BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Mad Manatees 2015.4 CLOSED (or Poptart/pet pic ticket) Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 60

2015-11-02 4:00 PM
in reply to: lisac957

User image

Katy, Texas
Subject: RE: Mad Manatees 2015.4 CLOSED (or Poptart/pet pic ticket)
Originally posted by lisac957

I had ZERO trick or treaters!  I saw one group coming down the street so I hobbled to the door and waited... then they never came to my house! I *think* they were someone on the block's grandkids and they were just hitting the houses of people they knew, but I was like what's wrong with my house! lol! My larger neighborhood goes CRAZY for Halloween (like the local news was live broadcasting from there) but it's all half a mile north of me and people won't cross the major street to get to the smaller part of the 'hood where I live.

And speaking of my block, my neighbors decided to bust out the Roman Candles after midnight last night to celebrate the Royal's World Series win... The first few were funny and jovial (ya! Go team! You are a loyal fan!) but 30 Roman Candles later I was like please stop. Some of use have 8 a.m. meetings in the morning

Sorry you didn't get any trick or treaters! Here's my two Wild Kratts (PBS kids show).

As I'm not a night owl, I'm totally with you on the fireworks thing.

2015-11-02 4:17 PM
in reply to: Jet Black

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

Originally posted by Jet Black Proof of life post, i.e. I survived. I didn't do as good as I had hoped, but still beat my Galveston time by 9 minutes, mainly due to running 14 minutes faster. This bike course was much harder, and my front derailleur malfunctioning at mile 15 leaving me with only the small ring didn't help. Ended up 6th AG with 5:13:48. Swim (apparently I swam 2300 yards - these #s are from my garmin): 31:56 1:24/100yd Bike: 2:48:20.0 20.0mph Run: 1:50:54.1 8:28/M

Wow - congrats on a super speedy race!!  

ATX 70.3 is NOT going to be a race day for me, it will be a lovely swim in a lake, followed by a meandering cycle in the countryside, and then a jaunt beside the lake, and finally a little party before dying.  And getting a t-shirt.  

2015-11-02 4:26 PM
in reply to: Atlantia

User image

Pro
Bellingham, WA

Originally posted by Atlantia I am a mighty swimmer! Swim class #6 was over the weekend, and in addition to my breaststroke looking much improved -- we started butterfly! Just kicking for now, but I got to wear fins, and it was so much fun. The mermaid is strong within me! In other swimming news, I did a 100 last week that was sub 2:00 for the first time ever! All that time in the pool is started to show some improvement. And I cannot figure out how to attach a picture of my darling Vivaldi here....so she remains a mystery I suppose. She is the star of my instagram though.

Great job on going sub-2:00.  That is a big milestone. 

2015-11-02 4:28 PM
in reply to: IndoIronYanti

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Hey all. Loved the report Salty!!!! Love the Halloween pix and stories.

For those of you I'm not friends with on FB, I lost my Momma on the 25th. It was 3 days after we returned from our road trip to bring DS2's car to Connecticut. We spent a couple days working with the Red Cross to get DS2 released then headed to NE Colorado to be with family and help my step father.

Because of the two trips I've done most of my runs at lower elevations the last couple weeks. I think I felt it during my PT test today . I've waffled on whether to do Moab or not on Saturday. Been a crazy couple weeks. I think Momma would kick my azz if I missed a race because of her. She was always so supportive of my training and racing. 

2015-11-02 4:41 PM
in reply to: lisac957

User image

Denver, Colorado

I had ZERO trick or treaters!  I saw one group coming down the street so I hobbled to the door and waited... then they never came to my house! I *think* they were someone on the block's grandkids and they were just hitting the houses of people they knew, but I was like what's wrong with my house! lol! My larger neighborhood goes CRAZY for Halloween (like the local news was live broadcasting from there) but it's all half a mile north of me and people won't cross the major street to get to the smaller part of the 'hood where I live.

And speaking of my block, my neighbors decided to bust out the Roman Candles after midnight last night to celebrate the Royal's World Series win... The first few were funny and jovial (ya! Go team! You are a loyal fan!) but 30 Roman Candles later I was like please stop. Some of use have 8 a.m. meetings in the morning

I remember my first Halloween in US (we did not have this in Poland and I only knew the tradition from the movies) - I was so nervous that day I was sitting in the living room waiting for the kids. I had few that day, but I was so afraid I would do something ...incorrectly...
I was probably more nervous - and more excited - than those kids..
Mary
2015-11-02 4:44 PM

User image

Denver, Colorado
Originally posted by Atlantia

I am a mighty swimmer!
Swim class #6 was over the weekend, and in addition to my breaststroke looking much improved -- we started butterfly! Just kicking for now, but I got to wear fins, and it was so much fun. The mermaid is strong within me!
In other swimming news, I did a 100 last week that was sub 2:00 for the first time ever! All that time in the pool is started to show some improvement.
And I cannot figure out how to attach a picture of my darling Vivaldi here....so she remains a mystery I suppose. She is the star of my instagram though.

Congrats on your swimming progress!
I figured my problem with breathing in freestyle is that I concentrate on it way too much. When I exhale during breast or back, i don't think about it - it's so automatic. So I was trying to think about anything I could have during freestyle swimming and I was.... singing "Embraceable" by Sinatra in my head. Hmm.. it helped a bit
Mary

2015-11-02 4:48 PM

User image

Denver, Colorado
Originally posted by Jet Black

Originally posted by Atlantia

I am a mighty swimmer!
Swim class #6 was over the weekend, and in addition to my breaststroke looking much improved -- we started butterfly! Just kicking for now, but I got to wear fins, and it was so much fun. The mermaid is strong within me!
In other swimming news, I did a 100 last week that was sub 2:00 for the first time ever! All that time in the pool is started to show some improvement.
And I cannot figure out how to attach a picture of my darling Vivaldi here....so she remains a mystery I suppose. She is the star of my instagram though.

I'm sorry!

Just kidding on the butterfly (but seriously). Congrats on the improved swimming!

haha I fell in love with fly kick! I cannot figure out the arms at all - and they ruin my rhythm and form completely. But having my arms along the body and just kicking is pretty cool
Although, I only use it as a warm up.

Congrats on your race by the way!
Mary
2015-11-02 4:49 PM
in reply to: marysia83

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Originally posted by marysia83

I remember my first Halloween in US (we did not have this in Poland and I only knew the tradition from the movies) - I was so nervous that day I was sitting in the living room waiting for the kids. I had few that day, but I was so afraid I would do something ...incorrectly... I was probably more nervous - and more excited - than those kids.. Mary

That's an awesome story! My partner at work is from Hungary and she has similar stories from when she moved here. She's been here a while  but once in a while I catch her with something she doesn't understand, like "spidey sense".

My last name is Lato. My husband's grandfather came here from Poland.

2015-11-02 4:50 PM
in reply to: rrrunner

User image

Denver, Colorado
Originally posted by rrrunner

For those of you I'm not friends with on FB, I lost my Momma on the 25th. It was 3 days after we returned from our road trip to bring DS2's car to Connecticut. We spent a couple days working with the Red Cross to get DS2 released then headed to NE Colorado to be with family and help my step father.

Because of the two trips I've done most of my runs at lower elevations the last couple weeks. I think I felt it during my PT test today . I've waffled on whether to do Moab or not on Saturday. Been a crazy couple weeks. I think Momma would kick my azz if I missed a race because of her. She was always so supportive of my training and racing. 

I am so sorry for your loss
Mary
2015-11-02 4:53 PM

User image

Denver, Colorado

I remember my first Halloween in US (we did not have this in Poland and I only knew the tradition from the movies) - I was so nervous that day I was sitting in the living room waiting for the kids. I had few that day, but I was so afraid I would do something ...incorrectly... I was probably more nervous - and more excited - than those kids.. Mary

That's an awesome story! My partner at work is from Hungary and she has similar stories from when she moved here. She's been here a while  but once in a while I catch her with something she doesn't understand, like "spidey sense".

I've been here for 12 years and I still run into the cultural/linguistic traps once in a while Which is a fun learning experience

"Lato" is sumemr in Polish and one of the best soccer players in Polish history had the same last name.
Mary
2015-11-02 5:01 PM

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by Atlantia I am a mighty swimmer! Swim class #6 was over the weekend, and in addition to my breaststroke looking much improved -- we started butterfly! Just kicking for now, but I got to wear fins, and it was so much fun. The mermaid is strong within me! In other swimming news, I did a 100 last week that was sub 2:00 for the first time ever! All that time in the pool is started to show some improvement. And I cannot figure out how to attach a picture of my darling Vivaldi here....so she remains a mystery I suppose. She is the star of my instagram though.

Congrats on the new swim prowess!!

2015-11-02 5:01 PM

User image

Master
Orlando

Sorry you didn't get any trick or treaters! Here's my two Wild Kratts (PBS kids show). As I'm not a night owl, I'm totally with you on the fireworks thing.

Very cute!!

2015-11-02 5:03 PM

User image

Master
Orlando

Sorry for your loss TJ.  

2015-11-02 5:05 PM

User image

Master
Orlando

hahah, that's great! 

I had a grand total of 6 kids Halloween.  Now I have a ton of candy to bring to the office.  Or eat myself

2015-11-02 5:33 PM

Master
Northern IL

I've been here for 12 years and I still run into the cultural/linguistic traps once in a while Which is a fun learning experience "Lato" is sumemr in Polish and one of the best soccer players in Polish history had the same last name. Mary

Heck, I run into things like this with various family members.  Different areas of the US can be substantially different too.

Even though I stay right here for work, have ended up communicating with people on every continent at some point. Trying to figure out all the nuances can be an interesting challenge. Some people more used to this still get caught up at times when others come to visit. Like asking if they want to hang out after work. "What, in a tree?!?"

2015-11-02 5:34 PM
in reply to: amd723

Master
Northern IL

Originally posted by amd723

hahah, that's great! 

I had a grand total of 6 kids Halloween.  Now I have a ton of candy to bring to the office.  Or eat myself

Eat on the way to the office. 

2015-11-02 5:35 PM

Master
Northern IL

Sorry TJ.

2015-11-02 5:58 PM

User image

Simsbury, Connecticut

So sorry
2015-11-02 5:59 PM
in reply to: mtnbikerchk

User image

Simsbury, Connecticut
Anyone following the NY Marathon see this?

http://themighty.com/2015/11/when-this-marathoners-wheelchair-broke...

CRAZY AWESOMENESS!!
2015-11-02 6:01 PM

User image

Pro
Bellingham, WA

Very sorry to hear that.  Sounds like she was very proud of you and your accomplishments.  As far as racing on Saturday, it would be hard just from the emotional drain but like you said she probably would want you to race if you are up to it.

2015-11-02 6:26 PM
in reply to: popsracer

User image

Katy, Texas
I'm so very sorry TJ.

2015-11-02 7:18 PM

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

I'm so very sorry to hear of your loss TJ, now go do your race so you won't have to think of your Momma kicking your azz!  

2015-11-02 10:05 PM
in reply to: blueyedbikergirl

User image

Hugs, TJ.
2015-11-03 2:41 AM

User image

Veteran
Western Australia

So sorry about your Momma TJ, sending you big hugs and prayers. I love that you call her your Momma it just makes me smile for some reason.

I think that you should do Moab on Saturday in honour of her, and imagine her kicking your butt the whole way.
2015-11-03 5:32 AM

User image

Veteran
Dayton

I'm sorry! Just kidding on the butterfly (but seriously). Congrats on the improved swimming!
haha I fell in love with fly kick! I cannot figure out the arms at all - and they ruin my rhythm and form completely. But having my arms along the body and just kicking is pretty cool Although, I only use it as a warm up. Congrats on your race by the way! Mary

True story.  I can dolphin kick with anyone, but I have the hardest time adding arms and getting the body rhythm going.

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Mad Manatees 2015.4 CLOSED (or Poptart/pet pic ticket) Rss Feed  

of 60

RELATED POSTS

Mad Manatees 2015.3 CLOSED (or Poptarts? Pet pics?) Pages: 1 ... 101 102 103 104

Started by IndoIronYanti
Views: 55210 Posts: 2576

2015-10-10 12:52 AM IndoIronYanti

Manatee Mentors 2015.2 CLOSED (Poptarts? Pet pics?) Pages: 1 ... 104 105 106 107

Started by IndoIronYanti
Views: 67944 Posts: 2660

2015-05-20 9:51 AM IndoIronYanti

Ryan Mac’s HIM Focus Group - CLOSED Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26

Started by Ryan Mac
Views: 28884 Posts: 639

2015-06-15 3:22 PM Ryan Mac

TZCoaching tri getting started group! - CLOSED Pages: 1 2 3 4

Started by tzcoaching
Views: 12239 Posts: 98

2015-03-01 12:25 PM tzcoaching

Mad Manatee Mentors CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes?) Pages: 1 ... 97 98 99 100

Started by IndoIronYanti
Views: 67494 Posts: 2498

2015-02-23 11:27 AM IndoIronYanti
RELATED ARTICLES
date : January 29, 2013
author : Scott Tinley
comments : 0
There are races to prepare for and health to be found and a lot of adventure and release to be sought in the oceans of the world.

date : April 23, 2009
author : Team BT
comments : 1
The closed fist drill will ensure that you are pulling with your entire hand and forearm.