BT Development Mentor Program Archives » SWBKRUN- Miles and Miles ahead!!!! CLOSED Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 230

2010-04-02 8:14 AM
in reply to: #2764206

User image

Champion
Charlottesville, Virginia
Subject: RE: SWBKRUN- Miles and Miles ahead!!!! CLOSED
SSMinnow - 2010-04-01 8:38 PM Uhm, what did you say about my behind? Cool

So to kick off my birthday month, I bought the PT SL+ with the new Joule 2.0.  Inventory is so stinking tight, but someone we know is best buds with the CEO of Saris in Madison so I was able to secure one directly from them.  There is a slim chance I will have it for Lonestar.  Fingers crossed.   For those that have them, are they hard to figure out how to use?

Kyla: did you want my address to send me some cupcakes? I love chocolate and if you fill any those would be great too!

badgerintx - 2010-04-01 4:09 PM
SSMinnow - 2010-04-01 3:24 PM So after my appointment with the kiniseologist yesterday, my mission is to find the correct size shoe.  I have been wearing a 6 in Brooks Adrenaline and recently purchased Asics 2150 in the same size.  I'm at Fleet Feet and they are using their Fit System... I was assuming maybe a 5.5 D so wide......I was slightly less than a 4!  We tried several kids shoes before I ended up with a 5 Asics Guide....how stupid is that? I've been wearing the wrong shoe size for 6 years.

Also since I don't have kids to brag about and my racing has been non-existent, can I toot my horn about the man.....he isn't a triathlete or really an athlete at all, but what he does impresses the heck out of me sometimes. Horn tooting over!

Congrats to Paul!!!! and congrats to you too.  (You know what they say about the woman behind every successful man!)

No they are pretty straight forward.  Don't have the Joule but once you make the pairing just ride and it will spit out numbers.  I would really like to upgrade to wireless just so I can get a Joule to show me more than 3 numbers at once.  Always have up watts & have to switch between HR/Cadence/Time/Distance, depending on the ride type.  Would be nice to see more of those at once, especially cadence and hr.

2010-04-02 9:05 AM
in reply to: #2555972

User image

Elite
Calgary,AB,Canada

Happy Good Friday all.
Off for a 2 hr run this Am with the bride, and then getting some lunch with her fam.

Tomorrow...Supposed to do a 3 hr trainer ride and 30 min run after. I reallly hope its nice out. Would love to nail a long ride tomorrow vs the basement for 3 hrs.
To quote Barry, "i've got some crud." Feeling a little congested/head coldish. Really want this to balast trough my body. I got a big race coming up ya' know.

2010-04-02 9:12 AM
in reply to: #2764907

User image

Champion
Charlottesville, Virginia
TrevorC - 2010-04-02 10:05 AM

Happy Good Friday all.
Off for a 2 hr run this Am with the bride, and then getting some lunch with her fam.

Tomorrow...Supposed to do a 3 hr trainer ride and 30 min run after. I reallly hope its nice out. Would love to nail a long ride tomorrow vs the basement for 3 hrs.
To quote Barry, "i've got some crud." Feeling a little congested/head coldish. Really want this to balast trough my body. I got a big race coming up ya' know.

yeah lots of pollen here, I went a couple of years ago to get checked for allergies and everything turned up negative, but I always get sick this time of year.

Have a 3 hr ride tomorrow with Tracy's husband, they are up for the cherry blossom festival.  Then a 45 minute run brick.
2010-04-02 9:51 AM
in reply to: #2764145

User image

Champion
Frisco, TX

fattyfatfat - 2010-04-01 7:01 PM HI ANDY!

Hey brother!!!  Good to see everyone!  I think the kink is out of my think!  Went swimming yesterday and going ro run today!!!

I missed my MG Peeps... 

(Thx John...)

2010-04-02 9:53 AM
in reply to: #2764215

User image

Champion
Frisco, TX

SSMinnow - 2010-04-01 7:44 PM
fattyfatfat - 2010-04-01 7:01 PM HI ANDY!

Where the heck is Andy?  I am feeling a little ignored.  I inspired him a while ago and never heard from him.  He better still be doing the Sprint or Olympic.  Jarrett and I need some company on Saturday morning!!!!  It's a given the rest of the gang will be sleeping off hangover #1!

I'm in on the OLY...  It will be slow though...  I will have plenty of energy to cheer the rest of you on during the HIM!!!

2010-04-02 10:07 AM

User image

Champion
marietta
welcome back andy!!!

tony ask doug if he's figured out how the shii finished. 

not much of a day off,  cleaning out the garage. 

2010-04-02 10:22 AM

User image

2010-04-02 11:24 AM
in reply to: #2765026

User image

Elite
Raleigh
fattyfatfat - 2010-04-02 11:07 AM welcome back andy!!!

I am a little slow sometimes, what is "the shii?" Did I miss something?
2010-04-02 1:07 PM

User image

Elite
san francisco
Yay!  Welcome back, Andy!
Your ears must've been ringing

Great, all this talk about chamois butr and you've scared cksurfer away!

Welcome, ck, we don't need to know your first name, CK is just fine. 

I woke up with a super congested head yesterday, a sore throat and I guess everything from this weekend finally caught up with me.  Skipped workouts the past two days in an attempt to get rested, healthy and next week start training for my next HIM!  Omg, what have I gotten myself into!?

Good news is that my body feels fine and ready to go...except for this head cold.

Hope everyone has a good weekend.
2010-04-02 1:56 PM
in reply to: #2765193

User image

Champion
marietta
DougRob - 2010-04-02 11:24 AM
fattyfatfat - 2010-04-02 11:07 AM welcome back andy!!!

I am a little slow sometimes, what is "the shii?" Did I miss something?

sorry abt that.  doug ahrens.  tony is riding with him tomorrow. 
2010-04-02 3:03 PM

User image

Elite
Raleigh
OK, but what does "shii" mean? Smile

2010-04-02 3:28 PM
in reply to: #2764212

Oh yeah!

My first name is Corey as for an avatar..... I'm not into big blue people.....  just kidding...  I'll get on that later.

I don't really know how to train so I'm really just going at it without a specific plan of attack. I know the end result that I would like (Olympic Distance Tri Completion) but other than swimming, biking, and running as far as I can I really don't know what else to do.... Intervals???

anyway..... I don't want to take the conversation down to the total newb level but.... as popeye would say "I am what I am".

Advice?

SSMinnow - 2010-04-01 5:42 PM Hey would it be too much to ask to get your first name?  I would call you hot guy, but John claimed that name for himself!  How about an avatar so we have some sense of your personality?

You will get plenty of motivation and ribbing from this group so brace yourself.  I do a tremendous amount of training on my own too and the cats here are a great source of information and amusement.

PS. I love the you smoked the hot highschool couple. 

cksurfer - 2010-04-01 5:40 PM Hey so I've finally found the time to tell you a little about me.

I am NOT a hot girl from NW Houston who hangs out at Italian joints prior to working out

I am however a hot guy from SoCal east of LA who has a couple Italian friends who's house I frequent.

I love Jesus, being outside, surfing, hiking, karate, riding motorcycles, exercising, playing guitar, and beautiful things.

Recently I was encouraged to do a sprint and I ended up not doing too bad. I saw the head cheerleader and quarterback from my high school at the tri and i ended up doing better than both. Needless to say I now Love tri-ing.

Although I haven't competed in any other tri's I'm looking to complete an oly this year and a HIM next year.... HOPEFULLY.

I like training but I don't have a schedule that allows for a set program.

I'm hoping that this mentor group will fill the gap created by a lack of work out buddies.

2010-04-02 4:18 PM
in reply to: #2765603

User image

Master
Horseheads, NY
cksurfer - 2010-04-02 4:28 PM Oh yeah!

My first name is Corey as for an avatar..... I'm not into big blue people.....  just kidding...  I'll get on that later.

I don't really know how to train so I'm really just going at it without a specific plan of attack. I know the end result that I would like (Olympic Distance Tri Completion) but other than swimming, biking, and running as far as I can I really don't know what else to do.... Intervals???

anyway..... I don't want to take the conversation down to the total newb level but.... as popeye would say "I am what I am".

Advice?

SSMinnow - 2010-04-01 5:42 PM Hey would it be too much to ask to get your first name?  I would call you hot guy, but John claimed that name for himself!  How about an avatar so we have some sense of your personality?

You will get plenty of motivation and ribbing from this group so brace yourself.  I do a tremendous amount of training on my own too and the cats here are a great source of information and amusement.

PS. I love the you smoked the hot highschool couple. 

cksurfer - 2010-04-01 5:40 PM Hey so I've finally found the time to tell you a little about me.

I am NOT a hot girl from NW Houston who hangs out at Italian joints prior to working out

I am however a hot guy from SoCal east of LA who has a couple Italian friends who's house I frequent.

I love Jesus, being outside, surfing, hiking, karate, riding motorcycles, exercising, playing guitar, and beautiful things.

Recently I was encouraged to do a sprint and I ended up not doing too bad. I saw the head cheerleader and quarterback from my high school at the tri and i ended up doing better than both. Needless to say I now Love tri-ing.

Although I haven't competed in any other tri's I'm looking to complete an oly this year and a HIM next year.... HOPEFULLY.

I like training but I don't have a schedule that allows for a set program.

I'm hoping that this mentor group will fill the gap created by a lack of work out buddies.

Hey Corey!  There are some basic plans here on BT that will give you a plan that is basically focused on time and will gradually build you up working towards an olympic distance race.  If you upgrade your membership, you can get specific details for the workouts, not just amount of time to train.  They can be very helpful at a low (or no) cost.
2010-04-02 4:18 PM
in reply to: #2765540

User image

Champion
marietta
DougRob - 2010-04-02 3:03 PM OK, but what does "shii" mean? Smile

lol!  its just me making fun of tracy again.  every chance i get, ya know!
2010-04-02 4:24 PM
in reply to: #2765603

User image

Champion
marietta
cksurfer - 2010-04-02 3:28 PM Oh yeah!

Advice?

corey comments like that are not allowed around here.  seriously!  ask ANY question you want to.  
2010-04-02 4:27 PM

User image

Champion
Verona WI--Ironman Bike Country!
Hi Kids.....

Stopped by to wish everyone a good weekend and Happy Easter to those who celebrate it. 

Had a really good LT ride this morning.  Finally getting the hang of those darn things.  And I had an even better afternoon with coach Steve starting with an 1:10 lesson and then lunch to talk over my plan, IM and whatever other million questions I had for him.  The highlight was getting beaten to death in the pool to simulate OWS.  I actually didn't do too badly. Sucked bigtime as I tried to learn how to tread water....kind of important for deep water, mass starts.

Wish me luck, tomorrow will be 4 hours on the CT. Forecast is for storms which appear to be brewing as I type.

Suzy

2010-04-02 5:32 PM

User image

Expert
Oklahoma City
Yay! Andy's back! 

Am I the only person doing the Sprint distance @ Lonestar?! You guys are going to make me do this alone?!?

Ok, got my pedal system switched yesterday. Now using Look Keo pedal system, and I really like it. Took the bike for a quick spin around the lake today, and wow, I can already tell a difference in my RPE wearing the cleats. Much more efficient.

Here are my measly totals. Had to abandon running due to tibial tendonitis until I got my arch supports, hence the embarrassingly low numbers. BUT the arch supports arrived in the mail today, so I'm back to running next week! Woohoo! (Not) I've also been neglecting my bike a little. That's stopping this weekend. Have a 35 miler scheduled tomorrow, and I'll be doing at least 10 miles 4x/week starting next week, including some hill work. I'm going to try and make-up time from my super slow running with my swim/bike @ Lonestar. Speaking of Lonestar, is there at BT get-together scheduled? Is there one scheduled specifically for this MG? It'd be cool to put faces with names....

Anyway, GOOD LUCK TO EVERYBODY RACING THIS WEEKEND! ALSO, HAVE A HAPPY EASTER, EVERYONE! Kiss 

March's totals:
Bike:5h 47m 25s  - 81.08 Mi
Run:4h 24m 19s  - 18.6 Mi
Swim:9h 16m 34s  - 19600 Yd
Yard Work:1h 00m

2010-04-02 6:05 PM
in reply to: #2765766

User image

Champion
Verona WI--Ironman Bike Country!

Hey Trina: You are not alone....I am doing the sprint and so is John's wife!!!  With Andy doing the Oly plenty of MG love to go around.

PS Recovering from injury is just as important as miles in the bank....you did the right thing!

kickitinok - 2010-04-02 5:32 PM Yay! Andy's back! 

Am I the only person doing the Sprint distance @ Lonestar?! You guys are going to make me do this alone?!?

Ok, got my pedal system switched yesterday. Now using Look Keo pedal system, and I really like it. Took the bike for a quick spin around the lake today, and wow, I can already tell a difference in my RPE wearing the cleats. Much more efficient.

Here are my measly totals. Had to abandon running due to tibial tendonitis until I got my arch supports, hence the embarrassingly low numbers. BUT the arch supports arrived in the mail today, so I'm back to running next week! Woohoo! (Not) I've also been neglecting my bike a little. That's stopping this weekend. Have a 35 miler scheduled tomorrow, and I'll be doing at least 10 miles 4x/week starting next week, including some hill work. I'm going to try and make-up time from my super slow running with my swim/bike @ Lonestar. Speaking of Lonestar, is there at BT get-together scheduled? Is there one scheduled specifically for this MG? It'd be cool to put faces with names....

Anyway, GOOD LUCK TO EVERYBODY RACING THIS WEEKEND! ALSO, HAVE A HAPPY EASTER, EVERYONE! Kiss 

March's totals:

Edited by SSMinnow 2010-04-02 6:06 PM
2010-04-02 6:16 PM
in reply to: #2765766

User image

Elite
san francisco
kickitinok - 2010-04-02 3:32 PM Yay! Andy's back! 

March's totals:

Great to hear, Trina!  I also love my Look Keo's and tried like heck with the Speedplays (which I could NOT for the life of me clip in or out of without almost wrecking!). 
Take it slow with the new arch inserts...new thing for your body to get used to and all. 
2010-04-02 8:28 PM

User image

Elite
Raleigh
Trina:

I am a look Keo rider as well. Have them on my road and Tri-bikes.
2010-04-02 9:06 PM

User image

Elite
Calgary,AB,Canada
Trina, I think you'll find alot of us here are Keo fans....sans Tony.
We'll all be around somewhere/somehow on Saturday. We are planning some type of get together friday/saturday/sunday night. Ask John he's the partyplanner.

Got in my run today. nice and slow run with Michelle. Running with her is so nice. i slow down and never worry about pace.

Plan is to get out early tomorrow, freeze my buns off, and get in a long long outside ride to simulate the HIM distance. Going to try and carry a bunch of premixed Infinit on the frame, aerobottle and some water in the back. 
And then hurry back and go an Easter party with the fam.

2010-04-02 9:25 PM

User image

Expert
Oklahoma City
Good to know I'm not all alone in the sprint at Lonestar! 

Also good to know that others use the Look Keo's. I am very impressed with them. Their litmus test is tomorrow during my "long" ride. It's going to be a rural ride - my first. I'm very excited. Tired of dodging broken glass and used hypodermics.

Thanks for the advice on running with the arch inserts, Kim. I sincerely hope they work. Huge bummer is that I have to tape my feet before every run. That's going to cut into my T2 time like mad. I wonder if I could get away with running the race without tape....

Edited by kickitinok 2010-04-02 9:40 PM
2010-04-02 9:32 PM

User image

Master
Sin City
Another Look Keo fan here!   I basically got it because I wanted the easiest system out there. I've heard stories about the SPDs and the Speedplays having too small of a platform. I'm really nitpicky for any type of discomfort on my feet, so I'm glad I did this. However, it did take a while for me to get used to "flipping the pedal to the right side to clip in" thing.  I do like the slight float to move my ankles around a bit.

Got new tires Conti Attack/Force. Hope they will feel better than my old tires. However, I totally neglected to ask the LBS, can these tires be used for recreational long distance riding? They have a much lower PSI than my old ones, and I'm a little bit paranoid about the 22 in the front and 24 in the back (Can I still use my 700x23c tubes, or do I really have to buy two different size tubes?!)

Got my first tri shorts today! It was cheap and a pretty good deal. All I need to do is find a matching top, and I'm good to go!
2010-04-02 9:45 PM

User image

Expert
Oklahoma City
DJ - I agree with you on the Speedplays having too small of a platform. They killed my lower left leg. Just didn't feel natural. Good luck with your new tires. I haven't gotten that far yet....guess I'll start asking about tires later this season. 

I absolutely LOVE athleta.com's sportswear. Super hip, and they've started carrying triathlon wear this year! You might check there for a top  
2010-04-02 9:45 PM

User image

Master
Horseheads, NY
OK, here is some Good Friday bike porn!
2009 Giant Trinity 2
Pretty much entry level all around but gives me a good base to build on in the future.  Got out for a short test ride today and it felt great.  Need to get out for a longer ride soon but might not happen until next weekend.

2009 Giant Trinity 2
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » SWBKRUN- Miles and Miles ahead!!!! CLOSED Rss Feed  

of 230