with the money he got last year.  I am so proud I could just burst! Hopefully the judge will like Brendan and Beau and we will make premium sale - there are 24 in his weight class.

With everything going on I haven't done much this week, just a trainer ride. Even the gym was closed yesterday because of the blackouts and we didn't get home until 9pm last night. If I can muster the energy I'll get on the trainer tonight. Saturday is going to be at the barn 6am-8pm at least. Sunday is supposed to be gorgeous so I will bike or run ore maybe both.
2011-02-03 7:20 PM

User image

Champion
Calgary
got my long run out of the way. 24k, really good. Solid run.

Actually, 7C out today, beautiful day for a run.
2011-02-03 9:57 PM

User image

hi cool kids! it's aloha friday (almost). in celebration i bought 4 bottles of wine and a case of beer. ok no not all for this weekend but since i'm terrible at going out to get booze i stocked up at the surprisingly classy establishment "beltway fine wines." does anyone else suck at balancing time with regular training?? it's like if i don't do errands before i get home they are not happening b/c then i work out and shower and eat and then it's no-can-do-sville babydoll.

today i had a 30 min run, aim to do 5 min w/u and c/d, and 1.5 mi at race pace. dear old FI said he thought i could pull a 10:30 or less pace, which i thought was ridic but decided to see if i could do 11:00. that was dumb. i managed 1.2 but i felt awful and ended up walking a bit at the end. looks like i will shoot for maybe 11:30 for 5k on sunday. i love winter 5k start times - 10am? thank you very much.

i know a lot of the group has slowed down training and so i just wanted to remind yall that you're awesome to keep on keeping on through the winter mother nature has given us!
2011-02-03 10:27 PM

User image

almost forgot! had two more things to share.

1. i went to the doctor's today for an annual exam and when i got on the scale to get weighed, the nurse said, "oh i wouldn't worry about that too much, you're wearing a lot of clothes." i wasn't worried.

2. i haven't been keeping up with weight tracking this week due to last weekend's visit to my aunt's house, who believes in comfort food as a way of showing love. and there was lotsa love to show. om nom nom.

thinking of dumping ww for a regular calorie tracking program anyway, haven't been doing so well on it since the new points plus thing came about. thought i'd like it more but just not working for me.
2011-02-04 8:29 AM
in reply to: #3338290

User image

Master
Toronto
Bronze member
BigDH - 2011-02-03 8:20 PM got my long run out of the way. 24k, really good. Solid run. Actually, 7C out today, beautiful day for a run.

Wow, did you run in shorts? haha - i would seriously think about capris if it was that warm out.  I am looking at temps around 0C for this weekend thinking that's awesomely (like my new word) warm!

How's the new plan going?

2011-02-04 8:36 AM
in reply to: #3338459

User image

Master
Toronto
Bronze member
Osfan4life - 2011-02-03 10:57 PM hi cool kids! it's aloha friday (almost). in celebration i bought 4 bottles of wine and a case of beer. ok no not all for this weekend but since i'm terrible at going out to get booze i stocked up at the surprisingly classy establishment "beltway fine wines." does anyone else suck at balancing time with regular training?? it's like if i don't do errands before i get home they are not happening b/c then i work out and shower and eat and then it's no-can-do-sville babydoll.

today i had a 30 min run, aim to do 5 min w/u and c/d, and 1.5 mi at race pace. dear old FI said he thought i could pull a 10:30 or less pace, which i thought was ridic but decided to see if i could do 11:00. that was dumb. i managed 1.2 but i felt awful and ended up walking a bit at the end. looks like i will shoot for maybe 11:30 for 5k on sunday. i love winter 5k start times - 10am? thank you very much.

i know a lot of the group has slowed down training and so i just wanted to remind yall that you're awesome to keep on keeping on through the winter mother nature has given us!

Aloha Friday? I am with you on errands and such conflicting with workouts and vice versa.  Especially with a schedule at work that trends to the later time - 9-5 or later then by the time I get home I basically have time to do one or the other. Though, I often prioritize the workout - and because we do a very nerdy meal planning thing - I make dinner and we often eat late.  I can swim after dinner but I cannot run. 

Good luck at your 5k this weekend!!  Is this your first? Aiming for a PB?

So, superbowl is this weekend - any plans to watch/throw a party? My hubby throws a guys party so i get to decide what to do with myself.  Don't feel too bad, it's actually really nice to have a block of time to do whatever I like.
2011-02-04 8:37 AM

User image

Master
Toronto
Bronze member
Keri - Good luck to your son this weekend!!  That sounds like a wonderful way to learn about the costs of business and definitely shows work-ethic.  You must be so very proud!

2011-02-04 8:53 AM
in reply to: #3338806

User image

Champion
Calgary
juniperjen - 2011-02-04 7:36 AM

Osfan4life - 2011-02-03 10:57 PM hi cool kids! it's aloha friday (almost). in celebration i bought 4 bottles of wine and a case of beer. ok no not all for this weekend but since i'm terrible at going out to get booze i stocked up at the surprisingly classy establishment "beltway fine wines." does anyone else suck at balancing time with regular training?? it's like if i don't do errands before i get home they are not happening b/c then i work out and shower and eat and then it's no-can-do-sville babydoll.

Aloha Friday? I am with you on errands and such conflicting with workouts and vice versa.  Especially with a schedule at work that trends to the later time - 9-5 or later then by the time I get home I basically have time to do one or the other. Though, I often prioritize the workout - and because we do a very nerdy meal planning thing - I make dinner and we often eat late.  I can swim after dinner but I cannot run. 

Good luck at your 5k this weekend!!  Is this your first? Aiming for a PB?

So, superbowl is this weekend - any plans to watch/throw a party? My hubby throws a guys party so i get to decide what to do with myself.  Don't feel too bad, it's actually really nice to have a block of time to do whatever I like.

Not a big football fan but I kind of enjoy watching all the hype.
2011-02-04 1:43 PM
in reply to: #3338796

User image

Champion
Calgary
juniperjen - 2011-02-04 7:29 AM

BigDH - 2011-02-03 8:20 PM got my long run out of the way. 24k, really good. Solid run. Actually, 7C out today, beautiful day for a run.

Wow, did you run in shorts? haha - i would seriously think about capris if it was that warm out.  I am looking at temps around 0C for this weekend thinking that's awesomely (like my new word) warm!

How's the new plan going?

Yep shorts and a tshirt, and.....yep, took the shirt off. I don't care what people think, feels too damn good. Was 9C out today, big wind but a hot sun.
2011-02-04 7:45 PM

User image

Master
Toronto
Bronze member
Okay here's my progress going into the weekend:

Mon: hill run
Tues: 45- minute bike, 40 swim (only 30 mins)
Wed: 13k run with tempo - Actually, misread my plan - 8k tempo I did this on Friday
Thurs: swim group
Fri: Yoga
Sat: 18k run
Sun: 1:25 bike, 30 - min swim - actually a 1:00 run

2011-02-04 8:12 PM
in reply to: #3334987

User image

Memphis
KeriKadi - 2011-02-02 9:37 AM

Sorry I've been AWOL gang.  This is a BIG week for our family - piggy moves to district barn this evening, show is Friday, auction Saturday. Brendan is excited, I am VERY anxious!

Training isn't great. I have some good days and then not so good days. I hate winter!

The temp here in Houston right now is 21 and they are doing rolling blackouts because several power stations have been blown and there is not enough electricity to go around.  I am at home with the 3 girls and last roll our power was out for 55 minutes!  I had to wait for it to come back on to make a pot of coffee!  We are all bundled up and hoping the house gets warm again before the power goes out.

so fun Keri! Do you keep animals at home or somewhere else? We did 4-H last year - and this year our horse shows start in March, so we'll start showing early. Stinks about the brown-outs! I remember those from the Northeast.
2011-02-05 9:24 PM

User image

Memphis
hello? anyone here? I had a great swim today - anybody else having a decent weekend?
2011-02-05 9:40 PM

User image

Veteran
Got all my workouts in this week except for today!  Oh well, my in laws are in town and it has been a busy weekend. 
Hope everyone has had a gret weekend!
2011-02-06 9:03 AM

User image

Champion
Calgary
I'm alive.

Up at 6 yesterday to get my run in, recovery, and help my sister in law move.

Today, up at 5, yikes, had a great, awesome, killer run. Felt like crap this morning, didn't want to do it, 18 k with last 6 k aet 5:23/km or so. Awesome.
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » JuniperJen's Keeping It Consistent Group - FULL Rss Feed  

of 35