BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Manatee Monkey Mentors SHUT (Poptart or pet pic bribes considered) Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply
CLOSED

of 100

2014-06-05 12:18 PM
in reply to: laffinrock

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM
Subject: RE: Mad Manatee Mentors: We Will Stalk You (Open)

Originally posted by laffinrock

Originally posted by rrrunner

Originally posted by 4agoodlife

Yesterday at lunch! At this rate I'm going to be feeding him smoothies. We got busy playing checkers and Chutes/Ladders last night, and we totally forgot to put it under his pillow. Much to his chagrin, he remembered this morning. I had to assure him that the Tooth Fairy only comes when there's a tooth, so tonight would still be okay.

Too funny! So with inflation what does a tooth go for these days?

His first tooth was on his birthday last week. Being extra special tooth (and I only had a $10 and two $1s),  when I told J to get some cash out of my wallet...

Taylor was wise with his money, though. He bought a road atlas. lol 

$12?!?!?!?!?!!?!? For a tooth?!?!?!?!?!!? Dang! I think my kids got $2, maybe $3. Of course that was about 20 years ago... damn I'm old

Times have definitely changed!  I got a dime for each of mine.  Then my dad gave them all back to me as a wedding present when I got married.  He also gave me my belly button knot from when I was born.  Weirdest wedding presents ever!!

Ummmm yeah... that's weird...

2014-06-05 12:20 PM
in reply to: rrrunner

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by SteveyD

Originally posted by JJ- I ran 3 miles pain free this morning. I think my IT Band has calmed down from the race. Time to start building my fitness back. I'm signed up for the lottery for Houston Chevron Marathon so hopefully soon I get to start working towards my first open marathon.

Yay for pain free!!!!!!!!!! Have fun with that marathon training!!!!!!!!!!

^^^^^ x 2!!!

Melanie, I vote for ice cream and the fun ride on Saturday, then house stuff on Sunday.  Maybe kayaking Sunday too.  Watching LT would be fun but that's a lot of driving and not nearly as much fun as the ride with DH.  Leave out the weeding and house cleaning - you can always do that on other days a little at a time, maybe even some on Saturday if you're feeling guilty.

x3!I'm afraid i'm a bit out of the loop on some of the acronyms - what is LT and DH?

LT is Melanie's friend's initials. DH is Dear Husband (or some other d word depending on the mood)

Right now for me DH is something other than dear/darling husband. ;-)

2014-06-05 12:21 PM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Yesterday at lunch! At this rate I'm going to be feeding him smoothies. We got busy playing checkers and Chutes/Ladders last night, and we totally forgot to put it under his pillow. Much to his chagrin, he remembered this morning. I had to assure him that the Tooth Fairy only comes when there's a tooth, so tonight would still be okay.

His first tooth was on his birthday last week. Being extra special tooth (and I only had a $10 and two $1s),  when I told J to get some cash out of my wallet...

$12?!?!?!?!?!!?!? For a tooth?!?!?!?!?!!? Dang! I think my kids got $2, maybe $3. Of course that was about 20 years ago... damn I'm old

I only got change :-(  My parents must not love me!

2014-06-05 12:22 PM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Times have definitely changed!  I got a dime for each of mine.  Then my dad gave them all back to me as a wedding present when I got married.  He also gave me my belly button knot from when I was born.  Weirdest wedding presents ever!!

Ah well, my parents did a bit better on the wedding present front.

2014-06-05 12:26 PM
in reply to: jmkizer

User image

Veteran
East Texas
Originally posted by jmkizer

I only got change :-(  My parents must not love me!

My 5yr old just lost his first and second tooth within the last 6 weeks. We gave him a bunch of change that equaled less than 50 cents. I didn't know the going rate was so high. Man I'm cheap!! My son was thrilled. He thought he got lots of money
2014-06-05 12:28 PM

User image

Veteran
East Texas

The money back at wedding is cool...........The belly button knot??? That's a little odd

2014-06-05 12:31 PM
in reply to: JJ-

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by JJ-

The money back at wedding is cool...........The belly button knot??? That's a little odd

I think that the teeth were returned at the wedding.

2014-06-05 12:36 PM

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

My FIL sent the DJ home so he (FIL) could play the concertina at the reception! For you non-Wisconsin/Chicago types, a concertina is similar to an accordian.

2014-06-05 12:38 PM

User image

Denver, CO

Originally posted by JJ-

Yup, it was the teeth.  In a TicTac container with the label removed.

2014-06-05 12:39 PM

User image

Veteran
East Texas

Originally posted by JJ-

Oh wow your right, yea that's weird. But I'm not one to save things.
2014-06-05 12:47 PM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by JJ-

Fancy!

2014-06-05 12:53 PM

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by SteveyD

Originally posted by JJ- I ran 3 miles pain free this morning. I think my IT Band has calmed down from the race. Time to start building my fitness back. I'm signed up for the lottery for Houston Chevron Marathon so hopefully soon I get to start working towards my first open marathon.

Yay for pain free!!!!!!!!!! Have fun with that marathon training!!!!!!!!!!

^^^^^ x 2!!!

Melanie, I vote for ice cream and the fun ride on Saturday, then house stuff on Sunday.  Maybe kayaking Sunday too.  Watching LT would be fun but that's a lot of driving and not nearly as much fun as the ride with DH.  Leave out the weeding and house cleaning - you can always do that on other days a little at a time, maybe even some on Saturday if you're feeling guilty.

x3!I'm afraid i'm a bit out of the loop on some of the acronyms - what is LT and DH?

LT is Melanie's friend's initials. DH is Dear Husband (or some other d word depending on the mood)

Right now for me DH is something other than dear/darling husband. ;-)

Uh oh!

2014-06-05 12:54 PM

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by JJ-

Fancy!

I really don't know what to say here other than this is great stuff!   

2014-06-05 1:05 PM
in reply to: amd723

User image

Denver, CO

Originally posted by amd723

Originally posted by JJ-

Fancy!

To be fair, my parents also gave us some other things like dishes and such.  On our 1st anniversary, though, we got a box of sheep cheese.  They're somewhat gift-challenged.

2014-06-05 1:09 PM

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by JJ-

Fancy!

To be fair, my parents also gave us some other things like dishes and such.  On our 1st anniversary, though, we got a box of sheep cheese.  They're somewhat gift-challenged.

I think it's great!  They're obviously trying to give thoughtful, meaningful gifts.  Although, I don't know what is meaningful about sheep cheese

2014-06-05 1:18 PM
in reply to: amd723

User image

Denver, CO

I think it's great!  They're obviously trying to give thoughtful, meaningful gifts.  Although, I don't know what is meaningful about sheep cheese

They'd recently been to the local Highland Festival and my Dad and I are part Scottish.  We're Lowland Scot, not Highland, but Dad doesn't seem to know the difference despite his interest in genealogy.  Anyway, I think there was some connection in there somewhere....   At least the cheese was tasty.

2014-06-05 1:20 PM

User image

Denver, CO

My FIL sent the DJ home so he (FIL) could play the concertina at the reception! For you non-Wisconsin/Chicago types, a concertina is similar to an accordian.

Bet that was fun!  Was there much polka-dancing?

2014-06-05 2:12 PM
in reply to: #4996915

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM
Any social gathering on DH's side includes either Polka or Poker, usually both.
2014-06-05 2:24 PM

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

Okay, I've just spent the day catching up...

NEW PUPPY!! (with a cool name and background story)

Cute shoes is the reason why we're all doing this - and hi to Emily!

Super speedy Manatees... without race report (*cough* Tom & Yanti *cough*)

I'm still in a race for who gets to Austin first... but I'm supposed to fly there next week for another interview, YAY ME!

Teeth are either more expensive or less expensive than when I was a kid, and they make weird wedding gifts. 

Did I get everything???  

2014-06-05 2:36 PM

User image

Coastal Carolina

Originally posted by JJ-

Fancy!

DW and I play Grandma-gift-roulette every Christmas last year it was a painted cat (thankfully not a live one alla Christmas Vacation as she lives in Cleveland ...), flavored salt and a cookbook from 1992. Teeth would win hands down. It adds some adventure to Christmas.
2014-06-05 2:46 PM

Master
Northern IL

See now I'm trying to figure out what type of Jerk your FIL sent home.

2014-06-05 3:04 PM
in reply to: ponderingfox

User image

Wow! This is a very talkative group! Thank you to all for the warm welcome.

I have a bike trainer and will be getting on my bike within the next week -- getting it taken apart and cleaned and have 2 spinning classes scheduled in the mean time.

And without further ado, here are my shoes!
2014-06-05 3:05 PM
in reply to: ponderingfox

User image

Wow! This is a very talkative group! Thank you to all for the warm welcome.

I have a bike trainer and will be getting on my bike within the next week -- getting it taken apart and cleaned and have 2 spinning classes scheduled in the mean time.

And without further ado, here are my shoes! If I can figure out how to do this...

(shoes.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
shoes.jpg (22KB - 5 downloads)
2014-06-05 3:29 PM
in reply to: tigrrruns

User image

Veteran
Dayton

Originally posted by tigrrruns Wow! This is a very talkative group! Thank you to all for the warm welcome. I have a bike trainer and will be getting on my bike within the next week -- getting it taken apart and cleaned and have 2 spinning classes scheduled in the mean time. And without further ado, here are my shoes! If I can figure out how to do this...

Nice.  It has been decided that neon and pastel colors are faster than others.  They're lighter colors, which means they weigh less, right?

2014-06-05 3:37 PM
in reply to: #5007718

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM
Purdy shoes!
New Thread
CLOSED
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Manatee Monkey Mentors SHUT (Poptart or pet pic bribes considered) Rss Feed  

of 100

RELATED POSTS

Playmobil31's Group - Open

Started by playmobil31
Views: 65 Posts: 1

2011-12-18 3:37 PM playmobil31

Mentors Needed - INSTRUCTIONS

Started by Ron
Views: 11078 Posts: 1

2006-12-20 4:55 PM Ron
RELATED ARTICLES
date : March 12, 2014
author : TeamMPI
comments : 1
The majority of new triathletes see the open water swim as their biggest stumbling block. Here are four steps to help you have a better swim experience in your first (or next) triathlon.

date : June 14, 2012
author : IndoIronYanti
comments : 4
MAPS is Meditation, Acclimatization, Practice, and Strategy, which are key for giving you the confidence and skills to execute the open-water swim in a triathlon well.
date : September 15, 2011
comments : 0
Don't be scared for the swim! Gain more confidence for your open water swims with these tips

date : February 6, 2010
author : EndurancePlanet
Coming off of a tibial stress fracture in 2000, stevebradley made his way into triathlon. Now he has over 60 triathlons completed and is one of the most active mentor groups on BT.
date : July 15, 2009
author : EndurancePlanet
Not only is he a great athlete, he is a great mentor. I have been in his mentor group for the last two rounds and he inspires and encourages our entire group daily.

date : December 17, 2007
author : LukeTX04
I learned in this race that in order to finish the swim, you have to know where you are going. And in order to know where you are going, you have to learn to sight.
date : September 25, 2007
author : Tri Swim Coach
Discussion on sinking hips, balance drills, open water freak-out, best breathing for open water swimming and head position.

date : February 19, 2007
author : Terese Luikens
Find a mentor. Make a list of at least three people that you could approach for help, list your specific needs and then be courageous enough to begin asking.